• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump will live tweet during Comey testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
X-post.

s8yfUEt.png

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/872104030457221120

Some coordination is done.
That's a bold strategy... cotton & rubio

Also I anticipate a live trump tweet being read back to Comey within minutes and Comey being asked if it's true.

"Trump just tweeted that you are lying when you said he asked you to let the Flynn thing go, is that true? A reminder that you are under oath, and the presidents tweets are not..."

KingV

Actually there is debate about if this applies to his private Twitter account that he is using. He and his staff actually has deleted tweets permanently [covfefe one] or deleted to be reposted with slightly different wording.

Twitter probably never truly deletes any old tweets much like Facebook and Snapchat don't.

Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if they have one of those fancy NSA letters that they can't make public or challenge in court that say "fuck you give us everything".

I would love to see Republicans get fucked up on some patriot act shit.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Is there a danger here that Trump actually does have a recording of their conversations and Comey is just going off notes and memory? Worst thing that could happen here is Trump proving Comey is lying.

Shoeless

It's probably a safe assumption that there will be a fleet of lawyers trying to monitor his tweets. It's probably also a safe assumption that at some point, someone, possibly Jared or Ivanka will be urged by other members of the cabinet to simply take the phone away from Trump.

All of these contingencies will fail.

See this is why these testimonies are worthless. One, they are led by republicans and two, they are not to try to get to the bottom of anything except create a circuss around Comey to make him look bad. Why he agreed to testify in front of these morons is beyond me the real investigations are those by the FBI and CIA he should be sitting with them explaining himself and no play into the Republicans misinformation game.

Is there a danger here that Trump actually does have a recording of their conversations and Comey is just going off notes and memory? Worst thing that could happen here is Trump proving Comey is lying.

If Trump could prove Comey lying that tape would have been out weeks ago.

johnsmith

remember me
See this is why these testimonies are worthless. One, they are led by republicans and two, they are not to try to get to the bottom of anything except create a circuss around Comey to make him look bad. Why he agreed to testify in front of these morons is beyond me the real investigations are those by the FBI and CIA he should be sitting with them explaining himself and no play into the Republicans misinformation game.

Sessions perjuring himself during his hearing is what led to the appointment of Mueller. These things can matter.

Airola

The testimony should be moved to happen at 3.30-4.40 AM so that Easy D's tweets would reach their full potential.

rambis

Banned

There's Democrats that will also ask questions. It really doesn't matter who is leading. Just relax.

Shoeless

There's Democrats that will also ask questions. It really doesn't matter who is leading. Just relax.

The other possibility is that if the Democrats start asking questions the Republicans don't want to hear, the focus can be taken entirely off Comey and redirected at Obama, Clinton and butterymails. The Republican weakness is that they can't seem to stay on focus if there's an excuse to attack the previous administration, so just keep the heat off Comey by bringing up diversionary tactics any reasonable human being would spot a mile away, but a fight hungry Republican will fall for every single time.

The well is so thoroughly poisoned by this administration. I can't even imagine how long it will take to recover from this administration.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
He said the DOJ never obstructed him. Not the president. Goddamn it why are you Trump supporters so adverse to basic facts? It's so goddamned dangerous.

I mean - if you're a Trump true believer, basic facts are not something you can actually believe in.

Nothing will come out of this but spin from Comey. He already testified there was no obstructuction.

This is reality tv, and Trump wants to stay in the lead role. Should be entertaining.

Comey stated the DoJ/AG were not obstructing. He didn't reference the White House. But as I said earlier they definitely will try to nail him on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom