• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joqu

Do i need to have watched season 1 and 2? Dont feel like watching 30 episodes ><

I mean, not to turn anyone away but I question why would you would feel up to watching season 3 and not 1 and 2. Just to be a part of it? Because they're worth watching. It's okay to watch Season 3 later.

But if you really want to I'm not going to stop you or anything. It's just a little weird.

Fox Mulder

Can i watch this on my xbox one? I have showtime on my cable package and was wondering if i can stream it live on the Showtime app. Sorry if this isnt in the spirit of the thread. I really have been waiting along time for this, and it means allot to me.

From what I understand, yes.

I have the app on xb1, paired through Amazon prime with the Showtime channel add on. Kind of annoying to set up compared to hbo, but whatever.

Pachimari

It's been a few days since I last saw Twin Peaks, and so I started up and finished Episode 7 of the first season, and I can't put one and one together, and hope somebody can clarify some things for me.

1) Why did Ed and Cooper go undercover at the One Eyed Jack? Did they need to find Jacques there, and is their goal to arrest him? And they did it uncover because it is at the other side of the border?

2) Why are James and Donna investigating Jacoby's home? They believe he loved her and that he is in possession of some of her secrets?

3) Now that Waldo the bird mentioned Leo, this confirms he was there hurting Laura, but since he went to shoot it, the police have no evidence, is that why they go to the One Eyed Jacks?

4) I don't follow this sawmill plot. Why won't Catherine sign the contract, and why is Hank involved all of a sudden? I guess Hank had a hand in the Laura case but what does that have to do with the sawmill?`

I hope I can get some help on this before watching the finale.

LProtag

I think I'll watch that hour long recap and then watch The Missing Pieces, as I've never seen them.

Currently out for a cup of coffee.

1) Why did Ed and Cooper go undercover at the One Eyed Jack? Did they need to find Jacques there, and is their goal to arrest him? And they did it uncover because it is at the other side of the border?

Yes to both

2) Why are James and Donna investigating Jacoby's home? They believe he loved her and that he is in possession of some of her secrets?]

Maddie found tapes Laura was sending back and forth to Jacoby, and one was missing, so they assumed he had it. They were actually thinking he could be the killer, I think

3) Now that Waldo the bird mentioned Leo, this confirms he was there hurting Laura, but since he went to shoot it, the police have no evidence, is that why they go to the One Eyed Jacks?

I don't remember if Leo was actually having sex with Laura (maybe was, I just can't remember), but he had been in that cabin several times since it was both a part of the drug running they were doing, and where Laura would be involved in orgies and stuff. And yeah, that and the broken poker chip they found were why they were going to One-Eyed Jack and found Jacques.

4) I don't follow this sawmill plot. Why won't Catherine sign the contract, and why is Hank involved all of a sudden? I guess Hank had a hand in the Laura case but what does that have to do with the sawmill?

This I can't really help with because I don't remember much about the sawmill stuff, and it got insanely convoluted

Maligna

Banned
Is anyone on here streaming it through CraveTV in Canada? And if so, will it be available right at 9pm, or does the streaming version go up only after it airs on network TV?

Will Killer Bob be back and possess an new character?

We don't know for sure, but there's no reason to expect he won't be back in some capacity. I mean, the season 2 finale was Bob inside Coop, so there might be an evil Coop, and can have Coop vs Coop, but no one knows much about the actual plot yet.

.JayZii

Banned
Do i need to have watched season 1 and 2? Dont feel like watching 30 episodes ><
It's hard to say. This might stand on it's own, but it will certainly be built on and make reference to events and character relationships from the first two seasons.

I'd honestly be interested to hear someone's thoughts on season 3 who hasn't seen the rest, so I say follow your heart.

oatmeal

Banned
Is it 6pm PST on Showtime's app like HBO does it?

Gotta watch The Leftovers first at 6pm and then Silicon Valley and then it's TP for the evening.

Is anyone on here streaming it through CraveTV in Canada? And if so, will it be available right at 9pm, or does the streaming version go up only after it airs on network TV?

The ad on the Crave TV site says 9PM Eastern.

¯_(&#12484;)_/¯

I'm hoping it's up at 9.

Pachimari

Yes to both

Maddie found tapes Laura was sending back and forth to Jacoby, and one was missing, so they assumed he had it. They were actually thinking he could be the killer, I think

I don't remember if Leo was actually having sex with Laura (maybe was, I just can't remember), but he had been in that cabin several times since it was both a part of the drug running they were doing, and where Laura would be involved in orgies and stuff. And yeah, that and the broken poker chip they found were why they were going to One-Eyed Jack and found Jacques.

This I can't really help with because I don't remember much about the sawmill stuff, and it got insanely convoluted
Thanks for these answers, it makes sense. I can't really remember how they found out about Jacques though, and where the coin was found.

I'll look up the sawmill subplot on Google, unless it's part of Season 2.

Menome

I4) I don't follow this sawmill plot. Why won't Catherine sign the contract

It's not a contract, it's a life-insurance policy for herself that she was unaware of.

As for Hank, he's meant to be Ben's hired goon but is being counter-employed by Josie and thus knows about Josie's involvement in matters, resulting in him trying to blackmail her.

I never expected to see a release of the deleted scenes from FWWM and I never really expected Lynch to return to moving image media again after Inland Empire.

Twin Peaks coming back wasn't even something I ever hoped for as it seemed absurd to even expect it. I can't believe it is happening again.

Cannot wait for tonight.

Maligna

Banned
The ad on the Crave TV site says 9PM Eastern.

¯_(&#12484;)_/¯

I'm hoping it's up at 9.

Yeah, you'd hope...

What device do you watch it on? I tried it on my Andoid Box and my PC. Neither would playback at full HD resolution. (I can play 4K Netflix fine) I went to my brother's to try it on his Xbox One and it looks fine. All I have is a PS4. so that doesn't do me any good because for some stupid reason they don't have the Crave app.

Also, was just browsing thinking maybe I'll finally get an Xbox, just so I can watch Twin Peaks but the cheapest I could find was $350 CAD! I thought these things would be like $199 by now for the "S" model.

Thanks for these answers, it makes sense. I can't really remember how they found out about Jacques though, and where the coin was found.

Coin was in the cabin (someone shoved it into Laura's mouth and made her bite it while they fucking her and the bird was peaking her shoulder, which is why it was broken), and Jacques was the bother to the guy running drugs who they intercepted and questioned when they first told Cooper about them being the Bookhouse Boys

Ashby

Getting into the home stretch of season 2 just in time. People are crazy. This has been fuckin' great throughout. If you asked around you would think this run of episodes are abominations but I've really got no complaints.

grumpy

I'm at least expecting another incarnation of Bob, be it a recast or some other form he takes. As I've said before, hoping it'll be
Ray Wise.

Remember that show
Reaper
from a few years back?
Ray Wise
played the role of
Satan
and man, was
he
good. They cancelled the fucking thing right when
he
was starting to get really malicious and shit. If there ever was an actor who was just born to play evil, otherworldly entities, that's
him

(Sorry for going overboard with the spoiler tags)

Pachimari

It's not a contract, it's a life-insurance policy for herself that she was unaware of.

As for Hank, he's meant to be Ben's hired goon but is being counter-employed by Josie and thus knows about Josie's involvement in matters, resulting in him trying to blackmail her.

So Josie is Benjamin's goon? I thought him and Catherine worked on making her sell the sawmill, but then Josie knew about the fake checkbook, and that's where I lost it.

So Josie is Benjamin's goon? I thought him and Catherine worked on making her sell the sawmill, but then Josie knew about the fake checkbook, and that's where I lost it.
That whole subplot is like double-cross-ception. At one point I was just like whatevs, I'm just gonna roll with it. Besides, it was never one of the things that captivated me about the show.
According to The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer, Leo and Jacques constantly had sex with her starting when she was around 14 years old.
Also, iirc during one of the episodes (can't remember which one) Laura's autopsy revealed that she'd had sex with three men before she died, so even w/o the movie or book you can kinda guess Leo was one of them.

At least I think it was in the show, but my mind might be playing tricks on me.

Pachimari

Is the cabin where Cooper went , and was sitting in that dream-like scene with the red curtains? That's where she was used as a prostitute for Leo and Jacques?

I only have the finale episode of Season 1 left, which I'm gonna watch in an hour.

Menome

It's convoluted, but gets cleared up for the most part during Season 2. An awful lot of double and triple-crossing going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom