• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rad. I'll watch the second season of Fringe after I watch a season of Dr. Who. I made an exchange with a friend that I'll watch one of his shows if he finishes the first season of Fringe. Now, I need to decide if I start on Eccleston (who I heard is fantastic for building the mytho of the Who universe), Tennant, or Smith.

Season 1 (Ecclestone) puts a lot of people off due to its poor production value and cheesiness. Maybe you'd be fine with it and love it, many aren't. Season 5 (Smith) is an easier starting point and then once you're caught up you'll find it easier to get through 1-4 enjoying the stand out episodes.

A common recommendation is to watch Season 3's Blink followed by Season 4's Silence In The Library/Forest of the Dead before starting Season 5. They introduce a key character and enemy, but aside from those episodes Season 5 is a comfortable place to start. New cast and crew, much stronger production values and in my opinion much more consistently strong episodes.

Necrovex

Season 1 (Ecclestone) puts a lot of people off due to its poor production value and cheesiness. Maybe you'd be fine with it and love it, many aren't. Season 5 (Smith) is an easier starting point and then once you're caught up you'll find it easier to get through 1-4 enjoying the stand out episodes.

A common recommendation is to watch Season 3's Blink followed by Season 4's Silence In The Library/Forest of the Dead before starting Season 5. They introduce a key character and enemy, but aside from those episodes Season 5 is a comfortable place to start. New cast and crew, much stronger production values and in my opinion much more consistently strong episodes.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll watch those two episodes then, and then I'll start with Smith. My friend kept telling me to start with him anyway.

zbroome

Neo Member
Watched Seasons 1-6 of the Shield in the past few weeks, about to start Season 7 if I can get off of OT. Man, idk how I never knew about this show. It's awesome

Davey Cakes

I feel like if you don't like 'Fly' then you either like the show for the wrong reasons or don't fully "get it".
Hating on "Fly" is like hating on Skyler. It's also like when someone thinks the heist episode in S5 is great but the episode after is boring.

The concepts of plot elements, buildup, and character development ("Fly" is definitely a character-driven ep) are just lost on certain viewers.

Solo

Fly was a great episode. Don't know if I'd necessarily put it on the pedestal that many here seem too, but it was a quite brilliant deconstruction of Walt and Jesse's respective mental states.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fly was a great episode. Don't know if I'd necessarily put it on the pedestal that many here seem too, but it was a quite brilliant deconstruction of Walt and Jesse's respective mental states.

Glad to see that you wound up on the right side of the argument. ;D

Holiday

Banned
Adult Swim has a ton of Space Ghost clips on their website. Check them out for a good time. I've been loling hard going through them.

big ander

its divisiveness causes people to call it either the worst or the best. it's a great bottle episode, walt's grief is showcased well. it's not #1 of the show.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Sons of Anarchy Season 4 a few minutes ago. Great season but I liked S03 better. Anyway, I just love this show.

Now I'm about to start Walking Dead S02 followed by Breaking Bad S03.

Solo

Done 3.11, which, by my math, means I am officially 50% done Breaking Bad, or 31 of 62 episodes done (although only 54 have aired so far).

2 eps to finish off the season!

its divisiveness causes people to call it either the worst or the best. it's a great bottle episode, walt's grief is showcased well. it's not #1 of the show.
Exactly. It's one of a few arguments about Breaking Bad that's escalated more than it should have over the years.

Glad you're enjoying the show, Solo.

Finished Sons of Anarchy Season 4 a few minutes ago. Great season but I liked S03 better. Anyway, I just love this show.
I put the Season 5 thread up yesterday in case you're interested.

Good man. It's a great episode, but i wouldn't hold it up there with the best the show has to offer either. Rian Johnson's fifth season episode is superior.

Mr. F

Banned
Started season 2 of Twin Peaks with my housemates. Looking forward to it (but not to the alleged disappointment).

Stalked - 4OD documentary

A man who's a LOADED mag's writer and fan of horror movies gets stalked by a woman. Gets nightmares every single night for 3 months straight. Is scared of going to prison because she might do fake rape charges.

It's thoroughly creepy and unsettling. How do you escape something like that, without moving to somewhere else?

It just confirms, no matter what gender, stalking is creepy on another level.

Solo

Finished S3. Wow, those last few episodes were amazing. And I'd give Aaron Paul an award for that final scene in the season alone. He fucking destroyed me there. Pure goosebumps. I've loved all 3 seasons, but I think that was probably the best one. Love Walt and Jesse going for broke to save their own skin.

Fry

Finished S3. Wow, those last few episodes were amazing. And I'd give Aaron Paul an award for that final scene in the season alone. He fucking destroyed me there. Pure goosebumps. I've loved all 3 seasons, but I think that was probably the best one.

YOU MIGHT WANNA HOLD OFF.

YEAH. WHY?

BECAUSE YOUR BOSS IS GONNA NEED ME.

This scene, GODDAMN. I love it.

Solo

YOU MIGHT WANNA HOLD OFF.

YEAH. WHY?

BECAUSE YOUR BOSS IS GONNA NEED ME.

This scene, GODDAMN. I love it.

Even better is when Walter says the address, and they have that shitting-in-their-pants look on their faces, and Walter replies with a baller-as-fuck "YEAH."

zero_suit

Finished S3. Wow, those last few episodes were amazing. And I'd give Aaron Paul an award for that final scene in the season alone. He fucking destroyed me there. Pure goosebumps. I've loved all 3 seasons, but I think that was probably the best one. Love Walt and Jesse going for broke to save their own skin.
Yup, S3 is the best out of all five (so far).

Solo

I also just flat out don't get the criticism that I saw a lot today in the "should I give up on BB?" thread about the show being slow. The fuck? This show is jam packed with character and plot development, and there are no filler episodes. Never once have I been bored during an episode or zoning out.

zero_suit

I also just flat out don't get the criticism that I saw a lot today in the "should I give up on BB?" thread about the show being slow. The fuck? This show is jam packed with character and plot development, and there are no filler episodes. Never once have I been bored during an episode or zoning out.
The beginning of S4 is kinda slow.

rekameohs

Banned

Season 4 has some mild filler ones in its first half, but its second half is some of the best television ever made.

I think it has to do with the family stuff early on, which I absolutely loved, but yeah, I don't really get it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Season 4 has some mild filler ones in its first half, but its second half is some of the best television ever made.

Second half has some problems as well, IMO, but is still largely great.

Me neither. I would very much like to know what shows they consider to have faster pacing.

Necrovex

Only two episodes left until I complete the first season of Fringe. It's so damn good now, since the plot is getting some attention!

Fjordson

Calling BB slow as a whole is kinda crazy, but I'm on the seventh episode of season four and I would say there have been some filler episodes. Mild filler at worst, but there's a definite shift when watching it right after the greatness of season three.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Bug and Face Off are among the greats, but in my opinion, Crawl Space IS the best episode of the series. Period. It's the moment everyone had been waiting for.

Yeah, those are some really good ones. Especially the latter one.
Salud was also really great, especially the ending. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom