• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Not nearly enough people in this thread watching The Shield or Breaking Bad. Come on people! These are the essentials, stop pissing around with Entourage and shit and get to the quality.

Darkky

Replicant said:
2v9x6bb.png

Such an intriguing show. It reminds me of "X-Files" except that it has a more science bent about it. I'm only 3 episodes down to the finale.

I liked this show quite a bit, especially how the plot unfolded as the episodes progressed.

RefigeKru said:
10 episodes into the first series of Dexter.

I'm in love.

It's fantastic. I was hooked to the end of the first season. The second was good, but it didn't feel as tense as the first. It's still very good, and Micheal C. Hall is fantastic (and so damn charming).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Watched the first couple episodes of The Philanthropist the other day. Absolutely love it so far.

Of course it helps that I'm a big fan of James Purefoy.

Salazar

Duderz said:
Started Band of Brothers tonight. I've heard nothing but great things, so I'm excited. :D

Some of the soundtrack flourishes, not to mention the title, are a wonderful lift from Henry V (Shakespeare, Branagh). There is also a scene in which a soldier slides down into a trench, under heavy fire, that brilliantly recalls the conference about the mines at the siege of Harfleur. I think that's what sealed the deal.

By the time you are a few episodes in, the title music will have you choking up. You don't just empathise with the characters - you build camaraderie.

I'm onto season 4 of The Wire... goddamn fucking incredible. Best character writing in a TV show bar none. Best TV show ever? Yeah, i think so.

I also got my mum, dad and brother hooked and watching it due to my incessant praise. Most of our conversations have been The Wire related for the last few weeks. :lol Hopefully i can get my sister watching it at a later date.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Spotless Mind said:
I'm onto season 4 of The Wire... goddamn fucking incredible. Best character writing in a TV show bar none. Best TV show ever? Yeah, i think so.

I also got my mum, dad and brother hooked and watching it due to my incessant praise. Most of our conversations have been The Wire related for the last few weeks. :lol Hopefully i can get my sister watching it at a later date.
lol, i hope i can get my mum and dad to watch it, when i start watching the first season next week. Since they like homicide life on street i'm sure they'll like it.:)
And @ the above post, i wonder if it will compare to FNL for me, since that show bar none has the best character writing in a television drama ever.:D

Robin

Duderz said:
Started Band of Brothers tonight. I've heard nothing but great things, so I'm excited. :D
I wish I could watch BoB for the first time again. It is still great on repeat viewings though.

I'm currently watching Mad Men season 1 and I'm enjoying it so far. However sometimes I'm only interested in Don Draper as the other guys aren't that fascinating to me.

Costanza said:
by the end, you're going to be more angry about NBC canceling this show than you were about journeyman :(

Wait! The show is already cancelled....? Fuck :(

I think I will continue anyway, really liked the first episode

PS: Burn in hell NBC! IN HELL!!!!

Costanza

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
Wait! The show is already cancelled....? Fuck :(

I think I will continue anyway, really liked the first episode

PS: Burn in hell NBC! IN HELL!!!!
Dude, they aired 3 episodes. Moved it to Saturday. Aired 1 episode. Then aired the rest of the episodes like 3 months later. It was so fucking infuriating.

Never "officially" canceled, though. It's just assumed.

Costanza said:
Dude, they aired 3 episodes. Moved it to Saturday. Aired 1 episode. Then aired the rest of the episodes like 3 months later. It was so fucking infuriating.

Never "officially" canceled, though. It's just assumed.

I had no idea about the crazy scheduling stuff as I live in Ireland, and the show is only up to episode 5 (I started watching my DVR'd episodes today)

The show now airs at 1:15AM here though (moved from 10PM), so I guess that should have hinted something was not quite right :(

Jasoco

Banned
pringles said:
30 rock I'm guessing.
How many other TV shows about specific addresses in New York are there?

That is the correct answer. And I found the latest recent LTTP thread. I'll be bumping it shortly. :D

dorkimoe

Watching drew carey now because I needed a comedy. Started the wire and it's good but it's also very slow

so I ask you gaf...should I

1- keep with the wire and finish the season Im on episode like 6 or 7

2- start sopranos

3- watch deadwood. I watched 2 episodes and it was ok. Kinda boring. After watching shows like entoruage and fnl. I'm spoiled by having shows that actually progress and pull me in.

Jasoco

Banned
Seriously.. I've been trying to think of some. Are there other TV shows named after addresses in NYC? Something tells me theres gotta be at least a couple..... maybe?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
30 ROCK is the obvious one

i thought maybe 21 JUMP STREET was also set in nyc but it was apparently a fictitious city

BROOKLYN BRIDGE was a show in the early nineties apparently

BROOKLYN SOUTH only had one season

. . . but it has to be 30 ROCK

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
dorkimoe said:
Watching drew carey now because I needed a comedy. Started the wire and it's good but it's also very slow

so I ask you gaf...should I

1- keep with the wire and finish the season Im on episode like 6 or 7

2- start sopranos

3- watch deadwood. I watched 2 episodes and it was ok. Kinda boring. After watching shows like entoruage and fnl. I'm spoiled by having shows that actually progress and pull me in.
Watch two more episodes of deadwood and see if it grabs you, i felt exactly the same way when i watched the first three episodes.
But it really picked up from episode 4 and onwards.

Bishman

19 episodes into Heroes season 1.

Where the f was I when it was on TV? I really felt like I missed out when the buzz was at a all time high. I'm enjoying season 1. The show is real addictive.

Kukuk

Banned
I haven't watched much TV lately. Summer shows suck ass. I'm waiting for House to come back, the new season looks excellent. Ever since the first season I was waiting for House to go crazy. :D

Bishman said:

Where the f was I when it was on TV? I really felt like I missed out when the buzz was at a all time high. I'm enjoying season 1. The show is real addictive.

I wouldn't bother with the following seasons. They made me hate the show, and I really enjoyed the first season.

mosaic

go eat paint
Bishman said:

If you skip Season 2, you'll probably segue into 3 without missing too much and continuing thinking it's mega-awesome stuff.

If you watch Season 2. . . just keep the faith...

Finished "Freaks and Geeks" recently. So awesome. About halfway through Undeclared right now. Not quite as awesome.

Also just finished Season 3 of the Wire. This is one of the few shows that has actually lived up to the hype.

Mr_Kitty_Fantastico said:
Finished "Freaks and Geeks" recently. So awesome. About halfway through Undeclared right now. Not quite as awesome.

freaks and geeks is one of my all time favs. i saw all of undeclared last year its nothing special like i can understand a fan of F&G checking it out but its pretty average.

finished all seasons of brotherhood recently. there are three seasons first one is the best and last one is the worst. the first two seasons are on streaming netflix.

about to start the wire for the first time

goldenticket said:
freaks and geeks is one of my all time favs. i saw all of undeclared last year its nothing special like i can understand a fan of F&G checking it out but its pretty average.

Jason Seigel is awesome in it, but other than him I find the rest of the cast to be pretty lame. Even Rogen.

The
Adam Sandler
episode was pretty good, though.

Mr_Kitty_Fantastico said:
Jason Seigel is awesome in it, but other than him I find the rest of the cast to be pretty lame. Even Rogen.

The
Adam Sandler
episode was pretty good, though.
How could you not like James Franco?

Balboa

Just finished Kings yesterday and was hyped for season 2 until this morning when I read that it was cancelled, can't believe this shit

Memles

CajoleJuice said:
New Mad Men avatar get.

beelze, I almost picked the same tie.

I went Bowtie - you only magically transform into a dude from the 60s once.

As for TV I've been watching, recently went through Band of Brothers for the first time. Although I don't have a real affinity for war stories, it was mighty compelling.

I just finished the one and only season of Freaks and Geeks and absolutely loved it. I had seen a couple of the episodes here and there beforehand but to piece it all together was a great TV watching experience. Great show, but sad to see so much potential unfulfilled. Bill and Lindsey will always have a special place in my TV heart.

Currently I am about 8 episodes in to the first season of Sports Night. Another one of those shows that I watched some when it originally aired, so I knew I was going to like it. However, I also forgot how great this show was, and am only anticipating it getting better.

Ceres

Banned
CavemanLawyer said:
I just finished the one and only season of Freaks and Geeks and absolutely loved it. I had seen a couple of the episodes here and there beforehand but to piece it all together was a great TV watching experience. Great show, but sad to see so much potential unfulfilled. Bill and Lindsey will always have a special place in my TV heart.

I kind of hope that one day Apatow will get the entire gang back together for one movie even if it's not a true sequel to the tv show.
Right now I can almost see Jason Segel's character in I Love You Man being the future Nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom