• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

Finished FNL Season 4. Funny how it sort of falls in between seasons 1 and 3s levels of consistent quality and season 2's up and down quality. The end was fantastic, though. So great.
JD being a bonafide villain worked out really well. I ended up liking Becky more than my complete indifference at the beginning of the season, but I still don't love her the way I do Vince or Luke. Jess I'm completely indifferent to. Couldn't care either way whether she has another scene on the show. Matt's return was wonderful, and I can't wait to see what happens between Matt and Landry and Matt and Julie in season 4. Tami's plot was perfect, because the bigotry was so real but she took the high road and won out in the end.
Can't wait to watch season 5. Hard to decide whether to see it on NBC as it airs or to find it online.
BannedEpisode said:
I dont know what 30 Rock's deal is, its turning out to be one of my favorite series of all time and yet it seems like nobody watches it.
A good-enough amount of people watch it. Not super obscure or anything, just not as talked-about as, say, The Office.

Drewsky

big ander said:
A good-enough amount of people watch it. Not super obscure or anything, just not as talked-about as, say, The Office.
It annoys me that The Office's popularity basically skyrocketed around the same time the show took a quality nosedive after S3. At least in my opinion.

AAequal

Banned
I re-watched Deadwood and it was good as I remembered. Only negative side I can find about it is the ending, it makes so sad that this show never got another seasons with proper ending.

Now I'm gonna start watching some Brit comedies. Starting with my favorite, Fawlty Towers - Such an amazing show <3
qeVpH.jpg

Yesterday I watched the whole first season of How To Make It In America. Really enjoyed it. It got better as it went on. Kinda sad the season was so short. Luiz Guzman is great in everything I've seen him in.

I'm now onto Party Down. Seen the first two episodes and I love it already. Ron is amazing.

tabsina

What do I watch next that is similar to
Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, The Wire, The Walking Dead, The Sopranos

preferably something with a few seasons (or complete) already aired

tabsina said:
Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, The Wire, The Walking Dead, The Sopranos

I'd say Deadwood.

Drewsky

tabsina said:

The Shield too. I've been working my way through it and loving it.

big ander

tabsina said:

I'd also recommend The Shield.
And maybe Friday Night Lights. It doesn't seem similar to the shows you listed, and I haven't seen The Wire, but discussing it with people I've found it has a lot of similarities to Mad Men and The Wire, narratively.

I'm on episode 4 of the US Life on Mars. The show has a pretty fun concept, but so far it's been hit or miss for me. Did anyone here watch this when it aired?

Jay Sosa

I watched nearly all of P&R SE 2. I'm in love with April.

Did they fire all the writers form SE 1 or something, it's so hard to believe it's the same show. Is SE 3 as funny?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Girlfriend and I are flying through Supernatural. Just got to Season 3 and we have both been enjoying it immensely.

big ander

Jay Sosa said:
I watched nearly all of P&R SE 2. I'm in love with April.

Did they fire all the writers form SE 1 or something, it's so hard to believe it's the same show. Is SE 3 as funny?
Pretty much the same writing staff, from what I understand. Show just needed time to grow, and a six episode season didn't give it enough.
S3 is just as good.

xxracerxx

I view Parks & Rec season 1 like I view The Office (US) season 1, they were just trying to emulate the show they were inspired/based on WAY too much. Once they became their own in season 2 they took off for the better.

Yeah, S3 of Parks and Rec is just as good so far. Rob Lowe angle is killing it.

"Even telemarketers avoid her. Her creation was punishment for the original sins of man."

I could talk quotes from it all day.

Gotten through the first 3 episodes of Fringe these last couple of days. Overall it looks like its going to be pretty good show and I plan on watching it all. I need my batshit crazy conspiracy sci-fi fix now that LOST is over, and this looks like a good enough replacement. Now to avoid any mention of the show as to not get spoiled.

Drewsky

Just watched the first ep of S5 of The Shield and holy shit Forest Whitaker. And he's acting weird as a mother fucker, I'm thoroughly excited now.

Salazar

xxracerxx said:
Girlfriend and I are flying through Supernatural. Just got to Season 3 and we have both been enjoying it immensely.

Be prepared for some emotional moments when you hit later seasons.

elwes

I'm plowing through the last half of 24. Started on season 4, now I'm on ep2 of season 7.

Before that, I bought Hulu and watched all of the current seasons of Family Guy, American Dad, The Office, Parks and Recreation, and Outsourced.

Drewsky

xxracerxx said:
Yeah you're just getting to the good shit. And how could you watch it with your GF, who could you possibly match up to those two?

big ander

Waiting to watch FNL season 5 until I get my DVD, so I've been watching Archer season 1. So hilarious.
elwes said:
I'm plowing through the last half of 24. Started on season 4, now I'm on ep2 of season 7.

Before that, I bought Hulu and watched all of the current seasons of Family Guy, American Dad, The Office, Parks and Recreation,
Nice, really good choic-
and Outsourced.
WHY.

xxracerxx

Drewsky said:
Yeah you're just getting to the good shit. And how could you watch it with your GF, who could you possibly match up to those two?
I should have said fiance, I can match up because I put that ring on that finger haha. Though she is Team Dean, who even I can see why.

Drewsky

xxracerxx said:
I should have said fiance, I can match up because I put that ring on that finger haha. Though she is Team Dean, who even I can see why.
Yeah, I have no problem flaunting my man crush on Dean.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
2 episodes of Deadwood left. I dread watching them knowing the show will not only be over, but over prematurely, but I guess I gotta do it eventually.

great show though

JesusTom

Just finished Sons of Anarchy season 3, and I have to say, I have no idea what all the beef with that season is. I thought it was fantastic!! Great story and it really had high and low points.

I laughed, I cried, and I got really involved in the despair of the characters

DJ_Lae

Just finished the first season of Community.

I really liked it - which I was unsure of before starting it due to the amount of hate it seems to get here on GAF.

Also halfway through Men with Brooms, which is on Canadian Netflix. It's okay - has its moments - but you can tell why it was canceled. Some of the jokes are amusing, but the rest of them just fall flat or try way too hard.

Finished season 1 of Party Down in the early hours of last night. That was one of the funniest seasons of television I have ever seen. How it managed to slip under my radar for so long I do not know. Dan Marino is a comedy genius. I nearly pissed myself laughing at the end of the reunion episode. Loved all the guest stars, too.

DJ_Lae said:
I really liked it - which I was unsure of before starting it due to the amount of hate it seems to get here on GAF.

I think people have an issue more so with the Gaf superfans because the show is great.

Kraftwerk

A bit of fry and laurie

HOLY SHIT

I have not laughed so hard in my entire life. Fuck House, they need to cancel that and continue this show.

I WANT MOAR!!!!

SKINNER!

Banned
I got 2 episodes of Band of Brothers left. :( so good!
I might start watching X-Files Season 1 after that or pick up Generation Kill.

oh, I also needed something to watch while working out yesterday so I re-watched the first two episodes of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st Gig.

SKINNER!

Banned
Episode 7 "The Breaking Point" nearly killed me inside. As I watched it I kept thinking "Man! this is so depressing. Things cant get worse than thi-....:("

UrbanRats

I've stayed up all night watching The Wire, a retarded move possibly, but i'm blazing through season 1, great stuff.
At first (ep1/2?) i had some problems following the slang and the police terms and stuff, but now they've become more and more familiar.

JesusTom said:
Just finished Sons of Anarchy season 3, and I have to say, I have no idea what all the beef with that season is. I thought it was fantastic!! Great story and it really had high and low points.

I laughed, I cried, and I got really involved in the despair of the characters
Most of the complaints centered around
how slow things got when they were in Ireland. It provided good back story, but it took way too long. The plots in Charming (Gemma's dad and the land grab) were ok, but nothing with the punch of what S2 provided.
That being said, I think a good amount of the our collective impatience was based on only getting one episode per week coupled with the slow development. I'd imagine it holds up a lot better if you marathon through it. First and last episodes of the season were great - it's just the middle part that bothered most people.
chalkitdown1 said:
Finished season 1 of Party Down in the early hours of last night. That was one of the funniest seasons of television I have ever seen. How it managed to slip under my radar for so long I do not know. Dan Marino is a comedy genius. I nearly pissed myself laughing at the end of the reunion episode. Loved all the guest stars, too.
Fantastic comedy and my favorite since Arrested Development. It's a shame that we only got two seasons, but I'm glad we got to see that much. It holds up really well for rewatching, too.
icarus-daedelus said:
At this point I don't think we'll ever get those Deadwood tv movies we were repeatedly promised, as its been way too long since the show was cancelled, which just frakking sucks. I haven't been *terribly* impressed with anything on HBO since The Wire ended, though, to be perfectly honest. I can't fathom some of the decisions they've made over there.
Yeah, we're not going to see any Deadwood tv movies at this point. :( Good point about HBO, too. Since Deadwood/The Wire there have been a lot of shows that I admire, enjoy, and would gladly recommend, but I'm not sure if they have anything on the level of Mad Men and Breaking Bad these days.

icarus-daedelus said:
HBO and David Milch were evidently too busy working on John from Cincinnati to finish Deadwood properly. It's not quite as stupid as the SciFi channel cancelling Farscape prematurely and hiring its leads onto an inferior show, but I'm still pretty bitter about it and it takes goodly amounts of effort to reach the depths of stupidity of the SciFi channel anyway.

At this point I don't think we'll ever get those Deadwood tv movies we were repeatedly promised, as its been way too long since the show was cancelled, which just frakking sucks. I haven't been *terribly* impressed with anything on HBO since The Wire ended, though, to be perfectly honest. I can't fathom some of the decisions they've made over there.

You either haven't watched Treme or you need to try harder at being impressed by its awesomeness.

JLG-

Watched all of Eastbound & Down season 1. Pretty damn awesome.

Also going through Reaper season 2 on netflix. Such a fun show, shame it got canceled.

UrbanRats said:
I've stayed up all night watching The Wire, a retarded move possibly, but i'm blazing through season 1, great stuff.
At first (ep1/2?) i had some problems following the slang and the police terms and stuff, but now they've become more and more familiar.
Enjoy. I've recently decided I'm going to do a re-watch soon. Really excited about it.

Enco

Californication. Enjoying it. So much sexual stuff though haha.

Just finished catching up with Parks and Recs. Awesome show. Glad it's being renewed for another season. It gets better with every episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom