• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump will live tweet during Comey testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Comey stated the DoJ/AG were not obstructing. He didn't reference the White House. But as I said earlier they definitely will try to nail him on this.

Well, that and trying to influence things, to me anyway, might not be actual obstruction. Firing Comey was the obstruction. Before that he wasn't actually obstructing Comey. He was attempting to, though.

Sephzilla

X-post.

s8yfUEt.png

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/872104030457221120

Some coordination is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOy6hqzfsAs

robert-mueller.jpg

gaugebozo

This is such a bad idea I can't believe it. He's going to say a bunch of stupid, incriminating things and give further evidence for obstruction. What a fucking moron.

I think, aside from anything new, the biggest things that can come from this are Comey denying that he ever gave the president assurance (3x even) that he wasn't under investigation, or confirming that Trump told him to drop the Russia thing (which Trump has already admitted on Twitter).

I can only imagine the word vomit that will come up if he calls the president a liar.

Rubio and Cotton will be there to press him about leaks. They'll try to get him on record to a) say he doesn't know the source of any leaks and b) that he's never leaked anything to the press. Of course, he might just plead the fifth or say say it's part of the ongoing investigation, and the circle of stupid will continue as they pressure him on questions he won't answer.

pixelation

I'm gonna fake a sickness this Thursday and supply myself with ample amounts of popcorn... and coke... must not forget the coke.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I don't follow Trump on Twitter, and I don't plan to, but I really hope the @NarratedPOTUS account is on their game that day. I'll be at work.

Trump's lawyers are either yes-men who are just collecting as much money as they can from the doofus while he continues to bury himself, or Trump just refuses to listen to advice from anyone.

Literally the personification of privilege and entitlement. If the relevant people were truly adults this manchild would have been booted out of office months ago.

cakely

Nothing will come out of this but spin from Comey. He already testified there was no obstructuction.

This is reality tv, and Trump wants to stay in the lead role. Should be entertaining.

This literally never happened. You might want to edit.

jelly

I wonder if they will get text messages from Trump in real time to ask something to Comey. Look out for them looking at their phones.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
WASHINGTON (AP) — A nonprofit issues group is labeling James Comey a political “showboat” in a television ad set to air Thursday, the day the former FBI director testifies on Capitol Hill.

Comey “put politics over protecting America,” a narrator says in the 30-second spot, titled “Showboat,” which was shared with The Associated Press. It accuses him of being “consumed with election meddling” even as “terror attacks were on the rise.”

Great America Alliance has paid for the ad, which is slated to run digitally Wednesday and appear the next day on CNN and Fox News. The group, formed after President Donald Trump’s election to advocate for his administration, is not required to disclose its donors.

The message of the ad reflects a strategy by Trump and his advocates to erode Comey’s credibility.

https://apnews.com/97d2df602a664ae3a2b65b874a640baf

RPGCrazied

WASHINGTON (AP) — A nonprofit issues group is labeling James Comey a political “showboat” in a television ad set to air Thursday, the day the former FBI director testifies on Capitol Hill.

Comey “put politics over protecting America,” a narrator says in the 30-second spot, titled “Showboat,” which was shared with The Associated Press. It accuses him of being “consumed with election meddling” even as “terror attacks were on the rise.”

Great America Alliance has paid for the ad, which is slated to run digitally Wednesday and appear the next day on CNN and Fox News. The group, formed after President Donald Trump’s election to advocate for his administration, is not required to disclose its donors.

The message of the ad reflects a strategy by Trump and his advocates to erode Comey’s credibility.

Nobody should show this. Of course CNN will. They think politics is sports. And Fox News is a lost cause.

Wow, attack ads for someone not even running for election

If there are people already spending millions of dollars to help this blow over, we're getting something juicy on Thursday.

Think Seth Rich-level distraction.

Eusis

shhhhh no one tell him this is a bad idea

actually everyone tell him its a bad idea so he will do it!
Reverse psychology won't work either. Praise him for it and he'd just feel happy and more affirmed he's right. He's going to do this short of being physically restrained.

RPGCrazied

If there are people already spending millions of dollars to help this blow over, we're getting something juicy on Thursday.

Think Seth Rich-level distraction.

He is already wining and dining Cotton and Rubio. Like that is going to stop the Democrats from getting the answers.

Alucrid

Banned

ofYd1AB.png

Karkador

Banned

This level of defensiveness definitely sounds like innocence and good will all-around.

jelly

That's all Trump knows and was taught by his father and shady mafia lawyer, attack the people going after you times a million until they get crushed. Not sure it's going to work out for Donnie.

shiba5

Just counter with the video of Trump blowing Comey a kiss and trying to hug him.

GuyKazama

ABC News‏Verified account @ABC 31m31 minutes ago

Exclusive: Former FBI Dir. Comey to stop short of saying Pres. Trump obstructed justice in Flynn probe, source says.

This literally never happened. You might want to edit.

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom