• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Dollarz

I don't love or hate Michael Cera, but I will say Arrested Development was where it was easiest to tolerate him. Some genuinely funny moments involved him, too.

Michael Cera is one of my favorite characters on the show. To be honest the only character I don't really like is Buster.

big ander

We were watching that but stopped before season 1 finished I believe. It is really funny but everything Michael Cera...no thanks. :/

...it was really funny but one character (whose actor is really only hated due to internet meme groupthink) made the entire show not worth it?
Bad reasoning right there.

finished deadwood and goodamn i enjoyed that show. knowing it ended after season 3 probably changed my outlook but i felt the final episode worked incredibly well.

looking for something new, have seen most of the big stuff but haven't seen firefly. how does it stack up to, say, bsg?

Majmun

I finished watching The Walking Dead season 2 last week. I thought it was better than the first one. But it still can't touch the comics.

Yesterday I started watching Breaking Bad after getting some recommendations. The first three episodes are pretty good. There are like 5 seasons of this show? I hope they're all good...

CiSTM

Banned
Star Trek Original Series S3. Loved the first two seasons but I'm not really feeling this one, so far there has been few good episodes and others have been almost skippable.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I finished watching The Walking Dead season 2 last week. I thought it was better than the first one. But it still can't touch the comics.

Yesterday I started watching Breaking Bad after getting some recommendations. The first three episodes are pretty good. There are like 5 seasons of this show? I hope they're all good...

somebody is about to embark on a journey in which he is NEVER disappointed.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I've picked up childrens hospital (hilarious and the 5 minute thing is really pretty awesome).

going to take a look at 'strike back' as well while I wait for this 'last resort' show.

revolution concept has me interested, infact it had me really really really interested, but the pilot was not very great. I will give it at least half a season though.

Solo

I did all 5 seasons of BB in 10 days at the start of this month. It's awesome.

July 30th I made this post:

The pilot for Friends was on and I watched it, because I haven't watched that show and it's on my list. There is a moment where a character literally just says "Hi" and the laughtrack goes BWAHAHAHAHA

Fuck this shit. 2 minutes and 30 seconds and I'm done with this show. I still need a new sitcom to watch though, as all my current ones are done.

and today I finished season 10 of Friends. Funny.

Divius

Finished The Newsroom. While it was uneven I certainly enjoyed it. It had a few bad episodes but I very much enjoy Sorkin's writing.

Hell On Wheels
Amc-hell-on-wheels.jpeg

started watching it on netflix and its pretty good

Hoplatee

Started watching White Collar. Pretty fun so far though I can imagine it getting kind of dull after a few seasons. Up to episode 9 of S1 now.

Anyone able to comment on if it stays that much fun or is there some decline after a while? I only have the first 3 seasons anyway.

Started watching White Collar. Pretty fun so far though I can imagine it getting kind of dull after a few seasons. Up to episode 9 of S1 now.

Anyone able to comment on if it stays that much fun or is there some decline after a while? I only have the first 3 seasons anyway.

It stays mostly fun. There's a few sore spots here or there (whenever they have to do a SERIOUS episode), but it's mostly good all the way through. Stick with it. There's a lot of fun yet.

It's my favorite show on TV and trust me it gets better and better. I love the characters and the different plots and story lines. Keep going man!

strafer

The OC Season 4

So I decided to rewatch the finale season, while it's not the best it definitely have its moments.

But the ending scene really got me for some reason, Ryan walking through the house and then seeing a glimpse of Marissa, chokes me up.

Season 1 though, so good.

How I miss this show.

Halfway through season 3 of Fringe. If by "Best season" you people meant that every 5th episode is decent as opposed to every 8th or so, then oh my god.

On a more positive note, I started Six Feet Under and I really like what this show seems to be going for. I love the aggressive "Everything is horrible" tone it has.

Dany

Banned
BSG Season 2. Finished Pegasus and Resurrection I and II.
I REALLY hated a specific character in this arch, god damn.

Divius

Just finished Seinfeld season 7. Wow at that ending. REAL FUCKING SPOILER:
Susans death and the way the group/George deals with that, wut

Wonder what they'll do with that in s8.

Hindle

Banned
Arrested Development S2.

Yea this is something special. The writing is amazing. Certain jokes wil have you in your arse they're that funny. Especially Franklyn the black puppet lol.

CiSTM

Banned
Just finished Seinfeld season 7. Wow at that ending. REAL FUCKING SPOILER:
Susans death and the way the group/George deals with that, wut

Wonder what they'll do with that in s8.

Loved that ending :D S7 was overall really great, I might start rewatching Seinfeld today.

Anyway, I finally saw first episode of Venture Brothers and it felt like it's going to be my cup of tea so I ordered all the seasons so far released on DVD. BDs are not released here :/

Just a quick heads up that Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared are up on Netflix Instant now. Both are funny, poignant shows with great casts that are worth checking out if you haven't seen them before.

TripOpt55

Just a quick heads up that Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared are up on Netflix Instant now. Both are funny, poignant shows with great casts that are worth checking out if you haven't seen them before.

I started up Freaks and Geeks a while a go when it aired on some cable channel, but let it get away from me. Time to remedy that. Will check out Undeclared as well.

EulaCapra

Just watched ABC's new Sunday Night Holy Trinity of Once Upon a Time, Revenge, and 666 Park Avenue. First time in awhile that I actually watched something semi-live/semi-DVR since Revenge got me all excited.

Totally expected 666 Park Avenue to be American Horror Story Lite for network television, did not expect it to be a Good vs. Evil story. Great pilot IMO, although I'm not sure how they'll sustain a series without killing off either Rachael Taylor (Good) or Terry O'Quinn (Evil) by the end of the season since it seems they'll pit them against each other eventually.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The Shadow Line

Fuuuuck.

Ejiofor, Ecclestone, Rea, Rafe Spall, Robert Pugh, Tobias Menzies - so fucking good.

Yeah, this is spectacular. I watched it when it was on BBC4 last year, can't recommend it enough. Everyone should check it out. Really solid, impressive performances from all involved, a deep story, fantastic stuff.

I've not posted in here before so I'm not going to bore everyone with a list of all the shows I'm watching currently as there's so many, I'll stick to what I've found notable. I've started Game of Thrones after everyone in the world has told me how great it is. Seen one episode so far, will keep it up. Haven't read the books but I know a little about what happens to one of the characters at the end of the season because apparently no one can write a story about it without making it totally obvious what they're talking about. (SUCH A BOLD MOVE! HOW UNEXPECTED!). I've also seen one episode of Breaking Bad, so I'll need to continue with that, and I've yet to watch season 5 of The Wire which is also on my list.

Fringe is back, which is great. Have consistently enjoyed that show. Great first episode, looking forward to seeing things build to a head in the final season. Similarly Person of Interest and Castle had strong starts to the season and I'm enjoying having those back. Haven is also back, and the first two episodes have really left me wondering what happened to the show. It's been pretty bad. Hopefully some real meat will come into the storyline because it seems like SyFy original series are few and far between these days.

I also watched 666 Park Avenue. Surprised there's not more talk about it on here (this thread or elsewhere), thought it was decent but I'm giving it a few episodes to see where it goes. I'm only watching it because of Terry O'Quinn anyway. Like EulaCapra said though I'm not sure what the ultimate drive of the show will be other than those two characters facing off against each other.

Adventure Time, NTSF:SD:SUV:: and Childrens Hospital all continue to be awesome as usual.

Sielys

I'm watching Fringe right now. I'm just over halfway through the first season, and I really like it so far. It reminds me a lot of the X-Files.

So my cousin gave me the box set of the sheild to watch. Im about 5 episodes into the first season and I just feel pretty meh about it. Is it supposed to get better or is this show just not for me?

Also started watching white collar last night and found the pilot enjoyable.

An-Det

I finished The Wire Season 3 tonight.

I marathoned the last five episodes of it, such a fantastic show. Everything I've heard says that Season 4 is the best season, so I cant wait to start it. I think my only complaint with the show (if you can call it that) is that too much happens, so at times I've found myself reading the Wikipedia page for some episodes to make sure I got it all.

I got on the Homeland train recently. I'm enjoying most of it, and am on episode 8 or so.

It's weird because it started off sober and serious but is getting more and more pulpy as it goes on. Not sure I will stay with it if the trend continues.

TripOpt55

I just started Damages Season 4. So many new additions to Netflix for TV shows. I have a lot to work through on there. Also got Sons of Anarchy Season 4 last week on DVD and am still working on Suburgatory.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
First season of The Shield. Really liked it. Mackey is an interesting character to say the least. My favorite line :
(on what to do with Rondell) "Tell him it's safe to go home. Then we let the street take care of it."
How dirty can a cop get?

This looks pretty cool, can you give a better description than I can find on the web?

Its about a guy that was in the Confederate army and his wife get murdered by some guys. Now hes trying to find them/kill them and he ends up working for some guy thats working on a railroad(called Hell On Wheels) thats going to the west.

Ashe

Neo Member
I'm so late but I recently started watching Breaking Bad and watched the first 2 seasons in the span of 48 hours.

I can't believe it took me so long to finally watch it but I'm glad I did.
Just another show I can add to the list now.

RhombusPrime

Neo Member
I just finished the 3 seasons of The Inbetweeners and the movie and was surprisingly pretty entertained. There wasn't really any character development to speak of throughout but overall I definitely enjoyed it.

I watched one episode of the US version and... Wow, why in the world would anyone think that was a good idea...

Jay Sosa

Watched the first season of the original Wilfred, what a great concept and the owner is smoking hot. Loved the ending.

Also went back to watch Dr. Who (4.Season) and really enjoy it (stopped watching cause it got worse and worse)

Started the first season of Luther and am honestly a bit disappointed that it's 'just' a detective show. Elba is obviously outstanding but I expected something different.

Managed to watch 2 minutes of the new Office season (that's a new record) before turning it off and scratching my head in disbelief how a show once that good can get that bad.

Other than that laughing my ass off almost every day thanks to Craig Ferguson and Stephen Colbert. Wasn't to keen on the new studio but the show stayed the same so it doesn't matter. Thank god they quickly scrapped that Rhino character and turned it into Beth (which isn't too funny either but at least is nice to look at).

And finally I'm so freaking happy that Supernatural finally returns. Really missed that show.

Oh and since I recently discovered the greatest author (and probably
most awesome human being) Carl Sagan I was delighted to find out he made a show based on Cosmos. It obviously is a bit dated but nonetheless an amazing series.

Is there any other show on astronomy (or science in general) that's as informative and entertaining?

dorkimoe

Can anyone tell me if Jericho is worth watching? Just heard about this and the concept seems awesome. Only 2 seasons? Worth it? Or falling skies?

Can anyone tell me if Jericho is worth watching? Just heard about this and the concept seems awesome. Only 2 seasons? Worth it?

I personally thought it was really good. I like post-apocalyptic type shows a lot though, and I know some friends who didn't care for it.

As for shows I've watched recently:

The Wire - Re-watched the entire series. I hadn't seen seasons 2-4 in years, still my favorite show.

Newsroom - I really enjoyed this show, I can't wait for the second season.

Hell on Wheels -I thought this was good considering I'm not hugely into western stuff

Strike Back - Just finished this a little while ago and thought it was a great action show. Reminded me a lot of 24.

I am also currently watch Boardwalk Empire season 3 and catching up on Spartacus season "3"

Can anyone tell me if Jericho is worth watching? Just heard about this and the concept seems awesome. Only 2 seasons? Worth it? Or falling skies?

One of my favourites. It starts off a little shaky but once it finds its footing it's excellent tv, takes lots of unexpected and awesome turns. It ended surprisingly well too, I'd definitely suggest checking out the first couple of eps at least.

dorkimoe

Thanks. I am into the post apocalyptic stuff too so once I heard the plot. I'll start it now. Woo

Edit. Oh fuck. I'm watching the pilot and omg
that fucking pen in the throat

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Near the end of The Shield s3 and some sick stuff has happened,
Aceveda sucking dick and Dutch choking a cat
:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom