• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh OK

I'm getting spoiled but like I said, don't know when I'll watch the movie or jump in to the new ones

Watch the movie first. It's weird but the movie is pretty much like the new season....in terms of structure and....everything else, lol. Many people say that "real Lynch" started with Lost Highway but that's not true. He was always like that (Eraserhead) but FWWM was pretty much the turning point where he kept his style and didn't change it.

I've had a shitty day.

Then I remember... hey, you know what? Four days to another new episode of Twin Peaks.

And the series is FUCKING BRILLIANT.

So could be worse.

PizzaFace

Banned
I've had a shitty day.

Then I remember... hey, you know what? Four days to another new episode of Twin Peaks.

So could be worse.

Amen

Then again, after this Sunday it's 2 weeks until another new episode of Twin Peaks

It couldn't be worse

Ray Down

Banned
A lot of Season 2 is regarded by lots of people as cringey or just disliked in general, most notably the Evelyn Marsh subplot. Actually, anything throughout the entire series re: James. And Donna's actions throughout the entire second season. Which isn't to say it's bad, just... it's got some bad bits.

It's not just bad and cringy, it's just souless.

It's so much nothing going on.

I've had a shitty day.

So could be worse.

Four days? Man, time flies...
I actually stopped watching Better Call Saul and Fargo because of Twin Peaks. No idea why because I love these series.
But everything made by Lynch is so...I don't know ...great(?) that you can rewatch it anytime to discover new things or secrets.
I didn't have the honor to watch the original series on TV but I love Lynch so much that I'm staying awake until 3 a.m. to watch the new episode. And I watch it again during the week so the wait seems not that long, I guess.
But then there's a long wait ahead..two damn weeks. Why? WHY?

Omadahl

Banned
Am I the only one who hates agent Tammy? She's useless and has a horrible walk like Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. I feel like Lynch just wrote her in to fawn all over her. I'm really hating every character except for Naomi Watts, sleepy Coop and Albert.

Am I the only one who hates agent Tammy? She's useless and has a horrible walk like Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. I feel like Lynch just wrote her in to fawn all over her. I'm really hating every character except for Naomi Watts, sleepy Coop and Albert.

You seriously don't like the new sheriff or the crazy guy who runs over kids?

Or Gordon Cole?!!

Omadahl

Banned
You seriously don't like the new sheriff or the crazy guy who runs over kids?

I like the new sheriff. I still don't understand why we needed to see a kid get smooshed to prove that that crazy guy is a murderous coke-fiend. I'm probably about 2 episodes from giving up at this point and I still thoroughly enjoy the first two seasons. It's not the drawn out weirdness or the crappy bands that are pushing me away, the whole show just feels off because all of the characters are spread out. It's not Twin Peaks without the town at the heart.

the crappy bands.

whoa.png

cucuchu

Prepare to be disappointed lol. Some of the slowest television ever made in eps 3, 4 and 5. 6 and 7 are great.

I don't mind slow TV though. I really enjoy Better Call Saul even though it takes many episodes to reach taking one step in a plot thread. As long as its executed well. Watched Ep 3 and 4 today, felt they were fine in terms of pacing but that might be since I have the luxury of watching a few episodes at a time (for about one more night at least then I will be caught up).

She's like the hottest woman on TV right now.

Gtfo.

Slaythe

i'm still confused why they did the "sick harry" plot. i feel like it has to be for a reason other wise they could have just written him out

er... Him being sick is... him being written out. They gave a reason because it would be out of character to just fuck off.

Anyway, Robert Forster is perfect and he was the original choice for Truman so the circle is complete.

I started to rewatch the original series last night because why not?

A few things stood out. A character (can't remember which, possibly Haywood) saying "what the hell?", Bobby and Shelly's first scene at the diner is echoed by Becky's first scene at the diner in the new series, and cooper needing an urgent piss like Bobby does when we first meet him in the new series.

It's odd seeing Bobby cry over Laura in NuPeaks, when she was his partner in the original season yet he doesn't shed a tear until the funeral.

Also, the sheer amount of scene-setting and character introduction there is before Coop even shows up.

EdmondD

Awesome episode. Just rewatched it. Little detail I caught. When Ike the Spike gets a piece of his flesh on the gun it was burned off. You can see the flesh was charred and the gun even had scorch marks on it. Interesting. Soot Hobo/Charcoal Man is my dude.

Flipyap

It's odd seeing Bobby cry over Laura in NuPeaks, when she was his partner in the original season yet he doesn't shed a tear until the funeral.
Yeah, but he did cry a lot when she was around. Think of it this way: the picture didn't remind him of her absence.

Awesome episode. Just rewatched it. Little detail I caught. When Ike the Spike gets a piece of his flesh on the gun it was burned off. You can see the flesh was charred and the gun even had scorch marks on it. Interesting. Soot Hobo/Charcoal Man is my dude.
Interesting idea, but I'm not seeing any damage, there's just some blood on the pistol grip.

I started to rewatch the original series last night because why not?

A few things stood out. A character (can't remember which, possibly Haywood) saying "what the hell?", Bobby and Shelly's first scene at the diner is echoed by Becky's first scene at the diner in the new series, and cooper needing an urgent piss like Bobby does when we first meet him in the new series.

Also, the sheer amount of scene-setting and character introduction there is before Coop even shows up.

This scene is pretty much remade in the season 2 finale, too.

I'm really looking forward to a full series rewatch when this season ends.

moggio

Banned
watched the pilot but can't get into the cause of the bad acting
can I just start on this new season or will I be lost as to what's going on?

The acting isn't bad, it's a stylistic choice partly because the show is a homage to American soap-operas and partly because Lynch's films operate in a heightened dreamworld.

So you're just going to have to get over it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
i'm still confused why they did the "sick harry" plot. i feel like it has to be for a reason other wise they could have just written him out
Honestly, they could have just recast Harry with Robert Foster and I'd be fine with it. Especially considering he was supposed to be the original Harry.

Honestly, they could have just recast Harry with Robert Foster and I'd be fine with it. Especially considering he was supposed to be the original Harry.

this truman feels fairly different from harry imo.

really friendly though, and I love Forster's deadpan expressions to all the weirdos. And the patience he has dealing with it all, big fan of the new sheriff.

Flipyap

this truman feels fairly different from harry imo.

really friendly though, and I love Forster's deadpan expressions to all the weirdos. And the patience he has dealing with it all, big fan of the new sheriff.
They feel extremely similar to me. In fact, I would be shocked if most of his scenes weren't originally intended for iPhone6 S Truman.
He's even written like a character with full knowledge of the original's supernatural gimmicks... while also serving as the audience surrogate who needs everything explained.

There is something about the way Tammy conducts herself that is absolutely alluring. I am not even talking about her walk. Her mannerisms, posture and even the way she speaks are captivating.

nachum00

There is something about the way Tammy conducts herself that is absolutely alluring. I am not even talking about her walk. Her mannerisms, posture and even the way she speaks are captivating.
To me it looks like someone who's desperately trying to act seductive but failing

Frank Truman is another in the theme of doubles. I'm still hoping for a Ontkean cameo. I would imagine keeping certain actors off the cast list is important. But we'll see.

grumpy

It's Cooper before coming to Twin Peaks, from The Missing Pieces.

Yeap. From what I understand, the original script for FWWM included scenes with Cooper and Diane. This little piece is the only thing to survive from the original idea, I guess.

big ander

Tammy is literally the one and only character I do not like.

Bell is a terrible actress--not even capable of convincingly studying sets of fingerprints, let alone delivering lines--and entirely unequipped to pull off the kind of seductive nature that used to be embodied by characters like Audrey Horne. On top of that her character has zero function. We're told she's a special kind of agent, that she's got it the way Dale had it, but all she's done is a small amount of meaningless footwork. I hope she trips into a deep ditch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom