• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Salazar said:
Your avatar and name means I am going to trust you on this :lol

You really need to watch Misfits, guy is totally telling the truth. Show is awesome, I watched the first season in a day and am not caught up. I am loving it. :D

Roche

Not a Jellyfish said:
You really need to watch Misfits, guy is totally telling the truth. Show is awesome, I watched the first season in a day and am not caught up. I am loving it. :D

I watched all of season 1 in a single day also! The show is just really gripping I honestly look forward to Thursday every week now because of it.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Roche178 said:
I watched all of season 1 in a single day also! The show is just really gripping I honestly look forward to Thursday every week now because of it.

As do I! It was perfect timing because Boardwalk Empire is ending soon, Its Always Sunny ( is on thursdays) will probably end soon, so it is the perfect show for me to fill that void.

Really, I watched the first season of heroes, liked the first half, hated the ending half and then never watched the show again because I don't want to see "superhero" stories where the whole focus is "hey superheroes!", comics are not like that, they are about the heroes internal struggles and their life. Misfits is a character drama with added complications, pretty much how everyone thinks their lives are, when really it is just as simple as everyone else's lives
hence, there being others affected by the storm.

sogood.gif

big ander

Net_Wrecker said:
Firefly, Arrested Development, and Avatar: The Last Airbender all mentioned on the same page....

I love you people :D :D
AND Terriers! Which everyone should be watching! Do it! RIGHT NOW!

Imm0rt4l said:
Saw "the next three days" last night. I went in not knowing anything about the movie, it was ok, not great.
Wrong topic man. We dont watch anything that requires over 47 minutes of uninterrupted attention in here.

CiSTM

Banned
Finished AD and it was pretty great. Best comedies I have ever seen. I still have to say I didn't really care for 3rd season it had many good episodes but it just felt that the show was really going out there (didn't mind Iraq stuff tho). So if this was the route ad was going to take I'm kinda glad we didn't see more seasons. Of course the season cut had to have huge impact on the writing so there is really no way to know where the show was going. I hope the movie comes out at some point 'cos they really had great set of characters and I would love to see 'em again on the screen.

Salazar

Up to Episode 3 of Friday Night Lights Season 1.

I am goddamn rising and falling with this team's fortunes. Incredibly good show.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Salazar said:
Up to Episode 3 of Friday Night Lights Season 1.

I am goddamn rising and falling with this team's fortunes. Incredibly good show.
Just you wait. You haven't even seen the best the show has to offer yet.

Salazar

Spotless Mind said:
Have you fallen head over heels in love with Tami yet?

Lyla's a tramp. Julie is sex itself distilled, frozen, melted, frozen again, and turned into gas. Tami - I would hit, but Coach would know when he looked in my eyes, so I'd be afraid while I was hitting it.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Salazar said:
Lyla's a tramp. Julie is sex itself distilled, frozen, melted, frozen again, and turned into gas. Tami - I would hit, but Coach would know when he looked in my eyes, so I'd be afraid while I was hitting it.
Tami's brain is her sexist asset. Her whole persona makes me weak in the knees :p

Mind you, I'm not often genuinely smitten with TV characters :lol but she's just that well played/written.

Dad gave me both seasons of Carnivale so I'll be starting them tonight. Looks interesting as hell. And any program that employs the shorter man from Twin Peaks has already won my respect/adoration.

big ander

CiSTM said:
Finished AD and it was pretty great. Best comedies I have ever seen. I still have to say I didn't really care for 3rd season it had many good episodes but it just felt that the show was really going out there (didn't mind Iraq stuff tho). So if this was the route ad was going to take I'm kinda glad we didn't see more seasons. Of course the season cut had to have huge impact on the writing so there is really no way to know where the show was going. I hope the movie comes out at some point 'cos they really had great set of characters and I would love to see 'em again on the screen.
I will never understand season 3 dislike. I love it nearly as much as the first two seasons. The MR F plot goes on maybe 2 or 3 episodes too long, but it's still so close to perfect.
And don't hold your breath for the movie. :(

Recently just finished season 1 of Boy Meets World. Still enjoy this show very much, but I definitely can't wait until the later seasons are released. Season 4 comes out next month so I might pick 2-4 then.

PhiLonius

Salazar said:

:lol I need to do a S1-3 re-watch sometime soon.

Loving the FNL praise ITT. I was so devasted when I found out there was no new episode this week thanks to Thanksgiving. :(

The Storyteller said:
Just finished the first season of Misfits. I think I've found my new favourite obsession. It's been a while since I've so quickly slipped into loving every character in a cast, but this show has managed it quite easily. Even when half the characters are massive douchebags, quite an achievement. Love the darkly hilarious tone too.

What a great show.

CiSTM said:
Arrested Development :lol
Back when the show started I only watched the pilot and for some reason I didn't like it. But now only after 4 episodes this ranks among my top 10 tv shows.

I still don't like the pilot even though AD is my favourite comedy show of all time.

Gary Whitta said:
THE WIRE. I got tired of people making faces at me when I said I'd never seen it so I got the box set and have been working through it. Two seasons down, just starting on the third.

Yeah, when people say it's one of the best TV shows ever made, they weren't kidding.
Let us know what you think when you're done. A film writer's perspective would be great.

MPW

just finished miami vice season 1

easily one of the best shows i've watched

music, style, chemistry between the 2 lead characters, storyline ... too bad michael mann couldn't deliver on the miami vice movie

Spotless Mind said:
That said, it does earn the distinction of having the single worst episode of the show, Ninety Miles Away. Kate Harper is a goddamn worthless addition to the ensemble.
Holy shit, you weren't kidding. Terrible, terrible episode, I'd put it alongside Issac and Ishmael for worst of the show's run. Thankfully, the rest of the season has continued to be solid. I might finish it tonight, have three episodes left to watch. The campaign trail episodes (Opposition Research, King Corn, Freedonia, La Palabra) are so good. In fact, there are a couple moments in Freedonia: Santos' impromptu television spot, and also the doorway conversation earlier with one of the members of his capaign staff where he voices his concerns over his representation during the campaign, that reminded me, both in terms of the subject matter and the quality, to the Carcetti campaign in Season 4 of The Wire. I'm not trying to suggest the two seasons are directly comparable, I'm just saying this season of The West Wing has really surprised me with how good it has been.

ive started watching West Wing cause StuBurns wouldnt shut up about it ( j/k ;) ) .. am enjoying it so far, although at times the "walk with me" dialogue gets a little exhausting.

one thing i'm always taken aback with when i watch network TV shows is the season length

i'm so used to 13 episode seasons these days

Just watched four episodes of Carnivale. It's like... Someone took everything I loved about Twin Peaks and made another show, with a completely different setting. :lol Really liking it so far.

Salazar

Catalix said:
Tami's brain is her sexist asset. Her whole persona makes me weak in the knees :p

Mind you, I'm not often genuinely smitten with TV characters :lol but she's just that well played/written.

I'm starting to see it. I bought Season 2 this morning, even though GAF seems to believe that FNL fell off in S2 and then rallied the fuck up in S3. I figure I won't enjoy Season 3 as much if I don't get through S2, because this show appears to just build and fucking build.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
afternoon delight said:
Just watched four episodes of Carnivale. It's like... Someone took everything I loved about Twin Peaks and made another show, with a completely different setting. :lol Really liking it so far.

I got through the first season ok but drop it on the second for some reason, maybe it was because it got canned :(

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
afternoon delight said:
Yeah. I feel that show is the closet thing to a spiritual successor to twin peaks. And I can't make a carnivale post without mentioning how bad-ass clancy brown is.:lol

Jay Sosa

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Ok after a few more eps of PhoneShop I can definitely say everyone needs to watch it :lol :lol

Not so much info, I can't take anymore!

finally finished Chuck season two. Kicking off S3 tomorrow. Gaf thinks it's woeful but I don't care; the finale for S2 was some heart thumping jar full of awesomesauce that made me so damned pumped for all things Chuck

jesus, really. Chuck's season two finale is one of the BEST EVER

:lol You should know by now that there are always people on GAF who think that this or that is the "worst season EVER!!!" or better yet that the series "finally jumped the shark!!!!"

I think it's kinda funny and don't give a shit, that's one of the reasons I never post in or even read the official threads. If I'm looking for recomendations I ask in this thread and already watched lots of good stuff because of it (Father Ted for instance)

CiSTM

Banned
big ander said:
I will never understand season 3 dislike. I love it nearly as much as the first two seasons. The MR F plot goes on maybe 2 or 3 episodes too long, but it's still so close to perfect.
And don't hold your breath for the movie. :(

MR F was actually one of the plots that killed the season for me. When Michael and Rita first met you already knew she was
special
and the real
MR. F mystery
wasn't so hard to figure out either so only thing for you was to wait for them to unveil the obvious plot course and even that was dragged out too long. Rest of the episodes felt like fillers and didn't do it for me. Sick Tobias was funny tho.

Jay Sosa

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Well i watched the whole season now. Awesome shit.

Ok, well you convinced me now. :p

btw. Since when is IMDB so shitty? I still have no idea what the show is about..

TV.com is a bit better, guess it's a comedy about a phoneshop, who would've thought..

Ctrl+F'd "Mad Men" in the last couple of pages and got no results.

What is wrong with you Gaf.

Watched it yesterday when switching channels, looks ok, but I don't like the 60 at all so I'll pass. Simply too much great stuff I still have to catch up on.

big ander

Koodo said:
Ctrl+F'd "Mad Men" in the last couple of pages and got no results.

What is wrong with you Gaf.
I'm planning on watching seasons 1-3 over winter break. Right now there aren't as much watching because the newest season just ended, but I don't think new fans have started to catch up yet.
CiSTM said:
MR F was actually one of the plots that killed the season for me. When Michael and Rita first met you already knew she was
special
and the real
MR. F mystery
wasn't so hard to figure out either so only thing for you was to wait for them to unveil the obvious plot course and even that was dragged out too long. Rest of the episodes felt like fillers and didn't do it for me. Sick Tobias was funny tho.
I didn't think it was obvious :/ I'm like the only one though :lol

And if this Carnivale is like Twin Peaks, then I'm going to have to watch it.

CiSTM

Banned
Breaking Bad S3. Woah, that was a thrill! Loved the first season and season two soared the show for me but I finally decided to start watching it again and it was a good call. Pinkman is still one anoying character but during this season he became at least little more likable. Last episode of the season had amazing ending and can't wait to see where the show goes from here too bad it's a long wait for the next season.

Started watching The West Wing. I'm 5 episodes in and it isn't pulling in me completely but it's definitely not bad. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

Drewsky

CiSTM said:
Breaking Bad S3. Woah, that was a thrill! Loved the first season and season two soared the show for me but I finally decided to start watching it again and it was a good call. Pinkman is still one anoying character but during this season he became at least little more likable. Last episode of the season had amazing ending and can't wait to see where the show goes from here too bad it's a long wait for the next season.
Season 2 soared the show for you? Do you mean soured? If so that's crazy, I think Breaking Bad has gotten progressively better, season 2 being better than 1.

besiktas1

Sorry for the bump; and a slightly OT bump at that, but I didn't think it warranted it's own thread.

I am looking for a new tv show to watch because now I'm finished with Scrubs, Batman Beyond and the Middle is shit. I need something that is light as in don't have to pay much attention to it, so for example I can watch it on the go/while eating breakfast/waiting to get sleepy. Preferably funny and 20 minutes long. It can be animation.

StuBurns

Banned
besiktas1 said:
Sorry for the bump; and a slightly OT bump at that, but I didn't think it warranted it's own thread.

I am looking for a new tv show to watch because now I'm finished with Scrubs, Batman Beyond and the Middle is shit. I need something that is light as in don't have to pay much attention to it, so for example I can watch it on the go/while eating breakfast/waiting to get sleepy. Preferably funny and 20 minutes long. It can be animation.
It's a long shot, but have you seen Seinfeld? If not, it is perfect.

besiktas1

StuBurns said:
Thought of trying Spaced? British sitcom from the Shaun of the Dead gang.
Hmm never heard of it. Maybe that. I could try Seinfield too. lol I'm not sure, the spaced dvd is £10 on amazon so may be worth a shot, or could try in my local hmv or something...

big ander

besiktas1 said:
Hmm never heard of it. Maybe that. I could try Seinfield too. lol I'm not sure, the spaced dvd is £10 on amazon so may be worth a shot, or could try in my local hmv or something...
It's on Hulu. Check it out, it's similar to Scrubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom