• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished VERONICA MARS.

It never quite reached the AMAZING highs of the first season in the latter 2, but I still really, really enjoyed the whole series. The last couple of eps in season 3 really went all out. Loved it.

I honestly have no idea what my next series will be. Taking care of a tons of movies first, then I'll decide some time in January.

Jay Sosa

Watched SE 3 of Breaking Bad, easily my favorite season so far, loved the pacing and the end.

And because TV GAF likes to rank things: 3>1>>>>>>2
hated his wife, Jesses GF and lots of boring episodes

I'm
really interested in where they go from here, I can honestly only see them shooting one more season, I hope they don't unnecessarily prolong the show just because of the ratings(which are good I hope)

bud

Decado said:
I think I'm going to drop Lost. Started to watch the first episode of S5...and just can't bring myself to care. I have better things to see.

there are a couple of good episodes in season 5, iirc, but, really, it's not worth it anymore after season 4.

Lard

Banned
The Batman

I went in with zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised overall.

It got better as the series progressed.

Jay Sosa

So I wanted to continue watching Firefly but I can't find the season 2 disc anywhere, I probably put it in some CD case..only problem is I have a bout 600 cd :(

big ander

Jay Sosa said:
So I wanted to continue watching Firefly but I can't find the season 2 disc anywhere, I probably put it in some CD case..only problem is I have a bout 600 cd :(
Sit down. I have bad news from the distant time of 2003.

Cornballer said:
Heh the TV tweets are great.
The only resolution I don't fully agree with is the narration. Narration can be super effective when done right. When it's not, it's just an annoyance. See Running Wilde.

Jay Sosa

big ander said:
Sit down. I have bad news from the distant time of 2003.

Heh the TV tweets are great.
The only resolution I don't fully agree with is the narration. Narration can be super effective when done right. When it's not, it's just an annoyance. See Running Wilde.

Well that depends, at least I can stop looking for it :lol

But seriously where did I put that fucking disc..

Well guess it's time for Plan B and finally watch Cowboy Bebop.

big ander

Jay Sosa said:
Well that depends, at least I can stop looking for it :lol

But seriously where did I put that fucking disc..

Well guess it's time for Plan B and finally watch Cowboy Bebop.
Wait, so are you looking for disc 2 of season 1?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
None recently, but I saw a trailer for Episodes with Matt LeBlanc in the iPad magazine Project, and queued it up for recording.

Could be shit, we'll see.

Just finished watching Boston Legal, seasons 2-5 ( girlfriend insisted we skip season 1 as she thought it was rubbish). A great show with some really fun stories and characters. It did get overly preachy and too topical as time went on but i still liked it.

The refreshing of the cast was a bit odd at times especially when characters disappeared without any explanation.

Starting season 1 of Lie to me now, seems pretty cool.

Solo

anaron said:

....? And exactly what I said. I didn't make a judgment one way or the other (nor could I, since I have seen any of it), just guessing (correctly) the response he was going to get after seeing many others call the show garbage a couple of eps in earlier in this thread. Every time I see the show mentioned, its someone starting out and calling it awful, followed by a chorus of people telling him to stick with it.

anaron

Solo said:
....? And exactly what I said. I didn't make a judgment one way or the other (nor could I, since I have seen any of it), just guessing (correctly) the response he was going to get after seeing many others call the show garbage a couple of eps in earlier in this thread. Every time I see the show mentioned, its someone starting out and calling it awful, followed by a chorus of people telling him to stick with it.
Carry on then.

:p

DieH@rd

Banned
Blader5489 said:
Watched the first episode of Spartacus: Blood and Sand. What an awful piece of shit.

That show gets better with each passing episode. If you stick by the end, you will witness one of the best season wide arcs and finales since... forever. Cant fucking wait for prequel and s2.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
DieH@rd said:
That show gets better with each passing episode. If you stick by the end, you will witness one of the best season wide arcs and finales since... forever. Cant fucking wait for prequel and s2.

It didn't get any better through the next 2 episodes. That is when I gave up on it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I doubt it. No show can go from being so offensively bad to great so quickly. It wasn't a slow start it was downright putrid.

Brian Fellows said:
I doubt it. No show can go from being so offensively bad to great so quickly. It wasn't a slow start it was downright putrid.

Spoken like someone who hasn't seen Spartacus. All the people that say the same thing aren't lying, y'know. No one is trying to fool you. It does legitimately get much, MUCH better.

TripOpt55

I just finished up Damages Season 2. Pretty good though I liked the first season better I suppose. It seems the DVD isn't even out for Season 3. Anyone know what that's about?

I think I'm going to watch Chuck Season 3 next.

Brian Fellows said:
Perfectly understandable. I stopped after the first 2 episodes. Both of which i initially hated, but have come around to. It develops in quality gradually, constantly building on story threads and letting the tension simmer until it finally explodes in buckets of blood and AWESOME. I came to find some of its trashier tendencies endearing not long into it. It's certainly not a show for everyone, but i highly recommend giving it another chance. Once the characters start showing more dimension, i couldn't stop watching (Batiatus and Illythia make the show for me). It's one of the best seasons of completely serialized television i've watched.

I'll also throw in a recommendation for people reading this thread to check out Nikita if you are at all a fan of spy/action shows. It has become genuinely thrilling and well written and has some well-staged action and fight scenes. George Mason also makes for an awesome Big Bad. Ignore the network it is airing on - this NOT a CW show.

The latest episode was spectacular. Nikita
escaping, taking on the division recruits and shooting at the bulletproof glass in front of Percy.
Goosebumps, man!!

6 episodes into Twin Peaks, and man what a bizarre experience. Everything is just a bit "off" enough that it's strange. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, and partly because I have no idea where it's going.

I do feel the urge for some doughnuts and coffee now though.

Blablurn

started season 3 of arrested developement today. looking forward to it. my friend told me its going to be crazy because they knew that they got cancelled :lol

Ashhong

Blader5489 said:
Watched the first episode of Spartacus: Blood and Sand. What an awful piece of shit.

You and the dude with the dog avatar that I'm too lazy to look at the name of:

WATCH THE REST. IT GETS BETTER GOD DAMMIT.

Spotless Mind said:
I'll also throw in a recommendation for people reading this thread to check out Nikita if you are at all a fan of spy/action shows. It has become genuinely thrilling and well written and has some well-staged action and fight scenes. George Mason also makes for an awesome Big Bad. Ignore the network it is airing on - this NOT a CW show.

The latest episode was spectacular. Nikita
escaping, taking on the division recruits and shooting at the bulletproof glass in front of Percy.
Goosebumps, man!!

I watched like the first 6-7 and lost interest. I didn't hate it but I watch almost every show on network TV and didn't find the time for Nikita. Did it get better around 6-7 or is it the same quality that I have already seen?

Ashhong said:
I watched like the first 6-7 and lost interest. I didn't hate it but I watch almost every show on network TV and didn't find the time for Nikita. Did it get better around 6-7 or is it the same quality that I have already seen?
I wouldn't say there's a radical change in quality, though i will say 8 and 11 are my favourites and the show does start taking a few more risks.

Finished watching The Good Wife season 1, and just finished the first episode of season 2. I'm liking it way more than I ever thought I would. Fantastic characters, strong case of the weeks and solid serialized arcs.

The female cahracters are the standouts, Kalinda in particular. They've unravelled her character superbly. And I'm loving the introduction of Scott Porter as a rival investigator. STREEEEET!

TripOpt55 said:
I just finished up Damages Season 2. Pretty good though I liked the first season better I suppose. It seems the DVD isn't even out for Season 3. Anyone know what that's about?
My guess is that they're waiting until this Summer for S4 to start on DirecTV before they release it.

Spartacus
Seriously though. It goes from terrible, to terrible, to good, to "holy shit, this is actually getting great", to "Wow."

I've just started watching Nero Wolfe. Ignored it forever since it was on A&E in the states. My mistake - it's actually very entertaining, if you're into that sort of thing. The dialog is great.

TripOpt55

Cornballer said:
My guess is that they're waiting until this Summer for S4 to start on DirecTV before they release it.
Ahhh... okay. I thought the new Season would begin sooner for some reason. Oh well, I guess I'll be waiting then.

besiktas1

Net_Wrecker said:
6 episodes into Twin Peaks, and man what a bizarre experience. Everything is just a bit "off" enough that it's strange. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, and partly because I have no idea where it's going.

I do feel the urge for some doughnuts and coffee now though.

Oh it only gets better. Enjoy it my friend. Also, I always got the urge to drink a black coffee after an episode :lol

M.Bluth

Any Dr. Who fans here?
I've never seen a single episode and I'm thinking about watching the show.
But I don't know if it's worth it watching from Christopher Eccleston's episodes or just start with the latest series with Matt Smith.

Blader

M.Bluth said:
Any Dr. Who fans here?
I've never seen a single episode and I'm thinking about watching the show.
But I don't know if it's worth it watching from Christopher Eccleston's episodes or just start with the latest series with Matt Smith.

Watching "Blink" from series 3, and "Silence of the Library"/"Forest of the Dead" from series 4.

Then go into series 5 with Smith.

i started with Eccleston's series. seems as good a place as any to start i think. new series starts in april i think? i plan to just catch up by then.

i'm on season 3 of the reboot at the moment.

i miss
rose.. i don't like martha jones

why would you skip over david tennant? he's awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom