• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

bathala

Banned
King of the Hill

General: "i heard you're good with computer"
Khan: "yes"
General: "put mp3 in my watch. Talk show and Frank Sinatra"
Khan: "it doesn't work like that"
General: " drag and drop!!" :lol

JasonS said:
Watching the Sopranos - about halfway through season 2.

Enjoy it man! One of my favorite TV series.

Although I already watched these in the past, I'm watching the Band of Brothers series again. I just love it so so much. I'm so upset that I wont be able to watch the Pacific since I dont have HBO here. :(

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Sopranos Season 1
The Ultimate Fighter Season 7
Finished all Deadwood, excellent show.

Weekly doin True Blood, Hung, Better of Ted, The Goode Family, Nurse Jackie, Kings.... think thats bout it.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Ashhong said:
i got no payoff from wire season 2. what payoff was there for you guys?

What exactly were you looking for? I think the point of Season Two, much like the entire series, is that
there are individual victories, but overall nothing changes.

Ashhong

BorkBork said:
What exactly were you looking for? I think the point of Season Two, much like the entire series, is that
there are individual victories, but overall nothing changes.

i dont know really. people just say that there is a big payoff at the end of the seasons, and so far for S1 and 2, the endings have just been whatever. i dont know, i guess im just not loving the show like i thought i would. its very good, just not what i expected.

Eagle 209

Banned
Got hooked on NCIS this spring. Bought all 5 seasons out on DVD.

The characters are endearing and the acting is top-notch--not the wooden crime fighters I have been watching for years on Law and Order, CSI, etc. Good mix of humor, crime, drama and action. Better than those more science oriented shows like CSI (which I also like).

I just can't get enough of it. And now USA plays it on weekdays too!

Duki

Banned
I'm watching the Wire too (up to season three) and I couldn't disagree more.

In the first season, where the raids happen earlier than they should have, and they have to leave Stringer? Fucking great. And McNulty is all, catch you later, and Dee is all in prison, and Avon is put away, and McNulty is on the boat, and Stringer is all "nicely done." All of that was great. And it closes with Omar coming back.

Then in the second, Sobotka dying, Ziggy shooting up a storm, the Greek and his henchman escaping, and Niko basically losing his life as he knows it, the Union getting shat on and then the handshake between Stringer and Propjo in the car. So good.

So much good stuff there.

ILOVEASIANS said:
Just started watching Dexter. I'm 4 episodes into season 2. I'm enjoying season 2 but not quite as much as I did season 1.

I thought the whole Ice Truck Killer reveal was pretty obvious, but I still shit my pants during the finale when they revealed Dexter and Rudy were brothers. Didn't see that coming in the slightest.

I think the reason I like it so much is because it's such a change of pace from the last show I watched, The Wire. In The Wire, you had to wait a long time for the payoff, but in Dexter, there are small payoffs in each episode as well as the over arching main storyline. I love both, but both have different things to offer.

I just blew through the first two seasons of Dexter way too fast on Netflix instant stream, this show is awesome.

While I preferred season 1 overall, mostly because I felt a lot of the plot elements introduced in season 2 took away from why I liked Dex's character so much in season 1, the end of season 2 has to be among the craziest damn things I've ever seen. It is awesome.

Anyway, I'm waiting to hit the first episode of Michael and Michael Have Issues off of my DVR, and other than that I'm unsure of where to go next. Might head over to the anime front for a little until a new show jumps out at me.

Edit: Oh wait, I just remembered Flight of the Conchords season 2 comes out on DVD soon. I'm pumped for that.

Solo

I havent watched any TV since the last episodes of my shows aired this year. So, since about mid-May. Not finding myself in much of a TV-rewatch mood this year. Im just waiting it out until September.

noah111

Still Alive
Hulu is starting to roll in a lot of ABC shows, I rolled through the show Surface, if I knew it was going to end (ie cancelled) so early (@15th episode) then I wouldn't have watched it at all. :lol Kings has been a really great season though.

Brian Fellows said:
Just finished season 1 of Damages. Good stuff. Now where the hell is season 2 on Blu Ray!
I didn't enjoy S2 as much as S1, but some of that might be alleviated by watching it all at once.

Solo said:
I havent watched any TV since the last episodes of my shows aired this year. So, since about mid-May. Not finding myself in much of a TV-rewatch mood this year. Im just waiting it out until September.
You've seen all the shows you want to see? I don't believe you've seen THE SHIELD or THE WIRE. Get on it, Solo!

Personifried said:
I just blew through the first two seasons of Dexter way too fast on Netflix instant stream, this show is awesome.

While I preferred season 1 overall, mostly because I felt a lot of the plot elements introduced in season 2 took away from why I liked Dex's character so much in season 1, the end of season 2 has to be among the craziest damn things I've ever seen. It is awesome.

Good to know I have something to look forward to. I'm trying to pace myself with season two since season three doesn't come out til mid August, don't know how long I'll be able to hold out though.

Anth0ny

Transformers Season 1- Loving it :D
Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 6- Still amazing.

I'm planning on picking up some Seinfeld seasons. They're very cheap for some reason.

Ashhong

Duki said:
I'm watching the Wire too (up to season three) and I couldn't disagree more.

In the first season, where the raids happen earlier than they should have, and they have to leave Stringer? Fucking great. And McNulty is all, catch you later, and Dee is all in prison, and Avon is put away, and McNulty is on the boat, and Stringer is all "nicely done." All of that was great. And it closes with Omar coming back.

Then in the second, Sobotka dying, Ziggy shooting up a storm, the Greek and his henchman escaping, and Niko basically losing his life as he knows it, the Union getting shat on and then the handshake between Stringer and Propjo in the car. So good.

So much good stuff there.

i feel like i should find those parts awesome as well, but for some reason to me its just coming across as normal plot development. i think its just because im so used to shows that have big reveals or at least in a more dramatic/tense fashion. i really cant put my finger on it.

i did say oh shit! when
omar shot stinkum from the alley out of nowhere

and the ending of Dexter season 2 was incredibly disappointing i think.

Kool Aid

Banned
I've been watching the past seasons of Entourage over the last few weeks. I'm enjoying it, but it feels more like a guilty pleasure than anything else. Vince and E are incredibly annoying characters, and their storylines are uninteresting. Johnny Drama, Lloyd, and Ari are great though, as expected. They're pretty much what keep me watching the show.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Cornballer said:
I didn't enjoy S2 as much as S1, but some of that might be alleviated by watching it all at once.

I've seen that from a few people. Not really surprised. Season 1 is going to be hard to top.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Solo said:

you spelt "august" wrong. MAD MEN premieres in august.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Solo said:
Never watched it. Never called out to me.

betty-on-mad-men.jpg

"watch me, solo.

. . . watch me."

gdt

Solo said:
Never watched it. Never called out to me.

Hmm, I think you'd dig it.

Watching The Wire 109. My god this show is incredible. The writing is spectacular.

I put this on the list with FNL as to making "real" characters.

Ceres

Banned
Finished the first disc of Undeclared. Kind of a disappointment after how great Freaks & Geeks was.

Also midway through s3 of The Wire. Right now I'd even rank this below s2. Outside of Ziggy, I enjoyed s2.

Costanza

Banned
Metroid said:
Watched the whole 8th season of scrubs.
I´m sad that scrubs ended :(
AFAIK there´s no new season planned, or is it?
it's been renewed, but the show will be ALOT different. starring turk and dr. cox as teaching interns in med school. J.D. and Eliot and some of the other characters will be in a few episodes.

LM4sure

Banned
Brian Fellows said:
Just finished season 1 of Damages. Good stuff. Now where the hell is season 2 on Blu Ray!

I just stumbled onto this show, and I like it quite a bit. I just finished the third episode, and by now I think I figured out that we're going to have to wait until the season finale to figure out the whole story with the dead fiance.

The only character I really like in the show though is Ted Danson. I hope he gets off!

Trailer for S2 of Sons of Anarchy is up on youtube. There are some spoilers for S1, if you haven't seen it. I'd highly recommend the show - it starts off a little bit slow but picks up a massive head of steam by the end of the season. DVD/BRD aren't out until mid-August, so I guess I'll just remind everyone again around then.

tabsina

Given my usual Lost, Heroes, 24, Prison Break, Office, Family Guy, IT Crowd, Scrubs are all on break or finished and it is my holidays at the moment.. i've taken up my time with

Firefly - fantastic series and followup movie, real shame about what FOX did to it, but oh well
Fringe - pretty good so far, i'm not sure how long this will keep me interested, but it is doing a good job thus far
Arrested Development - Awesomely funny show, another one that should have gone on for longer than FOX allowed for
Chuck - average show, but it has me hooked and ready for season 3

Also been rewatching some:
Futurama - so glad it is coming back next year (hopefully with the voices intact)
Frasier
Seinfeld
Becker
Black Adder

Holy crap.. i just realised i've watched a lot of shows in four weeks (considering i'm working full-time during my break)

Now that i'm finished with Chuck I need to start watching something else.. maybe Better Off Ted

Tucah

you speak so well
Finished up the first season of the recent Doctor Who with the Christmas special this morning. There were some weak episodes, some great ones (I liked the WW2 episodes a lot), but it was consistently enjoyable stuff. Even though I've only seen him in action for half of an episode, I like the new Doctor a lot so far. On to season 2!

Finished up Season 2 of Dexter. I enjoyed it, but definitely not as much as Season 1. Now I have to wait until mid-August for season 3 unfortunately.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
in a surprise twist, season three finds our hero don draper starting a utopian advertising agency under the ocean. that's before the experiment goes horribly wrong after he takes up a hobby bringing back dinosaurs with advanced cloning techniques to market kraft macaroni in the blue box.

i call it "donald and the cloneasaurus"

TiVo

Somehow my season pass for Primeval got deleted and they are already up to season finale.

Also Torchwood never recorded because it is now called Torchwood Children Of The Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom