• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Try downloading the showtime app and logging into it with Amazon as your "cable" provider. I was able to get live Showtime this way using Hulu.

This man or woman is a genius. :D Thanks! I actually tried with the "Showtime" app but you have to use "Showtime Anywhere". That's pretty damn cool. Thanks again!

I remember it being 2014 because this is what I associate with the announcement

giphy.gif

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Just started the season 1 finale on Showtime cuz why not... if you were watching for the first time they spoil the last scene of the show before the episode plays lol

Ashby

What a great scene. Don S. Davis is a really accomplished guy, outside of acting. Wish he was still with us.

Oh Jesus, he died too?! It's like every day I learn about another actor I loved on this show who passed away in the interim between seasons. Time sucks.

Oh Jesus, he died too?! It's like every day I learn about another actor I loved on this show who passed away in the interim between seasons. Time sucks.
Yeah unfortunately. There's a great feature somewhere on the Blu-ray where they tour his house, and he speaks about his life, and shows his art. Really kind, and amazing man.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just watched the final episode of Season 2 - WHAT THE FUCK HOW COULD THE SHOW STOP THERE!? Well, time to check out the movie I guess lol

The Missing Pieces contains a scene starring MacLachlan, Ontkean, and Frost that takes place immediately after the season 2 finale btw.

This season doesn't have Donna or Josie so it already has that going for it.

I need closure on Josie, dammit!

I still haven't finished season 2, should I?
I'm not sure I will, there's noway I don't get right into season 3 as soon as possible.

The essential stuff from season 2 is up until the Laura palmer story ends (arbitrary law) and the season finale. If you can watch the rest, it wouldn't hurt.

Also , fire walk with me is important too.

Flipyap

I hope Bobby Briggs lived up to Major Briggs' vision.
I hope karma catches up with him. Dude killed a man for drugs he was going to sell at school baby laxative, got away with it and it only made him douchier. It would kinda suck to see that (highly entertaining) scumbag being "happy and carefree, clearly living a life of deep harmony and joy."
Hopefully Shelly grew up to be his Leo. ;)

I still haven't finished season 2, should I?
I'm not sure I will, there's noway I don't get right into season 3 as soon as possible.

Yes finish it. If you're going to watch Twin Peaks, watch the whole thing. The new episodes will be there, and you will appreciate them more if you see all that came before. What the point of having the experience if it's not the full thing?

And it's Twin Peaks, we'll be discussing it until the end of our lives.

I hope karma catches up with him. Dude killed a man for drugs he was going to sell at school baby laxative, got away with it and it only made him douchier. It would kinda suck to see that (highly entertaining) scumbag being "happy and carefree, clearly living a life of deep harmony and joy."
Hopefully Shelly grew up to be his Leo. ;)
Shelly being abusive would be oddly hilarious.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Turn in your badge, sir.
:p

Jack Nance makes that movie.

For those looking for some Badalamenti-esque tunes to get you in the mood, found a good group on Spotify the other day, Bohren and Der Club of Gore. They wear the influence on their sleeves, particularly inspired by his work on FWWM.

Give it a whirl

One of my favorite groups. I really wish the Doom Jazz scene inspired by Badalamenti's score had more players overall, but what's there is fantastic. I even picked up Bohren's Dolores on Vinyl, despite my player dying earlier that year.

Keb1zqY.jpg

Additional recommended listening:

The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - From The Stairwell
Dale Cooper Quartet & The Dictaphones - Lampyre Bonne Chère
Povarovo - Methro Nome

Joqu

Hm, I was hoping to watch this live but I'm already tired and I'm not sure if I'll be able to wake up in the middle of the night since it airs so late here. Oh well, I wasn't going to post any live reactions or whatever anyway so I suppose it's not that big of a difference. I'll just wake up very excited for some morning Twin Peaks, and hell I'll be able to pair it with coffee. See you guys on the other side.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
One of my favorite groups. I really wish the Doom Jazz scene inspired by Badalamenti's score had more players overall, but what's there is fantastic. I even picked up Bohren's Dolores on Vinyl, despite my player dying earlier that year.

Keb1zqY.jpg

Povarovo - Methro Nome

Honestly, I would have preferred them over Johnny Jewel and I love Johnny Jewel. But Badalamenti fills the space they would have occupied on this show.

The thing is I stopped when the season got really unbearable, and this was years ago.
I'm gonna try and rewatch the whole season in the next few days. God help me.

overcast

Yep, on PS Vue you can watch as they air with the Showtime sub.

https://vue.playstation.com/subscription/plans

Showtime and some others are also down to $8.99/mo through PS Plus.
I'm actually going this route. Can confirm that it says the show starts at 6:00 (PST) live streaming. Can't wait.
Less than 5 hours :eek:

I can't believe it was 2014 when this was announced. Time flies!
Seriously, I actually finished the show before it was announced. Can't remember how long before. Maybe half a year? Can't believe folks been waiting 20+ years :[
I'm still mad because Ontkean is not returning :(
This one hurts the most. Like the only character I actively miss.

Don't you feel bad that her soul is stuck in a drawer knob though :(

We may joke but if you watch this interview with Frank Silva (Bob's actor) back in '93 he basically confirms that Josie was in the Red Room with her head missing (under the curtain):

"Did you notice in the Red Room, you do see Josie's body, you don't see her face, but you see her body...you don't remember the scene in the Red Room?" *audience look confused* "Ahhh, there was a scene in the Red Room with Josie, Joan Chen wasn't available at the time but we shot a scene where she was in the Red Room"
Starts talking about it at around 1:05

He seemed to be under the impression that it was inthe final product, which it wasn't, all we got was that creepy CGI doorknob. lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOkZwK1_TKU

So yeah, it sounds like Josie is basically stuck in Purgatory suffering for all eternity by now if Bob and crew have their way with her.

Dyle

Boy the anticipation is really starting to kill me, it's been too long since I had the chance to experience an new Lynchian work. I can't wait to hear Badalamenti's new music

Keb1zqY.jpg

Povarovo - Methro Nome

Can confirm, Bohren & Der Club of Gore is great. I was introduced to them via The Drowned Man and have been a big fan ever since, few groups create the same kind of unsettling mood in their music.

Flipyap

Do we know why Bob and some of the Lodge regulars are... the regulars? Like surely there's a bigger force or something.
What, like regular cast members? We don't know ANYTHING about who the regulars are. There's only been a (supposedly incomplete) list of hundreds of speaking parts.
We don't know how they're going to handle BOB and who or what is going to play him.

This is Showtime's full cast list for Parts 1 & 2:
jDoLnMa.png

David has seeeecrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom