• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought Pushing Daises season 1 (for £9.99) :D

Have to finish Kings and Veronica Mars first though beofre I jump aboard that goodness

satriales

I rewatched every episode of Jonathan Creek. It's my all-time favourite TV show and even though I know how every mystery is done I still love watching the episodes again and again.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just finished the wire season 1, incredible piece of television, the way the plot builds up and paced reminds me more of a epic novel then a traditional television series. Which is excellent in my book. I can see it becoming my favorite TV show because of that.:D
The characterization is also wonderful, and this one scene in episode 12. (you know the one) is just tragic and.:(

Meliorism

Lafiel said:
Just finished the wire season 1, incredible piece of television, the way the plot builds up and paced reminds me more of a epic novel then a traditional television series. Which is excellent in my book. I can see it becoming my favorite TV show because of that.:D
The characterization is also wonderful, and this one scene in episode 12. (you know the one) is just tragic and.:(

Sigh. I remember the scene. But yeah, sadly, I don't think anything's gonna top the show in a long time. I've become one of the verbal fellators. Not something I thought would happen, but it is what it is.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
it may interest some of my fellow television enthusiasts to know that an episode of HISTORY'S MYSTERIES on the development and history of television was just added to netflix stream instantly recently. i watched it last night, and it was extremely fascinating and enlightening. it also made me finally understand why it's funny that mr. burns says he "was watching the dumont network last night" :lol

satriales said:
I rewatched every episode of Jonathan Creek. It's my all-time favourite TV show and even though I know how every mystery is done I still love watching the episodes again and again.

After watching QI I find it hard to watch it. I start to think a blue whale did everything, and Creek will have the wrong answer to every single thing

near

Gold Member
Just finished S3 of LOST, and well I feel quite overwhelmed by it. It's been really really good. Great score, excellent pacing, each episode is very well directed, and written - most of the time. There were like two or so occasions were I was thinking they should have explained or added to a scene, where it would have made the episode more solid and realistic as far as acting goes. But right now I feel this is one of the best series I've seen in years. I'm still reading the first Dark Tower book, but I noticed a few references which made me laugh. I'm totally going to start S4 soon, and it should be good. Glad it doesn't have as many episodes as S1-3, because it's hard to contain anticipation which just makes me sit through 4-6 episodes in a day. :p

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i've probably said this before, but as much as i love CALIFORNICATION, it's definitely a "tier 2" show for me, right alongside DEXTER and early NIP/TUCK.

in other words, "entertaining, but nothing groundbreaking."

I've recently started watching re-runs of NCIS when it comes on each week. Just wanted to mention that it could be so much better if it was more character-focused. At the moment it's a good procedural that's better than most - nothing outstanding - but it has the potential to be more. However, since it's several seasons in, I doubt the tone of the show will change.

Costanza said:
Just finished Californication S1. Fucking fantastic.

Is S2 even better?

I felt the second season shaded the first. The comedy certainly elevated.

Lafiel said:
i just finished watching the wire this weekend. i liked the show but i thought season 2 wasnt that great and season 5 was bad. its a quality show no doubt with terrific casting but it moves slow and i think it spends too much time on non important characters. as far as david simons work i prefer homicide life on the street more then the wire

BarrelMakingPenguin said:
I just started watching Sports Night. It's pretty good.
nice. yeah i liked it, wish it could have ran for a little bit longer

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
4 episodes in season 2 of the wire.
I heard it's the worst series of the wire, but i'm really liking it so far, the docks setting is a nice change of pace from the previous setting, and all the new characters. (except for ziggy) are interesting.

Ziggy is one of the most infuriating characters i have ever witnessed. Still, his exploits were kind of interesting to watch.

I thought season 2 was amazing. The character interactions made it for me. That the plotting was fantastic, was just an added bonus. The setting change was also welcome.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ziggy's much more tolerable compared to McNulty and Freamon in the fifth season as they
fabricate a serial killer
. That was by far the series low.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Dan said:
Ziggy's much more tolerable compared to McNulty and Freamon in the fifth season as they
fabricate a serial killer
. That was by far the series low.

I couldn't stand McNulty through most of season 3. I was kind of glad to have him gone in season 4.

Been on a Veronica Mars binge for the past week... love it.

About to watch the penultimate episode of season one, Trip to the Dentist, right now. I have heard great things about the episode. Don't let me down!!

Ceres

Banned
Midway through The Wire s4. I think it's my favorite season so far. It's a shame if s5 is not so good. Right now I'd say 4 > 1 > 2 > 3.

One more disc left of Undeclared. It's kind of like going through the motions to get it over with now. There's occasionally funny stuff but after the awesomeness of Freaks & Geeks this show sucks. It's like they're trying way too hard to make a generic sitcom just so it would do well but failing miserably. All its missing is the laugh track.

So starting about a year ago, I got SUPER addicted to catching up/watching great TV shows ive heard about but never got around to watching (mainly due to my dislike of having to schedule my life around when the show was on), but with hulu, DVDs and DVRs, I've found that TV shows might be the most addicting things ever. So these are the series ive most recently watched

15efcpj.jpg

fbhiq8.jpg

24cdqxh.jpg

2r3ky9g.jpg

24lr7ye.jpg

34jf1pi.jpg

jgsbps.jpg

And im currently watching this gem

15s8wvm.jpg

Needless to say im WAAAAYY LTTP on most of these. But hey, I kept up on LOST so its all good:lol

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
7 episodes into season 2 of the wire now, and this season just keeps getting better and better, episode 6 was a real highlight with the
trail scene
at the start, which was hilarious omar <3. And
d angelo getting murdered

Hausmeister

Neo Member
Finished Gilmore Girls (yes I did) last evening. Even though it felt a bit rushed in the end, I enjoyed the show (YES I did!). Today I'll start with the first season of Veronica Mars :D

... and cannot wait for Dexter to continue...

Finally got the guts to watch the whole of Freaks & Geeks right through to the end. I couldn't hack watching the last few as I knew i'd never see any more episodes... Best TV show EVER produced by a million galaxies. So good.

pringles

Salazar said:
Just watched the first episode of Breaking Bad.

Good, but I get the impression that it builds on this.
Yeah it took until episode 5 or 6 until I really got hooked by that series.
And season 2 is where it started to become one of my favorite shows currently.

I am already kinda bored with Veronica Mars season 2... just three episode in, but I am not liking it :(

I was ready to declare it my fave show ever after watching season 1 over the course of last week

Finishing up Season 2 of Mad Men tonight. The past few Season 2's of shows I've watched recently have been disappointing (Dexter, The Wire) but not this. I like it just as much, if not more than I did Season 1, and I loved Season 1.

Keyser Soze said:
I am already kinda bored with Veronica Mars season 2... just three episode in, but I am not liking it :(

I was ready to declare it my fave show ever after watching season 1 over the course of last week
This is why I decided to never bother with anything but Season 1. I have enough television to catch up on.

Decado

Cornballer said:
I thought it was a little bit of a letdown but still very entertaining and worth watching.
I'd agree it wasn't as good as S1, but TBH, I didn't really think it could be.

I have to admit that the prospect of a 3rd season isn't really that exciting. I think they pretty much ruined the shows' potential in the last ep of S1 (in fact I was shocked it went on...I thought it was meant to be just one season).

I've got a lot to pick up and catch up on. The Tudors S1+, The Wire S2+, Battlestar Galactica S4 + Caprica, Breaking Bad S1+, Pushing Daisies S2, Mad Men S2, The Shield S2+, Brotherhood S1+, Lost S4+ etc. I'm just in the middle of The Riches, which I'm enjoying, though I seem to have to be in a certain mood to *really* love it.

Lately I've been watching a lot of movies and keeping up with a few staples.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished the first 2 seasons of Friday Night Lights, now watching the third. First season was amazing television, but the second was a huge step down imo.

Costanza

Banned
Darunia said:
Finished the first 2 seasons of Friday Night Lights, now watching the third. First season was amazing television, but the second was a huge step down imo.
yeah, this is the general consensus.

don't worry though, season 3 is even better than the first.

Tucah

you speak so well
Making my way through season 4 of Doctor Who now. Donna's really annoying, I miss Martha (although I just finished up with the three episodes she returned it, but it still wasn't the same as having her as a normal companion). Hell, Donna almost makes me miss Rose. I've been enjoying the series a lot, despite being incredibly cheesy and often laughable special effects. David Tennant is fantastic, he alone makes the show a joy to watch. So far, the episode with the statues and DVD messages is my favorite despite minimal appearances from the Doctor.

Might venture through Torchwood, although I understand the first season is pretty terrible.

Tucah said:
Making my way through season 4 of Doctor Who now. Donna's really annoying, I miss Martha (although I just finished up with the three episodes she returned it, but it still wasn't the same as having her as a normal companion). Hell, Donna almost makes me miss Rose. I've been enjoying the series a lot, despite being incredibly cheesy and often laughable special effects. David Tennant is fantastic, he alone makes the show a joy to watch. So far, the episode with the statues and DVD messages is my favorite despite minimal appearances from the Doctor.

Most people are in love with Donna by the end of the season. Oh and most people hate Rose by the end of the season. Even more than they already did.

Tucah said:
Might venture through Torchwood, although I understand the first season is pretty terrible.

The second season too. The third season is amazing, and thankfully you don't need to have seen the first two seasons to understand whats going on. I suggest just starting there if you wanna save yourself some time and if you aren't into masochism.

Krowley

I'm almost finished with Babylon 5 now. It's the most extreme example I've ever seen of a show starting off lackluster and slowly turning great. The Quality of season 4 vs the quality of season 1 is vast. It's almost like 2 different shows.

Season 5 is a bit of a step down so far, but nowhere near as bad as some people said it would be. It's still very watchable and most episodes are pretty decent.

I would urge anybody to make it at least midway through season 2 before giving up. seasons 3 and 4 are amazing. It just builds and builds.

Burnst

I like Hung so far. Although the last episode,
where the freaky girl turned into a girlfriend
, was a bit far fetched.

Glad the new seasons are starting. Last months were pretty weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom