• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
When Democrats take back the White House in 2020, expect a lot of Trump associates to be thrown in prison.

When they lose and Trump get's another 4 years I expect many gaffers heads to explode.

I can't get over how long it feels he's been President for, it's like aeons are passing.

mike6467

After too many hours of Persona 5, I was half expecting all of this to be a build up to the next palace.

I'm guessing his would be Maralago?

Yeah, I was reading reactions on Twitter and the Phansite ticker in P5 was flashing in my head and freaking me out. This shit is real.

GreyWind

This is the best part of the Politico article

C_cBOmAWsAAWzd9.jpg:large

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/10/comey-firing-trump-russia-238192

When they lose and Trump get's another 4 years I expect many gaffers heads to explode.

I can't get over how long it feels he's been President for, it's like aeons are passing.

Trump is sitting at negative approval ratings and won't be lucky enough to run against the GOPs biggest boogeyman in 2020.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Its weird to me, you think the GOP Senate/House would want him out and someone in power who they've got more control over. Ryan basically. With that, you think they'd be pursuing these investigations more fully. Fuck I mean, this firing today is grounds for impeachment itself.

But they aren't, and if they aren't ,nothing is happening until 2018, when the Democrats probably lose more seats and more states because one of them did something slightly dumb.
I think they were trying to salvage the "public mandate" that comes with most new presidents. That period is basically up, so now would be a great time to distance and disown him.

Toxi

Banned
The left are mad that she cost them the election, in their view.

The right still need someone to demonize.

Pretty simple IMO.
The left are mad about that.

The extreme left think she's going to eat their babies and become God Empress of the Democrats while laughing maniacally. Also something about the Clinton Foundation.

Opto

Banned
If a Democrat wins in 2020... do they let the new FBI director ride their position out? Fire them because they are a puppet of Trump?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Nah, everything planted by Trump would need to be rooted out.

Only problem is that the Trump puppet would probably start a bullshit investigation into the democratic candidate in an attempt to discredit them. So getting rid of them would be seen as political revenge rather than good housekeeping

HariKari

"Several Stone allies and friends said Stone, who has been frequently mentioned in the investigation, encouraged the president to fire Comey in conversations in recent weeks."

The dumb people he surrounds himself with like Stone and Bannon will be his undoing.

Comey was fucked either way. Clinton would have fired him too. Though Clinton at least wouldn't be dumb enough to fire him during a fucking investigation. Heres hoping Trump opens up a shitstorm that ends with him being impeached.

"Several Stone allies and friends said Stone, who has been frequently mentioned in the investigation, encouraged the president to fire Comey in conversations in recent weeks."
This thing has gotten so big I'm shocked it took a trump win to see it. But if this means what I could trace it to mean..... alot of things fell into place and it's amazingly scary.

Chumley

Banned
If a Democrat wins in 2020... do they let the new FBI director ride their position out? Fire them because they are a puppet of Trump?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

No. Everyone even remotely connected to Trump goes and hopefully goes to prison.

Syncytia

The left are mad about that.

The extreme left think she's going to eat their babies and become God Empress of the Democrats while laughing maniacally.

Horseshoe theory in action, just replace "Democrats" with something like "Sharia States of Islamic America"

Comey was fucked either way. Clinton would have fired him too. Though Clinton at least wouldn't be dumb enough to fire him during a fucking investigation. Heres hoping Trump opens up a shitstorm that ends with him being impeached.

I don't know, I think that's very hard to say that Hillary would definitely have fired him. She is extremely aware of her image and how to portray herself in public, to her detriment during the campaign.

Betty

Banned
Trump is sitting at negative approval ratings and won't be lucky enough to run against the GOPs biggest boogeyman in 2020.

The Dems will divide and Trump will have the backing of many influential people, powerful institutions he can use corruptly and of course aggressive Russian propaganda/support.

sazzy

what does this imply

NBC Nightly News @NBCNightlyNews
Replying to @NBCNightlyNews
JUST IN: Minority Leader Schumer has asked all Democratic senators to be in their seats at 9:30 a.m. ET Wed., a Senate aid says.

Steel

Banned
what does this imply

JUST IN: Minority Leader Schumer has asked all Democratic senators to be in their seats at 9:30 a.m. ET Wed., a Senate aid says.

Probably just getting heads together on how to react to this.

Davide

what does this imply

McConell asked them to be there at 9. Schumer hasn't called a meeting.

Zolo

what does this imply

Schumer will recommend a special investigation while Republicans say 'no'.

Ithil

what does this imply

Probably going to ask for a special commission or prosecutor.

Bronx-Man

Banned
what does this imply

Things are getting real interesting.

Tall4Life

Horseshoe theory in action, just replace "Democrats" with something like "Sharia States of Islamic America"

yo wtf

no, you have weirdos on both sides, i'd argue more on the right because fascism is fucking deadly but still

actual communism is nowhere near what you're trying to describe with your "horseshoe" theory

get this bullshit outta here

benjipwns

Banned
If the justice department fails than it all rests squarely on the shoulders of the intelligence community. Massive leaks to the news media or more drastic and hands on actions in their part, we will see.
yes, yes, what could go wrong with the intelligence community getting more "hands on" with domestic politics, just look at their resume with getting "hands on" with foreign politics

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Won't deny it. Makes me happy to know he is so frustrated and angry.

This idiot deserves every bit that is coming to him.
Yup. All he'd need to do to defuse the situation somewhat is say "I'm confident of my innocence, and have faith in the investigation that they will confirm this for me." Instead he fires the head of the investigation and goes on insane rants.

Ernest

Banned

That there is all you need to read to see what an unmitigated idiot Trump is. Most children don't act out like this because they understand consequences better than Trump. They're just not as lucky as Trump has been.

Seriously, he's just plain stupid, letting his narcissism and ego take control instead of his brain. But then when has he EVER used his brain for anything? It's so obvious he doesn't think through a goddamn thing.
It's almost good he's so dumb, because someone smarter would get some shit done.

Never discount American voters

And who knows what stories they'll dig up on the next candidate

You don't understand. The only reason Trump won was because the GOP had been focused on attacking Hillary for YEARS.

Right now the GOP doesn't even know who the next nominee will be, let alone what dirt they can find on him/her.

Tall4Life

yes, yes, what could go wrong with the intelligence community getting more "hands on" with domestic politics, just look at their resume with getting "hands on" with foreign politics

Um.... do you think the FBI has little to do with domestic affairs at all? That they just sit around and jerk off? Their entire purpose is to preserve a democratic government from foreign threats....

what does this imply

They will go over the previous night's homework and trade with a neighbor to grade it.

Wait, this isn't school?

Everything Trump has done and the way he's acted, is not the way an innocent man handles things. The pressure seems to be getting to him.

benjipwns

Banned
Even if nothing gets much worse from the situation now, you basically need to clean house of everyone you can that was brought in by Trump. Day one, everyone gone.
Well, okay, but only as long as they aren't sent letters months in advance about having to have a resignation letter prepared dated for inauguration day.

Um.... do you think the FBI has little to do with domestic affairs at all? That they just sit around and jerk off? Their entire purpose is to preserve a democratic government from foreign threats....
Um...do you even know what the FBI is?

brau

Yup. All he'd need to do to defuse the situation somewhat is say "I'm confident of my innocence, and have faith in the investigation that they will confirm this for me." Instead he fires the head of the investigation and goes on insane rants.

He doesn't stop there either.

Just making an embarrassment of himself and the government along with the country.

The tag of 'man child' has never been more accurate. I bet he is pouting at his desk shuffling stacks of paper not wanting to have dinner.

Zolo

True, but all republican senators? Might not a few be swayed if only to appear to be on the side of transparency?

Okay. They'll all decide what they want to do, decide 'no' except maybe a couple, so that it's not enough. Then, some will talk about how it's concerning, but not enough to need a special commission or prosecutor.

brau

I just yelled "shut up!" at Kelly Anne on CNN. God I hate her.

I had a good streak of not seeing any of her on the news or read about her mental deflections.

She is one that can trigger me like no other. Her incompetence is almost as bad as Donnies.

So does this nation which elected him in the first place.

:( Sad.

Popular vote said more people did not elect him. Electoral College FTW.

Whats even more sad is that 50% of eligible voters did not vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom