• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaCy

I'm about half way through the second season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and wow did it get better then the first season.

Raydeen

McBacon said:
Was looking for a new show today so tried Spartacus.

:lol What an absolute embarrassing abomination of a pilot. :lol

Obviously made by someone who thought 300 was the pinnacle of literary achievement, the writing and acting was piss poor and the special effects were just trash. Was the whole show made on a green screen? Because that's what it looked like.

And the blood. Fuck man, I could do better blood in Adobe After Effects. Slow mo, that's new and fun. Haven't seen slow mo in a few days.

But nice tits though. And bush.

I think I'll try Breaking Bad next, sounds good.

Stick with Spartacus...it's all flavours of amazing from episode 3 onwards.

Krowley

gdt5016 said:
So, I'm at the back end of Babylon 5 S5.

I saw S1-4 about a year-ish ago, and I've talked about how much I adore S2-4. I didn't watch S5 at the time, mostly because alot said it sucks.

Anywho, S5 is okay at first, but ever since the big conflict this finally starts (a couple episodes after we get done with that bullshit Telepath arc) it gets back to being regular fucking awesome B5. Thank god.

Yeah, S5 gets a lot more flack than it deserves. It's not the best season of the show, but it's still B5, and it's nowhere near bad enough to just skip. Once things ramp up, it's totally awesome.

gdt

Krowley said:
Yeah, S5 gets a lot more flack than it deserves. It's not the best season of the show, but it's still B5, and it's nowhere near bad enough to just skip. Once things ramp up, it's totally awesome.

Yeah, overall, it's still not as bad as S1.

So, S4>S3>S2>>S5>>>>S1.

Krowley

gdt5016 said:
Yeah, overall, it's still not as bad as S1.

So, S4>S3>S2>>S5>>>>S1.

Yeah I agree. S1 is definitely the worst. It's almost like watching a different show (although I enjoyed it anyway)

Falt

Just watched the first episode of Breaking Bad after a friend recommended it to me. Only thing I knew about it before going in was that it starred Bryan Cranston. Fan-fucking-tastic! Blown away by Cranston, he is simply amazing.

On to the second episode!

Dead

well not really...yet
Just finished Deadwood season 1. Season Finale was sooo good. Can't wait to watch the remaining two seasons.

dorkimoe

Got back into watching Third Watch

151858__thirdwatch_l.jpg

I watched season 1 and 2 in about a week span i got HOOKED. Took a break now watching season 3.

This show has got to be the most underated show ever. I have never heard another living soul mention this show. This show is VERY un-predictable. The thing I hated about house was every episode was the same, someone got sick they couldnt find what was wrong, then the last second they would save the person.

In third watch..people die. Period. You think oh they are gonna save this person and boom dead. Or you think they wont save someone and boom alive. Not to mention this show has some of the best characters ever. Bosco ftw

Nabs

Currently making my way through Homicide: Life on the Street. Hit the middle of Season 4 (Law and Order crossover). Really enjoying myself. I could see myself watching a few seasons of SVU for Munch alone.

Bought The Wire - Complete Series last week and watched S1 over the weekend. Great stuff - not sure how they're going to keep the same level of quality for the next 4 seasons though.

On to S2!

Nabs

CharliePants said:
Bought The Wire - Complete Series last week and watched S1 over the weekend. Great stuff - not sure how they're going to keep the same level of quality for the next 4 seasons though.

On to S2!

you lucky son of a...

Griffith

Banned
CharliePants said:

On to S2!
Don't worry about that. The series gets better as it goes.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Defcon said:
Just started Season 2, Episode 2 of Breaking Bad. This show is unbelievably good.

*ding*

That whole scenario in that episode is straight out of a Tarantino film. It's kind of unbelievable how good it is.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Almost finished with Season 2 of chuck and loving it. How has the third season fared ratings wise?
Not great but better than season 2 so far, I believe. Last few episodes were pretty weak, ratings-wise but there are still 7 (or 6?) to go.

Arment

Just started the third season of The Wire today. Season 1 was amazing, 2 was eh. We'll see how 3 goes. People tell me 4 is the best.

Edit: It's a shame 2 was so lackluster, it's had the best intro theme song of the three so far.

Speaking of The Wire, I just started watching season four again after stopping for some reason about halfway through. Hopefully I'll finish season four before the end of this week.

dorkimoe

still never finished season 2 of the wire. takes so long to "get going"

Anyone else on here watch 3rd watch, i need to force someone on here to start that show

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Dax01 said:
Speaking of The Wire, I just started watching season four again after stopping for some reason about halfway through. Hopefully I'll finish season four before the end of this week.

it hurts every time i watch it.

gdt

Just finished the episode right before the final one of Babylon 5. That was fantastic.

Got my tears moving a bit too.

Edit: Just ordered The Wire: The Complete Set, and The Sopranos S6 Part I/II.

Still gotta order SFU S4/5.

moojito

Watched the first two episodes of breaking bad. I'll probably have to see a few more to make my mind up, but if it's basically about how he left all these clues behind and the law/his brother following those clues, that'll not be so cool.

Also up to season 3 of The west wing. Titanic battles afoot between this and The wire for best tv series ever!

gdt

moojito said:
Watched the first two episodes of breaking bad. I'll probably have to see a few more to make my mind up, but if it's basically about how he left all these clues behind and the law/his brother following those clues, that'll not be so cool.

Don't worry, it's not about that.

Also up to season 3 of The west wing. Titanic battles afoot between this and The wire for best tv series ever!

Watch out for that cliff.

The West Wing is a good show, even though the last three seasons weren't as good as the first four (they were still good though). Definitely one of my favorites. Haven't finished The Wire yet, but I'd still place The West Wing over it, but that could change once I'm finished with The Wire.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
moojito said:

Oh, it's not that at all. Season 1 is short, 7 episodes IIRC, but a lot happens in the life of Walter White during that time. Season 2 is fucking excellent.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Friday Night Lights(season one). I have been missing a hell of a show. Haven't finished watching the whole season yet. Have the rest of the seasons queue up.

icarus-daedelus said:
The show does all of this without ever pulling a West Wing or a BSG and beating you over the head with it. (I like both of those shows, btw.)
Not sure what you mean by this, mainly in regards to The West Wing.

Add me to the group watching The Wire for the first time. Finished the first 2 seasons now and each one builds kind of slowly and I would go weeks between the initial episodes, but then by the halfway point I was so into it I ripped through the rest. Looking forward to starting S3 soon.

Also ordered all of BSG and am going to rewatch it with a couple of friends who have never seen it before. Hope they don't hate the ending after I make them watch the whole series with me

woodchuck

moojito said:

I don't know how you didn't make up your mind after the first episode. The pilot was fucking amazing.

Heroes.

How would you guys rate the seasons?

I'm in the middle of season 4. It has declined in quality a lot IMO. But, the characters are still very likeable. They could keep going if they come up with somthing better than a friggin
carnival

Drewsky

half a moon said:
Heroes.

How would you guys rate the seasons?

I'm in the middle of season 4. It has declined in quality a lot IMO. But, the characters are still very likeable. They could keep going if they come up with somthing better than a friggin
carnival
Liked the first season, didn't like it at all after that.

jakncoke

Banned
Over There- Good scripted war series on iraq.

Season 2,3,4 of Weeds. Indeed 4 wasn't nearly as good as 1-3 it still had it's moments and was serviceable. Goddamn at Shane breaking it in with a 3 way

icarus-daedelus said:
This show has the most excessive use of Dutch angles I've ever seen outside of Battlefield Earth. I liked it and it was good, but seriously, not every shot needs to be at a 30 degree tilt.
Haha I thought the same while watching (well, not the Battlefield Earth part, since I haven't subjected myself to it).

And fantastic thoughts on The Shield. The finale of it truly cemented it as one of the greatest TV shows ever, and also one of the most important. Not many shows end that brutally and satisfyingly at the same time.

Oh and I see Weeds mentioned -- I recently watched the first two and a half seasons and had no urge to go any further. There were plenty of funny parts, mostly involving Kevin Nealon, but I feel it never quite hit the right mix of comedy and drama. Also, I'm not quite sure who's supposed to be likable. I just couldn't be bothered anymore halfway through the 3rd season when there's better TV to be watched.

dmshaposv

So I was just gifted "The Wire" boxset, seasons 1-5. Specifically, this:

the-wire-box-set.jpg

I'm actually looking forward to this a lot. I've heard there is an enormous pay-off around season 4. Besides that, I have no clue what to expect going in (haven't even bothered reading a summary about the show!).

Lets see if it lives up to the enormous GAF hype. :D

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Spire said:
Who cares, watch it anyway. It's one of the best tv shows of all time.

burn!

yeah, dax, give it a go. i watched the first season and i just couldn't do it. i find the shaky-cam aesthetic of the show really off-putting, all the characters seemed locked into a constant state of being angry at each other. . . i don't know. i felt like even though it's okay for characters to not have a lot of redeeming qualities, that i couldn't find anything to like about anybody.

but your mileage may vary, obviously. people love it. i stand alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom