• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truth & Trolls |OT| The Brothers Were Right

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Don't you guys think this is the wrong thing about this whole ordeal to get worked up about? Even with all the money, a 9 year old is still going to make an uninformed game no matter how much you toss at the project.

I'm not sure I understand your post. Mine was meant as criticism directed at Kenzie's mother, because it seems like encouraging and supporting her daughter in this kind of endeavor (exploring a hobby, learning a few skills and personal lessons along the way) should be the basic responsibility of any parent, and not something to be crowdsourced.

And the obvious criticism towards KS is why is this any different than other "Fund My Life" projects that are against policy?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I am not that into RPG-maker, but are you even allowed to sell a Game that was just made with the standard-tiles/characters?

Answer on this one is yes, you're allowed to sell games you make with RPG Maker, and RPG Maker gives you full rights to use default tiles in sellable products (or the tiles in the official add-ons to RPG Maker).

Lol, Susan seems to have a new crush... meanwhile the game's still in beta I presume?

FundHer ‏@FundHer 31 Oct
@CoryBooker We met briefly at a @CMIAward event in NJ 3 yrs ago & I actually wished I lived in Newark just so you'd be my mayor. STAY YOU!

FundHer ‏@FundHer 22 Oct
There's something special about the joy and energy that @CoryBooker gives off. I'm from MD but he really does make me consider moving to NJ.

Susan's next move will be a hip-hop RPG.

Most likely!

Also it will be written in Ruby.

FundHer ‏@FundHer 5h

I just @Kickstarted Learn Ruby on Rails http://kck.st/16ZAniX bc Perk=FREE copy for another to learn! @GirlsWhoCode @railsgirls @GamerCEO

and it will be called... Truth and AT&T.

FundHer ‏@FundHer 28 October

WWYD? @ATT provides KNOWN bad service (see chat screenshot) & wants me to pay $199 for microcel like my 10 neighbors. pic.twitter.com/Q46AE2XVVu

MBison

Yikes been 2 weeks and no one posted? Stupid real games taking the spotlight!

So what's the latest on this travesty? Anyone know?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
What are you talking about? I've been playing this game non-stop! I cancelled my preorder and gave Susan the $799 (plus tax) she deserves!

Koozies 4 life!

Anyone want to start a scamstarter with me?
We could say our dogs want to learn to play games to show all the cat haters what's up.

I heard Susan is going to do another kickstarter to port Truth & Trolls to PS4 and XBox One.

If that were true, wouldn't Susan be harassing @yosp and @MarkCernyPS4 by now?

Also the outstanding art design of Truth & Trolls would not be done justice at just 720p. This game shines in true HD only.

If that were true, wouldn't Susan we harassing @yosp and @MarkCernyPS4 by now?

Also the outstanding art design of Truth & Trolls would not be done justice at just 720p. This game shines in true HD only.
Na brah, you need. A 4k monitor to truly enjoy the high quality stuff from default assets!

inm8num2

The Truth and Trolls website was updated a couple months ago. I don't know if some of the pages were up last time we posted about it and I'm too lazy to check.

Needless to say, the "My Story" page ghostwritten by Susan made me laugh pretty hard.

I just wanted to point out this sentence:

I hung out with some amazing entrepreneurs INCLUDING my own mom (LOL).

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
LOL. I GET IT. HER OWN MOTHER...SHE WOULD EVEN HANG OUT WITH HER OWN MOTHER EVEN THOUGH SHE'S A COOL KID LOL! KOOZIE KOOZIE KOOZIE

What have I become?

The Truth and Trolls website was updated a couple months ago. I don't know if some of the pages were up last time we posted about it and I'm too lazy to check.

Needless to say, the "My Story" page ghostwritten by Susan made me laugh pretty hard.

I just wanted to point out this sentence:

I think those pages were up already; I remember discussing this beauty:

Half of the Kickstarter money went to fulfilling & shipping rewards but the rest I got to use to spend on other kids and even a few grown ups - to buy them technology and equipment so they could learn along with me and help me make my game.

Susan just has this amazing ability of crawling into a 9 year old... sorry... 10 year old girl's mind, to the point where it's a bit creepy. People just can't tell if it's actually a young girl writing all that. She should seriously consider a career as a ghostwriter for child prodigy's biographies. I'd love to read Susan's take on the youths of Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan...

So some backers seem to want more than a beta...

Roland Austinat 4 days ago
Not sure if a grue ate my beta invite, but I'm curious about the status of the project, two months after the start of the beta. ;)

Will 5 days ago
I'm good with it.
Looks like there might be another round of beta tests before it finishes up.

Michael Pedersen 6 days ago
Considering how much I backed for, and seeing the end(?) result, I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I do have to ask if this is considered done. Last I saw, only a beta had been released. Is it done?

inm8num2

Susan has a problem with a company not providing what it guarantees. Hmm...

7pCg0vd.png

Her twitter page is hilarious. It's mostly referral spam to things like Starbucks rewards. Not only is she a multimillionaire, she's a cheapass (we already knew that).

Another interesting conversation. I guess she went to a TED conference to spread the gospel of entrepreneurism.

(Yes, I'm bored right now)

[Her twitter page is hilarious. It's mostly referral spam to things like Starbucks rewards. Not only is she a multimillionaire, she's a cheapass (we already knew that).

Another interesting conversation. I guess she went to a TED conference to spread the gospel of entrepreneurism.

(Yes, I'm bored right now)

There was a Susan Wilson speaking at a TED event in Phoenix, AZ, in November...

Susan Wilson
Cultivating Innovation: Transofrmative Education That Grows Critical Thinkers, Creative Problem Solvers, and Compassionate Citizens

But it's not our beloved Susan. Maybe she got mixed up, and plays along, because she loves being in the limelight again?

I guess this is kind of a TED talk featuring Susan too? :)

:)

Jeff Sulz 1 day ago
any update lately?

The Doctor on December 4
Pretty long beta phase by now...

Susan is so busy tweeting celebrities and CEOs that she has no time left to respond to her loyal backers.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I think one of her sons has taken over her Twitter account:
n1JLpXK.png

Don't be silly. That's just Chapter 2 of T&T, which I think is a bold, modern approach to gaming. Props to Susan! Chillin' in my Koozie XOXOXOXO

noquarter

So, am I right in not seeing a game yet? I saw that she has a beta for this and is planning on doing episodes? What the hell is going on?

Also really like the quote from Kenzie about helping teach adults about technology by buying them some. People really don't care about thier money I guess.

So, am I right in not seeing a game yet? I saw that she has a beta for this and is planning on doing episodes? What the hell is going on?

Also really like the quote from Kenzie about helping teach adults about technology by buying them some. People really don't care about thier money I guess.

Look, friend, do the math...

To produce a beta took them from April 20th 2013 to Octobre 1st or so. So roughly 5 months. (Note how this was a game that Kenzie was going to produce during a 1-week RPG camp.)

So if she continues to "work" on that game at that pace on average, you can maybe expect the first episode by early March 2014.

Probably March 11, when Titanfall releases. This could hurt the XBOne.

But will it get a PS4 BUNDURU?

That depends on how many koozies Susan has left lying around in her basement. If their number is sufficient, we might get an autographed (by Kenzie) PS4 bundled with a "Keep Up!" T-shirt and koozie.

Since they want to keep the game DRM free, you'll still have to buy it from the T&T store though. But it's only $49.99, and proceedings go to girls in STEM. Well, half of the proceedings, because the other half goes to the stretch goal fulfillment, like the koozie and the T-shirt that came with your PS4.

inm8num2

What an asshole, harassing an entrepreneur like Susan in such a manner.

He got his unfinished beta - what else does he expect??

So the petty little misogynistic/child-hating/*insert controversial topic*-Trolls were right all along ?

Who would have thought ?

I hope the fools who fell for this scam learned their lesson.
Who am I kidding ?

And thanks to foobarry and imm8num2 for not letting this topic slide . I was a silent observer since April (just joined recently) and must applaud you for your persistency !

Edit: Her twitter is a gold mine.

"Put coins 4 luck in a purse I got my Mom. Found a SHINY 1946 JEFFERSON NICKEL in MY wallet WORTH $7! Got ur own story wrapping story? Share! "

*crickets*

Yeah... that Twitter account.

Susan throwing her sons under the bus... again!

Jo Ellery ‏@elleryface 20 december
Mother of 3 teenage boys posts Amazon review of Kleenex. A.k.a. the best thing you will read today. pic.twitter.com/gsQl49gNrQ

FundHer ‏@FundHer 20 december
I have 2 teen sons & am ROTFLMAO & totally relating! Much needed bc I just fell & hit my head. Thx @elleryface! Must read 4 moms w/sons! :D

inm8num2

I don't know him, but I already love that guy. Hope he didn't put too much dough into this debacle.

His other comments are equally hilarious and insightful.

I think the biggest problem with this kickstarter and actually a scary problem with kickstarter in general is that there is no accountability or need got authenticity. Ask yourself these questions: 1) how do we actually know Kenzie is into video games and wants to make her own video game? 2) how do we know Kenzie had anything to do with composing that kickstarter write up or the video? 3) how do we know Kenzie's favorite video game is Dragon Age 2? A game I might add that is rated M for Mature for blood, gore, violence, and sexual content. All of which Kenzie says she opposes in games. Why didnt the video feature Kenzie talking about her dream of making a role playing game? Why after all the firestorm isn't Kenzie doing a Q and A about her love for video games and desire to go to RPG camp? That would kill the firestorm immediately if these were proven to be true. The only truths here are the ones uncovered by people investigating Susan and her various violations of kickstarter's terms of service. Kenzie could be a figment of Susan's imagination for all you know. Or if she is real, all the heartfelt desires of this 9 year old could be a complete fabrication so Susan can collect your donations. A lot of defenders here point to how important this is for Kenzie's sake without even realizing it acknowledging that you are saying these things without a single shred of evidence that it is even real. There is no one thread of proof.

Mar 25, 2013 on 9 Year Old Builds Her First RPG... TRUTH & TROLLS!.

I'm confused. Is the RPG Maker camp that was the original purpose for this kickstarter still happening? Or has the MIT week that was donated by MIT taken its place? If that has taken the place of the original camp, shouldn't this kickstarter be shut down? Wouldn't funding the travel costs to the free MIT camp be part of the "fund my life" section of the kickstarter guidelines? Same with the $2500 laptop? That's like starting a kickstarter saying you just need money to travel somewhere. Seems like the money should be going to the creation of a game not a donated camp that has nothing to do with the kickstarter.

Apr 8, 2013 on 9 Year Old Builds Her First RPG... TRUTH & TROLLS!.

I'll sum up an update for you: Thanks for the $20k everyone! Hawaii was beautiful this summer.

Jun 10, 2013 on 9 Year Old Builds Her First RPG... TRUTH & TROLLS!.

An old, but very insightful interview with Susan: http://leadersportfolio.com/archives/1872

The part between 3:00 and 4:00 in particular.

I bet the Kickstarter backers are that type of people she doesn't like. :)

At around 8:30 she literally says she's a horrible manager. :) Yeah, we sorta noticed that, Susan. She also mentions that for every business she gets into, she comes up with an exit strategy right off the bat. I guess the "You know, Kenzie's only 9 (or 10)" meme is that exit here?

inm8num2

You can really hear the entrepreneurial vigor in her voice.

And for anybody who forgot:

Prior to The Judgment Group, Susan was a founding member and the Executive Vice President of a technology startup that raised $12 Million in venture capital, became kinkos.com, and was sold in 2000 to the copy giant Kinko’s for $100 Million.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I've been following this thread for some time now, prior to being on GAF, and I've been enjoying the roller coaster ride with this... project.

I wonder when 'Episode 2' will be out? Next year? Well, at least those backers are 'happy' they they sent a girl to RPG Cam- er, made a game with freebies and help from people of the male gender at MIT!

Top Bottom