• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait man, I'm too far down the track now :lol I'll be caught up tonight.

Man, this show has been a smorgasbord of Deadwood/Justified/FNL actors so far. It's great!
"nothing stops this train. Nothing"

as a true breaking bad fan you're going to need to learn how to respond in quotes.

Yeah, season 1 and 2 are fucking great. Love the show. Haven't moved on to season 3 yet.

FX loves to release these the week of, so I'll marathon season 3 (that won't be difficult) to be in line with the new seasons premiere.

Raphi made season 2 a bit of a step back for me but it still had its moments whenever he wasn't around. Love everyone in the main cast. Jenny might be the coolest chick on television.

And the shows airs with bleeps and black bars. Nice to know the Blu-Ray is uncensored.

Yeah, the ~3 episode run at the start of the season when him in a prominent role didn't work. Thinking about it now, maybe they were trying to work that Danny Devito magic, but the actor and the role didn't mesh with the show. Taco already fits the bill and he's mellow. Raffi was too "loud" and it didn't work.

Omzz

5.06.....most awkward dinner ever :lol :lol :lol :lol

I need a GIF of Jesse drinking his water in my life :lol

41ebedec0e6d1f4decf7838f2bcba647.gif

Solo

54 episodes and 10 days later, I am officially caught up with Breaking Bad. Should be one hell of a final run of 8 episodes!

The Robot Chicken DC Universe episode was quite fun. The funniest part, by far, was
the cut to Abin-Sur getting torn apart by bears.
Had me in stitches. All the Aquaman jokes were obvious (he's really not that lame!) but at least they went somewhere with it. And hey, could be worse- he could have been Firestorm.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
On episode 3 of The Wire. God dayum this show is slick while at the same time portraying a world that's all rough around the edges. It seems more realistic than Breaking Bad so far. I need to really learn the character's names though. So far I have McNulty, Stringer Bell...and yeah. Favorite character so far is the Liutenant who's all prim and proper and gets pissed off at everyone all the time (well, lots of characters are pissed off a lot in this show lol)

Fry

5.06.....most awkward dinner ever :lol :lol :lol :lol

I need a GIF of Jesse drinking his water in my life :lol

iA4626zxj4dYh.gif
i86M76mpZk2sM.gif

I'm glad you're all caught up and enjoyed it all. :D

Now, you'll suffer from an one year wait with all of us. :D

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Finished the first season of HomeLand today.

Meh... I didn't like how the first season ended.
Call from his daughter, seriously? What a cliche.

I need some other shows to watch. I'll give some reference to my tastes with some shows I've watched and enjoyed :

Boardwalk Empire
Sopranos
The Unit
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Shield
The Wire
West Wing
Newsroom
Homeland

For now I think I am going to try and figure out where I left off on Six Feet Under. I really need to finish that show.

I need some other shows to watch. I'll give some reference to my tastes with some shows I've watched and enjoyed :

Boardwalk Empire
Sopranos
The Unit
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Shield
The Wire
West Wing
Newsroom
Homeland

For now I think I am going to try and figure out where I left off on Six Feet Under. I really need to finish that show.

Doctor Who!

And how about Game of Thrones?

Boardwalk Empire
Sopranos
The Unit
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Shield
The Wire
West Wing
Newsroom
Homeland

Deadwood, Band of Brothers, Justified, Generation Kill, Rome, Carnivale, Sons of Anarchy

Tugatrix

I've seen 8 episodes of Justified, it's good but i hope it get a better story or will get boring. Newsroom is great i loving it, is very sharp, clever and funny sometimes, was a great surprise for me.

Well Band of Brothers is a miniseries, but it is also the best thing HBO has ever made.

To me it might just be the best thing anyone has ever made. I don't even try comparing it to other things because it's just way too good

I've seen 8 episodes of Justified, it's good but i hope it get a better story or will get boring. Newsroom is great i loving it, is very sharp, clever and funny sometimes, was a great surprise for me.

season 2 of Justified is a huge step up from season 1

I've seen 8 episodes of Justified, it's good but i hope it get a better story or will get boring.
I felt the same way about Justified at that point. Season 1 is largely mediocre, aside from the final few episodes. Season 2 is where it becomes worthy of praise. There's a MASSIVE leap in quality, mostly due to less procedural elements.

Necrovex

I felt the same way about Justified at that point. Season 1 is largely mediocre, aside from the final few episodes. Season 2 is where it becomes worthy of praise. There's a MASSIVE leap in quality, mostly due to less procedural elements.

Somewhat similar to Fringe in that respect.

T Dollarz

Boardwalk Empire
Sopranos
The Unit
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Shield
The Wire
West Wing
Newsroom
Homeland

Definitely Justified and Deadwood sir! And from what I hear, Friday Night Lights.

Solo

Boardwalk Empire
Sopranos
The Unit
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Shield
The Wire
West Wing
Newsroom
Homeland

DEADWOOD.

COCKSUCKER.

Word. Although sadly S3 falls back down a few pegs.

Fjordson

Starting the second to last episode of Breaking Bad S4. Holy shit, this has been great. I really don't want the season to end. Even the start of this episode is so good. The dramatic music, the
atmosphere of impending doom.
Excellent all around.

I've been holding off on Deadwood because I heard it ends awkwardly. I'll give it a shot though after Six Feet Under.
The ending isn't perfect, but the show is of such exceptionally high quality that it doesn't really matter. I'd definitely recommend Deadwood and Rome based on your list. Rome sort of ended prematurely as well, but it's worth a watch.

DietRob

The ending isn't perfect, but the show is of such exceptionally high quality that it doesn't really matter. I'd definitely recommend Deadwood and Rome based on your list. Rome sort of ended prematurely as well, but it's worth a watch.

How many Seasons is Deadwood?

Completed the first season of the eleventh doctor. Now, do I continue on the Who train, or do I board the Fringe train again? These decisions are really difficult to make.

Doctor Who will be much quicker to go through. Only one more season plus 2 episodes (3 by tomorrow) of the new season and you're all caught up. Shorter seasons too. They're qeually as good though, quality wise.

Finally got around to starting Boardwalk Empire. So good.

Awesome. Pretty much the second best show running right now. And it continues to improve.

I'm just gonna outright say that it has the best overall cast of any tv show out there. The fact that none of the supporting players get nominated is downright embarrassing.

Zigzz14

Just finished up season 1 of The Shield on a friends advice. It was great, really impressive television. Does the quality keep up for the entirety of the series?

DietRob

Just finished up season 1 of The Shield on a friends advice. It was great, really impressive television. Does the quality keep up for the entirety of the series?

I've said it before and will say it every time someone asks.

Season 5 is GOD TIER TV.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Started Luther, really good so far. Too bad the seasons are so short.

I've said it before and will say it every time someone asks.

Season 5 is GOD TIER TV.

I really need to go back and watch it. Stopped somewhere around mid season 4 or so.

Formosa

Breaking Bad = very good imo, hope they renew more seasons after next yr.

Trueblood
= waiting for the season to be over so I can watch them all at once.

Can someone let me know how good Homeland is? Does it have a lot of twists like 24? Is it more action or is it mostly talking?

I am waiting for Revolution, Area 51, The Walking Dead, and this other upcoming show that I forgot the name... It's a dark fiction show about a hospital or laboratory doing experiments on human or something. Can someone ID it for me?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Breaking Bad = very good imo, hope they renew more seasons after next yr.

Trueblood
= waiting for the season to be over so I can watch them all at once.

Can someone let me know how good Homeland is? Does it have a lot of twists like 24? Is it more action or is it mostly talking?

I am waiting for Revolution, Area 51, The Walking Dead, and this other upcoming show that I forgot the name... It's a dark fiction show about a hospital or laboratory doing experiments on human or something. Can someone ID it for me?

It's not getting renewed. There are only 8 episodes left next year, and they're the final 8 of the series.

The most recent season of True Blood, season 5, is already over. So get to it!

Homeland is good, but I haven't seen 24 so I can't compare the two. It has twists and some action, but it's mostly talking.

Coma?

Formosa

It's not getting renewed. There are only 8 episodes left next year, and they're the final 8 of the series.

The most recent season of True Blood, season 5, is already over. So get to it!

Homeland is good, but I haven't seen 24 so I can't compare the two. It has twists and some action, but it's mostly talking.

Coma?

Yes it's coma :) Is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom