• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjfs

Neo Member
VGChampion said:
Which is the season that ends with
the fire plot and the last scene is her on a segway?
That's the last season I watched and I wasn't really happy with where the plot was going. Not sure if I should continue or not. I missed the simpler times of S1. :lol

Don't bother watching any more seasons. Weeds starts off great but really goes down the toilet.

My brother got me season 1 of Arrested Development for Christmas and I immediately bought the 2nd and 3rd seasons after watching the first episode. Just finished up the very last episode last night. :( So funny. And I've been watching the old X-men cartoons from the 90's because for some reason my cousin bought all of them recently. :lol Good times.

bud

beelzebozo said:
heh, well, i think those seven episodes are awesome, so i guess i'd rewatch.

then again, if you only stopped watching them within the past couple of months, you could probably just watch the most recent again, then continue from there.

yeah, i guess i'll rewatch to freshen things up. will probably do a marathon one of these days.

Brotherhood

3 seasons, what should have been Showtime's big hit. Great acting from the cast, particularly Jason Isaacs as the fucking mean and brutal Michael Caffee.

It's like The Wire meets the Irish Sopranos in Rhode Island. Tommy Caffee represents the political side and Michael belongs to the criminals. And the ending was really good and reminded me a bit of The Godfather part 2.

Costanza

Banned
Cornballer said:
I don't know. It's not listed on tvshowsondvd which is odd because they simultaneously released the DVD and BRD last year. The show looks good in HD, so I don't know why they'd be holding back on the blu-ray release.
sadly Sony doesn't feel the show is popular enough for a Blu-ray release now.

threenote said:
Let's see...

I watched Chuck Seasons 1-2 non-stop two weeks ago, and I'm watching it again. It's definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Me too and agreed. I watched the first two seasons in about 4 days. Not gonna do this again soon because the second day I dreamed about the show. :lol One thing that annoys me though
is the Sarah/Chuck relationship. They've been in the same place for two seasons already which I wouldn't care about if there weren't those annoying moments at the end of most episodes (it looks like they will kiss but they don't). It would really help the show if they either became a real couple or just stopped with all that.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
does anyone else like IN SEARCH OF with leonard nimoy?

why is it not on dvd?

:(

xo085g.jpg

Salazar

Griffith said:
Finished Rome season 2. Such a fantastic series, it's a shame it only lasted two seasons.

It's the curse of Kevin McKidd. He is in terrific series (North Square), and they don't last.

dg32

Neo Member
Jay Sosa said:
Finished Generation Kill, brilliant TV.

Absolutely; I snagged the DVD set at 50% off from Circuit City about a year ago right before they closed.

If you're looking for a comedy show and haven't yet watched Arrested Development or Eastbound and Down, I invite you to watch those; both awesome IMO.

Tried watching the pilot of The Deep End, primarily because the showrunner was/is involved with HIMYM, and I had to stop within ten minutes. It's no dramedy version of Damages or twin of Grey's Anatomy, as it is so painfully intended to be - both of those shows entail a heightened reality or illusory conceit maintained by fine acting and a certain air of believability. The Deep End, however, is a brand of falsity readily apparent to anyone with tangible knowledge of the workaday life in the profession and, furthermore, its overly-bombastic quality is marked enough to break the suspension of belief even for the layman viewer. Quite the failure.

lunchtoast

Started watching Band of Brothers after seeing the behind the scenes of The Pacific in theaters. 2 episodes in, don't know why I didn't watch it sooner.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
VGChampion said:
Which is the season that ends with
the fire plot and the last scene is her on a segway?
That's the last season I watched and I wasn't really happy with where the plot was going. Not sure if I should continue or not. I missed the simpler times of S1. :lol

That's S3. S4 is okay but the Nancy Botwin story and character go downhill pretty quickly. The various sub plots and other characters are still interesting enough to watch though, and it's still pretty funny. S5 is a soap opera, and if you don't mind putting up with the shittyness of Nancy's story, the supporting cast still delivers for the most part.

They also scrapped the opening theme, which pissed me off a bit.

Salazar said:
It's the curse of Kevin McKidd. He is in terrific series (North Square), and they don't last.

Isn't he now on Grey's Anatomy though? Maybe it only works for good shows.
Kevin, please move on. You're better than that shit. He could make a good Stannis for A Game of Thrones if the series gets that far. Hopefully that Rome movie becomes a reality.

-htownplaya- said:
Just started Supernatural, I'm about 6 episodes into the first season. Cheesy at times but I'm having fun watching it.

Keep with it! I have 2 episodes left of Season 2 and it just gets better and better. So much so I bought Season 3&4 pretty sure they would be great. I almost quit around where you were too, but I am so glad I stayed.

Started re-watching Lost Season 5 again for obvious reasons. Its amazing how much you can miss and forget in this show.

xrich

Banned
watched all of Scrubs in 2 weeks. it was awesome. having started late in the series, it was nice to go back and see the stuff i missed. it really made the "real" series finale so much more special. great show.

I'm not sure why exactly, but I stayed away from Chuck for the longest time. Maybe because the show came across as cheesy, which isn't what I generally like to watch. Many, many people here and critics elsewhere kept saying the show was not just good, but great, though, so I picked it up. I still had reservations, but I watched the first three episodes last night, and it. was. awesome. I can't believe I didn't give this a shot earlier. Any doubts about this show flew out the window the moment the words "...not an accountant." were uttered. Just a great show. Action that puts television's other "hero" shows to shame, and laughs that trump the majority of comedies on network tv. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the episodes to come, so thanks to Cornballer, Solo, and all the other people that recommended this show.

The Boss

Neo Member
I watch mostly cartoon, so I am always on cartoon network: Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, King of The Hill, Frisky Dingo...whatever they decide to change there schedule to. xD I also like Chowder, Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Flap Jack, Metalocalypse, The Venture Brothers and Robot Chicken. <_<>_>

Drewsky

xrich said:
watched all of Scrubs in 2 weeks. it was awesome. having started late in the series, it was nice to go back and see the stuff i missed. it really made the "real" series finale so much more special. great show.

I stopped watching after Season 3. Was it worth it to keep watching?

MoFuzz

It's all about the Dexter for me as of late.

Made it through the first two seasons within about a week and a half. Startin up season three soon.

Since I hear wonderful things about the following, I'm going to start watching soon:

Mad Men
BSG
Arrested Development

-viper-

Banned
Spooks. Not sure if it's well known in America, but its one of the best crime/action drama's in the UK.

It's better than 24.

I love both though. But Spooks is just fucking fantastic. I'm watching Season 7 at the moment. I only really began watching it now after being surprised at one very good episode. Need to buy the other seasons.

Jay Sosa

Drewsky said:
I stopped watching after Season 3. Was it worth it to keep watching?

The ending was worth it for sure. Show had its ups and downs, only season I didn't like at all was the fifth one iirc (
the one where everyone gets pregnant

Arment

I feel like I'm in that area where I've "seen everything worth seeing", so finding a new show has been really hard lately.

I'm an absolute rabid Lost fan, so I've been re-watching season 5 to get it fresh in my head.

I'm coming up to season 3 of Six Feet Under. Once I finish that show, I think it's time to begin The Wire. Most people can't believe I haven't seen that yet, but I've kind of kept it for that day when I really have seen everything.

Kintaco

Started on Season 3 of Arrested Development. :( So sad that once I'm done with this, there will be no more new episodes to watch. Such a good fucking show! Then I need to catch up on Modern Family and Californication Season 3.

Drewsky

Kintaco said:
Started on Season 3 of Arrested Development. :( So sad that once I'm done with this, there will be no more new episodes to watch. Such a good fucking show! Then I need to catch up on Modern Family and Californication Season 3.

That's how I was. I tried to take as long as I possibly could to stretch out the goodness. But rewatching is awesome for AD too, so don't be sad :).

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I've been watching The Big Bang Theory. I'm zipping through season two right now. Is there any particular reason why the episodes are not around 24 mins long? Are there more commercials on CBS?

6xuagh.jpg

Been watching Recess off my DVR. Maybe my childhood nostalgia is clouding my judgment, but it holds up very well.

Also, my brother got me into 24, and I'm up to the beginning of season 5. Can't believe I never got into this show before; I love it!

Kintaco said:

Yep, same here. Just finished S2 and I'm already sad. I almost died laughing at the
Gob and Lindsay chicken dance and at Gob's video for George-Michael election

Contemplating rewatching the Wire.

Easystride said:
6xuagh.jpg

Been watching Recess off my DVR. Maybe my childhood nostalgia is clouding my judgment, but it holds up very well.

Yeah, it was one of my favourite 90s cartoons as well. Nothing on Darkwing Duck and Daria, though. (I also want to say Hey Arnold! but I've forgotten most of the things I liked about it; which probably isn't a good sign.)

threenote

Banned
Tried watching 24 today (starting with the Pilot). I found it terribly boring. I'm guessing it gets alot better? I remember watching an episode from season 2 a few years back and it was pretty good.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
threenote said:
Tried watching 24 today (starting with the Pilot). I found it terribly boring. I'm guessing it gets alot better? I remember watching an episode from season 2 a few years back and it was pretty good.

personally, i watched the first two seasons at their release, got tired of it, and never looked back.

as far as what i've heard, coupled with my experience with the first two seasons, to your question i would say no. it does not get better. it just is what it is, and you either like it or don't.

tabsina

beelzebozo said:
personally, i watched the first two seasons at their release, got tired of it, and never looked back.

as far as what i've heard, coupled with my experience with the first two seasons, to your question i would say no. it does not get better. it just is what it is, and you either like it or don't.

pretty much, some seasons are really bad, others are good if you like what you see in season 1

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
threenote said:
Well it does get better from the first episode, it gets really intense in certain episodes.
The show is worth watching for the first three seasons, and if you are like me, and can't get enough of the crazy formula you will love seasons 4 5 & 7.

EliCash

-viper- said:
Spooks. Not sure if it's well known in America, but its one of the best crime/action drama's in the UK.

It's better than 24.

I love both though. But Spooks is just fucking fantastic. I'm watching Season 7 at the moment. I only really began watching it now after being surprised at one very good episode. Need to buy the other seasons.

Crazy talk.

tabsina

i've been watching the cheers series as of late (up to season 2), apparently big bang theory is a good one to check out - any opinions about that show here?

Drewsky

tabsina said:
i've been watching the cheers series as of late (up to season 2), apparently big bang theory is a good one to check out - any opinions about that show here?

I personally don't like it at all. I really just don't like any of the laugh track type sitcoms (other than Seinfeld). That's just me though, I know a lot of people think it's hilarious.

Money

Banned
Arment said:
I feel like I'm in that area where I've "seen everything worth seeing", so finding a new show has been really hard lately.

I'm an absolute rabid Lost fan, so I've been re-watching season 5 to get it fresh in my head.

I'm coming up to season 3 of Six Feet Under. Once I finish that show, I think it's time to begin The Wire. Most people can't believe I haven't seen that yet, but I've kind of kept it for that day when I really have seen everything.

I really envy you. Savor it as you go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom