• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

lol
DmvJfYR.png

Is this supposed to be a joke?

Sessions recused. He can't appoint anything with regards to Russia. It would have to be Rosenstein

It didn't stop him from putting together a firing recommendation for the guy heading an investigation into all the things he "recused" himself against. There is literally. No. Rules. for these guys anymore.

By all accounts the firing was very abrupt and rushed something they were showed spooked them and they did this to hopefully possibly delay the investigation wiht a real hope of squashing it. Its a very desperate move. Comey wasn't even given a chance to comeback to Washington to be told in person finding out from people watching the news as he spoke at the LA FBI event. I swear the Russians are here and are going dark and analogue.

I wonder what people outside of my liberal bubble think about this. Admittedly I don't communicate much with conservatives nor do I visit their websites or watch their news station so I'm honestly wondering how GOP supporters feel about this.

It's hard to gauge the opinions of the average republicans based off the conservative pundits on CNN.

I've continued to follow some anti-Trump conservatives on Twitter for the years, guys like Jonah Goldberg or old neocons like Bill Kristol or John Podhoretz. All of them were shocked and initially appalled today at the firing, for most of the same reasons we are. But then Goldberg switched to be critical of Democrats who were criticizing the president, calling them hypocrites, which is pretty predicable. Goldberg was one of the founders of the '#NeverTrump' campaign, and he's been an opponent of the alt-right being a so-called '(((Globalist)))', but whenever times get tough for the president, he doubles down on what he considers to be democratic hypocrisy, and it deflects from Trump. He maintains a sort of naive "You all know how I feel about Trump, so I'm going to talk about hypocrites in the Democratic party..." folksism.

Most of my "normal conservative" friends dislike Trump immensely, so they're not really his base. These would have been mostly political independents, but some Republicans, who would vote for a guy like Mitt Romney, but were turned off by Trump seeming like an utter idiot and not fit to be president. So, most of them probably didn't vote for Trump to begin with, and so I'm not sure if they're really accurate portrayals of like a "normal Conservative base."

I'm... genuinely baffled.

Paz

Sad to see you go America,and it's with rapturous applause from a congress that refused to give a fuck because the president had a big (R) next to his name.

His recusal is in doubt after he recommended to the President the firing of the man leading the investigation into the campaign last year.

If they want to be even more blatant about killing the Russia probe, they can do so at their own peril. The White House sitting stupified at the blowback tells me they didn't consider this would only amplify the call for an independent investigation and the pressure is only going to rise as this goes on.

Sessions breaking recusal would be the cherry on top.

Thought exercise. Lets say the entire executive branch and the leadership of parts of legislative branch is completely corrupt.

Who has the authority and power at this point to stop them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom