• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncytia

yo wtf

no, you have weirdos on both sides, i'd argue more on the right because fascism is fucking deadly but still

actual communism is nowhere near what you're trying to describe with your "horseshoe" theory

get this bullshit outta here

I think you're misinterpreting what I mean by my post? I mean replace the taking over the democrat part and you've jumped from the extreme left side of the horseshoe across the gap to the extreme right.

yes, yes, what could go wrong with the intelligence community getting more "hands on" with domestic politics, just look at their resume with getting "hands on" with foreign politics

If nobody else is going to do it, it'll have to fall on the IC. Deepthroat was the Deputy Director of the FBI during Watergate, the exact position of the man currently in command of the FBI after Comey's firing.

Biske

Kelly Ann's interview on CNN was awful, not in top form at all. Usually she has a pretty good handle on the bullshit train and steers it effectively.

But it was just a god damn mess. Even she must be getting tired of this shit.

Syncytia

Well, okay, but only as long as they aren't sent letters months in advance about having to have a resignation letter prepared dated for inauguration day.

I'm sure they would all be expecting it the second Trump lost the election. If a democrat comes after Trump, there would be way too much distrust and suspicion to keep any one brought on by Trump.

About 2018....

ZxKbTVr.jpg

kendrid

Banned
You just know that once the cameras are off Cooper is doing shots after talking to Kelly Anne. I don't know how he can keep a straight face and not laugh at her bullshit.

brau

She's not incompetent, far from it. She is the master of bullshit spinning.... It's just we are so far from what one should be able to spin that it physically hurts.

I dunno.. im pretty sure her BS catches up to her. Just look at her. She either gave up on life, or she drank the cool aid so much that she has nothing to loose anymore.

Reggie is a good BSer. Kellyanne is just infuriating because she is not even smart about it. Alternative facts? Lets not forget the Bowling Green Massacre.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
He doesn't stop there either.

Just making an embarrassment of himself and the government along with the country.

The tag of 'man child' has never been more accurate. I bet he is pouting at his desk shuffling stacks of paper not wanting to have dinner.
Ugh.

Why won't he just address the elephant in the room - he never addresses it, just insults and deflects. (We know why - I just find it incredibly frustrating).

Zips

See a lot of people still in the mindset of "it can't happen here" in regards to the U.S. sliding into dictatorship.

There is no switch that gets flipped and instantly everyone knows the country is a dictatorship and needs to be taken down. It's political salami tactics.

Create a chalkboard of things you think will save American democracy. Do you rise up when one item is crossed out? Two? How about the third? Oh look, now the barriers are in the minority and the majority have been corrupted or bypassed. Do you rise up now? It's getting intimidating to be on the uncorrupted side.

When do you push the button? And remember - you can't push it alone or with a small group, and your group seems to be shrinking the more you wait.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Cancelled elections is a bit of hyperbole, but will anyone be surprised if in 2018 we have increased scrutiny of "massive illegal voting" as well as rampant Russian hacking of Democratic campaigns with little action to counter by a compliant, compromised FBI? The United States' electoral integrity is in dire straits and I don't trust the executive or legislative branches at all.
This is again (and I hate to be a broken record) people make sure they are not only voting in 2017 local elections but encouraging others to do so. Democrats need to get good at this and the votes matter A LOT in these races. Your local and state governments protecting LGBTQ people, immigrants and POC is gonna matter.

I know it annoys people when I bring it up, but it need to be repeated again and again.

None of the threads about getting people mobilized locally have lasted more than a page.

Tagg9

I once again ask why CNN puts Kelly on tv, you'll never get a true answer and this is her most embarrassing so far.

I don't understand how people can complain about this. CNN needs to give air time to both sides of the argument in order to appear as unbiased as possible. And don't forget that Conway is an official White House counselor.

Tahnit

Banned
Isnt firing the director of the FBI who is investigating you obstruction of justice? Like plain and simple he committed a crime? What else needs to be said? Doesn't matter if "it was for another reason" he fired the guy heading the investigations. He committed a crime.

