• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
AltogetherAndrews said:
MI-5/Spooks may very well be the most engaging show I've seen, or followed, this century. It's not without its share of odd gaps and weird character transitions, but god damn. Scenario front and center, strong characters without ever becoming dependent on them, genuinely strong content, this is absolutely brilliant.

did some cursory research on this one--had never heard of it--and am really intrigued. going to netflix the first disc and see how it goes i think.

AltogetherAndrews said:
MI-5/Spooks may very well be the most engaging show I've seen, or followed, this century. It's not without its share of odd gaps and weird character transitions, but god damn. Scenario front and center, strong characters without ever becoming dependent on them, genuinely strong content, this is absolutely brilliant.

The first three or so seasons are great. However, the dip in form thereafter coincides with
much of the original cast leaving the show (for greater things). The cast of those first three seasons really was fantastic - the absence of talent like Keeley Hawes, David Oyelowo and Matthew Macfadyen was quickly felt.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
close to the edge said:
Started watching White Collar last week, I really like it. The two main characters work really well together, the writing is pretty decent. The chemistry between Matt Bomer and Tim DeKay really makes the show. I've heard people calling it bland but I don't really see it.
Honestly, I'm also pretty easy to please when it comes to TV, I enjoy watching shows that are flawed in one area but are still entertaining to me (e.g. The Big Bang Theory)

I find it pretty bland. Neal is an incredibly boring and unlikable character. The actor does the best he can with a crappy part but its not enough.

Alphahawk

recently watched the last two episodes of Fraggle Rock, I vaguly remember the last episode from when I was a kid, but don't really recall ever seeing it. Awesome ending though...

You can't leave the magic

castlegar

clone-high.jpg

Just blasted through Clone High and I can't believe this show only lasted one season. Seriously, god dammit this series was hilarious

Davey Cakes

For a while I worked through all of The Larry Sanders Show, which I enjoyed heavily. Then I moved onto Arrested Development (somewhat inspired to watch by the presence of Jeffrey Tambor), and now I've burned through most of that as well, with only a few episodes left.

Are they making that Arrested Development movie? Something tells me that I'm not going to be satisfied once I finish the show's third season.

gdt

Rash said:
For a while I worked through all of The Larry Sanders Show. Then I moved onto Arrested Development (somewhat inspired to watch by the presence of Jeffrey Tambor), and now I've burned through most of that as well, with only a few episodes left to watch.

Are they making that Arrested Development movie? Something tells me that I'm not going to be satisfied once I finish the show's third season.

Yes.

woodchuck

I'm about halfway through Season 3 on Mad Men. I still have complaints about the storylines concerning Don's family. I hate Betty. I hate Sally. I hate Grandpa Gene. The only reason I keep watching the show is because the Sterling Cooper scenes are so amazing.

TheOddOne

Cornballer said:
Sure, I'll put one up in a few minutes.
Thanks!
Rash said:
For a while I worked through all of The Larry Sanders Show, which I enjoyed heavily. Then I moved onto Arrested Development (somewhat inspired to watch by the presence of Jeffrey Tambor), and now I've burned through most of that as well, with only a few episodes left.

Its been delayed so much, I doubt we will ever see it.

Ramma2

Currently Watching:

Fringe Season 2
Family Guy Season 3
Enterprise Season 2 =/
Cowboy Bebop

Coming Soon:

Big Love Season 4
Family Guy cont.
Enterprise cont.
Community

Davey Cakes

polygon_monkey said:
Just burned through Seinfeld for the first time which was amazing and am now chomping my way through Curb Your Enthusiasm. Good times.
Two of the best comedy series of all time. You are really indulging yourself right now.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Half-way through season 2 of "mad men" i'm loving it. But i don't think i'm enjoying it as much as season 1. It's starting to pick up though with
betty finding about don / bobbies affair

Two things this season seems to be missing is a lack of focus on the
don draper / dick plotline
and there's not enough
Bentham cooper

Salazar said:
Early on in Season 2 of Deadwood.

I want to punch EB Farnum really fucking hard.

He's so fucking pathetic I've grown a certain fondness for him :D . Still, thank god for Pete Richardson.

Began watching Veronica Mars S1. So far so good.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Finished mad men season 2 today. That was some excellent television, but overall i didn't like it as much as season 1.

Loving the direction they are taking with certain characters like ( peggy joan & campbell) and the don draper plot-line still continues to be fascinating, although i find the character to be weird in a way, there are times where i find him to be completely detestable, and yet there are many moments where i have a strange fondness for him, it's hard to describe, really.

Looking forward to renting season 3, when it releases here.

Dexa

Banned
after finishing dexter season 4 i wanted some more michael c hall .... so i´ve started six feet under. first few episodes were great :D

Just finished watching Dexter, all 4 season. WOW @ Season 4 finale, really surprised. I am interested to see what happens in Season 5 and how Dexter will be handling his things.

DieH@rd

Banned
Im in heaven.
large_rescue-me-review.jpg

For the last 3-4 days i am watching RESCUE ME for the first time. I am currently at s3e3 and its made from win. REALLY AWESOME SHOW.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through the first season of Archer. I was kind of reticent to watch it when it first aired, but my brother who watches it said that it was hilarious and suggested that I give it a chance.

I'm happy I did. It's a very funny show with a great premise and a very good cast: Jessica Walter and Judy Greer of Arrested Development fame and Chris Parnell from SNL. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoyed AD -- it's not as well written or as funny as AD, but it's definitely worth a watch.

Double D

Battlestar Fucking Galactica. I had heard this was good, but I had no idea it was this awesome. I just finished season 2.5 last night. Can't wait to get into season 3 tonight.
FUCK Gaius. Fuck him up his stupid ass

Thanks to my best friend I am LTTPing Veronica Mars. Finished season one and have seasons two and three on my desk. Love the writing and the casting on the show, can't really think of anything I dislike and Kristen Bell is such a cutie.

Oh! Today is Tuesday! Got to watch Justified tonight.

Vik_Vaughn said:
Battlestar Fucking Galactica. I had heard this was good, but I had no idea it was this awesome. I just finished season 2.5 last night. Can't wait to get into season 3 tonight.
Make up your own mind on how you feel about season 3/4, they are pretty polarising among fans (I love them, although season 3 is my least favourite season, it does start fantstically). I mean you have a guy with a freakin' Jack avatar telling you the show slips, yeah opinions man.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Vik_Vaughn said:
The first 5 episodes of season 3 are epic as.

The Storyteller said:
Make up your own mind on how you feel about season 3/4, they are pretty polarising among fans (I love them, although season 3 is my least favourite season, it does start fantstically). I mean you have a guy with a freakin' Jack avatar telling you the show slips, yeah opinions man.
BURN.

I picked up Dexter Season 1 from my Blockbuster's closing sale, so I'm looking forward to diving into that, heard good things. Only unfortunate thing is it's not in the factory packaging, but each disc is in it's own DVD case. Still I got a good deal on it, and the packaging doesn't matter nearly as much as the content.

CiSTM

Banned
DieH@rd said:
Im in heaven.

For the last 3-4 days i am watching RESCUE ME for the first time. I am currently at s3e3 and its made from win. REALLY AWESOME SHOW.

I myself discovered this show just lately and it really is great. I strongly recommend it for everybody who enjoys good drama with touch of comedy. I'm currently waiting for S4 BD release.

gdt

The Storyteller said:

dododododooodododo!

And yes, the first couple episodes of S3 are pure orgasm.

TheOddOne

FilthyLies said:
BURN.

I picked up Dexter Season 1 from my Blockbuster's closing sale, so I'm looking forward to diving into that, heard good things. Only unfortunate thing is it's not in the factory packaging, but each disc is in it's own DVD case. Still I got a good deal on it, and the packaging doesn't matter nearly as much as the content.
S1 of Dexter is still the best, its kinda sad that they could not duplicate or expand what made first season amazing.

Almost forgot about this show on A&E called The First 48. This show has apparently been on the air since 2004, and I am just now discovering how awesome and chilling it is. I'm addicted. I might have to snag the DVD sets.

I started watching 30 Rock, just finished season 2 and I love it. Probably my favorite sitcom so far, I mean the Amadeus parody alone was amazing. Or Liz and food. ("I don't know how, but you're gonna get me another sandwich. Or I'm gonna cut your face up so bad you'll have a chin! You'll all have chins!") And Dr. Spaceman. Or Jack's charity that gives tuxedos to homeless people. I could go on forever.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
DieH@rd said:
Im in heaven.

Rescue Me is good, although season 3 is way over-written in some places and annoys the fuck out of me. Season 4 backs down from the crazy, almost cartoonish bullshit that plagued season 3 and is generally pretty good. Haven't seen season 5 yet, it's on my list of things to do.

Dexa said:
after finishing dexter season 4 i wanted some more michael c hall .... so i´ve started six feet under. first few episodes were great :D

It's a great series. Some ups and downs, but great overall. The last few seasons are awesome, and the finale is amazing.

Salazar

Going out tomorrow to buy Supernatural Season 4 and Breaking Bad Season 2. Looking forward to it.

In the meantime, I'm watching Deadwood Season 3. Completely awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom