• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump pardons former AZ Sheriff Arpaio [convicted of violating civil rights laws]

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Only 3.5 years left of this sort of stuff. Makes me wonder how the 2018 midterms will go. So far nothing has been done with both houses on his side, what if it changes?
Dude's getting reelected. And if he doesn't he'll contest the results. We are in full constitutional crisis mode already.

Shoeless

At this point I'm just waiting for a white supremacist to suicide bomb Mueller and then get a posthumous medal and statue with a Confederate flag. It seems feasible now.

RPGCrazied

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 9m9 minutes ago
More
I am pleased to inform you that I have just granted a full Pardon to 85 year old American patriot Sheriff Joe Arpaio. He kept Arizona safe!

Wow!

Dude's getting reelected. And if he doesn't he'll contest the results. We are in full constitutional crisis mode already.

I usually keep a calm mind about this but there is absolutely no fucking way he leaves office unless he dies or he is convicted. I felt that way after the inauguration when he made a big deal about crowd sizes.

As a person born and raised in Arizona. We are not like this. Sun City kept that asshole in power and it felt really good to see him get his hand caught in the cookie jar. I am livid right now.

The president really, truly is not a good person.

I know that sounds like the understatement of the year, but I sometimes find myself focusing on that thought. I cannot find any redeeming value in him, not as a president, not as a person. He's just rotten to the core.

shiba5

Yeah.

They leave.

Tell me what I can do beside vote (in a state that doesn't even matter)? The dumbest morons in the U.S. elected this disgusting sack of garbage wearing a human suit, and the GOP mouths weak tut-tuts and goes back to sucking his dick. Meanwhile, the country is being dragged back to the dark ages - in only 8 months.
I don't want to live here anymore. I had the stupidly naive idea that my fellow Americans were better than this. Well, they aren't.

Exile20

DIHj-_ZUQAAczuF.jpg:orig

Makes sense.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 9m9 minutes ago
More
I am pleased to inform you that I have just granted a full Pardon to 85 year old American patriot Sheriff Joe Arpaio. He kept Arizona safe!
Wow!

Jesus fucking Christ.

Yup, I'm sure every single even vaguely brown person felt quite safe. Oh wait, they're not white, so they don't count.

How about the hundreds of rape and sexual assault victims he willingly ignored. Oh wait, they were women, so they don't count either.

Fuck both of these cunts.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I usually keep a calm mind about this but there is absolutely no fucking way he leaves office unless he dies or he is convicted. I felt that way after the inauguration when he made a big deal about crowd sizes.

As a person born and raised in Arizona. We are not like this. Sun City kept that asshole in power and it felt really good to see him get his hand caught in the cookie jar. I am livid right now.

Obama actually hinted at having to force Trump to leave in one of his last speeches. Trump idolizes guys like Putin and would have no problem trying to keep power.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Yup, I'm sure every single even vaguely brown person felt quite safe. Oh wait, they're not white, so they don't count.

How about the hundreds of rape and sexual assault victims he willingly ignored. Oh wait, they were women, so they don't count either.

Fuck both of these cunts.

You bring this up and every time without fail people bring up that he is nice to Dogs.

That's good, I like dogs to. Being nice to animals does not make a person a good person.

Shoeless

I think he will get reelected easily. There is no one to challange him.

If people who hate him sit out the election AGAIN, then yes, this will probably happen.

If they actually show up at the voting stations, then at least there will be a fight, as Trump scream "FAKE RESULTS!" and then is forced to openly dismantle democracy.

Rafy

Wait, I thought that he didn't even meet the requirements for a pardon. How the hell can he do this?

I apologize if the above questions have already been answered.

100% this!

I have no confidence in the Democratic party's ability to speak to middle class/blue collar people, we are fucked.

My greatest fear is the party will learn nothing, the DNC will ram Hillary down our throats again, and Trump (or Pence) will be beat her by a larger margin leaving the oblivious people that control the Democratic establishment once again shocked and bewildered.

For the record, I voted for her, I didn't like it, but I did the adult thing.

No way no how. He won't make it to 2020.

I think you should take him more seriously. Muller investigation even if they find out a lot of dirty laundry over Trump will still need the Senate to vote 2/3 majority to convict him. GOP absolutely control the Senate, and I find it highly unlikely that they will vote against Trump. They will start abusing the media and start discrediting the findings of the investigation. The people who went full Fox news will never believe the investigation, and that goes for the rest of the Republicans. Dark times are ahead the United States, and if we use your approach of dismissing and not taking the situation very seriously, we might as well have a several term president, and a full collapse of the US constitution.

I think you should take him more seriously. Muller investigation even if they find out a lot of dirty laundry over Trump will still need the Senate to vote 2/3 majority to convict him. GOP absolutely control the Senate, and I find it highly unlikely that they will vote against Trump. They will start abusing the media and start discrediting the findings of the investigation. The people who went full Fox news will never believe the investigation, and that goes for the rest of the Republicans. Dark times are ahead the United States, and if we use your approach of dismissing and not taking the situation very seriously, we might as well have a several term president, and a full collapse of the US constitution.

I think he means Trump won't live much longer

100% this!

I have no confidence in the Democratic party's ability to speak to middle class/blue collar people, we are fucked.

My greatest fear is the party will learn nothing, the DNC will ram Hillary down our throats again, and Trump (or Pence) will be beat her by a larger margin leaving the oblivious people that control the Democratic establishment once again shocked and bewildered.

Lmao at thinking Clinton will run again

A good portion of America chose hate and stupidity and the EC backed them up so yeah, any candidate is going to have a rough time

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
100% this!

Okay, the despair at Trump definitely winning in 2020 on this page is a bit much, but the idea the DNC will get Clinton to run again is absurd.

100% this!

My greatest fear is the party will learn nothing, the DNC will ram Hilary down our throats again, and Trump (or Pence) will be beat her by a larger margin leaving the oblivious people that control the Democratic establishment once again shocked and bewildered.

The DNC latest approval polls have been abysmal. Their chances of winning the House in 2018 is sitting at 30%. The reality that we are stuck with Trump for the end of his term if not a likely second term.

Part of me knows he did it during the hurricane to dump the info... But at the same time, I can't shake the feeling he couldn't stand a hurricane could possibly upstage and take the conversation away from him.

And he would be damn selfish if that were the case. People's lives are on the line, so that's automatically messed up!

The DNC latest approval polls have been abysmal. Their chances of winning the House in 2018 is sitting at 30%. The reality that we are stuck with Trump for the end of his term if not a likely second term.

The DNC doesn't deal with congressional races, that's the DCCC's job.

The 30% chance also has very little with the 2018 Democrat party and everything to do with the 2010 Democrat party.

100% this!

If you're worried about that you'll be happy to know there's a primary election in the first half of 2020 where voters actually pick who will be the Democratic party's candidate for President. A lot of people don't seem to know this, and so they were surprised in 2016, but now you've got three and a half year's head's up!

That is not the DNC's job.

So this guy was only going to get 4 months max?

This is disgusting but sounds like such an idiotic thing to waste political capital on. The GOP are cowards since I know they are discussing how absurd this is but they won't do anything.

WillyFive

I've always said Ford's pardon of Nixon did more harm than good, myself.

Ford's pardon of Nixon is a massive turning point in US political history; but Andrew Johnson's handling of the Confederacy trumps it. That one is far more massive and consequential, the repercussions of which are so entrenched into daily life it will be impossible to rid of it for centuries.

PopeReal

So this guy was only going to get 4 months max?

This is disgusting but sounds like such an idiotic thing to waste political capital on. The GOP are cowards since I know they are discussing how absurd this is but they won't do anything.

Something like that. I heard 6 months.

Either way this is an intimidation move.

rjinaz

How though? He has historically low numbers. He's not going to fulfill any of his major campaign promises. He does something stupid weekly if not daily. People already seem to be having enough and we're not even a year in. How does he win? Is Clinton going to run again?

If people who hate him sit out the election AGAIN, then yes, this will probably happen.

If they actually show up at the voting stations, then at least there will be a fight, as Trump scream "FAKE RESULTS!" and then is forced to openly dismantle democracy.

"Then the Dems better pick an exciting candidate" is the retort shitheels will make...

100% this!

This is BS and it is perpetuated. The people that voted for Trump were mostly not struggling.

In the general election, like the primary, about two thirds of Trump supporters came from the better-off half of the economy.

What the DNC is not good at by comparison is the ability to spin and reject reality as some sort of partisan delusion.

Something like that. I heard 6 months.

Either way this is an intimidation move.

Do you know if this is intimidation towards minorities or Sessions?

I don't believe these neckbearded, relationship-less, nazis that follow marching orders and carry tiki torches will ever receive a pardon if charged on crimes. So at the heart of this it is a racist pos being a racist pos. But I don't see how it benefits the racist pos at all.

Okay, the despair at Trump definitely winning in 2020 on this page is a bit much, but the idea the DNC will get Clinton to run again is absurd.

Dude/Dudette, please do not underestimate the over-served elite, wealthy liberal, coastal class that run the Democratic party. Their isolation and detachment from reality is our greatest enemy/threat.

I maybe hysterically wrong, and I hope I am, but I am sure Hillary is getting the 2020 nomination. They tried to hand it to her in 2008, but Obama was too good, they handed her the nomination in 2016 with no legitimate threat. The Democratic elite are desperate to push her up the hill, as if no other women are capable of running for president.

There is a chance the party rank and file rebel and a solid option ends up overtaking her during the primary, I hope, but there is no doubt in my mind Hillary will start the 2020 nomination process with all super delegate votes in her back pocket.

Praise the Sun Goddess, I hope I'm wrong.

PopeReal

Do you know if this is intimidation towards minorities or Sessions?

I don't believe these neckbearded, relationship-less, nazis that follow marching orders and carry tiki torches will ever receive a pardon if charged on crimes. So at the heart of this it is a racist pos being a racist pos. But I don't see how it benefits the racist pos at all.

To me I think it is a warning towards both minorities and Trump's enemies.

Just my feeling on it.

Kettch

Trump was a terrible candidate in 2016, and he's going to be in a worse position in 2020.

Yeah, he can still win if the Democrats put up someone even more unpopular than Clinton, but hopefully that doesn't happen again.

rjinaz

Dude/Dudette, please do not underestimate the over-served elite, wealthy liberal, coastal class that run the Democratic party. Their isolation and detachment from reality is our greatest enemy/threat.

I maybe hysterically wrong, and I hope I am, but I am sure Hillary is getting the 2020 nomination. They tried to hand it to her in 2008, but Obama was too good, they handed her the nomination in 2016 with no legitimate threat. The Democratic elite are desperate to push her up the hill, as if no other women are capable of running for president.

There is a chance the party rank and file rebel and a solid option ends up overtaking her during the primary, I hope, but there is no doubt in my mind Hillary will start the 2020 nomination process with all super delegate votes in her back pocket.

Praise the Sun Goddess, I hope I'm wrong.

There is no way in hell Clinton runs again. It would completely destroy the party's validity. She couldn't beat Trump the first time, there is literally no point in trying again. Anybody that is not Hillary Clinton is going to be a blast of fresh air to the faces of Americans after 4 years of the stink of Trump.

You're letting your fear get the best of you. Hell I doubt any Hillary fans on GAF will tell you it's a good idea for her to run. That ship has sailed.

To me I think it is a warning towards both minorities and Trump's enemies.

Just my feeling on it.

Well I don't disagree that it might be his intention but I think in execution he is shooting directly down at his feet more than anything and making his supporters look like racists and racist-supporters. We are at the point where there are no reasonable spins or defenses. Just "MAGA liberal tears."

Lol I look forwarded to the misguided high school seniors that gets denied from his college of choice because he thought it was a good idea to write about the woes of being a Trump supporter when everyone calls your a racist.

Top Bottom