• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the Arm touch the gun? Ike's hand could have been burned/electrocuted.

Kinda? Maybe?

DCpqd3bVYAAwP7t.jpg

The second word he said to Cole was reversed ("It's yrev very good to see you again, old friend") and the fingerprint on his second finger is reversed (you know, counting from the pinky inward).

Cole mentioned something about the ring finger representing the "spiritual mound" or somesuch. Palmistry, I suppose? I don't know the details behind that, but I understood it to mean that something is spiritually messed up about this particular Cooper.

Makes you wonder if all the instances of reversed footage in the previous episodes were actually deliberate and not just products of sloppy editing tricks like some in this thread have suggested.

Chitown B

Because here's how her earlier scene would have gone:

Cole: "We have Cooper in a federal prison and we think there might be something wrong with him. We need you to look at him."
Diane: "No need. There's definitely something wrong with him. He raped me 25 years ago. He had just gotten back from Twin Peaks and it made him evil."

And what the hell is her line of questioning in the interrogation if not "I'm going to ask him something only the real Cooper would know" ?

agreed

It's worth remembering that Doop was a lot more competent at playing the role of Dale Cooper 25 years ago. He wasn't the stone cold mullet man back when he hypothetically would have met with Diane.

I just chuckle at this, we take it seriously and its literally a tree brain mr miyaging a catonic lobotimized man into squeezing the hand off a midget hitman.

Bless David Lynch.

It's poetry :p

Was laughing my ass off, yet still thought it was cool.

It's worth remembering that Doop was a lot more competent at playing the role of Dale Cooper 25 years ago. He wasn't the stone cold mullet man back when he hypothetically would have met with Diane.

Was he though? He seemed really hung up on toothpaste and dental hygiene. I do like the theory put forth earlier that he did the mirror thing to get close to Annie/Audrey however.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Just finished. Thoughts:

- Soot guy freaked me out.
- Love Albert and Gordon. "You heard me." - Rolling.
- Diane is the opposite of what I expect and is amazing.
- Doc Heyward's last scene is sad, just like the Log Lady.
- New Sheriff Truman continues to be awesome.
- Janey-E continues to be awesome.
- Coop takedown was nice to see. All the instincts are still there.
- I think the peanut sweeping scene works great for an intermission while rewatching an 18 hour movie. Act One complete?

Flipyap

Makes you wonder if all the instances of reversed footage in the previous episodes were actually deliberate and not just products of sloppy editing tricks like some in this thread have suggested.
How does Doop saying one word backwards (deliberately filmed normally) make you wonder if time is flowing in reverse for Denise and Sonny Jim?

Well this Vanity Fair writer is all aboard the Doop/Audrey rape theory

They also think he may have sexually assaulted Diane that evening.

If the Audrey thing is where this is heading curious if that was why Sherilyn was initially so upset with what they did to the character for her part. Or could've just been shorter role than she wanted :shrugs

Pretty sure she recanted the original frustration on twitter and said she was happy with what they did with Audrey. Eager to see her reappearance.

It's poetry :p

Was laughing my ass off, yet still thought it was cool.

Was he though? He seemed really hung up on toothpaste and dental hygiene. I do like the theory put forth earlier that he did the mirror thing to get close to Annie/Audrey however.
He was obviously a little off in the scene where he wakes up in the Great Northern, but he still looked like young, handsome Coop back then, and he still smiled and laughed and faked concern for Annie. S3 Doop can't even speak right.

How does Doop saying one word backwards (deliberately filmed normally) make you wonder if time is flowing in reverse for Denise and Sonny Jim?

With Sonny Jim specifically, he's the son of a Doppelganger and therefore partially related to the lodge (where time kinda flows backwards). Plus that shot occurred right after Coop started crying so it seems like they were directly trying to draw attention to it. The Denise thing I didn't notice, but I'm not going to declare it was a mistake until the end of the season.

Time distortion has played a major role in the series so far and that scene confirms it appears in the mundane world as well as the lodge.

Just finished. Thoughts:

- Soot guy freaked me out.
- Love Albert and Gordon. "You heard me." - Rolling.
- Diane is the opposite of what I expect and is amazing.
- Doc Heyward's last scene is sad, just like the Log Lady.
- New Sheriff Truman continues to be awesome.
- Janey-E continues to be awesome.
- Coop takedown was nice to see. All the instincts are still there.
- I think the peanut sweeping scene works great for an intermission while rewatching an 18 hour movie. Act One complete?

That's the exact feeling I got from it, and the diner too. It's gonna be weird if we're going into Act Two right before the break, though.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The prison guy scene with the Lieutenant had me on the edge of my seat, damn. Lynch is an expert for suspense. I wonder if she saw him, because she looked in the direction he was in.

Great episode. Good Coop still got it. So awesome.

We also have to take into account Mr C for some reason had a diff voice in that interrogation room than he does outside it. Not sure what that's saying exactly, maybe a continuity issue. Doesn't sound as hollow or out of it when he's talking to the warden in his office.

It has happened so far only with people who have known Cooper previously, so I think it's a way of representing how these people feel that there's something dark inside this Cooper. Also probably the jail's mic is damaged. Love his deep, creepy voice though. And for some reason in this episode, Cooper's eyes seemed more dead than usual. Great performance by Kyle.

If the Audrey thing is where this is heading curious if that was why Sherilyn was initially so upset with what they did to the character for her part. Or could've just been shorter role than she wanted :shrugs

Pretty sure she recanted the original frustration on twitter and said she was happy with what they did with Audrey. Eager to see her reappearance.

I'd go with this theory as well. Which just makes me think: "holy fuck, Bad Cooper is a fucking asshole".

I would've thought he went to the hospital to get Annie, but no dice on that. Maybe on another episode. I wonder if Norma will ever address her sister or something.

Maybe puking up all his garmonbozia and being locked in a prison away from potential victims left Doop starved for pain and suffering, and fucking with both Diane and the warden got him recharged.

Mariolee

Incredible episode. I actually look forward to Dougie segments now and they way he took down the assassin had me screaming in laughter. Laura Dern as Diane is pitch perfect, and Hawj and Truman investigating those new diary pages from Laura was so good.

Love this all right now. There's like 15 different mysteries going on at once.

At the end of the episode, the dude who busts into the diner shouts "Has anyone seen Bing?" according to the subtitles. I wondered if that was related to the two 15-year-old girls - like, another murder of young girls in Twin Peaks who got wrapped up in its seedy underbelly.

Finally back from LA after E3 week, so I caught up on last episode and just watched this one.
Random thoughts/takeaways/questions below:

-Got "It Follows" vibes during the part where Lieutenant Cox(?) is calling Davis about the body. Wtf is that figure walking in the halls anyways?

-So Audrey survived! And if that's her son, then ew...

-That seemed to be the "new arm" that helped Dale, not the one that yelled "nonexistent" at him. At least that's what i think.

-I wonder if we'll ever find out what happened to Josie way back when? She just gets trapped in a dresser forever?

-I like how the dude that played Jacques Renault is now playing his brother lol.

-I did not understand that whole thing Gordon was explaining about the ring finger. Does that mean every second word Dooper says is a "spirit" word? wtf Lynch.

-What did that guy yell when he ran into the diner in the last scene?

-Ben and Bev... Sounds too good together. Anyways, there has to be more to that scene than we think.

It has happened so far only with people who have known Cooper previously, so I think it's a way of representing how these people feel that there's something dark inside this Cooper. Also probably the jail's mic is damaged. Love his deep, creepy voice though. And for some reason in this episode, Cooper's eyes seemed more dead than usual. Great performance by Kyle.

I like this idea, but you'd think he'd try to play it a little cooler with the FBI breathing down his neck. The car wreck and Dougie garmonbozia vomit clearly messed him up a bit.

At the end of the episode, the dude who busts into the diner shouts "Has anyone seen Bing?" according to the subtitles. I wondered if that was related to the two 15-year-old girls - like, another murder of young girls in Twin Peaks who got wrapped up in its seedy underbelly.

Bing was credited to Riley Lynch that played guitar for one of the bands at the Bang Bang Bar, but people said that was Bing asking for his own whereabouts apparently lol. Not sure what's going on there.

-I did not understand that whole thing Gordon was explaining about the ring finger. Does that mean every second word Dooper says is a "spirit" word? wtf Lynch.

When Doop says "it's very very good to see you again old friend" to Cole the first "very" (which is the second word of the sentence) is reversed . This relates to his second finger being reversed apparently.

Linkin112

You know, I was on board with Diane referencing something Cooper would only remember, but that article reminding me that she seems to have become an alcoholic maybe sways me a bit into believing Doop did some bad shit to her.

I'm thinking the Briggs body age discrepancy is pointing towards the larger golem alchemical-like production of doubles and doppel people that the Lodge seems to churn out. Gold ball bearings and all :p

Reckoner

I'm thinking the Briggs body age discrepancy is pointing towards the larger golem alchemical-like production of doubles and doppel people that the Lodge seems to churn out. Gold ball bearings and all :p
My biggest fear is this doppelganger gimmick getting out of control and ruining the whole story like timeline stuff does with the unlimited possibilities. Hopefully it won't go fully that way.

Flipyap

It's either that or good old-fashioned time travel. Wouldn't be the first time for ol' Briggsy.
Edit: OR, the lodge can also function as an interdimensional fridge.

Not gonna lie, I was a tiny bit bummed out that they haven't found 15 Briggsies before this one. Freaking out about a single (potentially) manufactured dude is so last month.

My biggest fear is this doppelganger gimmick getting out of control and ruining the whole story like timeline stuff does with the unlimited possibilities. Hopefully it won't go fully that way.
Same.
Considering that we saw Briggs' disembodied head in outer space, and the corpse is headless, I believe that the corpse is Briggs' own.

Soon the world will just be filled with doppelgangers of everyone else.

Yeah let's hope they don't go full Invasion of the Coop Snatchers on us, does ruin a bit of the mystique, clearly the net has been widened substantially this season for general mythos.

Loved this episode, maybe my favourite yet. I'm assuming Richard Horne was driving Jerry's stolen car. Maybe he's his son?

Also I've just realised (having read his Twin Peaks wiki page) that Red, the insane magic drug dealer with Richard in episode 6, is the same guy who did a gun shooting gesture to Shelly in the Bang Bang Bar in episode 2 which seems awfully ominous in retrospect.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Loved this episode, maybe my favourite yet. I'm assuming Richard Horne was driving Jerry's stolen car. Maybe he's his son?

Also I've just realised (having read his Twin Peaks wiki page) that Red, the insane magic drug dealer with Richard in episode 6, is the same guy who did a gun shooting gesture to Shelly in the Bang Bang Bar in episode 2 which seems awfully ominous in retrospect.

Shelly has the worst taste in men. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom