• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching The Twilight Zone on netflix, and I am hooked. Through 25 episodes of season one, my favorite so far is "The Hitch-hiker", but I seriously have loved all of them. Why have I not watched this show sooner? It is amazing.

Drewsky

Easystride said:
I've been watching The Twilight Zone on netflix, and I am hooked. Through 25 episodes of season one, my favorite so far is "The Hitch-hiker", but I seriously have loved all of them. Why have I not watched this show sooner? It is amazing.
It is awesome. I watch it constantly around New Years every year because Scifi always does marathons.

Jay Sosa

boy this last few office episodes have been pretty horrible (and i usually love ferrell and sappy shit) just as boring as this season of 30 rock..at least parks and recreation continues to be hilarious.

also started with supernatural..expected it to be a bit more like buffy than xfiles, but its fun so i cant complain.

MPW

Jay Sosa said:
boy this last few office episodes have been pretty horrible (and i usually love ferrell and sappy shit) just as boring as this season of 30 rock..at least parks and recreation continues to be hilarious.

also started with supernatural..expected it to be a bit more like buffy than xfiles, but its fun so i cant complain.

best sitcom right now

MentallyCritical said:
anyone here watched party down?

i re watch random episodes from time to time.

its quite funny or was...
I just finished it up on Netflix. Fucking amazing. Easily cracks my top tier of comedy shows.

An-Det

A few weeks ago, I resolved to finally watch all of Star Trek from start to finish. Previously, I had seen various episodes of each series, so I knew the characters and dynamics and that I enjoyed it, but I knew this was going to be a huge undertaking. 25 seasons (TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT), each with 20+ episodes, plus a few choice TOS episodes. Thank god for netflix.

So far I am midway through TNG season 3 (about to watch Deja Q). Impressions on it so far are that S1 was mostly shit, S2 was decent but still trying to find their bearings, and S3 has been great so far. S1 really felt like rehashes of TOS styles; the african people, the naked sexytime people planet, but there were some solid episodes with Datalore, Enc at Farpoint, Conspiracy, and The Neutral Zone. S2 was better; they arent as fleshed out as later, but it's definitely better than S1. S3 so far has been that Trek feel that I've loved, so it is good. Quality still varies a bit, but overall it is solid now.

Still a long way to go.

Mileena

Banned
Halfway through Buffy S4. This show is so average, and with Angel gone it's been getting even worse. I should have just re-watched Angel after Buffy S3.

I don't watch any current shows right now but I finally got around to starting Garth Merenghi's Darkplace and god damn is it hilarious.

Drewsky

corkscrewblow said:
Halfway through Buffy S4. This show is so average, and with Angel gone it's been getting even worse. I should have just re-watched Angel after Buffy S3.
Stay for The Body and Once More With Feeling. Other than that you're absolutely right.

Tucah

you speak so well
Jay Sosa said:
yep...who would've thought that after the first season..

It really is astonishing how large a difference there is in the quality of the first season compared to the second and third. It went from being completely mediocre to the best comedy on TV.

TripOpt55

I finished Season 4 of The Wire last night. It was quite good. I did like Season 3 better though. I have Season 5 sitting here. I will probably start it up next week. I need a little bit of a break before jumping in for Season 5. They planted some interesting seeds for it at the end of S4. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Just finished Generation Kill tonight. Pretty much watched an ep every other day and absolutely loved it. Great characters and very enjoyable dialog. Also, the lack of any background music was a good idea. Probably one of the best shows from HBO I have seen.

-Stranger-

I bought The Wire Season 1 on DVD the other day, just finished watching Episode 2.
Really enjoying it so far, i can see why it receives so much praise around here!

SKINNER!

Banned
Started watching Season 5 of Doctor Who. A friend recommended me to watch "Blink", "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead" and I thoroughly enjoyed them so now I'm gonna try and catch up.

Sotha Sil

shorty_symd said:
Started watching Season 5 of Doctor Who. A friend recommended me to watch "Blink", "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead" and I thoroughly enjoyed them so now I'm gonna try and catch up.

So good.

Started watching Oz. I don't get it. Has it aged badly? Or am I just a victim of my own expectations? The show has a burlesque quality that often puts me off. I expected a quasi-documentary, and got a near-caricature. I'll keep watching.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The fringe episode where you see the drawing of Olivia made me go back and start watching Alias again. Watching the first season in a week made me laugh at how much corridor running Sidney did. It also reinforced how much I loved Jack Bristow.

Alex Dee

Neo Member
Finally got round to watching through Arrested Development over the last few months. Seasons 1 and 2 are amazing beyond belief, 3 not so much. :(

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Kabuki Waq said:
caught an couple of episodes of Big Bang Theory......WTF? how is this show popular? horrible writing crap acting just awful stuff.

I find it slightly entertaining but it is a pretty generic sitcom.

Divius

I watched Season 1 of Castle and am now a couple of episodes into S2. What does GAF think of the show? I find the characters and their dynamics quite entertaining, but the cases they are solving are pretty bland. And the leads Fillion/Katic are pretty attractive as well, of course.

I've been watching Twilight Zone season 2. Does anyone know what the deal is with the difference in video quality is across episodes? Some episodes look like a movie, while others look like they were filmed on some cheap handheld camera. Is it just a problem with the netflix stream, or did they use different cameras for some episodes?

brb

Trying to juggle Dexter, Deadwood, Game of Thrones and The Sopranos.
As much as people, including me, hate Comcast, their xfinitytv site is amazing for catching up on older shows.

Jay Sosa

Kabuki Waq said:
caught an couple of episodes of Big Bang Theory......WTF? how is this show popular? horrible writing crap acting just awful stuff.

I actually kinda like it..and I consider myself one of these annoying comedy elitist. I mean it's pretty much only Sheldon that makes me laugh but compared to all the other bullshit that's popular it's funny. But I've only seen a couple of episodes guess it gets boring pretty quickly.

SKINNER!

Banned
Alligatorjandro said:
I've been watching the X files s1 and its very good.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. I got it sitting on the shelf for quite sometime now but I haven't got round to watching it. I might do so this month.

Been watching Blackadder. Some of the funniest and most clever writing I've seen. And Rowan Atkinson is incredible. Just starting the fourth series right now.

I read over the past threads and a lot of people seem to not like the first series? Which kinda boggles my mind, the first series is probably my second favorite after the second.

If anyone reads this and hasn't watched Blackadder, PLEASE do yourself a favor and watch it. There's absolutely no way that you won't enjoy it. I'm still kicking myself for ignoring it for so long.

&Divius said:
I watched Season 1 of Castle and am now a couple of episodes into S2. What does GAF think of the show? I find the characters and their dynamics quite entertaining, but the cases they are solving are pretty bland. And the leads Fillion/Katic are pretty attractive as well, of course.
I like it. It's fun and it's the only police procedural I watch. The second and third seasons are better than the first, I think. Also, the two-part episodes in season 2 and 3 are both awesome.

Tucah

you speak so well
I started to watch Fringe. At first it was merely good, an enjoyable procedural with a sci-fi twist. Then I watched episodes 10 and I was blown away. The way previous events and characters were brought back was great and such an enormous step up from the previous episodes. I can't wait to watch more.

&Divius said:
Season 1 cases were really bad because most of the time you could figure out what happened 20 minutes before the characters could figure it out. The cases do get a bit better and less telegraphed. More importantly, the cases get more ridiculous which fits the characters better.

Verendus

Banned
Caught up with House. Hugh Laurie is awesome. The show still keeps my attention even if it's not as great as the earlier seasons.

I have 12 episodes of Chuck waiting for Season 4 to get me up to date. This show was amazing (season 2 especially), but it went kind of downhill from there. Season 3 kind of sucked, and season 4 has been okay. I will watch these soon though.

big ander

Tucah said:
I started to watch Fringe. At first it was merely good, an enjoyable procedural with a sci-fi twist. Then I watched episodes 10 and I was blown away. The way previous events and characters were brought back was great and such an enormous step up from the previous episodes. I can't wait to watch more.
Hell yeah. Glad we'll have another Fringe fan by the time season 4 comes around.

Smeghead

Just started watching Bored to Death this past week or two, it's some good shit.

Also on season 2 of The Sopranos, i can't believe i haven't watched them before, it's like the best tv series ever.

I started watching them on Sky Atlantic (basically HBO shows) but i might have to get the box set as i can't take waiting a week for each episode.

As we wind down on the Spring season of tv and head towards the Network Upfronts:

- The latest TV Power Rankings from Tim Goodman

Good to see him giving props to a stellar S2 of Justified.

- Metacritic's Summer TV Preview lists 20 shows they're looking forward to and the rest of the Summer premieres

This Summer it's Breaking Bad, Damages, and Louie for me. Might stick with True Blood, though I'm on the fence with that and Wilfred. Probably giving up on Hung and Entourage. What's everyone else going to watch?

An-Det said:
A few weeks ago, I resolved to finally watch all of Star Trek from start to finish. Previously, I had seen various episodes of each series, so I knew the characters and dynamics and that I enjoyed it, but I knew this was going to be a huge undertaking. 25 seasons (TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT), each with 20+ episodes, plus a few choice TOS episodes. Thank god for netflix.

So far I am midway through TNG season 3 (about to watch Deja Q). Impressions on it so far are that S1 was mostly shit, S2 was decent but still trying to find their bearings, and S3 has been great so far. S1 really felt like rehashes of TOS styles; the african people, the naked sexytime people planet, but there were some solid episodes with Datalore, Enc at Farpoint, Conspiracy, and The Neutral Zone. S2 was better; they arent as fleshed out as later, but it's definitely better than S1. S3 so far has been that Trek feel that I've loved, so it is good. Quality still varies a bit, but overall it is solid now.

Still a long way to go.
An admirable undertaking! I've never done that even though I have all seasons on DVD.

Cornballer said:
- Metacritic's Summer TV Preview lists 20 shows they're looking forward to and the rest of the Summer premieres

This Summer it's Breaking Bad, Damages, and Louie for me. Might stick with True Blood, though I'm on the fence with that and Wilfred. Probably giving up on Hung and Entourage. What's everyone else going to watch?

Those three plus True Blood and Torchwood for me (though I might not make it all the way through Damages and True Blood, it depends on how their seasons go). I might check out Falling Skies or revisit Burn Notice depending on what kind of reviews they get.

Ashhong

Cornballer said:
As we wind down on the Spring season of tv and head towards the Network Upfronts:

- The latest TV Power Rankings from Tim Goodman

Good to see him giving props to a stellar S2 of Justified.

Youre giving up on Entourage? Its the last season and only like 6 episodes long!

big ander

Trent Strong said:
Saw the first five episodes of Party Down. I'm gonna quit watching. I don't see the appeal of this show at all.
To me it seems that people who don't like Party Down don't like smartly constructed narrative and awkward humor.

big ander said:
To me it seems that people who don't like Party Down don't like smartly constructed narrative and awkward humor.

I know we have very different taste, but I just don't like the characters and some of the gags seem too forced.

RdN

I'm rewatching Las Vegas.

Man, I love this series. James Caan is so damn great in it.. the entire cast rocks.

It's such a shame that it was cancelled after season five without a proper ending.. For what the creator told, season six would have been amazing.

Carnby

I'm going through my second viewing of The Shield. This time I'm watching it with my wife. We are about to watch the finale of season 2. She finally admitted that she is hooked on the show now.

I told her that it only gets better. She has no idea how far the story goes. She's been warned.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I have about 5 episodes left of Six Feet Under. It's gotten better and better as the show goes on, which is rare. I have a lot of thoughts on it but overall it's a very emotional show, so sad at times.

cabottemp

Banned
Just started watching the sopranos thursday. finishing season 1 right now, season 2 is downloading from iTunes as I type this.

fucking awesome show.

big ander

Trent Strong said:
I know we have very different taste, but I just don't like the characters and some of the gags seem too forced.
I dunno. I love the characters. They're mostly batshit insane but that's why I loved them.
As for forced gags, I don't know what you mean. I think some stuff can be predicted, but there are some pretty organic jokes and plots. The
don't serve them two jiggers
sticks out as spontaneous to me. And one episode I've always loved is the Draft Party in season 2, where every characters story really comes together at the end in a masterful way.

But if you didn't like it after 5 episodes, it's not for you. And that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom