• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
HBO Go is awesome. Watched a couple episodes of The Wire but wasn't really getting into it. Switched over to Entourage and so far I love it. Finished season 1 and just started season 2.

Also, watching Missing on ABC. Actually enjoying it quite a bit. I'm hoping it'll get renewed.

sruckus

Eh Entourage is still enjoyable all the way through...and ends almost perfectly IMO.

I just finished season 2 of vampire diaries. Still awesome and hoping season 3 shows up on Netflix sometime soon. It will be good to catch up on other shows while I wait, though.

sruckus

Is One Tree Hill worth watching? I had watched most of season 1 in high school but stopped once I got behind (what did I do without a DVR?). All the seasons are on Netflix now.

BluWacky

pretty much, but I unfortunately seem to have watched most of what's considered the best

fawlty towers, the office, black books, father ted, only fools and horses, the it crowd, extras, blackadder, vicar of dbley

Green Wing is missing from your list and this should be rectified immediately.

bjaelke

Eh Entourage is still enjoyable all the way through...and ends almost perfectly IMO.

I just finished season 2 of vampire diaries. Still awesome and hoping season 3 shows up on Netflix sometime soon. It will be good to catch up on other shows while I wait, though.

Sundance season was terrible. But the show got better afterwards.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
For all the people who feel like they've watched everything, might I recommend "The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows". Unfortunately the most recent edition is a tad old at this point, but this bible-sized coffee table books is the book for TV.

You can't really go wrong by just opening to a random page, reading about a show, seeing if it interests you, and Googling it. There's a lot of shit out there, but there's also a lot of interesting stuff.

19.77 on Amazon or 4.77+ from used third party merchants.

Martian

HBO Go is awesome. Watched a couple episodes of The Wire but wasn't really getting into it. Switched over to Entourage and so far I love it. Finished season 1 and just started season 2.

Also, watching Missing on ABC. Actually enjoying it quite a bit. I'm hoping it'll get renewed.

Please don't give up on The Wire. It's the best show out there. You do have to get in to it, because it's a story show, not a single-watch-episode show. But damn, if it wasn't so delicious

Anyone watch Nurse Jackie? Is there a ton of nudity and stuff?

I don't think there's been any. Certainly none of the regular cast members have been naked. It's almost exclusively set in a hospital so the show doesn't call for nudity. Some of Coop's one night stands might have been shown topless but I really can't recall any.

Also, Nurse Jackie is awesome.

big ander

For all the people who feel like they've watched everything, might I recommend "The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows". Unfortunately the most recent edition is a tad old at this point, but this bible-sized coffee table books is the book for TV.

You can't really go wrong by just opening to a random page, reading about a show, seeing if it interests you, and Googling it. There's a lot of shit out there, but there's also a lot of interesting stuff.

19.77 on Amazon or 4.77+ from used third party merchants.

Might check this out, thanks for the heads up.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Like crappy soaps on network daytime tv? No. But I'd imagine this one would be a little higher quality or am I wrong?

Well, sure. It's of a higher quality, but it's still extremely soapy. (killers, evil twins, etc. it's got all the soap cliches) I watched it from the beginning, so I have a more positive leaning towards the show than I'd imagine most people would. Still, if it wasn't for the years worth of nostalgia and my affection for the characters, I wouldn't have stuck around though all the horrible plots and godawful writing/acting.

You could do much, much better.

Sounds good. I'll have to check it out sometime.

I don't think there's been any. Certainly none of the regular cast members have been naked. It's almost exclusively set in a hospital so the show doesn't call for nudity. Some of Coop's one night stands might have been shown topless but I really can't recall any.

Also, Nurse Jackie is awesome.

Oh. That's disappointing. XD

JaCy

Just watched the first episode of Louie, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Especially his scenes with his date, i lost it at the bathroom scene.

Jay Sosa

Finished Dr. Who Season 2 (new), pretty disappointed that Rose is gone, even though I know will be able to focus on whats actually going on instead of swooning over Billie Piper.

For a second I was terrified that that annoying chick from the xmas special will be his new companion, the real new one seems nice and interesting enough.

Also started watching Colbert Report and The Daily Show. Colbert Report is simply amazing, but you guys probably already knew that ;)

Speaking of Talkshows: Whatever happened to Conan? Episodes are decent to good, like always, but boy the audience is simply horrible, they don't respond to anything and rarely laugh. At least that what it looks like on TV. Ferguson is a lot more enjoyable to watch.

And last 'Breaking In' with Slater and that dude from Reaper. Seemed funny enough to keep me entertained til Parks and Rec comes back on.

Just watched the first season of Firefly, after hearing so much about it for so long I figured I should give it a shot. It was good, but definitely not great.

More specifically, the last half of the season was good, the first 5-6 episodes were an absolute slog. I don't understand why this show has such a rabid following, nothing about it felt all that remarkable. Maybe my expectations were too high after hearing people praise it for years. Still, I'm going to watch Serenity in the next couple of days to finish it all off.

I also watched all 6 episodes of Sherlock recently, thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Recon

Banned
Just watched the first season of Firefly, after hearing so much about it for so long I figured I should give it a shot. It was good, but definitely not great.

More specifically, the last half of the season was good, the first 5-6 episodes were an absolute slog. I don't understand why this show has such a rabid following, nothing about it felt all that remarkable. Maybe my expectations were too high after hearing people praise it for years. Still, I'm going to watch Serenity in the next couple of days to finish it all off.

It is a show that if you just stumble across, it is a very nice surprise. I did just that without any outside hype and I was pleasantly surprised. It was the combination of Nathan Fillion, space, and western themes that pulled me in. I am a big fan of the series and movie, but I recognize its flaws and try to keep my praise in check.

Ended up watching The X-Files last night due to using Amazon Instant Video on my PS3 while downloading some things. Settled on "Triangle", though I was considering watching "The Unnatural" as well.

Triangle still holds up as one of my favorite episodes ever, for not only the plot and use of big band music during the big fight, but for the fact that it was shot continuously. Definitely one of the more lighthearted episodes, but I love it immensely.

Should have just ordered the complete series. There will never be a question to watch the rest, great series.
Better safe than sorry. I wasn't ready to pluck down $100 for a TV show that I may not like. I really hope I like it, though. I'm super excited to get started.

Dysun

I gave Game of Thrones a second chance after it failed to impress me last year after 2-3 episodes.

I promptly watched the 12 episodes available in about 2 days. Amazing

I've been watching a ton of British shows thanks mostly to streaming.
Over the past few months I watched all of :

Peep Show
Black Books
Harry and Paul
Father Ted
Sherlock
That Mitchell and Webb Look
Life's too Short

I think I'm becoming infatuated with the UK.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I gave Game of Thrones a second chance after it failed to impress me last year after 2-3 episodes.

I promptly watched the 12 episodes available in about 2 days. Amazing

My friend let me use his Season 1 BluRay and I marathon 7 episodes yesterday. Awesome show makes me feel like I'm in the world of the Elder Scrolls.

AAequal

Banned

Peep Show
Black Books
Harry and Paul
Father Ted
Sherlock
Life's too Short

Be sure to watch I'm Alan Partridge. Really great Brit comedy show.

Redux

Banned
My friend let me use his Season 1 BluRay and I marathon 7 episodes yesterday. Awesome show makes me feel like I'm in the world of the Elder Scrolls.

Just took a bath and getting settled in to start the show for my first viewing. Always see the GoT thread pop up so often on here so it must be good.

Martian

I've started watching Boardwalk Empire. It's simply brilliant. The setting is great, for someone not from the US, it's refreshing to see another town besides NY or LA. It's also funny to see a name like Al Capone flying around.
It's like The Godfather in TV serie, I'm at episode 7 right now, and it took me 5 days, so hopefully I will have catched up in a week or two

Peep Show
Black Books
Harry and Paul
Father Ted
Sherlock
Life's too Short

Yeah Netflix has definitely turned me into an anglophile. Add "The black adder" to that.

T Dollarz

Right now my two shows are Justified and Game of Thrones. I fell about a month behind in Justified though, but they're both great.

This summer will be all about Breaking Bad season 5, continuing Deadwood, and perhaps starting The Wire or Mad Men. Maybe The Shield. What say you?

Be sure to watch I'm Alan Partridge. Really great Brit comedy show.

I'll be sure to check it out.

I only mentioned the shows I've seen recently, but I've definitely watched and enjoyed other British shows like The Office, Black Adder, Faulty Towers, Flying Circus, A Bit of Fry and Laurie.

Obviously I'm a fan of comedy, but are there other good British dramatic shows?

The most recent one I saw was Luther, which was great, but I'm completely clueless as to whether I'm missing out on any great ones.

Watched all of the Game of Thrones episodes in like 3 days.

Hooked like a mother fucker. I love it when I find a new program, should have jumped on board at the beginning.

eeUwX.jpg

^ This guy is special. I remember he won the emmy and was intrigued, now I see what the hype was about. Always has great interactions, regardless of who the other character is.

Unfortunately, I couldn't help myself, and gorged on book spoilers. Not a big deal really, I new about big spoilers from the first season just because the media went wild when something happens to a particular character. Highly anticipating all the twist.

Watched all of the Game of Thrones episodes in like 3 days.

Me: Let's watch Game of Thrones, just 1 episode, see if you will like it.
Fiancee: It's based on fantasy book, right? Silly dragons and elves?
Me: That's LotR, this has very little fantasy, it's mostly plotting and backstabbing.
Fiancee: I don't know...
Me: Please, please, please.
Fiancee: Ok then...

(watched Episode 1)

Fiancee: Next one, next one!

Watched all of Season 1 in one day. I can perfectly see how the series is going mainstream.

sruckus

Been plowing through Friends with Benefits. It was a summer show cancelled after only one season. Only reason I started watching was because Ryan Hansen is in it from Veronica Mars. It's nothing special but its quirkiness sort of reminds me of Scrubs in a small way and it's enjoyable for a one season show. No commitment ha!

Theoris

Neo Member
I remain somewhat irritated that Game of Thrones (Series 1 or 2) has yet to appear on iTunes in the UK.. anyone heard any rumblings as to when this is likely to change? It looks like a great programme.

Amagon

Started watching The Killing. First tv show that I'm following in a long time. (I don't have cable.) Some good stuff so far that is all I gotta say.

Been watching Running Wilde on Netflix. Has an Arrested Development feel to it, and some of the same actors. The chick from Felicity is in it, and she's looking way hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom