• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slime

Banned
Any day now.

8xKFHfm.jpg

Wonder what he'll look like in 2025.

Lego Boss

I'm trying to work out how House of Cards will even remotely compete with this in its new series.

It's amazing that he can do this kind of thing and he is practically unaccountable.

I don't think any democrats were saying Trump should fire Comey, even if they were asking for Comey to resign.

This spin isn't fooling anyone other than the die hard Trump supporters... who will believe anything at this point, so we should stop worrying about them. We don't need to flip his hard core supporters to wrestle power back.

Interesting that Trump thinks 'he should be fired' is one of the worse things you can say about someone though.

Sulik2

Uh. So Trump is actively interfering in his own criminal investigation. Once more I question if there are even going to be elections in 2018.

cameron

Donald is awake and tweeting.

Amazing...

So it didn't even cross their mind that firing the guy who is leading an investigation on him might look a little suspicious

It kinda suggests that the number of people initially involved in drafting and/or knew about Comey's dismissal was small; so small that their collective intelligence didn't escape the threshold of stupidity. If a large number of people/advisors in the WH knew of Donald's decision to fire Comey, someone surely would have pointed out how bad the timing of this looks. Similar in a way to Donald's outbursts regarding NATO, NAFTA, Obama wiretaps, etc where several senior WH officials were alarmed during each incident and have anonymously said they had no idea.

But I still can't believe the deputy AG didn't object to the timing of this.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wonder what Comey has been thinking since yesterday.

"Why did I help this stupid fool win the election?"
that or imadeahugemistake.gif

Donald is awake and tweeting.

It kinda suggests that the number of people initially involved in drafting and/or knew about Comey's dismissal was small; so small that their collective intelligence didn't escape the threshold of stupidity. If a large number of people/advisors in the WH knew of Donald's decision to fire Comey, someone surely would have pointed out how bad the timing of this looks. Similar in a way to Donald's outbursts regarding NATO, NAFTA, Obama wiretaps, etc where several senior WH officials were alarmed during each incident and have anonymously said they had no idea.

But I still can't believe the deputy AG didn't object to the timing of this.

Did he know that they were going to fire Comey, or was he just asked to write something containing his concerns with the director? We probably won't know for a while, but I don't think there's anything on record that shows that the Deputy AG was aware that this would lead to Comey's dismissal.

Comey calls Russia the greatest threat of any nation on earth, Trump fires him and meets Russian ambassador the next morning.

But this is about Hillary.

Gutek

You have to applaud the complete and utter ignorance in which Trump lives. Firing Comey hours before meeting the Russian foreign minister at the WH? You have to be truly detached from reality to think that's a good idea.

It makes no difference to republicans. It won't do a dent in his numbers.

Tovarisc

What is the Drudge Report? He's retweeting articles from them

http://drudgereport.com

Basic idea is that they compile big headlines of the moment onto single page with links to news articles. From main stream media to more obscure news sources.

Matt Drudge, founder and main man of the site, is somewhat on right and biiig Trump supporter. This became very obvious during election cycle and his leanings started to paint Drudge Report's output.

I still can't get over his tweeting speed. So he places the first message 24 minutes ago, then one 16 minutes ago, then a retweet about violence in Mexico (guess he went to Drudge and saw that while looking for Comey shit?). Then another tweet 8 minutes ago.

Attention span of a toddler. I imagine him being distracted by something, then tweeting again, seeing something shiny, back to twitter.

Jerm411

Trump also retweeted a Drudge article listing scandals during Comey's tenure....

What is this world we're living in.....?

Bit-Bit

http://drudgereport.com

Basic idea is that they compile big headlines of the moment onto single page with links to news articles. From main stream media to more obscure news sources.

Matt Drudge, founder and main man of the site, is somewhat on right and biiig Trump supporter. This became very obvious during election cycle and his leanings started to paint Drudge Report's output.

What the fuck is this? What sort of people uses websites like this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom