• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonto340

Did anyone else notice
Sheryl Lee
was credited at the end? Did I miss something?

Most "Twin Peaks" episode yet, things are starting to come together. I fucking loved it.
Saw that too and just assumed that was always in the credits. Maybe I'll check a little later.

gun_haver

i thought the sweeping was funny. it of course crossed my mind 'is this our 'there's no band in the bang bang bar tonight' scene' to end the episode? then i looked at the clock and realised we had several more minutes and i realised it was basically a joke. almost like 'yeah this episode had a lot going on, bet you thought you were gonna get a stinger at the end, but nope, sweeping'

and then they gave us coop getting out of jail and the true final scene in the R+R (which was so nice to see).

PolishQ

Man, awesome episode!

I realized tonight that Evil Coop has been trapped in federal prison exactly as long as Good Coop has been "trapped" in his Dougie haze. Now that Evil Coop is loose, will Good Coop similarly be freed? Especially considering his absolutely nuts confrontation with Ike tonight.

And I'm not suggesting that their mental states are somehow linked to each other, but there may be some narrative mirroring going on.

Maligna

Banned
The Doc Hayward scene revealing that Audrey was in coma after the bank explosion puts an entirely new level of awfulness on the fan theory that Richard Horne is Audrey and Evil Coop's son.

If it turns out to be the case, that means that evil Coop raped a comatose Audrey. Yikes.

gun_haver

The Doc Hayward scene revealing that Audrey was in coma after the bank explosion puts an entirely new level of awfulness on the fan theory that Richard Horne is Audrey and Evil Coop's son.

If it turns out to be the case, that means that evil Coop raped a comatose Audrey. Yikes.

i don't think we really got any indication of that, uh. she just WAS in a coma after the explosion, but her state for the last 25 years in general hasn't been commented on so far.

however i kind of do think it's clear that cooper's doppleganger showed up at diane's house and raped her, judging by how angry she was at him and how upset she was when she realised that the guy she thought was cooper all these years might be something else. this is the BOB type of villain, after all, if not BOB himself. he revels in that kind of torture - two people who respected each other as much as diane and cooper, he just ruined that relationship.

this could be the key, or one of the keys, to getting people to truly hate cooper's doppleganger.

Uh, I kinda doubt they'll go that dark. At least I'd hope so :/

On the contrary, I thought the scene was pretty clear in showing that he was rejecting her advances.

His body language seemed interested, but not interested enough to do something yet was what I got from that interaction.

Also love that there's an entire scene dedicated to Jerry freaking out from pot. This is prime Peaks right here folks.

hes TRYING TO DO GOOD!

He may be old but those habits die hard. Despite his proclamations to Jerry earlier I have doubts he'll keep it zipped up.

Kemal86

Ugh. I was already wondering if Evil Coop had raped Diane, based on their confrontation this week.

Also, there was the return of the prison cell guy! The scene where he walks into frame as a black smudge was chilling.

On the contrary, I thought the scene was pretty clear in showing that he was rejecting her advances.

Ben actually seems like a decent guy in his old age, at least so far.

fenners

however i kind of do think it's clear that cooper's doppleganger showed up at diane's house and raped her, judging by how angry she was at him and how upset she was when she realised that the guy she thought was cooper all these years might be something else. this is the BOB type of villain, after all, if not BOB himself. he revels in that kind of torture - two people who respected each other as much as diane and cooper, he just ruined that relationship.

That was my reading of it all too.

Flipyap

Wow, this was... disappointing.
The first 15 minutes and all the Hawksplaining didn't feel like it was directed by Lynch.
The gimmick of casting a telephone as Harry S. Truman isn't working working for me at all unless they plan on having a surprise cameo. Though it better not be over Skype.
It's the first time I felt like the pacing became an issue - not the slow scene (I still love those), but obscuring things that aren't mysteries and placing them hours apart - this absolutely should have been our introduction to Diane. Tammy made her discovery two parts ago and the moment they returned to that subplot, they disposed of it with one heck of a clunky piece of exposition.

Dougie and the humming wood were the highlights of this episode part. The scene where a dude sweeps the Roadhouse floor was so audacious, it got the biggest laugh out of me this week.

The Doc Hayward scene revealing that Audrey was in coma after the bank explosion (...)
I believe that was mentioned in The Secret History. Wasn't it?

gun_haver

yeah beverley seemed like she was into ben but not that they have actually been having an affair, she's obviously got some kind of situation going on at home with her sick husband who is also a jealous sick husband. a tough situation for them all really. well, except ben, who while he hasn't done anything bad so far, let us all not forget is a real son of a bitch most of the time.

Also, there was the return of the prison cell guy! The scene where he walks into frame as a black smudge was chilling.

I like how he's just a phantom at this point that intersects with the real world, even though the Pentagon lady looked in his general direction not sure if she could really see him, more sense a presence.

I thought he was about to get the agent lady :x

Same, with the music was getting slasher movie vibes.

TB14

Downloading now. Trying to watch it through the website on my PC reminded me why pretty much no one uses Flash anymore.

Chitown B

lol the sweeping was def an exercise in patience, but I felt this one flowed a lot better overall than the prior parts. I enjoyed the sustained Great Northern scene due to how little we've seen of it so far, love the atmosphere in there.

I liked the GN part but it just felt like wasted space to me in parts..... like, if anyone else I knew was watching that type of scene they would've just shut it off.

I felt like the zooming to wood was going to show Josie even though I knew it wouldn't...

PolishQ

however i kind of do think it's clear that cooper's doppleganger showed up at diane's house and raped her, judging by how angry she was at him and how upset she was when she realised that the guy she thought was cooper all these years might be something else.

Nah. Diane absolutely has not met this iteration of Coop before. She was asking about the last time they saw each other because that's something the "real" Coop would remember. I did get the impression that they had slept together, but consensually.

I liked the GN part but it just felt like wasted space to me in parts..... like, if anyone else I knew was watching that type of scene they would've just shut it off.

I felt like the zooming to wood was going to show Josie even though I knew it wouldn't...

Yeah I didn't think they'd show her either but was hoping for some splinter reality weirdness inside the wood. Clearly all bets are off for predictions at this point but I have a feeling we won't be seeing a bunch more of the Lodge unless its from One Armed Man doing his lodge skype calls to Droolcoop, or the Arm giving him impromptu kung fu lessons :p

Though I can see Laura's exit being a thing.

I didn't consider it but yeah I'd say it's a 100% certainty that Boop is Richard's father.

The first thing we see him do is exactly what Boop did in the hotel room. Don't get much clearer than that.

As far as Twin Peaks not going that dark? I don't know if you caught the first few seasons but a guy was raping his daughter.

PolishQ

Yeah I didn't think they'd show her either but was hoping for some splinter reality weirdness inside the wood. Clearly all bets are off for predictions at this point but I have a feeling we won't be seeing a bunch more of the Lodge unless its from One Armed Man doing his lodge skype calls to Droolcoop, or the Arm giving him impromptu kung fu lessons :p

Though I can see Laura's exit being a thing.

Unless Hawk tries to go in, thinking Coop is still in there...

gun_haver

Nah. Diane absolutely has not met this iteration of Coop before. She was asking about the last time they saw each other because that's something the "real" Coop would remember. I did get the impression that they had slept together, but consensually.

No, I think you've misread that. She asked him about the night he came to her apartment, which he (bad cooper) clearly remembered and taunted her about. I think back then in the moment she just assumed it was him at first, as most people do, but later with whatever terrible thing he did, she began to question could that really be the guy I knew, and now in this new meeting she has confirmed it in her own mind as not Dale Cooper.

There's room for interpretation and the next episodes will clear it up but I don't feel like in any way Dale and Diane were romantically involved before 'that night' or that it was the real Dale. It feels like a violation of trust occurred big time.

I didn't consider it but yeah I'd say it's a 100% certainty that Boop is Richard's father.

The first thing we see him do is exactly what Boop did in the hotel room. Don't get much clearer than that.

As far as Twin Peaks not going that dark? I don't know if you caught the first few seasons but a guy was raping his daughter.

I don't know, obviously terrible things have happened but raping a coma patient just doesn't seem like the direction things are gonna go. Call it a hunch.

Unless Hawk tries to go in, thinking Coop is still in there...

Oof, don't want to think about Hawk getting trapped in there :/

No, I think you've misread that. She asked him about the night he came to her apartment, which he (bad cooper) clearly remembered and taunted her about. I think back then in the moment she just assumed it was him at first, as most people do, but later with whatever terrible thing he did, she began to question could that really be the guy I knew, and now in this new meeting she has confirmed it in her own mind as not Dale Cooper.

There's room for interpretation and the next episodes will clear it up but I don't feel like in any way Dale and Diane were romantically involved before 'that night' or that it was the real Dale. It feels like a violation of trust occurred big time.

This was also my read of the Diane/Mr C convo. He def seemed like he was the one there at her apartment and that's why she had the seeming history of scorn for him. We also have to take into account Mr C for some reason had a diff voice in that interrogation room than he does outside it. Not sure what that's saying exactly, maybe a continuity issue. Doesn't sound as hollow or out of it when he's talking to the warden in his office.

120v

holy crap i had no idea the doc hayward actor was still alive

loving every minute of this. just the perfect mixture of lynch avant garde and coherent storytelling. i was never even the biggest twin peaks fan but this is all mindblowing

Levito

Banned

The tone of this new season and Fire Walk With Me isn't "quirky" like the first two seasons but yeah I don't get how people didn't think the original seasons were dark too. When you learn who killed Laura it's like... good lord I just think of Leland trying to dance with Maddy while Bob is kissing her all over her bloody face. How's that not dark? lol

The tone of this new season and Fire Walk With Me isn't "quirky" like the first two seasons but yeah I don't get how people didn't think the original seasons were dark too. When you learn who killed Laura it's like... good lord I just think of Leland trying to dance with Maddy is kissing her all over her bloody face. How's that not dark? lol

As dark as this season has been, nothing beats the leland/maddy scene. That shit was insane, and awful to watch.

I don't see any room for interpretation honestly. Diane, Cooper's closest confidant, now detests the FBI. It's clear that she blames them for getting her involved in their partnership in the first place.

Boop clearly went on a spree destroying the most important people in Cooper's life, raping a comatose Audrey and tracking down Diane to do the same. He even killed Major Briggs, who A Secret History reveals had a strong relationship with him.

Levito

Banned
He's since died, unfortunately. This episode was dedicated to him. Also, he was Mark Frost's dad.

Do we know if Donna is even going to be mentioned in this new season? I don't care too much but she was involved with a pretty big cliffhanger with Ben last we saw her.

PolishQ

I don't see any room for interpretation honestly. Diane, Cooper's closest confidant, now detests the FBI. It's clear that she blames them for getting her involved in their partnership in the first place.

Boop clearly went on a spree destroying the most important people in Cooper's life, raping a comatose Audrey and tracking down Diane to do the same. He even killed Major Briggs, who A Secret History reveals had a strong relationship with him.

Ehhh.... I won't buy the Diane thing unless the show explicitly reveals it. It took her what, five minutes tonight before she was utterly sure that this wasn't the real Cooper? Why would she even need to look at him if she had already been assaulted by him? Why wouldn't she mention that to Albert and Cole?

Obviously she has some beef with the FBI but I think it's something else. Like maybe she had a thing for Cooper but felt abandoned when he disappeared. Or maybe she found Cooper completely annoying, and hated transcribing his endless cassette tapes.

But in terms of "that night", it was pretty obvious to me that she was testing his memory. And she discovered that Evil Coop does have Good Coop's memories, but he's missing something else in his heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom