• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorkimoe

Ashhong said:
true blood should come before studio 60 and most likely my boys.

first season of Dollhouse is done.

entourage? californication? kings (*tear)?

seen all entourage. Also have how i met your mother in the backjam

tonight i need to finish catching up rescue me, or season 3 of friday night lights

so many, but definitely going to grab true blood and dollhouse. At least the first 3 episodes each, gives me enough to know

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Thanks to Hulu I've been watching Roswell. You know, that show that was on The WB back in 1999. Only seen the first two episodes, but I really like it. The characters jump to some pretty crazy conclusions in ep2 for no reason, but it's still fun.

gdt5016 said:
Lol, so much of early S1-era Angel screams "late 90's."

Oh, well, can't wait to get into the meat of the show.

No doubt, Season 1 has some pretty weak episodes. But stick with it, there are some real standouts in there. Pretty much anytime someone from Buffy makes a guest appearance in S1, its good. And the season finale was fantastic.

gdt

Grizzlyjin said:
Thanks to Hulu I've been watching Roswell. You know, that show that was on The WB back in 1999. Only seen the first two episodes, but I really like it. The characters jump to some pretty crazy conclusions in ep2 for no reason, but it's still fun.

No doubt, Season 1 has some pretty weak episodes. But stick with it, there are some real standouts in there. Pretty much anytime someone from Buffy makes a guest appearance in S1, its good. And the season finale was fantastic.

You don't have to tell me. Angel is one of my favorite shows ever. I know the dealeo, yo.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
gdt5016 said:
You don't have to tell me. Angel is one of my favorite shows ever. I know the dealeo, yo.

Oh ok, you're rewatching. :lol

I was doing the same thing last year. S1 Wesley is hard to watch when you know how badass he becomes later on.

Kastro

Banned
GAF doesn't seem real big on Sopranos for some reason.. I dunno, I loved it. It wasn't something that compelled me.. it wasn't a show I had to watch new episodes immediately, but it was very enjoyable whenever I threw it on. Something about the tone and pacing of it was relaxing to me.

Thanks to this thread I have been watch Burn Notice and love it!

Also have been watching earlier episodes of The L Word. I enjoy the storyline and it helps there's lots of naked women in it. :lol

Meliorism

I finished season 3 of FNL. I would always look at this thread, but I guess I never realized how much of it was used to discuss the show.

I got to like page 8 (100 posts) and want to continue reading everyone's comments, but I'm gonna stop for now.

Even though I was kinda grumbling about the football stuff earlier because I'm a Texas kid that grew up with 5A football in high school, I still really dug the season 3 stuff with it.

Them losing in the state championship kinda surprised me. It'll be interesting to see Eric face off against McCoy/Aikman as the coach of the East Dillon Lions (because we know he's gonna take that job).

I'm curious to see what Matt plans to do for college since he seems to want to remain in Dillon with his grandma and Julie. I guess Dillon Tech is gonna be brought up as it was with Tyra in one episode. And speaking of Tyra, is she gonna commit to UT? And will Landry go there as well?

The most important part of the show to me and I would imagine many others has always been the relationship between Eric and Tami Taylor. I love those characters to death, and it honestly kinda makes me wish that I had parents like that. That might be shitty thinking and not a very nice thing to say. I mean, I love my parents, but they're not like the Taylors. I guess it's kinda silly, though, to try and compare my parents to parents from a TV show. Sorry for getting a little off track there.

What I wanna say is that I really do enjoy the show a lot, and I'm glad that I checked out this topic so that I could officially watch it. I look forward to seeing season 4 with the rest of yall.

altaz

Neo Member
Just finished watching Season 3 of FNL, wasn't bad, not as good as the first, but better than the second. Wished they introduced a few more new characters though. Tyra, Tim, and Lyla are getting a bit boring now. Now i'm thinking what next, with the summer slump in good new TV shows i guess it's time to catch up. I'm thinking CSI, True Blood or Breaking Bad....

Akia

I just finished Season 1 of Friday Night Lights for the first time.

Man this show is soooo amazing. I love the characters and the relationship between the coach and his wife.

gdt

Lets see...

Finished S1 of Angel. Great finale, and now it's on to the real meat of the show.

Re-watching FNL for the third time, and new FNL fans should discuss the show

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361869 <-- there.

Also watching LOST again, in the Re-Watch thread.

Will dig into some new stuff very soon.

altaz said:
Just finished watching Season 3 of FNL, wasn't bad, not as good as the first, but better than the second. Wished they introduced a few more new characters though. Tyra, Tim, and Lyla are getting a bit boring now. Now i'm thinking what next, with the summer slump in good new TV shows i guess it's time to catch up. I'm thinking CSI, True Blood or Breaking Bad...

Oh and come on, I love S1, but S3 blows it out of the water.

Tucah

you speak so well
I just finished Chuck season 1 - enjoyed it a lot. Not one of my favorite shows by any means, but definitely a fun ride with some good characters. Looking forward to seeing season 2, and I'm glad it got picked up for a third.

gdt

Tucah said:
I just finished Chuck season 1 - enjoyed it a lot. Not one of my favorite shows by any means, but definitely a fun ride with some good characters. Looking forward to seeing season 2, and I'm glad it got picked up for a third.

S2 of Chuck is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the already good S1.

S2 is pretty damn perfect.

Just started S2 of Angel, and the capture/screen/picture is much, MUCH better than S1's.

Tucah

you speak so well
gdt5016 said:
S2 of Chuck is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the already good S1.

S2 is pretty damn perfect.

Just started S2 of Angel, and the capture/screen/picture is much, MUCH better than S1's.

Good to hear that s2's better. My sister told me the opposite, but she's crazy.

I've never seen Angel despite loving Joss Whedon and Buffy, so I think that might be next on my list.

gdt

Tucah said:
Good to hear that s2's better. My sister told me the opposite, but she's crazy.

I've never seen Angel despite loving Joss Whedon and Buffy, so I think that might be next on my list.

I dig Buffy, but Angel is the MUCH better show.

Tucah

you speak so well
gdt5016 said:
I dig Buffy, but Angel is the MUCH better show.

I've heard this many times before and have no idea why I never got around to watching Angel (especially I've been following Buffy since the 2nd or 3rd season was airing)

gdt

Lol, I'm watching Angel S2, and I've seen a couple of widescreen/4:3 gaffes.

For example in episode 3, you can clearly see Darla's nipple sticky things.

dorkimoe

Akia said:
I just finished Season 1 of Friday Night Lights for the first time.

Man this show is soooo amazing. I love the characters and the relationship between the coach and his wife.

yeah i watched all 3 seasons this month

season 2 had some really stupid ass parts, but still good.

on the last 2 eps of season 3 right now

after this i think its time for studio 60, maybe breaking bad

i need a comedy

bjaelke

I started watching Burn Notice after someone recommended it to me in this thread. Really great show that reminds me a lot of Chuck - just less geeky. Story seems to be better (keep in mind that I'm only 5 episodes in) and so does the action + girls are also smoking hot. I also prefer the humour although it's less subtle than Chuck's.

Memles

bjaelke said:
I started watching Burn Notice after someone recommended it to me in this thread. Really great show that reminds me a lot of Chuck - just less geeky. Story seems to be better (keep in mind that I'm only 5 episodes in) and so does the action + girls are also smoking hot. I also prefer the humour although it's less subtle than Chuck's.

Wait until you get to Season 2 - while Chuck's second season rise is more heavily documented, I would actually argue that Burn Notice's surprised me more. Show got DAMN good in ways that I wouldn't have expected, especially when the end of Season 2 presents a scenario which could see the show go off the rails.

Good luck catching up before the premiere in a couple of weeks!

Decado

Memles said:
Wait until you get to Season 2 - while Chuck's second season rise is more heavily documented, I would actually argue that Burn Notice's surprised me more. Show got DAMN good in ways that I wouldn't have expected, especially when the end of Season 2 presents a scenario which could see the show go off the rails.

Good luck catching up before the premiere in a couple of weeks!
I love the show...but it has lost the edge presented in the early episodes. Completely goody-two-shoes and that scrawny chick is also dragging the show down a bit.

Still looking forward to S3.

element

I'm going through Law & Order: SVU on Netflix streaming right now.

bjaelke said:
i finished season 1 and 2 of Burn Notice. It is pretty fun show.

i havnt seen it in a while but i do miss it

My family
b006xj32_314_176.jpg

does anyobody know where i can watch this?

gdt

Oh, I forgot to keep writing about Angel.

I finished S2, and it was a million times better than S1. Really nice to see the serialization ramp up, and it got funnier and much darker to boot. A good chunk into S3.

Finally started up FNL S3. Soooooo good. Watched the first four episodes this morning.

J.D. and his family have been annoying so far - though I suppose that's kind of the point. Hope they get around to developing them a little better as the season continues.

Poor Saracen - that kid rarely catches a break, though things are looking a little bit up now.

The coda for Smash was amazing. My favorite part so far. Drinking on the field again and that big smile. :D

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Cornballer said:
Finally started up FNL S3. Soooooo good. Watched the first four episodes this morning.

The coda for Smash was amazing. My favorite part so far. Drinking on the field again and that big smile. :D
SO GOOD.

gdt

Cornballer said:

J.D. and his family have been annoying so far - though I suppose that's kind of the point. Hope they get around to developing them a little better as the season continues.

Poor Saracen - that kid rarely catches a break, though things are looking a little bit up now.

Soooooooooo good.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Halfway through Season 2 of FNL. It's not as great as Season 1, but still overall a good season.

dorkimoe

anyone have any other good shows similar to FNL?

I want something with drama/comedy/serious but nothing like over the top drama. Just like real life stuff.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
In the past week, I've watched the 3 1/2 seasons of Battlestar Galactica.

I think its one of my favorite shows ever now.

dorkimoe

Blader5489 said:
I just watched the first episode of Dexter. It was fantastic, felt a lot like American Psycho.

oh man i hated it at first . I was like "i dont really care for this character" by the end of the season its just crazy

good character development

dorkimoe said:
anyone have any other good shows similar to FNL?

I want something with drama/comedy/serious but nothing like over the top drama. Just like real life stuff.
Maybe Freaks & Geeks, Mad Men, or Californication? I'm struggling to find any that fit that particular mold. It's a unique show and sets a high bar.

Meier

Went through all of Party Down yesterday. Literally 5 hours of it back to back to back (7 more times). Loved every minute of it. It was so nice seeing the VM gang back together again. :D

dorkimoe

Cornballer said:
Maybe Freaks & Geeks, Mad Men, or Californication? I'm struggling to find any that fit that particular mold. It's a unique show and sets a high bar.

saw all freaks and geeks. Im going to try the first 2 episodes of mad men

MMaRsu

dorkimoe said:
watched episode 1 and was like eh dont care, ill try again

Ehh yeah you need to keep watching. You rarely become instantly hooked on a tv show after one episode ( at least that's the way it is with me ).

Tucah

you speak so well
Chuck Season 2:

Still good. My views on the show didn't really change - sure, this season was better than the previous season, but I still wouldn't rank it among my favorites quite yet, maybe it needs more time? The season end cliffhanger makes me hopeful the third season will make me care more about the show, but I think most of my problems is that while I love the main three characters, I don't care for the supporting cast (basically the whole Buy More crew). Lots of fun spy adventures though and I liked the multiple episode arc at the end of the season.

Now the tough decision of what to watch next. Breaking Bad, Angel and Mad Men are all on this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom