• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnkitT

Finished watching all of Mr.Show with Bob and David. And it was pretty amazing! Loved how they connected all their sketches.

Salazar

The Sopranos.

I am into the third episode of Season 1.

So good :lol :lol

"Say bupkis, Paulie. That's how they say nuthin"

Salazar

Sopranos.

Near the end of Season 1.

I would have killed the mother. Manipulative bitch would have caught a bullet. No question.

Been watching Code Monkeys on Netflix. Wasn't a fan of the pilot, but a few episodes in and it's ridiculous and hilarious. Like Grandma's Boy: The Animated Series or something.

TripOpt55

I've been watching Damages Season 1. It's pretty good. Also checked out the first episode of Luther which was okay. I'll have to check out some more.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I couldn't get into The Shield or Battlestar Galactica. To be fair, I barely gave them a chance, but who gives a shit.

I started watching a show called 'The Wire', perhaps you've heard of it. About halfway through season 1 and I'm starting to wonder why I waited so long to watch it.

Success.

StuBurns

Banned
Salazar said:
Richie is just a malevolent sonofabitch, though. Not to tell Tony how to do his job, but I would have killed Richie very early on.
He is a twat for sure, I doubt you're going to have a change of heart about him, Janice is cool though going forward.

BigBoss said:
I just watched all of Firefly on Netflix plus the movie and I absolutely loved it, now I'm sad that its no more.

Seen Serenity yet? It gives a bit of closure though you'll just want more of the Firefly universe.

Salazar said:
Richie is just a malevolent sonofabitch, though. Not to tell Tony how to do his job, but I would have killed Richie very early on.

he's so good at it being an ass

him and tony have some great scenes together

15d7zh1.jpg

:lol

StuBurns

Banned
Is it him who calls him the godfather and he's pissed about it? Might be the guy from Boardwalk Empire. Either way that scene was awesome.

bud

Salazar said:
Argh.

So many Sopranos characters I want to die horribly. Richie and Janice: JUST TUMBLE OFF A CLIFF, FFS.

janice is the most annoying character in any tv show ever. even moreso than phoebe.

Monocle

Started watching Rome for the first time. I'm a few episodes in. It's been sort of an odd experience; my introduction to this show comes in the midst of my revisiting Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Spartacus explores social intrigue, sex and violence through a lens of heightened reality, while Rome's presentation is steadfast in its authenticity, almost stark by comparison. The contrast in tone would be difficult to exaggerate. This is an observation, not a complaint. I'm enjoying Rome and I intend to watch both seasons.

AnkitT

Started on Californication season 1. At episode four right now, and I am having a hard time sympathizing with Hank. Maybe it was meant this way, in which case, kudos! Still watching due to the incredibly hot women though. Hank's ex looks the best so far imo, but there's plenty of eye candy to go around.

Salazar

AnkitT said:
Started on Californication season 1. At episode four right now, and I am having a hard time sympathizing with Hank.

He's just a charismatic dick :lol

I don't think a great measure of sympathy is warranted or likely.

AnkitT

On episode 8 of Californication right now, the one where
his dad dies
. I am liking the direction where this is headed, beautiful episode.

Michael J Fox was on The Good Wife this week playing a sneakily brilliant handicapped lawyer and that wasn't even the best part. The ongoing circling between Kalinda and Blake (Scott Porter, formerly Jason motherfucking Street of FNL) topped that, with Kalinda beginning to comprehend the trouble she's found herself in and revealing fear for something like the first time ever. 'Twas also fun to watch Alan Cumming play the consummate political animal, managing to leak potentially damaging information of an opponent to another opponent and dodge the resulting fallout. This season keeps delivering.

AnkitT said:
Still watching due to the incredibly hot women though. Hank's ex looks the best so far imo, but there's plenty of eye candy to go around.

Well, you'll have Carla Gugino to look forward to, along with the rest of us, when you catch up.

CALIFORNICATION-Season-4-15.jpg

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
10 Episodes in Season 3 of Mad Men. And whoa @
Betty finding out about Don's true identity
. So excited to see how it plays out.

Salazar

Finished Californication Season 3.

I fucking hate Mia. If Season 4 opens with her falling under a train, I will shriek with delight.

Edit:
FUCK YEAH ROCKETMAN. SO GOOD

Salazar said:
Finished Californication Season 3.

I fucking hate Mia. If Season 4 opens with her falling under a train, I will shriek with delight.

Edit:
FUCK YEAH ROCKETMAN. SO GOOD

Yeah, it's pretty hard to sympathize with Mia at all after that ending. And Rocketman playing over Hank's confession to Karen was genius. The silver lining is that Hank's career will probably be back on track next season - it'll be interesting to see how they play that on top of the usual family and womanizing drama.

Salazar

Tim the Wiz said:
Yeah, it's pretty hard to sympathize with Mia at all after that ending. And Rocketman playing over Hank's confession to Karen was genius. The silver lining is that Hank's career will probably be back on track next season - it'll be interesting to see how they play that on top of the usual family and womanizing drama.

I liked Becca running at the cops, too - without any idea what they were arresting him for. I'd gone kind of mild on Becca's character, but that was sweet.

I'm rooting for Runkle, too. I want happy days for that motherfucker.

CiSTM

Banned
The Prisoner
bgE3p.jpg

Great show even though the stories are bit predictable but I still enjoy it. Some of my favorite episodes so far are The Schizoid Man, Checkmate, Free For All and Many Happy Returns.

CiSTM said:
The Prisoner

Great show even though the stories are bit predictable but I still enjoy it. Some of my favorite episodes so far are The Schizoid Man, Checkmate, Free For All and Many Happy Returns.

Predictable because so many tv shows and movies have copied it?

You've reminded me that I need to give the show a rewatch. From memory Many Happy Returns is one of my favourites too.

CiSTM

Banned
The Storyteller said:
Predictable because so many tv shows and movies have copied it?

You've reminded me that I need to give the show a rewatch. From memory Many Happy Returns is one of my favourites too.
If you are going to rewatch it you really should get it on BD. PQ & SQ are just amazing when compared any other previous release.

StuBurns said:
The Prisoner is TVs Citizen Kane. There is nothing before it, and nothing for many years after that even competes.

Indeed.

CiSTM said:
If you are going to rewatch it you really should get it on BD. PQ & SQ are just amazing when compared any other previous release.

I've already got it on DVD unforunately, I'd only buy it on bluray if the difference is a big one (and if the price is right). Maybe one day.

Also, I've gotten into The Big C the past few days, watched 7 episodes so far and I'm completely in love. It's infectiously fun and hilarious, and Laura Linney is giving possibly her best performance yet. It also hasn't managed to descend into preachy cheesiness yet, which is impressive for a show about a woman dying of cancer.

So, it's basically Breaking Bad's plot except about a dying women taking life by the balls and having as much fun as she can, instead of all the drug making and murder.

The Prisoner was so far ahead of its time. Everyone should check it out.

The Storyteller said:
Also, I've gotten into The Big C the past few days, watched 7 episodes so far and I'm completely in love. It's infectiously fun and hilarious, and Laura Linney is giving possibly her best performance yet. It also hasn't managed to descend into preachy cheesiness yet, which is impressive for a show about a woman dying of cancer.

So, it's basically Breaking Bad's plot except about a dying women taking life by the balls and having as much fun as she can, instead of all the drug making and murder.
I've been meaning to check this out for a while. LOVE Laura Linney. Possibly her best performance, you say? MUST WATCH.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just finished Mad Men Season 3. That was one incredible finale (along with the other three episodes that came before it), now on to season 4.:D

Salazar said:
Supernatural Season 5 Episode 2.

Oh yes, Jo. So fucking hot. Especially with a shotgun. I'm so glad.
5th season is incredibly good. You should be looking forward to "Changing Channels" (I believe it's the 8th or so episode), definitely the funniest episode of the show.

I watched the Season 2 finale and the Season 3 premiere of Fringe yesterday. (one day before it expired on Hulu, yay) Awesome. The show is actually a little like Supernatural in that it increased in quality consistently from its start. (I'm not sure about Supernatural S6 yet, all I know is that it's definitely not bad)

Oh yes, and John Noble is so, so good as Walter. In "Grey Matters",
when his memory is restored and he's old Walter again for a few seconds, that might be one of my favorite pieces of acting on television ever. ("What are you doing in my home?") Also Walternate is a badass.

AnkitT

Bought Californication season 2 and season 3 on blu-ray the day before. Went through season 2 yesterday, some really interesting parts, like
the rockstars death, Hank completing the memoir and Charlie becoming a car salesman

brianjones said:
prisoner is highly dated imo.

it has a couple of great episodes with a lot of mediocre filler.

*facepalm*

Yeah, I'm quite convinced most people on this site have no frakking idea what constitutes as filler. You missed the whole point of the show, just fyi.

Lafiel said:
Just finished Mad Men Season 3. That was one incredible finale (along with the other three episodes that came before it), now on to season 4.:D

Season 4 continues the awesomness (however, I do prefer season 3).

Salazar

AnkitT said:
Bought Californication season 2 and season 3 on blu-ray the day before. Went through season 2 yesterday, some really interesting parts, like
the rockstars death, Hank completing the memoir and Charlie becoming a car salesman

Yes, Season 2 was pretty fucking cool.

I'M THE KING OF FUCK MOUNTAIN !!!!!

Ashby getting the tv chef for Hank was so badass.

Salazar

Supernatural Season 5 is terrific so far. Up to episode 6 or so.

"It was a game"
Sam: "What, like Xbox ?"
"What's Xbox ?"

I don't know if they intended the burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom