• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump will live tweet during Comey testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambis

Banned
Comey stated the DoJ/AG were not obstructing. He didn't reference the White House. But as I said earlier they definitely will try to nail him on this.

Yeah and lets not forget the leaks from NYT/WaPo that suggest Comey now believes Trump tried to influence him.

Is there a danger here that Trump actually does have a recording of their conversations and Comey is just going off notes and memory? Worst thing that could happen here is Trump proving Comey is lying.

"Comey is a liar according to these totally real but secret tapes I keep while I talk to people" probably isn't a good thing for Trump to admit.

Is there a danger here that Trump actually does have a recording of their conversations and Comey is just going off notes and memory? Worst thing that could happen here is Trump proving Comey is lying.

Trump secretly taping conversations would be a much bigger story than a minor inconsistency in Comey's memory

HvySky

"Comey is a liar according to these totally real but secret tapes I keep while I talk to people" probably isn't a good thing for Trump to admit.

"They're tremendous tapes, too. Really, just excellent quality. It's HD, is what I've heard. You won't believe how good these tapes are. Better than anyone else's tapes. Believe me."

"They're tremendous tapes, too. Really, just excellent quality. It's HD, is what I've heard. You won't believe how good these tapes are. Better than anyone else's tapes. Believe me."

I won't believe anything coming from these secret audio tapes unless they're that crisp 4K audio quality.

Carn82

Good, let him ragetweet, we can only win from that. Chance that he will say things he isn't supposed to is pretty much 100%.

Shadybiz

Would be pretty fitting if Comey's testimony turns out to be nothing, yet Trump does something this foolish and turns it into something that's big.

I would be very surprised if Trump doesn't tweet something stupid that makes him look even worse during this. VERY Surprised.

Tovarisc

I hope this doesn't end up being another nothingburger.

"Nothing will come out of this, ever" crowd is getting tiring and I'm cynical as fuck about most things. I imagine getting that single piece of evidence in single e.g. testimony that makes whole case like this must be rare as hell, but these things add up into bigger case.

Zubz

Banned
I can't wait to see how this idiot incriminates himself against a former FBI Director who is openly sharing evidence of his corruption because he thinks live Tweets will discredit that or something!

I needed this after the Pokèmon Direct.

riotous

Banned
His team can't control him so now are preemptively spinning his tweet nonsense acting like it's some grand plan.

Geist-

So, this is a thing that will happen in our reality. Huh.
2mbe2Z8.gif

Can someone translate for someone that doesn't speak jabroney?

Hogan was filming a live "shoot", aka a staged scene where he basically acts like a asshole at ringside. But then some wacko lady in the seats outside the ring decided to mouth off and even take a couple swings at Hogan, which was not scripted.

Instead of just ignoring her, Hogan doubled-down on the shoot and provoked her to take more swings at him, dodging all her lunges, and laughing in her face the whole time. Which just reinforced his bad-boy image and played right into his hands.

In this case, Trump would be the crazy wacko woman being made into a fool, by Tweeting during the hearing, and being egged-on to keep acting like a total fucking moron and possibly even self-incriminating himself in the process.

So, basically, Trump is a mark, who's working himself into a shoot.

blackflag

Can't wait to see what happens. Unfortunately I'll be on a cross country flight while this is on so won't be able to watch live.

johnsmith

remember me
Have we got a hype train anywhere? Can I be on it please.

This is going to to be better then a next gen reveal

If you were in DC you could head to a watch party at a bar

Shaw's Tavern is hosting a watch party for former FBI Director James Comey's testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday.

On Facebook, the bar, located at 520 Florida Avenue NW, is billing the event, as "The Comey Hearing Covfefe," a mocking reference to President Trump's nonsensical tweet last week in which he appeared to make a typo. The event begins at 9:30 a.m., ahead of Comey's scheduled testimony.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/d...ty-for-james-comeys-testimony/article/2624994

Zolo

Is there any situation where Trump would need to give his own testimony under oath for contradicting Comey's testimony.

Some years from now, there will be a textbook with one (or several) of Trumps tweets printed out as an example of the kind of idiot he was.

I am greatly amused by that.

I hope this doesn't end up being another nothingburger.

Please list all of the "nothingburgers." Each step in this process has been an accumulation of evidence that builds a case toward obstruction of justice and gross incompetence. You are asserting that because each piece in isolation is not a "smoking gun," that none of them mean anything, which is either defeatism or intentional dismissiveness.

Rootbeer

Banned
"Nothing will come out of this, ever" crowd is getting tiring and I'm cynical as fuck about most things. I imagine getting that single piece of evidence in single e.g. testimony that makes whole case like this must be rare as hell, but these things add up into bigger case.
That's not what's tiring about this. But have your opinion. We need something that can put a blow to the chink the armor. It's yet to materialize, and I desperately want it to happen.

Sephzilla

Is there any situation where Trump would need to give his own testimony under oath for contradicting Comey's testimony.

I imagine that if Comey publicly says that Trump tried to influence him and try to get Comey to shut down the FBI investigation (aka: publicly accuse him of obstruction of justice), we might see an attempt to get Trump to testify under oath. Realistically though I don't think Trump would actually go under oath.

Alternatively, Mueller has the power to do that.

UCBooties

As if he could stop himself...

Notice that the rest of his administration isn't even trying to grab the wheel at this point. They haven't been at it for half a year yet and already the will to fight is gone.

KingV

That's not what's tiring about this. But have your opinion. We need something that can put a blow to the chink the armor. It's yet to materialize, and I desperately want it to happen.

Based on what? Are you aware that more Americans want him impeached than approve of his job as President?

To say ther a no chinks in the armor is not really true.

Nafai1123

Banned
Can't wait for someone to ask Comey about a tweet in realtime.

"Mr. Comey, President Trump just tweeted that you are, and I quote, 'a lying cuck with small hands and no stamina.' How would you respond to that?"

RPGCrazied

Dafna Linzer‏Verified account
@DafnaLinzer

Trump is hosting @marcorubio @TomCottonAR for dinner tonight - two members of senate intel who will question Comey in 2 days

Lmao, wonder why? What a shitshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom