• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
On episode 4 of Jericho. I know this show got cancelled...twice. But do I get a proper ending? Or am I going to be mad? And do they explain the black man?

It's pretty good

I think I've rewatched the whole series 3 times now...wonder how long before my next rewatch.

Bladenic

I would but the cast is obnoxious. The blonde girl from that molested Brett on Flight of the Conchords and the Wayans are alright. Everyone else sucks.

This makes me sad :(

The first season of the show wasn't all that great at first but it gets much better, as does the show in later seasons. I love the cast at this point. Oh well.

TCRS

Banned
Just watched Sons of Anarchy S04E06

holy shit... oh god this is not going to end well.. fuck...

I just love this show.

inm8num2

Just watched Sons of Anarchy S04E06

holy shit... oh god this is not going to end well.. fuck...

I just love this show.

Wait until episode 10. Shit is even crazier in that episode. And basically gets more and more crazy until the end of season 5.

Hoplatee

Finished Damages.

Nice show for what it is. The added swearing after season 4 was a bit overkill (though it makes sense in that case) but no real bad things to say about it really. Enjoyed my time with it a lot. Weirdly enough I'd consider the last season to be one of the worst - still good though.

Ellen gets all kinds of cuter as time passes on too!

Been making my way through season one of 24, and I think watching the episodes in bunches like I've been doing is way more entertaining than if I'd been following along during it's run on TV. There's a "just one more episode" thing happening here mixed with the real time format of the show that makes it perfect for blazing through episodes.

big ander

Been making my way through season one of 24, and I think watching the episodes in bunches like I've been doing is way more entertaining than if I'd been following along during it's run on TV. There's a "just one more episode" thing happening here mixed with the real time format of the show that makes it perfect for blazing through episodes.
It definitely has that. I watched seasons 1-5 on DVD in 2 or 3 or 4 episode chunks. Seasons 6+7 got rough watching week to week and I eventually gave up in season 8. Still need to finish.

Fry

Yep, it definitely makes the experience more pleasant. I watched the entire show in a row, in less than two months. It was fantastic.

Omzz

Just started watching The Shield and only 2 episodes in. I think it's fucking great so far. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds.

iNvid02

Just started watching The Shield and only 2 episodes in. I think it's fucking great so far. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds.

8TKlj.gif

Snake

Just finished A Touch of Cloth.

Was pretty skeptical of it after watching the trailer, but a friend insisted that I see it and boy was he right. Much funnier than I was expecting, with only a few weak gags near the beginning. And while having a background in British television/culture helps, I don't think it's essential.

Even if it's not someone's particular cup of tea it's only two episodes, so not a huge investment in time.

Davey Cakes

Finally started Battlestar Galactica. Watched the mini series plus the first five episodes of season 1. Good stuff. I'm already starting to like the characters.

Coming off of Star Trek and Babylon 5, it's not hard for me to enjoy this type of show.

Finally started Battlestar Galactica. Watched the mini series plus the first five episodes of season 1. Good stuff. I'm already starting to like the characters.

Coming off of Star Trek and Babylon 5, it's not hard for me to enjoy this type of show.

Best tv soundtrack of all time too. It gets better and better. Season 3's especially can stand up to some of my favourite film scores even

I just finished the first four seasons of Sons of Anarchy. It's a fun and enjoyable show but hooly shit this has the worst season finales of all time. Absolutely every season finale of this show ends up with some bullshit convenient copout to set up the next season. It's now literally led to such lowered stakes for these characters that I'm not even worried for them anymore. Get writers with balls please

Been watching Oz for the first time in like 10 years. This was the show that got me started on HBO series way back then. It's definitely pretty dated now. A lot of the writing is cheesy and the acting is pretty inconsistent, but it's still awesome and really addictive. The internet needs more Adebisi gifs.

adebisi-shimmy-oiviyi.gif

adebisi-gif-015e2n.gif

adebisi-titsmxuve.gif

Sepinwall's book pushed me to start watching this show again actually, after this i'll probably watch The Sopranos and then maybe Six Feet Under because I haven't seen those in a really long time either

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just finished watching Showtime's United States of Tara (it's on Netflix!). I thought it was a really great show. Toni Collette is just phenomenal, flawlessly juggling 3+ (very different) characters in every episode, and the supporting cast is quite good too (outside of John Corbett *shudder*). I thought the first season struck a good balance between comedy and drama, with the second season leaning a little more on the comedy side of things, and the third season leaning more towards drama, and though I found the tonal shifts to be a little jarring, each season ultimately worked well in its own right. Dissociative Identity Disorder is a fascinating subject for a TV show (or movie) to be based around, and I think the show handled the material well, taking the subject seriously and not just using it superficially as a background for a dramedy.

The show was cancelled in it's third season, but the season finale worked exceptionally well as a series finale.

I definitely recommend it.

Fry

Been watching some of the shows I've been putting off for a while:

Episodes in the middle of season two, liking it so far. Season one was surprisingly good, the show has kept quality. The best thing about it are the characters, especially Matt and Carol.

House didn't finish S8 at the time, still have 9 episodes to go. I guess it'll serve for some nostalgia. The season is better than the couple last ones, from what I can rememeber.

Game of Thrones have about 4 episodes to see. And about 8 Suits episodes. Both are lovely, lovely shows. GoT could be better, though.

After I'm caught up with these 4, I'll start Boardwalk Empire (even if I know who's the major character that dies
in the end of S2.
), or Mad Men, which I have always disliked and haven't been able to get into, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

Formosa

I really hated S1 of 24, and then I started to love it after the first season.

Jay Sosa

Rewatching AD for the x time.

So great..a bit embarrassed It took me so long to get some of the obvious jokes like when Michael plans to confess his feelings to Martha, the phone rings, she picks up and says "Job has been stabbed in the back". So goddamn genius.

And almost made it though an entire minute of 2 broke girls and Happy Endings. Almost.

A trick is something a whore does for money.

Oh and the first Martha is the hottest one.

American Horror Story.

American-horror-story-asylum-lily-rabe-shot-e1346367291678-thumb-550x309-54668.jpeg

Yum. What a total amalgamation of every horror trope ever. It's just two seasons of "let's throw shit at the wall, and use ALL of it!"

It's just ridiculous scene after ridiculous scene.

Joni

Watched through all nine seasons of Scrubs. I really enjoyed the show, and especially the series finale at the end of 8. Season 9 was still fun due to the changed dynamic, but it lacked punch and an ending. Really glad I bought that boxset. On to Heroes.

Watched through all nine seasons of Scrubs. I really enjoyed the show, and especially the series finale at the end of 8. Season 9 was still fun due to the changed dynamic, but it lacked punch and an ending. Really glad I bought that boxset. On to Heroes.

There was/is something so soothing about that show. It just makes real world problems dissolve as you watch JD and Turks antics. Even when they deal with deep shit, the show just handles the drama as well as the comedy.

The Dr. Cox/JD episodes were great.

tumblr_lzzj60TM4O1r57zwvo1_500.gif

Empty

Episode 3 of Luck was a huge snooze fest.

make sure you watch episode four. it's the first great one since the pilot, and the race scene in particular is amazing.

i like episode three though. the scene where the group of gamblers get the horse is wonderful.

awm8604

Banned
Finished season 6 of Burn Notice. Probably my favorite season since the beginning. Really looking forward to Season 7.

Recently started the 3rd season of The Wire. Fantastic, fantastic show. I understand the hype I read before starting it. Everytime Idris Elba is on screen is reminds me of the wait for Luther to return.

Starting The X-Files from the beginning with my fiancee who's never seen most of the episodes. It was my favorite show growing up so I've seen all of them multiple times, but still enjoy them. Can't believe it's almost 20 years old.

And Fringe. Oh, glorious Fringe. So sad it's coming to an end, but it is hard to complain about getting 5 seasons. Luckily it's going out with a bang.

make sure you watch episode four. it's the first great one since the pilot, and the race scene in particular is amazing.

i like episode three though. the scene where the group of gamblers get the horse is wonderful.

Oh I'll be watching the whole season. I'm not one to crap out on a series because of a slow episode lol

Vert boil

Finished Season 4 of Adventure Time today.

Beemo in BMO Noire.. so adorable.

Also finished season 1 of Babylon 5 today. Glad I decided to rewatch B5 instead of DS9.

assdqq6x.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers
I've been plowing through Futurama the past week. I'm just about to hit Season/Volume 4.

Taking a break from that though and watching the South Park Christmas episodes now.

zoukka

Watched Deadwood as a whole and it became one of my favourite shows ever. So tight and packed with meaty writing and characters. A lot of humanity too which is something that's missing from most modern tv-shows imo.

Aso started Breaking Bad. It's a weird show for sure. So far enjoying it quite a bit.

goodfella

Watching season one of New Girl.

As expected, the show started off terribly, but I had been told that it picks up. Well I think I've hit that point at around episode 5. The show had absolutely no funny moments prior to that though. Weird.

Also tried out It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Not enjoying it at all really, just seems like a bad show in most aspects, bad characters, poor stories, shit jokes. The acting is good though, considering the quality of the writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom