• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought The Secret History Of Twin Peaks and The Secret Diary Of Laura Palmer yesterday, never read those.

I got a couple of Lynch books but specifically Twin Peaks related, those are the two most (maybe even only?) essential reads, right?

nachum00

I bought The Secret History Of Twin Peaks and The Secret Diary Of Laura Palmer yesterday, never read those.

I got a couple of Lynch books but specifically Twin Peaks related, those are the two most (maybe even only?) essential reads, right?
I haven't read The Secret History yet but The Secret Diary gives you a better look at who Laura was.

TB14

Is the cabin where Cooper went , and was sitting in that dream-like scene with the red curtains? That's where she was used as a prostitute for Leo and Jacques?

I only have the finale episode of Season 1 left, which I'm gonna watch in an hour.

Season 2.

tumblr_n2lpnjBx3f1qjlvnlo2_250.gif

Is the cabin where Cooper went , and was sitting in that dream-like scene with the red curtains? That's where she was used as a prostitute for Leo and Jacques?

I only have the finale episode of Season 1 left, which I'm gonna watch in an hour.

No, the cabin where they got the bird from.

Remember that show
Reaper
from a few years back?
Ray Wise
played the role of
Satan
and man, was
he
good. They cancelled the fucking thing right when
he
was starting to get really malicious and shit. If there ever was an actor who was just born to play evil, otherworldly entities, that's
him

(Sorry for going overboard with the spoiler tags)

Never heard of it till now, will definitely have to watch now thanks!

Kaizer

Banned
Just watched the final episode of Season 2 - WHAT THE FUCK HOW COULD THE SHOW STOP THERE!? Well, time to check out the movie I guess lol

Fuuuck. My laptop screen crapped out on me. I'm abroad right now until June. Don't have access to a TV, monitor, or other computer.

I'm going to have to watch this on my cellphone. I'm sorry, Lynch.

Talk about shit timing.

kevin1025

Banned
Fuuuck. My laptop screen crapped out on me. I'm abroad right now until June. Don't have access to a TV, monitor, or other computer.

I'm going to have to watch this on my cellphone. I'm sorry, Lynch.

Talk about shit timing.

As long as you promise to rewatch it on a bigger screen in the future, I'm sure the pain he feels will subside.

In time.

overcast

This is still very confusing to me. But how will I be able to stream it quickest? My options are.

1) Showtime through Amazon Prime

2) Showtime through Hulu

3) Showtime through PS Vue with a Showtime subscription

I would like to do it through my PS4, but can use an HDMI cord + computer.

If it's all the same then cool.

Ran rp

should there be a separate thread for open spoilers? people might have questions about how to watch the episodes but won't be able to come in here anymore.

That whole Director's Cut album that's on is great. Love the one for Experiment in Terror.

The Badalamenti-inspired group I posted on earlier is also on Pattons Ipecac label. Dude loves his Lynch.

I've often wondered where Patton got the lyrics from - if they're inspired by the film or something else entirely. Can't find any reference to it online though.

Frank Silva (Bob) doing a Q&A on Twin Peaks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4yAGRUqUh0 Seemed like such a nice guy. Such a shame he can't be alive today and be in this. :(

The chapter on Frank Silva in the Reflections interview book made me weep, he sounded like the most genuine, caring guy, which is lovely considering just how much of a force of nature he could be as BOB.

He worked in an antique store at one point after the show. One of the producers spotted something he liked from the store, and Frank gave him it as a gift for Christmas that year.

overcast

Great spoiler answers for FWWM
Awesome. Thanks for that. Now one more question. Can somebody explain the entirety of Bowies scene?
So nobody but Coop or Cole saw him? Is he a spirit? Is he like the agent that disappeared? Is there ANY background about him?

Terrific scene as far as mood goes.

I've often wondered where Patton got the lyrics from - if they're inspired by the film or something else entirely. Can't find any reference to it online though.

Rereading them now yeah I got nothin lol. Probably some stream of consciousness or vaguely associative thing for him. For the longest time I thought he was saying something along the lines of "I'm going back to Josie". Clearly my mind was filling in some gaps there :p

This is still very confusing to me. But how will I be able to stream it quickest? My options are.

1) Showtime through Amazon Prime

2) Showtime through Hulu

3) Showtime through PS Vue with a Showtime subscription

I would like to do it through my PS4, but can use an HDMI cord + computer.

If it's all the same then cool.
Showtime through Hulu lets you log into Showtime Anytime for episodes 3 and 4. Also should show up as soon as it starts airing (according to ThatsOurWaldo) on twitter.

Awesome. Thanks for that. Now one more question. Can somebody explain the entirety of Bowies scene?
So nobody but Coop or Cole saw him? Is he a spirit? Is he like the agent that disappeared? Is there ANY background about him?

Albert also sees him and he was caught on camera. Pretty sure everything about him is a total mystery

sphagnum

Banned

Jeffries was an agent who went missing a few years prior, but what actually happened was that he entered an elevator in Buenos Aires, somehow got transported to an alternate dimension where he witnessed a meeting of the lodge creatures, then immediately came out in the US. After he tries to explain what happened he gets sucked back into a portal. That's about it. It's pretty mysterious and nobody really knows who exactly the Judy he references is.

Jeffries was an agent who went missing a few years prior, but what actually happened was that he entered an elevator in Buenos Aires, somehow got transported to an alternate dimension where he witnessed a meeting of the lodge creatures, then immediately came out in the US. After he tries to explain what happened he gets sucked back into a portal. That's about it. It's pretty mysterious and nobody really knows who exactly the Judy he references is.

We're not gonna talk about Judy.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Oh that's cool. I was anticipating it just being On-Demand.

Yeah I really had no idea until I subscribed, but you can watch all the different showtime channels live through Amazon.

Are on demand shows added as soon as they air like HBO Go? Like with HBO Go I don't watch "live" but they put at least Game of Thrones as soon as it was on the actual channel... so basically the same thing.

PSY・S;237593454 said:
Is it HD?

Yep, it looks pretty good.

Oh it does? But it doesn't on PS4?

I'm assuming so, can't see it in anywhere in the app. No where in the Android app either.

Ashby

Yeah I really had no idea until I subscribed, but you can watch all the different showtime channels live through Amazon.

Are on demand shows added as soon as they air like HBO Go? Like with HBO Go I don't watch "live" but they put at least Game of Thrones as soon as it was on the actual channel... so basically the same thing.

I sure hope so!

Was going to do Showtime on Amazon but yeah on the PS4 I don't see a way to watch live. Is there any way to watch it live through PS4 without like Vue or whatever?

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Ashby

Was going to do Showtime on Amazon but yeah on the PS4 I don't see a way to watch live. Is there any way to watch it live through PS4 without like Vue or whatever?

Can't confirm if it's live or just On-Demand but I do know you don't need to pay for Vue to watch Showtime through Vue. You can just pay for Showtime.

The chapter on Frank Silva in the Reflections interview book made me weep, he sounded like the most genuine, caring guy, which is lovely considering just how much of a force of nature he could be as BOB.

He worked in an antique store at one point after the show. One of the producers spotted something he liked from the store, and Frank gave him it as a gift for Christmas that year.

I was really impressed by how much he seemed to get Twin Peaks, his fan Q&A was on point, he seemed really knowledgeable about the TP lore as a whole.
Part 5 (I think) of that Q&A he reveals that Josie
was in the Red Room! (Missing her head?)
He seemed to think it was a scene that was still in even thought it wasn't and got cut. Fascinating stuff.

Yeah I feel like the best bad guys are played by the nicest people.

Can't confirm if it's live or just On-Demand but I do know you don't need to pay for Vue to watch Showtime through Vue. You can just pay for Showtime.

Hm okay I'll keep that in mind too. Also see you can watch live through Hulu and a Showtime premium subscription but that's a lot of subscribin' I don't really want to do.

jvalioli

It actually does at least in a web browser. I'm able to watch Lincoln live right now. If only Amazon allowed Chromecast... :/
Try downloading the showtime app and logging into it with Amazon as your "cable" provider. I was able to get live Showtime this way using Hulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom