• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Snuggler said:
I'm working on season 3 of Breaking Bad. It's still great so far, but after this I'm gonna be a bit burnt out on the series since I've been watching it non-stop over the last month.

Battlestar Galactica goes up on US Netflix streaming tomorrow, so it will probably be my next show if I like it. So, what I've heard is that it's a "smart" sci fi show, that someone who doesn't normally watch syfy can enjoy, not some cheesy shit. Is this true? I hope so.

Netflix is also sending me the first season of The Shield, I might watch that instead since I don't like to do two shows at once.

Hmm, yeah, that's fair, BSG doesn't really have much "cheese" in the stereotypical sci-fi sense (that's not to say some stuff isn't cheesy).

If you like BSG, try Babylon 5 afterwards. Even better, but it's 90's sci-fi, but there is some cheese, mostly in S1.

I can still recommend it, because it fucking rocks.

Snuggler said:
Battlestar Galactica goes up on US Netflix streaming tomorrow, so it will probably be my next show if I like it. So, what I've heard is that it's a "smart" sci fi show, that someone who doesn't normally watch syfy can enjoy, not some cheesy shit. Is this true? I hope so.

yeah, give it a chance. if you like lost you can surely find something to like there

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Why didn't anyone ever tell me about Party Down? Just got into watching that, several eps into the 1st season. Fantastic.

"I cleaned up the dogshit!" *thumbs up*
:lol

hamchan

Finished off the Sopranos season 5, onto season 6 now. Good show.

Also i'm now 5 episodes into Spartacus after being told by people here to continue after I found the pilot dreadful. I must say, I really really love this show now :lol
It's amazing, I start getting excited when there are action bits. I find the use of slow mo and some of the camera angles so fantastic. It's just a really good, fun, beautiful and brutal show.

*thumbs up* to you guys.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i actually tried continuing my watching of THE SOPRANOS again a couple of days ago, and i just cannot force myself to care about the show. i am three episodes into season 2, and i just feel so little investment in what's happening, and i can't figure out why. i acknowledge it's a well-made show, but the stakes of the situations all seem so nonexistent or hollow even when they end in death or arrest.

master15

mad_men_second_season1_jpg_4a961b3635.jpg

With Netflix service launching in Canada recently, they have first 3 seasons available. I powered through first 2 seasons in a couple of days and midway through season 3. Boy do I ever love this show. I understand season 4 is currently airing, does it continue the trend?

just saw an episode of The big bang theory.......I dont have really high standards for comedy but man this was AWFUL. How the fuck is this a hit? Jokes you can see coming miles away. Worst laugh track ever. Crap acting. The tall nerd is a really horrible actor.

I had no idea the show was this bad.

Just got done with Season 1 of Dexter. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it.

Watched the first episode of season 2, and it is an interesting start. I kinda miss the stuff from season 1 already though. I know the could not keep the same mechanic going, but I don't know If I like the way they are going at this early point. I will be happy to be proved wrong though, and I probably will be.

master15 said:
mad_men_second_season1_jpg_4a961b3635.jpg

With Netflix service launching in Canada recently, they have first 3 seasons available. I powered through first 2 seasons in a couple of days and midway through season 3. Boy do I ever love this show. I understand season 4 is currently airing, does it continue the trend?

Oh yes, season 4 is gold.

big ander

demon said:
Why didn't anyone ever tell me about Party Down? Just got into watching that, several eps into the 1st season. Fantastic.

"I cleaned up the dogshit!" *thumbs up*
:lol
It's one of the best comedies of all time.

Keyser Soze said:
Just got done with Season 1 of Dexter. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it.

Watched the first episode of season 2, and it is an interesting start. I kinda miss the stuff from season 1 already though. I know the could not keep the same mechanic going, but I don't know If I like the way they are going at this early point. I will be happy to be proved wrong though, and I probably will be.
Maybe lowering your expectations: you might not like where it goes. I feel like, for the first 3 seasons of Dexter, the central conflict is slightly different, as are the emotional revelations they're tied to. The first 3 seasons are good, but different people will like different things.

Salazar

Mary Louise Parker just appeared in my West Wing rewatch.

I am, needless to say, in love. Oh, boy. I had almost forgotten how amazing she is.

Really? I absolutely loathed her character.

Anyway, I'm almost halfway through Season 5, and......I don't think it's nearly as bad as people made it sound. Sure, there is a change in the style of writing, and the loss of Rob Lowe's character is unfortunate, but the majority of what makes the show great is still there. I watched episodes 6-9 over the past two nights and I'd definitely put them up there with the rest of the show in terms of quality. I'm not at all regretting continuing watching The West Wing post-Sorkin.

lordoftherink said:
Really? I absolutely loathed her character.

Anyway, I'm almost halfway through Season 5, and......I don't think it's nearly as bad as people made it sound. Sure, there is a change in the style of writing, and the loss of Rob Lowe's character is unfortunate, but the majority of what makes the show great is still there. I watched episodes 6-9 over the past two nights and I'd definitely put them up there with the rest of the show in terms of quality. I'm not at all regretting continuing watching The West Wing post-Sorkin.
Season 5 is probably the worst of the bunch, but I still it's really good. Season 6 and 7 are really awesome, though.

Salazar

Just watched Posse Comitatus again.

Very unhappy. Enormously skilful, wondrous television. Mark Harmon was goddamned superb in that role.

Salazar

Generation Kill is breaking my brain.

Captain America is possibly one of the most annoying characters ever conceived or depicted.

Alexander Skarsgaard is astoundingly good. As is James Ransone.

hamchan

Finished The Sopranos Season 6 part 1. I can't wait to watch the second half.

Started Six Feet Under. I really liked the pilot so I'll keep watching.

Solo

bud said:
i've also been catching up on mad men. i'm five episodes into season two.

uh, yeah, it's excellent.

It gets even better. S3 is ridiculously good, especially the final few eps. S4 is amazing too, but so far I still prefer S3.

Drewsky

Solo said:
It gets even better. S3 is ridiculously good, especially the final few eps. S4 is amazing too, but so far I still prefer S3.
I just finished up season one. I really need to pick up two and three, I'm dying for some more.

I have a totally hetero man crush on Don Draper.

Salazar

Finished Season 1 of Hung.

Started Being Human. It's goddamned terrific, and not just because Annie is so damned hot. So glad I picked it up.

US GAF needs to get onto it. Syfy have ordered a US remake, but this is the fucking business.

^^ It's about to premiere this week here in Aus. I guess I'll watch it.

Just finished Season 4 of the IT Crowd. It was pretty great, I thought the Countdown episode was the funniest.

I also watched the pilot of Veronica Mars last night. It was much better than I remember it was from the glimpses I caught every now and then.

Anasui Kishibe said:
I've just finished watching the best TV show of 2010 so far

http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/Sherlock2010_S1_BLU.jpg[IMG]

seriously guys, buy it, kill someone to get it, do whatever you want but don't miss this[/QUOTE]
I just acquired that.

Salazar said:
Generation Kill is breaking my brain.

Captain America is possibly one of the most annoying characters ever conceived or depicted.

Alexander Skarsgaard is astoundingly good. As is James Ransone.

Man, gotta watch that again. Amazing experience. And - I'll admit - my favourite of the two post-Wire projects Simon has been involved in.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I've been watching the first season of Arresred Development of netflix instant. Holy shit so funny. Great characters.

Rokam

Nearly done with Season 1 of Eureka, it's a pretty good show, a lot of comedy, and now I'm wondering if I've missed out on any other SyFy gems. So anyone care to suggest any other shows that they carry that are on par with Eureka.

Salazar

Being Human Season 2.

Did Terry Wogan just persuade someone to kill somebody from inside the tv ?

Lyndsey Marshall and Lenora Crichlow are so damned hot and this show is so damned good.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm just a few episodes into The Shield. I know it's too early to judge, but it hasn't hooked me in yet. It just feels like a typical edgy cop drama with the only twist being that the lead is crooked.
I'm not sure how to feel about him shooting the new guy in the face. Maybe they're just trying to establish that he's a bad dude, but it felt a little too extreme. I'm hoping there might be a bit more to it.

I'll try to soldier my way through the first season since it still has potential but I'm not sure if it'll be my next show.

I also watched the first 2 episodes (technically 3&4 on Netflix) of Battlestar Gallactica. It seems very promising, but the religious stuff from the invisible red dress lady is really turning me off.

I'll still keep working on both since I really need something new to watch.

JaCy

Just finished watching all seasons of American Dad on Netflix. Other then the first season, it was funny as hell.

Roger1001.jpg

Plus Roger is awesome. <3

My girlfriend insisted I watch Boston Legal (starting from Season 2 though) as I'd previously seen it and not really been grabbed by it.

Really fun show and some superb writing, especially in the court room scenes. Some amazing characters, James Spader is my new hero what an actor.

Salazar

Californication.

Season 1. Pilot.

So fucking cool. I have missed you, Duchovny, and I didn't even know it.

Edit - Natasha McElhone is a goddess.

Hellcrow

Just finished Firefly!

Why did I do it? I was actually pissed on the sudden ending, but I guess the movie Serenity wraps stuff up. Should have decided to end the series with Out of Gas, would have been much better then the bounty hunter episode.

equil

I was flipping through the channels and got stuck on "The Apprentice."
I dunno but there's something about that show that made me keep watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom