• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

anaron said:
I recommend much brain-bleach following this season - and so do the writers. :lol

I would
probably have set up a trap, had the team (minus Saracen) beat the shit out of him, and handed him to the cops

Salazar said:
:lol :lol :lol

Landry
KILLS THE DUDE!!!!!!?????????

Crack was smoked when this plot was written.

:lol

I love that plotline, not only is it hilarious but the writers clearly learnt their lesson after that season too. Less (melodramatic unrealistic bullshit) is most certainly more.
I do think that other than that the rest of the season is fine, other than a few other shitty subplots as has been pointed out, thankfully the resolutions are mostly well done so that makes up for it somewhat.

Lafiel said:
The Wire should have higher priority then breaking bad anyway.

He also promised to watch the first episode of Doctor Who season 5, which I assume he hasn't. Solo fail.

Jay Sosa

smurfx said:
watching dragon ball kai. love not having all the damn filler.

:lol I actually thought it was kind of funny that some fights lasted almost an entire season, made it easier to miss a couple of episodes.

But thanks for reminding me, this will come out on BR right?

Salazar said:
:lol :lol :lol

Landry
KILLS THE DUDE!!!!!!?????????

Crack was smoked when this plot was written.
Haha, yep. I probably could've lived with the
murder *if* it was in self defense, but the dumping of the body/cover-up on top it?
So frakkin dumb. It's a testament to the writers and especially the acting of both Plemons and Palicki that they were able to dig themselves out of that mess. Season 3 is a wonderful bounce back in quality and it has continued with season 4 and 5.

Solo

The Storyteller said:
He also promised to watch the first episode of Doctor Who season 5, which I assume he hasn't. Solo fail.

Couldn't find it anywheres and gave up/became apathetic. Internet fail!

CiSTM

Banned
Done with Mad Men s1&2. Don't really know what to think I really like some parts of it and for some parts I just don't care. I have to say that the show became increasingly more interesting during the second season. Don's walk about could have been dealt in fewer eps tho. I have already ordered s3&4 and even though I'm still bit neutral about the show I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

I guess I'll just have to put lost into my backlog again :D well maybe next year.

CiSTM said:
Done with Mad Men s1&2. Don't really know what to think I really like some parts of it and for some parts I just don't care. I have to say that the show became increasingly more interesting during the second season. Don's walk about could have been dealt in fewer seasons tho. I have already ordered s3&4 and even though I'm still bit neutral about the show I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

I honestly was pretty on the fence about the show during it's first 2 seasons, I could certainly see why people loved it so much, it just never did that much for me. But everything clicked for me in season 3, and I genuinely love it to bits now. Maybe it'll be the same for you too.

Salazar

CiSTM said:
I have already ordered s3&4 and even though I'm still bit neutral about the show I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

The schoolteacher in Season 3 is a FOX. That's what's up.

StuBurns

Banned
Firefly Update

I just finished War Stories, episode ten, it's the first one I didn't enjoy. Really over the top, poorly written, terribly directed, bad all round.

I think Kaylee and River are going to hook up. There's a strange undercurrent of sexual liberation about this show, it's kind of both hot and creepy.

I hope the remainder of the show is a little more human drama and less absurd hostage shit, there's not much left.

Picked up Dollhouse Season 1 on Blu-ray thanks to Amazon's Black Friday $10 deal.

Watched the first two episodes and I definitely like the show. It's been a long time since I've wanted to watch episodes back to back.

But man, did they have to put so many trailers for different movies before the actual disc starts up? It's a pain.

Great lineup of old cult comedy on IFC next year:
Onion A|V Club said:
IFC adds The Larry Sanders Show, Mr. Show, other awesome shows

Cementing its status as keeper of the flame for TV’s greatest cult comedy series, IFC will add the complete runs of The Larry Sanders Show, The Ben Stiller Show, Mr. Show, and the hilarious Jay Mohr-starring comedy Action to an already solid roster that includes Arrested Development, Freaks And Geeks, Undeclared, and Monty Python’s Flying Circus. Even better, the network will run these together in one 90-minute orgy of awesomeness three nights a week, with host Scott Aukerman (Comedy Death-Ray) presiding over new interviews with the writers, creators, and stars of each show along with the comedians who have been influenced by them, which is to say everyone. IFC’s new comedy block launches on January 3.

Tesseract

Banned
so973l.png

best tv show ever.

big ander

Cornballer said:
Btw, it sounds like The Killing is going to premiere in March:
Sweet. Jace at Televisionary seems to love the pilot: he calls it a mix of The Wire, Damages, and Twin Peaks. So pumped.

I gotta say, ever since I finished the series, there isn't a day that goes by in which the theme song of The West Wing doesn't play in my head.

big ander said:
Sweet. Jace at Televisionary seems to love the pilot: he calls it a mix of The Wire, Damages, and Twin Peaks. So pumped.
TVbytheNumbers has the press release.
“The Killing” ties together three distinct stories around a single murder including the detectives assigned to the case, the victim’s grieving family and the suspects. Set in Seattle, the story also explores local politics as it follows politicians connected to the case. As the series unfolds, it becomes clear that there are no accidents; everyone has a secret, and while the characters think they’ve moved on, their past isn’t done with them.

“The Killing” stars Mireille Enos (“Big Love”) as Sarah Linden, who is the lead homicide detective that investigates the death of Rosie Larsen. Other castings include: Billy Campbell (“Once and Again,” Enough) as Darren Richmond, Seattle’s City Council President, running for Mayor;Michelle Forbes (“True Blood”) as Mitch Larsen, Rosie’s mother; Joel Kinnaman (Snabba Cash) as Stephen Holder, an ex-narc cop who joins the homicide division in the investigation to find Rosie Larsen’s killer; and Brent Sexton (W., In the Valley of Elah) as Stan Larsen, Rosie’s father.

Tesseract

Banned
allow me to quote an exchange between gary whitta and salazar,

Gary Whitta said:
Best television show of the last 20 years.

Salazar said:
I will set up a machine gun nest and some snacks behind this assertion and defend it to the last bullet, the final chocolate bar, until I verily expire.

that's goddamn right.

Recon

Banned
Just finished season 3 of The IT Crowd, damn if this isn't one of the funniest shows out there. Moss is probably my favorite character on television!

big ander

Cornballer said:
Michelle Forbes and Billy Campbell are pretty recognizable. I don't know any of the other actors.
I didn't recognize Forbes' name but her roles and face are very recognizable. Still don't recognize the other guy, but his filmography seems extensive.
ReconYoda said:
Just finished season 3 of The IT Crowd, damn if this isn't one of the funniest shows out there. Moss is probably my favorite character on television!
Excellent show.

Enco

big ander said:

The show was perfect. Never have I been kept on the edge of my seat so much.

I had to take a break and walk around during one certain scene because I got into it so much :lol

Drewsky

Enco said:

I had to take a break and walk around during one certain scene because I got into it so much :lol
Really it's that good? I never even thought to give that one a chance.

CiSTM

Banned
Enco said:
If we're talking about the best tv show ever, nothing will ever top:

http://www.hoozie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/prison_break.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

:lol this show. It really started to piss me off about five episodes later when [U]every [/U]god damn episode had cliffhanger ending! I kept up till episode 13 and then I missed one episode and I didn't care at all then I realised I don't have to watch it :) My friends followed the show religiously so I saw episode from here and there in the later seasons and I'm actually kinda curious, did the guard and the latino dude [spoiler]bust out from that panamanian jail[/spoiler] ?

big ander

Enco said:

Fair enough. I caught the majority of season 1 and liked it, and then I caught parts of the later seasons. I never thought it was phenomenal though.

TripOpt55

I watched Prison Break over the summer. The first season is great. After that it's less good, but still entertaining. It is extremely ridiculous at times and really over the top, but if that doesn't bother you it's a good time I think.

I just started watching Chuck. Found the first season on DVD for $15. Seems good so far. They had the second season for $15 too so I may just go grab it as well.

Enco

big ander said:
Fair enough. I caught the majority of season 1 and liked it, and then I caught parts of the later seasons. I never thought it was phenomenal though.
Drewsky said:
Really it's that good? I never even thought to give that one a chance.
To me it was.

Probably because I've always been interested in such a storyline.

CiSTM said:
:lol this show. It really started to piss me off about five episodes later when every god damn episode had cliffhanger ending! I kept up till episode 13 and then I missed one episode and I didn't care at all then I realised I don't have to watch it :) My friends followed the show religiously so I saw episode from here and there in the later seasons and I'm actually kinda curious, did the guard and the latino dude
bust out from that panamanian jail
?
T-bag, Bellick and Lechero get caught. That's the pedo guy, guard from the first season and the black dude.
That's the part where I really started stressing because I was so engrossed :lol

Lots of other very tense moments too.

We're sneaking closer to the end of the year, so critics are starting to get their top 10 lists together. Maureen Ryan posted her's today. She kinda cheats by listing 14 shows. More info via the link, but here's her list for 2010:
ABC's comedy trifecta -- 'Cougar Town,' 'Modern Family' and 'Better Off Ted.'
AMC's drama trifecta -- 'Mad Men,' 'Rubicon' and 'Breaking Bad.'
'Boardwalk Empire,' HBO
'Fringe,' Fox
'The Good Wife,' CBS
'Lost,' ABC
'Parks and Recreation,' NBC
'Party Down,' Starz
'Spartacus: Blood and Sand,' Starz
'Terriers,' FX

First pic from The Killing is up, too:
5sfoj.jpg
Lead homicide detective Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and ex-narc cop Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) investigate the death of Rosie Larsen in AMC's newest original series, The Killing, premiering in March 2011. (Photo credit: Chris Large/AMC)
Maybe I'll make a pre-premiere thread for The Killing tomorrow if I have time.

CiSTM

Banned
Cornballer said:
First pic from The Killing is up, too:
5sfoj.jpg
Maybe I'll make a pre-premiere thread for The Killing tomorrow if I have time.

I wonder how similar this will be with the danish show. I guess I could still give it a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom