• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Ughhhhhhhhhhhh blows my mind how fucking amazing King of the Hill is. Season 7 episode 21, god damn amazing!!!!! Boomhauer and Bill nursing a tripping pigeon back to sobriety while listening to Indian music and incense candles.

My number 1 animated series, and in my top 3 best shows ever.

Fjordson

I'm about to finish the first season of Justified. Been powering through it over the last few days. Oh man! Olyphant in top form, plus Goggins and Natalie Zea(!). I love this show. Can't wait to get up to speed with season two.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Ughhhhhhhhhhhh blows my mind how fucking amazing King of the Hill is. Season 7 episode 21, god damn amazing!!!!! Boomhauer and Bill nursing a tripping pigeon back to sobriety while listening to Indian music and incense candles.

My number 1 animated series, and in my top 3 best shows ever.

Great show. Second to Simpsons for me. I really stopped liking it though after Lucky became main character, he was annoying as hell.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Eh im just about done with season 7, going backwards from season 13. Lucky was only really lead in a half dozen eps if that. I didn't mind him, pretty funny character along with his buddies.

Phoenix's Rage

Neo Member
Can someone help prioritize my list of shows to watch?

Shows I'm interested in:

Pushing Daisy
Deadwood
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Freaks and Geeks
Friday Night Lights
It's Sunny in Philadelphia

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Deadwood and Breaking bad would be at the top of my list since they are the only 2 i have seen at the moment. Both are godly though. Go Deadwood fist and then Breaking Bad...... if you are lucky you might be done in time for the new season of BB.

hamchan

Phoenix's Rage said:
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Deadwood
Friday Night Lights
Freaks and Geeks
Pushing Daisy

There. Just cause Breaking Bad and Mad Men are still ongoing, you should finish them off before the new seasons. The rest are all good but since they're done you can just take your time with them. Oh and Always Sunny is great too but it's not a show you absolutely need to catch every week imo.

Blablurn

i'm about to finish season 1 of how i met your mother. only watched the newer seasons so far.

but yeah, even the beginning is great. looking forward to the rest.

Phoenix's Rage said:

Deadwood
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Freaks and Geeks
Pushing Daisy
Friday Night Lights

I only put FNL at the end because I haven't seen it myself. But all the other shows are great.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Blablurn said:
i'm about to finish season 1 of how i met your mother. only watched the newer seasons so far.

but yeah, even the beginning is great. looking forward to the rest.

Going back i thought the first season had some shockers.............. any ep with "Bro" lol, it's like "come the fuck on!, even bro's don't say it this much!"

Ceres

Banned
Phoenix's Rage said:

Shows I'm interested in:

Pushing Daisy
Deadwood
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Freaks and Geeks
Friday Night Lights

Freaks and Geeks first. It's 1 season, 18 episodes. You'll be done in a week, if it even takes that long once you get into it.

Jadedx

Banned
Shows I watch:

Top Shot 2 (LOL @ Jermaine and his war flashbacks)
NCIS
Law and order SVU
House
Chuck
SVU
White Collar
Royal Pains
Fairly Legal
Two and a Half Men
The Defenders
Big Bang Theory
Californication
Archer

Phoenix's Rage said:

Shows I'm interested in:

Pushing Daisy
Deadwood
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Freaks and Geeks
Friday Night Lights

Wow, you have some great stuff to look forward to!

I would watch probably watch Freaks and Geeks first since it had such a short run. All of those are great, though.

Hey ho, I've been looking for some entertainment for a while now! recently I loved:

Dr Who
Breaking Bad
Firefly

All very unique series with a huge entertainment factor! I also don't ike sitcoms or anything like that. With the series mentioned above it's always the stories and the drama, high scale or small scale, that gets me! What should I watch next?

I'm mildly interested in The Wire and Madmen. I think at one point I tried to get into both of them but I wasn't in the mood for that kind of stuff.

Ashhong

Phoenix's Rage said:

Shows I'm interested in:

Pushing Daisy
Deadwood
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Freaks and Geeks
Friday Night Lights

Friday Night Lights
Deadwood
Pushing Daisies
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Sunny
Freaks

I feel comedies are not a high priority, but that's just my taste. Also I have not seen Freaks and Geeks. I also think the shows that are done are the ones you should watch first. You can take your time with them. And then by the time you're done watching the finished shows, even more episodes of Breaking Bad and Mad Men will be available to you, and you won't have to wait week after week.

A few random items for this Friday:

- First off, Tim Goodman has revived his TV Power Rankings over at The Hollywood Reporter. It's a bit of fun that hopefully will inspire some debate. More discussion of why he picked the shows he did (along with some minor spoilers) via the link.
Tim Goodman said:
1. Justified
2. 30 Rock
3. Raising Hope
4. Community
5. Shameless
6. Lights Out
7. Archer
8. Modern Family
9. Episodes
10. Parenthood
11. Parks and Recreation

These rankings are based on creative performance for scripted series from week to week. (Unscripted series can make the list, but there's a bias here for scripted material, which is inherently more artistic.) A strong episode makes you rise, a tepid one makes you slip. Several bad ones and you're off the list. It also hurts to have a rerun or two (It should probably go without saying, but a particular show needs to be on the air to make the list -- not on hiatus or between seasons). So the writing, acting, directing, humor, pathos or whatever better be excellent each week.

- NY Magazine put together their Anticipation Index for Television. "Rankings are based on the volume of related Twitter and blog activity. Only future events are included."

- Last, Starz is showing a sneak peek of Camelot this evening after the Spartacus season finale. I thought the trailer was pretty weak, but Maureen Ryan still put together a list of Five Reasons to Check Out the 'Camelot' Sneak Peek. At the very least it has Eva Green and James Purefoy.

Magnus

Blitzed through Spartacus (both series) over the last two weeks. I definitely don't have the stomach for a couple of the more gruesome scenes, but man, what a show. After the first couple episodes of Blood and Sand languished in some kind of soap opera dimension of crap, the show just took on this magnanimous life filled with rich moments.

Watching the fifth and penultimate episode of Gods of the Arena now. Fantastic stuff.

Zeliard said:
Is it better to go through Blood and Sand or Gods of the Arena first?
Watch Blood & Sand first. It'll make more sense. If, for some reason, you want to watch Gods of the Arena first, make sure you skip the "previously" feature at the beginning because it spoils the entirety of Blood and Sand.

Magnus

Oh, Blood and Sand first for sure. It's just designed to be watched that way. Lots of nice little nods in Gods of the Arena to the original series, in true prequel fashion.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Yeah B&S first then GOTA.

Watched King of the Hill season 1 ep 5. They where making Hank out as an angry character.

Hank watching TV

TV Guy: "Now where going to turn this steak."
Hank looking pissed off and yelling at TV: "NO!, TURN THE OTHER ONE!"

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
unironically enjoying old episodes of TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES every morning lately while i eat my oatmeal.

has anyone ever noticed that the dynamic between shredder and krang is almost exactly the same as the dynamic between lord zed and rita on POWER RANGERS?

v5oXr.jpg

the show is a really great balance of action and comedy. and the turtle gadgetry on the show is also really fun and impressive, and i remember it being very enjoyable to me as a kid. it's probably designed from the get-go to stimulate more toy sales, but who cares? when they fly in on that turtle blimp, something in me sings.

great show.

CrazyDude

I have been watching the Sopranos lately, and I am surprised at how much much I like it. I was expecting something a lot worse, maybe I thought that a modern mob family would not work.

DieNgamers said:
Hey ho, I've been looking for some entertainment for a while now! recently I loved:

Dr Who
Breaking Bad
Firefly

All very unique series with a huge entertainment factor! I also don't ike sitcoms or anything like that. With the series mentioned above it's always the stories and the drama, high scale or small scale, that gets me! What should I watch next?

I'm mildly interested in The Wire and Madmen. I think at one point I tried to get into both of them but I wasn't in the mood for that kind of stuff.

Jekyll (6 Episodes)
Sherlock (3 episodes in first season)

JLG-

bigmit3737 said:
I'm looking for comedies to watch.

I just started "Episodes", which I"m really enjoying.

Anything else from the past few years?
PARTY DOWN!
Both seasons are on Netflix.

LProtag

Rewatched some stuff with my girlfriend:

Firefly (and then Serenity of course)
The IT Crowd
Community (we're catching up to the current episodes quickly)

Kraftwerk

Been watching a ton of SVU lately, and something is bugging me.

Cacy Novak :
is one episode she is a Stock broker who took part in the rape and murder of a male stripper, and in season 5+ she is the ADA. I was really confused. Did they ever explain this? Is there an episode in between that clears this up? just seems weird.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Kraftwerk said:

Cacy Novak :
is one episode she is a Stock broker who took part in the rape and murder of a male stripper, and in season 5+ she is the ADA. I was really confused. Did they ever explain this? Is there an episode in between that clears this up? just seems weird.

Same actress, different role ("Amelia Chase" in that episode). You'll notice this happen numerous times throughout L&O, although it's usually with young supporting actors who are brought back for an episode after they're grown a bit and not as likely to be recognized by viewers.

JLG-

I got up to "Fly" on Breaking Bad season 3 and stopped watching. I really need to catch up before season 4 comes along. When will the dvd be out?

JLG- said:
I got up to "Fly" on Breaking Bad season 3 and stopped watching. I really need to catch up before season 4 comes along. When will the dvd be out?

Dont think there is a date for it yet? Should be soon considering Season 4 is going to start in the summer.

That "Fly" episode was a good filler episode to save budget for the nothing short of EPIC finale.

TripOpt55

Kraftwerk said:

Cacy Novak :
The Law & Order shows do this sometimes. The same people will play multiple roles. Not usually as ridiculous as with Casey Novak though. I believe Annie Parisse played a role in a random episode of regular L&O and then she became ADA Alexandria Borgia later on. Just like with Casey Novak. It's kind of weird.

big ander

FleaTheMagician said:
What do you guys think about Raising Hope and Traffic light? I'm not sold yet.
Hope is the biggest surprise of the year and the best new network comedy of the 2010-2011 season.
Traffic Light has been okay to good. It's improving week-to-week, so I hope that continues.
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Dont think there is a date for it yet? Should be soon considering Season 4 is going to start in the summer.

That "Fly" episode was a good filler episode to save budget for the nothing short of EPIC finale.
July.
And Fly is fucking awesome.

Zzoram

Rewatched Stargate SG-1 recently. Best sci-fi show yet, and longest one too with 10 seasons. Cast just has a lot of chemistry with each other and the recurring characters.

-Stranger-

Currently watching Season 1 of Friday Night Lights & Season 5 of Dexter.

Was thinking of also starting The Wire soon, how good is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom