• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's running from his own shadow.

In RPG terms. Trump has been hit with a toxic dart that will drain his HP until he's dead unless he can cure it with a specific herb item.

Instead he's just drinking health potions, boosting his HP for a it slows the toxicity for a moment then it starts to drain again.

Reninds me of, was it blighttown? In dark souls. Just like that.

I...I need this kind of breakdown on gaf for all political events going forward. Especially the head spinning circus that is our American politics.

with a new director i bet everyone that was involved in the FBI investigation will also be let go.. pretty much kills the progress in its tracks.

jelly

If/when Trump goes down, it's not just him, it's his family, business, everything. Trump tower, Trump steak, Trump vodka, all that shit will be radioactive. Wild to think about.

Best day and I hope it comes. I don't want them to get away with it in any measure. No pardons, no deals. Lose everything.

It will be interesting to see how this develops over the next week or so. I fully expect Trump to be impeached before his term is finished, however I am little unsure whether this will delay it, or expedite it.

Another example that proves Trump is US's Ahmadinejad!
Ahmadinejad fired his foreign minister when he was in Senegal and the foreign minister didn't know this, until president of Senegal told him! lol

HariKari

It will be interesting to see how this develops over the next week or so. I fully expect Trump to be impeached before his term is finished, however I am little unsure whether this will delay it, or expedite it.

If it results in a bipartisan committee, it will expedite it. Bonus points if he overreaches and puts someone the FBI hates in charge.

If it results in a bipartisan committee, it will expedite it. Bonus points if he overreaches and puts someone the FBI hates in charge.

Probably gonna be Rudy Giuliani or Chris Christie. I also expect Comey's firing might prompt the leak of something substantial, such as the taped conversations between members of the Trump team and Kislyak, or even the alleged tapes Carter Page was sent to Moscow with.

I'd assume you have plenty of patriots in FBI who might not stand for this shit. Leaks are inevitable, possibly as soon as tommorrow. And they'll likely be investigating more fervently than before, I would if I knew it could be meddled with any time.

This is really a time when it'll be the small unspoken heroes that could make a difference. Clearly the general public or the government itself are not the best place to put your faith.

Maledict

I'd assume you have plenty of patriots in FBI who might not stand for this shit. Leaks are inevitable, possibly as soon as tommorrow. And they'll likely be investigating more fervently than before, I would if I knew it could be meddled with any time.

This is really a time when it'll be the small unspoken heroes that could make a difference. Clearly the general public or the government itself are not the best place to put your faith.

Bear in mind one of the main reasons Comey sent the letter re hillarys emails was because he knew that people within the FBI would leak it if he didn't. The FBI New York branch in particular was described by journalists as 'trump land'. Don't be so sure that you white, male authoritatrian government agency will be so quick and keen to push back on trump.

Bear in mind one of the main reasons Comey sent the letter re hillarys emails was because he knew that people within the FBI would leak it if he didn't. The FBI New York branch in particular was described by journalists as 'trump land'. Don't be so sure that you white, male authoritatrian government agency will be so quick and keen to push back on trump.

Yeah it's definitely the other side of the coin. Rather than hoping the organization as a whole inexplicably declares war on Trump, I'm more curious what will happen if you get the odd rogue agents working from the inside.

Especially if there really is some dirt being dug up. All it takes is one Snowden.

Cyborg

As a European I am sad to see such a great country (America) turn into this. Shame!
Good luck to all the sane people left.

Oriel

Christ, another three years of this shit. The fucking Repubs won't do anything about all this blatant corruption so all we can hope for is the Dems winning Congress in 2018 and immediately impeach the Orange Turd.

Yeah it's definitely the other side of the coin. Rather than hoping the organization as a whole inexplicably declares war on Trump, I'm more curious what will happen if you get the odd rogue agents working from the inside.

Especially if there really is some dirt being dug up. All it takes is one Snowden.

Its worth noting that potential leaks do not have to come from the FBI, there are numerous countries whose intelligence agencies allegedly have damning evidence.

Mutant

While your insight into history can be interesting, when you pull bullshit like today, i'd rather do without it.

At this point, I doubt the forum, or poligaf would miss you much if you just quit posting.

So perhaps think about it?

I'm going to bed. I'd suggest posters just ignore him, perhaps he will go away.

Even as nicely as you worded it, this is an inappropriate thing to say to him.

Chirotera

Banned
I still don't get how it's legal to remove the person actively leading an investigation against you.

How do we have not have an independent investigation already in place? If Trump has nothing to hide, he would not have done this. What can we do?

Lego Boss

I still don't get how it's legal to remove the person actively leading an investigation against you.

How do we have not have an independent investigation already in place? If Trump has nothing to hide, he would not have done this. What can we do?

It's beautiful isn't it? I guess (although not American so I don't know) that because FBI is not judicial, then it comes under the remit of the government and therefore you can do (if you are Trump), whatever you want to do.

If a judge leads an investigation (which I think happens in France) they would be seperatre from executive branch, but really I have no idea any more and does it matter? The whole US govt is rotten anyway.

Its worth noting that potential leaks do not have to come from the FBI, there are numerous countries whose intelligence agencies allegedly have damning evidence.

This is true but the international intelligence exchange, even among allies, isn't based on kindness. Such intelligence would only be shared if the US reciprocates with something relevant to the national interests of the discoverer, or if influences US politics in welcome strategic directions (no ally wants more chaos in the US right now) or, worse, saved to be used as policy leverage.

Since Trump is uniquely abrasive to allied countries, it might change this equation but don't be surprised if nothing comes out in the near future if the security services conduct business as usual.

benjipwns

Banned
It's beautiful isn't it? I guess (although not American so I don't know) that because FBI is not judicial, then it comes under the remit of the government and therefore you can do (if you are Trump), whatever you want to do.

If a judge leads an investigation (which I think happens in France) they would be seperatre from executive branch, but really I have no idea any more and does it matter? The whole US govt is rotten anyway.
This is more like if the French Prime Minister fired the Director-General of the National Police.

That guy who knew and repeatedly tipped off people that the grand juries existed - before anyone - has some pretty wild info today on passports tillerson money transfers out of the country ... and large numbers of potential indictments.

Holy shit 'Murica.

It astounds me how brazen and transparent the Trump admin is. Surely all of this shit will catch up with him at some point?

Cipherr

At this point, I doubt the forum, or poligaf would miss you much if you just quit posting.

So perhaps think about it?

Just try to keep in mind that no matter what happens with this shitshow of a presidency, someone... SOMEONE is ALWAYS going to come into the threads on some bullshit. The more insane the action the administration takes, the more insane the shit posters have to be to derail the discussion.

The ante just keeps getting raised. The firing of Comey is the most ridiculous, blatant and transparently corrupt bullshit the nation has seen in god only KNOWS how long. The mess this thread was forced into was always going to be hot garbage because of that. Im only saying this because maybe if you expect it next go around (this shit aint over) it won't bother you as much. That + using the ignore feature anyway, lol.

Just try to keep in mind that no matter what happens with this shitshow of a presidency, someone... SOMEONE is ALWAYS going to come into the threads on some bullshit. The more insane the action the administration takes, the more insane the shit posters have to be to derail the discussion.

The ante just keeps getting raised. The firing of Comey is the most ridiculous, blatant and transparently corrupt bullshit the nation has seen in god only KNOWS how long. The mess this thread was forced into was always going to be hot garbage because of that. Im only saying this because maybe if you expect it next go around (this shit aint over) it won't bother you as much. That + using the ignore feature anyway, lol.

benji is like the opposite of a shit poster though. He regularly supplies information, insight and perspective that no one else on this forum matches in regard to political process/history.

EGM1966

The reality show that keeps on giving.

I've stopped wondering what's coming next: it's always more surprising than anything I can imagine.

benji is like the opposite of a shit poster though. He regularly supplies information, insight and perspective that no one else on this forum matches in regard to political process/history.

Pretty much. Every once in a while it's some goofy off the rails shit, but generally speaking he has a better knowledge of US Political History than almost anyone I see posting regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom