• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump pardons former AZ Sheriff Arpaio [convicted of violating civil rights laws]

How in the world does this not backfire on Trump completely? What a moran.

Edit: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...c3-11e7-a94f-3139abce39f5-20170825-story.html

Get out your bubble. Millions of Americans love Joe's mistreatment of prisoners. Love his views on immigrants and his racist hastling of them.

Tired of this meme of the reluctant Trump supporter. They adore this shit. They love his constant "Fuck you's" to the "lying liberal media".

His points went up with his base for this shit.

soldat7

Get out your bubble. Millions of Americans love Joe's mistreatment of prisoners. Love his views on immigrants and his racist hastling of them.

Tired of this meme of the reluctant Trump supporter. They adore this shit. They love his constant "Fuck you's" to the "lying liberal media".

Get out of my bubble? I’m not referring to his slavering base.

A swing around social media proves that. A lot of conservatives seemed to think of Joe as a patriotic hero shanghaied by a liberal judge for following the law. This will only boost Trumps numbers among the base.

Shoeless

In a world with a republican controlled government that supports his racism and won't do anything?

I think the Republicans are ramping up their time-table for eventually announcing that democracy is a Libtard conspiracy, and a true, freedom loving American knows that a white monarchy is just what the Greatest Country On Earth Needs For True Freedom.

I think the Republicans are ramping up their time-table for eventually announcing that democracy is a Libtard conspiracy, and a true, freedom loving American knows that a white monarchy is just what the Greatest Country On Earth Needs For True Freedom.

one closer step towards theocracy.

A swing around social media proves that. A lot of conservatives seemed to think of Joe as a patriotic hero shanghaied by a liberal judge for following the law. This will only boost Trumps numbers among the base.

Well it's a good thing Trump's base consists of no more than a measly 36% of the country then.

Pesmerga00

This Presidency is showing just how much it relied on the honor system.

"I didn't think they would pardon pieces of shit:

Monocle

That stupid letter says "admirable service" not once but twice. Not the most subtle euphemism for racist abuse.

Ponn

Banned
Approval ratings don't determine who takes office.

Yup. The hand wringing christian conservatives when asked will be "Oh I don't know, I don't approve of racism and I denounce the KKK but all I know is the hate has to stop" And then they go on their merry way to vote for the GOP and Trump again because they are getting what they want without having to admit to it. They get the luxury of a quick tut-tut with a wink and a smile and then back to business as usual.

cdyhybrid

Yes. Exactly. It did. In 2008. When Obama was elected. In an economic crisis.

There was no economic crisis in 2016.

wat

Obama saved the economy in 08 and 09 and the voters rewarded him by giving Congress to the GOP and voting in Trump.

People still thinking policy or political competence matter to GOP voters after everything that's happened in the last year is amazing.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How in the world does this not backfire on Trump completely? What a moran.

Edit: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...c3-11e7-a94f-3139abce39f5-20170825-story.html

His play is to constantly feed his racist base so they are enraptured with him. This makes him bulletproof against the GOP. They cant do anything because a significant enough portion of all of their constituents are racists and would turn on them if they oppose Trump. No one is willing to oppose fascism if it means they lose their job. He has them in a stranglehold.

So the only hope we really have is for enough representatives in the GOP congress to throw away their career for the greater good to stop Trump and save the country.

jtb

Banned
The problem is that this is red meat for his racist base, and... well, if you were on the fence about stopping Trump by now, this certainly won't move the needle.

wat

Obama saved the economy in 08 and 09 and the voters rewarded him by giving Congress to the GOP and voting in Trump.

People still thinking policy or political competence matter to GOP voters after everything that's happened in the last year is amazing.

No, what's amazing is people thinking that Trump's extremist base is the mindset of every single person who votes GOP and thinking they're the only ones that matter when it comes to political discussion.

Never mind taking into account literally every other factor like the years of political baggage the other candidate had, the BoBs, the email fiasco, independents and moderates moving away at the last minute, and everything else.

Shoeless

No one is willing to oppose fascism if it means they lose their job. He has them in a stranglehold.

So the only hope we really have is for enough representatives in the GOP congress to throw away their career for the greater good to stop Trump and save the country.

To be fair, I think most of them realize if they actively support fascism, they can keep their jobs forever if it actually sticks.

cdyhybrid

No, what's amazing is people thinking that Trump's extremist base is the mindset of every single person who votes GOP and thinking they're the only ones that matter when it comes to political discussion.

Never mind taking into account literally every other factor like the years of political baggage the other candidate had, the BoBs, the email fiasco, independents and moderates moving away at the last minute, and everything else.

They're not the only ones that matter (not sure where that came from to begin with), but it's certainly the mindset of every GOP voter.

They've been running on white supremacy for decades, Trump just decided to pull the curtain back.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Trump is probably the only person I feel real genuine hatred for - and I don't hate people. I don't think I've felt as much disgust towards another human being the way I do for Trump... on top of that, I hate that he makes me feel that way! I don't like hating people! But I can't help the way he makes me feel. Fuck Trump!

jtb

Banned

It's Trump's party now. The GOP is Trump's base.

They all had no qualms voting for white supremacy. So once you cross that bridge, everything else is just window dressing

Breads

Banned

They can disagree all they want but the same blood is on their hands.

Top Bottom