I don't understand how people can complain about this. CNN needs to give air time to both sides of the argument in order to appear as unbiased as possible. And don't forget that Conway is an official White House counselor.
The one side calls the channel fake on the program and hasn't said a word that wasn't objectively false. There's no side with lieing.

Tall4Life

Isnt firing the director of the FBI who is investigating you obstruction of justice? Like plain and simple he committed a crime? What else needs to be said? Doesn't matter if "it was for another reason" he fired the guy heading the investigations. He committed a crime.

A plurality of the people who could do something don't care, that's it.

Syncytia

And the reason given for firing him already existed on Trumps first day in office. It existed the day he won the election. Every sane person knows it's a BS excuse and can see that a mile away. Although it's not a crime, it's pretty obviously politically motivated.

Hazmat

It isn't. Should he be able to do it without oversight? No, probably not. Is he legally empowered to? Yes. It's not obstruction of justice (in terms of that being an offense, he's definitely obstructing justice).

Nah, the FBI Director serves at the pleasure of the President. He's allowed to do this.

Trump removing Comey was legal. He did not commit a crime. Did he act in an unethical manner yeah.

benjipwns

Banned
If nobody else is going to do it, it'll have to fall on the IC. Deepthroat was the Deputy Director of the FBI during Watergate, the exact position of the man currently in command of the FBI after Comey's firing.
And yet Nixon was re-elected and won 49 states and 61% of the popular vote.

It was the judge in the burglary case that got someone to flip on the conspiracy he had already ferreted out.

Tagg9

The one side calls the channel fake on the program and hasn't said a word that wasn't objectively false. There's no side with lieing.

Oh, I completely agree. But if they didn't have her on at all, you'd have Trump supporters yelling "biased!" instead. It's a lose-lose situation.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
He hasn't - and i think all this reveals is the danger of a system that relies more or less on the 'honor' system that people will do the right thing. When someone comes along who gives zero fucks and the ego the size of the universe it all comes unravelled.

benjipwns

Banned
Are you under the impression that the FBI stops all its business when the boss fifty layers up leaves for the afternoon?

What is Trump personally under criminal investigation for?

And yet Nixon was re-elected and won 49 states and 61% of the popular vote.

It was the judge in the burglary case that got someone to flip on the conspiracy he had already ferreted out.

The story was case closed until a couple of WaPo reporters kept digging. So all is not lost even if Trump somehow squashes any FBI investigation.

He doesn't stop there either.

Just making an embarrassment of himself and the government along with the country.

The tag of 'man child' has never been more accurate. I bet he is pouting at his desk shuffling stacks of paper not wanting to have dinner.

There's no fucking way that tweet is real

TyrantII

See a lot of people still in the mindset of "it can't happen here" in regards to the U.S. sliding into dictatorship.

There is no switch that gets flipped and instantly everyone knows the country is a dictatorship and needs to be taken down. It's political salami tactics.

Create a chalkboard of things you think will save American democracy. Do you rise up when one item is crossed out? Two? How about the third? Oh look, now the barriers are in the minority and the majority have been corrupted or bypassed. Do you rise up now? It's getting intimidating to be on the uncorrupted side.

When do you push the button? And remember - you can't push it alone or with a small group, and your group seems to be shrinking the more you wait.

Yup, people do not know their history. This is a rerun in real-time. The details will just be a little different.

benjipwns

Banned
The story was case closed until a couple of WaPo reporters kept digging. So all is not lost even if Trump somehow squashes any FBI investigation.
What? No, it wasn't. The Washington Post's reporting was during the 1972 election and basically a blip on the radar.

Nixon's second cover-up (the one he went down for) was after he was already re-elected. And Congress had already formed Sam Ervin's committee to hold hearings.

Mark Felt was leaking the ongoing investigation. Ironically, one of multiple crimes he committed in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom