• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphahawk

I watched an hour of Home Improvement because I was under the impression I had to write a paper about it (thankfully I don't) I do not understand how people find that drivel to be in any way hilarious...

gdt

Just finished (re)watching Eastbound & Down S1, so, so awesome. Can't wait for S2, which we have no info on yet :/. Don't even know if they started filming yet.

Great extras on it too.

Vik_Vaughn said:
Battlestar Fucking Galactica. I had heard this was good, but I had no idea it was this awesome. I just finished season 2.5 last night. Can't wait to get into season 3 tonight.
FUCK Gaius. Fuck him up his stupid ass

Hahaha I loved Gaius the most out of all the characters (with Helo, Bill and Gaius in-head Cylon just behind). He changes so much throughout the entire series.

Also "No more Mr. Nice Gaius" :lol :lol Man, I hope he gets cast as Littlefinger in Game of Thrones.

Spire said:
Rescue Me is good, although season 3 is way over-written in some places and annoys the fuck out of me. Season 4 backs down from the crazy, almost cartoonish bullshit that plagued season 3 and is generally pretty good. Haven't seen season 5 yet, it's on my list of things to do.
Interesting. I bailed out after S3. It just got too crazy and depressing for me - felt like I was in an abusive relationship with the show.
gdt5016 said:
Just finished (re)watching Eastbound & Down S1, so, so awesome. Can't wait for S2, which we have no info on yet :/. Don't even know if they started filming yet.
I haven't been able to find any information on S2. Not sure what the hold up is, though McBride is doing a decent amount of film work these days.

Krowley

Monarch of the glen is a truly great slice of life show for the first four seasons, and the fourth season concludes perfectly (everything afterwards is a spinoff basically).

Absolutely fantastic TV show, in a very old fashioned kind of way. No violence, or evil or any of that stuff, just quirky characters and an interesting situation for them to deal with. Stunning location.

A lot of humor, some heartwarming stuff and a little mushy stuff as well. Very hot looking women that don't look like runway models. Chicks that have some meat on their bones.

I just loved the show. Season 3 is one of the best seasons of TV I've seen anywhere, and I've seen most of the great shows.

It's kind of like watching a Larry Mcmurtry novel in the sense that it just gives you a set of interesting characters, and puts them through some situations that elicit reactions and make you want to befriend them. The show establishes a universe that you want to be a part of.

CiSTM

Banned
Finished Frasier today. Really great show and belongs into my TOP5 sitcoms. Eleven seasons and the quality is top notch from start to end. Don't really know what to watch next :( It's always a shame when you are out of shows to watch.

Jay Sosa

Watching Seinfeld right now, first the episode when George's girlfriend turns gay and then the one where he parks in a handicapped spot, so good. "I hate the Drake" "Everybodys hates the Drake!!"

OMG so brilliant :lol :lol

Coop

Discotheque said:
Hahaha I loved Gaius the most out of all the characters (with Helo, Bill and Gaius in-head Cylon just behind). He changes so much throughout the entire series.

Also "No more Mr. Nice Gaius" :lol :lol Man, I hope he gets cast as Littlefinger in Game of Thrones.

It ain't happening, he recently joined some shitty SciFi show or SyFi. Whatever it's called now

Defcon said:
I recently started watching Breaking Bad. I was hooked from the first episode.

Same, what a great pilot. Its funny how I write off shows based on misinformation that I gathered from a misleading picture, rumour or whatever and than when I finally watch the show, its totally amazing. For example, I thought breaking bad was some western, slow paced shit on AMC, because I saw this picture of what looked like two cowboys in that era. I though Lost was a glorified Gilligans Island before giving it a chance in S2, etc.

You would think I would learn to stop judging things so quickly but its just human nature I guess.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Blader5489 said:
I finished season 2 of The Wire. It was quite good.

S3 next.
Season 3 & Season 4 is where the show went from "wow good" to "best show of all time" material.

Alphahawk

Watched Dead Like Me for a school project, wasn't sure what to expect from it but left plesently surprised. One thing that get'sme is how unexpectidly depressing a lot of it is, the character of Reggie for instance, like she has absoloutly nothing going on in her life except hanging out for the hope that she'll see her sister agian. I had to watch like 4 episodes in a short span of time and think I came away from the experience slighly traumatized.

Salazar

Krowley said:
Very hot looking women that don't look like runway models. Chicks that have some meat on their bones.

You must be referring to Lexie, played by Dawn Steele - to which I can only respond, fuck yes god damn devil damn fuck yes.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
8 episodes into Mad Men season 3, was pretty meh up until "A Stranger Walks Into an Ad Agency" episode. Probably one of my favorite MM episodes thus far. The lawnmower incident had me in tears, especially after Roger Sterling made a joke about it :lol

gdt

Applesauce said:
8 episodes into Mad Men season 3, was pretty meh up until "A Stranger Walks Into an Ad Agency" episode. Probably one of my favorite MM episodes thus far. The lawnmower incident had me in tears, especially after Roger Sterling made a joke about it :lol

S3 is my favorite, by a bit too. The first half is all setup, the second half is fucking fantastic.

Blader

I actually didn't like S3 that much overall, but the last few episodes are excellent and the finale just might be my favorite ep of the whole series.

edit - re: Mad Men.

How I Met Your Mother - love this show, watch it every Monday
Rules of Engagement - Just started watching, it's pretty amusing
Two and a Half Men - getting worse after each episode...
The Big Bang Theory - see HIMYM
Parks and Recreation - I say parks you say department. "PARKS! ....apartment!"
The Office - Michael is an idiot

gdt

Just finished Flight of the Concords S2. The songs were as strong, but the writing was better than S1, I think.

Fantastic ending, and really, a perfect final episode.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
gdt5016 said:
Just finished Flight of the Concords S2. The songs were as strong, but the writing was better than S1, I think.

Fantastic ending, and really, a perfect final episode.

Love that show. As I've said before I would have been more than happy with a songless 3rd season.

mYm|17|

Finished Mad Men last week

Finished Breaking Bad season 1 yesterday and now on season 2..........................it's freakin amazing

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I'm halfway through season 4 in my big Lost marathon. I'll spoiler my text just in case anyone is watching the series for the first time like me.
Wow, this show was kind of "out there" before but it's really gotten crazy in season 4. Part of me misses the simplicity of the first season. It was just about a group of people trying to survive on an island with the occasion hint of mystery or intrigue, there was no time travel stuff or confusing twists. That being said, I'm still enjoying the hell out of season 4. The Desmond/Faraday time travel episode was so good and I like most of the crazy stuff. The only thing that has me confused is the futurecrap with the survivors off the island but I'm sure that's some kind of alternate universe stuff. I wish I had some theories on what the hell is going on, but I got nothin.
Anyways, I love this show and I'm so glad that I decided to give it a go. For non-comedy shows it's one of my all time favorites, probably 2nd to the Sopranos. I'll most likely be caught up with the entire series before the finale which is really cool.

I'm also watching Mad Men for the first time. Great show and it's nice for a more down to earth break from Lost.

gdt

Snuggler said:
So I'm halfway through season 4 in my big Lost marathon. I'll spoiler my text just in case anyone is watching the series for the first time like me.
Wow, this show was kind of "out there" before but it's really gotten crazy in season 4. Part of me misses the simplicity of the first season. It was just about a group of people trying to survive on an island with the occasion hint of mystery or intrigue, there was no time travel stuff or confusing twists. That being said, I'm still enjoying the hell out of season 4. The Desmond/Faraday time travel episode was so good and I like most of the crazy stuff. The only thing that has me confused is the futurecrap with the survivors off the island but I'm sure that's some kind of alternate universe stuff. I wish I had some theories on what the hell is going on, but I got nothin.
Anyways, I love this show and I'm so glad that I decided to give it a go. For non-comedy shows it's one of my all time favorites, probably 2nd to the Sopranos. I'll most likely be caught up with the entire series before the finale which is really cool.

I'm also watching Mad Men for the first time. Great show and it's nice for a more down to earth break from Lost.

Those are called MAJOR LOST SPOILER
FlashForwards
MAJOR LOST SPOILER, and they are absolutely not fake. Those actually happen.

They are just telling the story out of order.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
gdt5016 said:
Those are called MAJOR LOST SPOILER
FlashForwards
MAJOR LOST SPOILER, and they are absolutely not fake. Those actually happen.

They are just telling the story out of order.

I see.
There were a few confusing parts, like Kate owning Claire's babby (she must have died :( ) and Jim somehow seeming alive and buying the Panda when he's actually dead and Sun is having her own babby. Also Ben stiching up Sayeed at the Vet office was crazy. I'm glad they're doing it, though, I don't think I could have put up with another season of back stories.

Blader

Snuggler said:
I see.
There were a few confusing parts, like Kate owning Claire's babby (she must have died :( ) and Jim somehow seeming alive and buying the Panda when he's actually dead and Sun is having her own babby. Also Ben stiching up Sayeed at the Vet office was crazy. I'm glad they're doing it, though, I don't think I could have put up with another season of back stories.

The Jin thing was a fakeout.
Making you think that both Jin and Sun got off the island, and it was a flashforward of them both, when in reality it was a Jin flashback and a Sun flashforward--and the latter reveals that Jin died and did not get off the island.

Griffith

Banned
Just finished the first season of Arrested Development. Took me ages to find this on DVD and I'm glad I did. The show's hilarious, every scene with Gob and Tobias had me cracking up.

gdt

So, I'm at the back end of Babylon 5 S5.

I saw S1-4 about a year-ish ago, and I've talked about how much I adore S2-4. I didn't watch S5 at the time, mostly because alot said it sucks.

Anywho, S5 is okay at first, but ever since the big conflict this finally starts (a couple episodes after we get done with that bullshit Telepath arc) it gets back to being regular fucking awesome B5. Thank god.

gdt

Blader5489 said:
I finished the first season of Californication and absolutely loved it. Getting S2 asap.

All the seasons are more or less even (great), but the S3 finale is the best episode of the show, I think.

Darren870

I keep watching The Office (US) but I think this will be the last season I watch it. If the show hasn't Jumped the Shark already, it sure is hell close.

I haven't really laughed at an episode in a while. I love re-watching the earlier episodes though, great stuff there.

Currently Watching:
House
Lost
Law & Order SVU
South Park
The Office
Breaking Bad

Waiting for:
Dexter Season 5 (Such a great show)

In the Queue:
Oz
Lost (Re-watch it after season 6 is done)
Sopranos

Just finished watching Rome for the first time. That was some damn good TV. The acting was fantastic, but what really got me were the set and costume designs. Loved it! Now I know what I am going to be bugging my friends to watch.

Also several episodes into season 4 of Supernatural and am really happy at the quality of this show. Its really a lot of fun to watch, and I think it has come a long way since season 1 which I almost quit on. Also without spoiling anything, is season 5 the final one?

Coop

No it's not the final season, CW picked it up for another season. The creator originally intended the show to be five seasons. Season 5 is just as good as season 4 btw

Anyway I've been watching the John Adams miniseries. It's pretty good so far but it seems to be going at a fast pace. I notice it's only 7 episodes instead of the usual 10 so maybe HBO cut the episodes or something.

Manus

Just finished the second season of Rescue Me. Dear God, it's a fantastic show. I can't believe I never watched it before. Luckily all the current seasons are on Netflix instant.

Coop said:
No it's not the final season, CW picked it up for another season. The creator originally intended the show to be five seasons. Season 5 is just as good as season 4 btw

Thanks for the Supernatural info! I am glad I have more good stuff to look forward to with season 5 and beyond.

Hmmmm, I just noticed all of Rescue Me is now on Netflix Instant. I think I am going to give that a chance next.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
mYm|17| said:
Finished Mad Men last week

Finished Breaking Bad season 1 yesterday and now on season 2..........................it's freakin amazing

i marathoned seasons 1 & 2 of BREAKING BAD, and it was one of the most emotionally devastating weeks of my life.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Was looking for a new show today so tried Spartacus.

:lol What an absolute embarrassing abomination of a pilot. :lol

Obviously made by someone who thought 300 was the pinnacle of literary achievement, the writing and acting was piss poor and the special effects were just trash. Was the whole show made on a green screen? Because that's what it looked like.

And the blood. Fuck man, I could do better blood in Adobe After Effects. Slow mo, that's new and fun. Haven't seen slow mo in a few days.

But nice tits though. And bush.

I think I'll try Breaking Bad next, sounds good.

Late to the party with X-Files! I only saw 2 or 3 episodes a couple of years ago. Watching the first 2 seasons on DVD in the evening in bed makes it even more enjoyable. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom