• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Says He'll Show Off The US Military In Parades

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecX

I live right by an air force base and I have never seen any military parade.

Maybe it's a California thing? Miramar marine base just did a show in September.

Yes, Armed Forces Day parades have been a thing for a long time, though not at every base and much smaller scale than what he is talking about. The one that I know runs every year to this day is Bremerton WA

Ok, maybe it depends on the base. I knew I wasn't crazy in my thinking these happened.

Dishwalla

Banned
As a veteran, I say this is moronic.

Fund the VA instead of this stupid shit.

Thanks.

Yeah this.

All you are going to achieve by having us march in front of the public is a bunch of pissed off service members. No one wants to march out in the hot sun in our uncomfortable uniforms, getting all sweaty and nasty(D.C. is pretty damned humid after all). Especially not if it's during our liberty time, which it more than likely would be.

How long do we ride the obvious military police state train until people realize it's going to happen?

I guess I've learned democracies will willingly let fascism creep in and only begin to care when it's entrenched. It's not really fascism until the secret police is stomping in my throat

rvRpHPw.png

NElvL6ZJn9C8os_1_b.jpg

Not sure which is darker...

honestly he could do nothing but "cheerlead" for the US for 4 years and implement nothing but backwards ass policy and he still would have a chance of reelection

Machismo and consciously and conspicuously connecting the leadership to the military to demonstrate strength are two things that define fascism - it will be interesting to see if others (such as cracking down on the media) will follow whilst Trump is in office.

Restricting information on the internet by killing net neutrality would be an early step down the road of bringing the media to heel.

Dierce

honestly he could do nothing but "cheerlead" for the US for 4 years and implement nothing but backwards ass policy and he still would have a chance of reelection

Of course he will, racist mother fuckers don't give a fuck about the world, the country or their very own livelihoods. Assholes who voted for orange turd can scream all they want but I will forever consider them racist dipshits.

alternade

Am I the only one who finds Hyper Patriotism really offputting? Ive felt this way long before Trump but it seems to be making a comeback in a big way soon.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
For those playing the home game, that's "Military Parades"

Mark off the square if your Bingo card has it.

Who am I kidding, someone would have already won Hitler Bingo

wildfire

Banned
The funny part is I don't doubt that he's entirely ignorant of the horrifying ramifications of doing this.

Horrifying? Elaborate.

If this was suggested by past presidents I wouldn't give this as much thought but considering what we know about Trump it shows even more how much he wants to be a dictator but having the military do parades in of itself isn't horrifying.

You really have to explain your concerns here.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
i will not bring Hitler, i will not bring Hitler, i will not bring Hitler, i will not bring Hitler, i will not bring Hitler

ugh

LordOfChaos

I'm not one to be on the "it'll probably not be so bad" on Trump in general, but everyone realizes of course, some very reasonable countries do have military parades as well, right? It's not WWII Germany, North Korea, Putin's Russia, and then the USA all of a sudden. India has them and doesn't invade shit. South Korea has them. Etc etc.

Dierce

But the moderates tell us to calm down. The wise middle men who see both sides.

The funny thing is that there is no such things as a moderate who chooses between Democrats and republicans. The only moderate political party is the Democratic party, republicans are right wing extremists so that would still make the supposed moderates right wingers.

jmood88

What do posts like this even mean?
A less-wordy way of mocking the fact that the guy we've been told repeatedly was elected to turn the economy around has spent his time dreaming up money-wasting things like this instead of addressing what he pledged to fix.

Metrotab

Banned
I wasn't aware there was this strong of a dislike for military parades.

I don't really care about it either way, but it might look very cool.

I'm not one to be on the "it'll probably not be so bad" on Trump in general, but everyone realizes of course, some very reasonable countries do have military parades as well, right? It's not WWII Germany, North Korea, Putin's Russia, and then the USA all of a sudden. India has them and doesn't invade shit. South Korea has them. Etc etc.

South Korea has mandatory conscription rather than a professional army, and does parades primarily as a show of strength to intimidate their neighbor.

The equivalent for us would be re-instituting the draft and having parades in Poland.

Watching his interviews from the 80's & 90's, Trump seemed pretty normal and rational? Like how can a person just get like this? When was his transformation to who he is today? He's a completely different person when he was interviewed by Opra in the 80's

It's the context. This is just alarm bell #345 for the fascism alarm. This shit is very easy follow in a pattern.

Wilsongt

I wasn't aware there was this strong of a dislike for military parades.

I don't really care about it either way, but it might look very cool.

There are enough military circle jerks all around the country, ranging from modern all the way back to the civil war. We don't need a national parade to wave his tiny dick around.

Hell, just do something useful for veterns on Memorial and Veteren's Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom