• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the final two episodes of Season 2 (again) and FWWM. I watch Twin Peaks at least once a year but I'm pretty sure the last episodes are important, lol.
I'm prepared.

Obscura

What, like regular cast members? We don't know ANYTHING about who the regulars are. There's only been a (supposedly incomplete) list of hundreds of speaking parts.
We don't know how they're going to handle BOB and who or what is going to play him.

This is Showtime's full cast list for Parts 1 & 2:
jDoLnMa.png

David has seeeecrets.

The person was asking why the denizens of the Black Lodge are there in the first place. Very interested in this myself. Also why only one is at all monstrous looking (The Jumping Man).

Kaizer

Banned
Showtime app and Showtime Anytime both have live feed to watch as if you're watching on cable I'm pretty sure.

Its also like that on Hulu if you're on the website (not the app). They give you the option to watch a live Showtime East or Showtime West feed.

Zekes!

Canada's telecoms really need to figure out their shit. I plan on subscribing to CraveTV for the next few months so I can watch this, but they somehow don't have an app for PS4, just XboxOne. What a stupid ass decision. I mean, Shomi's PS4 app is dog shit, but at least they have one. If you're trying to compete with Netflix, then try to at least compete! Netflix works on basically any device.

Luckily I have an old AppleTV around the house, but I gotta make sure it even has the CraveTV app. I'm hoping it's not too old.

Ashby

Her bland subplots and acting can stay in the drawer :p

Yeah. Not my favorite character, but I liked him and he's easily the the omission that sticks out as being meh.

Truman and Coop's bromance is one of the highlights of the series for me. I honestly wish they would have just recast Truman.

I got the NowTV trial and tested it on Game Of Thrones; the quality seems absolute shite. YouTube-quality HD and horrendous sound bitrate. I'd rather wait for a downloadable version.

Flipyap

The person was asking why the denizens of the Black Lodge are there in the first place. Very interested in this myself. Also why only one is at all monstrous looking (The Jumping Man).
I thought that might be the case, but "why" is such a strange question to ask when we're not even supposed to know what they are or what they want. Even "when" gets tricky when talking about these things.

Plum

Stay up, watch the show live at 2AM with some Cherry Pie and Coffee but only get 2 hours of sleep before a not-so-crucial exam in the morning (I only need 10% to pass, it's easy as fuck and doesn't count towards my final degree). Then tomorrow evening watch episodes 3 and 4.

Or go to sleep like a loser and watch the 4 episodes in one go tomorrow evening.

It's a tough decision, GAF.

Yeah, the characters that are associated with the lodge. Like why are they so key.

Truman and Coop's bromance is one of the highlights of the series for me. I honestly wish they would have just recast Truman.

Respectfully disagree here. I don't think any recast would do Truman justice and (season 2 finale spoilers)
the Coop we see in this new season may be so far removed from his old self that even if Truman's actor returned, their relationship wouldn't have been the same

Pachimari

I finished SEASON ONE!

What a cliffhanger though.

I still have no idea what Ghostwoods is, and I didn't pick up on that until the finale. And I assume Benjamin gave the go ahead for Hank to kill Leo but I don't know why. What is their business in all of this. And the boss of the One Eyed Jack is working together with Benjamin too? So Benjamin might have known about the whole Laura deal I'm thinking.

I think I have more questions than answers going into Season 2 to be honest.

One of my favorite groups. I really wish the Doom Jazz scene inspired by Badalamenti's score had more players overall, but what's there is fantastic. I even picked up Bohren's Dolores on Vinyl, despite my player dying earlier that year.

Keb1zqY.jpg

Additional recommended listening:

The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - From The Stairwell
Dale Cooper Quartet & The Dictaphones - Lampyre Bonne Chère
Povarovo - Methro Nome

Awesome thanks for the list.

LESS THAN THREE HOURS

amnesiac

Showtime app and Showtime Anytime both have live feed to watch as if you're watching on cable I'm pretty sure.

With Showtime Anytime, will episode 1 be immediately uploaded to the site or will there be a waiting period? I can't start watching until 9:45 est.

Stay up, watch the show live at 2AM with some Cherry Pie and Coffee but only get 2 hours of sleep before a not-so-crucial exam in the morning (I only need 10% to pass, it's easy as fuck and doesn't count towards my final degree). Then tomorrow evening watch episodes 3 and 4.

Or go to sleep like a loser and watch the 4 episodes in one go tomorrow evening.

It's a tough decision, GAF.

Meditation. You don't need to sleep. Do it like Cooper.

I watched fire walk with me finally today. Watched the series some years ago and loved it but never tried to watch the movie.
Man what a trip, im ready for season 3!

The spanish channel that has the rights is going to do a simulcast, but I dont have that channel so i will need to wait. I heard its already dubbed, and im wondering if they are going try to keep all of the voice actors that didnt die for the new one intact (the old dub was awesome, but sadly the voice director, Carlos Revilla, that was the voice of Homer and also the voice director of The Simpsons, died a few years back, he was also the voice of Ben Horne in Twin Peaks).

overcast

Can somebody give me a rundown of the missing pieces? Not sure I have time to go through them all.

Or rather which deleted scenes are most key. Might watch those.

Pachimari

I'm not entirely sure if this is something for me. I love all of the characters, but some things are just hard to follow. And how all of them have relations to each other. Going behind the back and stuff.

22 episodes and a movie left, and I'll be ready for Season 3. At least I got a week until the second episode of the new season.

So Josie and Ben wanted Catherine to sign a life insurance so they could get more money from her dying? If they burn down the sawmill with her in it?

Anyway, I hear the pilot for the second season is a big one, so I'm gonna dive right down into it.

I feel pretty lucky to have accidentally started watching this show just a few months before they announced Season three. Can't imagine the anticipation after 25 ish years

I'm not entirely sure if this is something for me. I love all of the characters, but some things are just hard to follow. And how all of them have relations to each other. Going behind the back and stuff.

22 episodes and a movie left, and I'll be ready for Season 3. At least I got a week until the second episode of the new season.

So Josie and Ben wanted Catherine to sign a life insurance so they could get more money from her dying? If they burn down the sawmill with her in it?

Anyway, I hear the pilot for the second season is a big one, so I'm gonna dive right down into it.

My advice is to relax and just enjoy each scene for what it is. You'll eventually get a hold on things. But just take in the atmosphere and enjoy the characters.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I feel pretty lucky to have accidentally started watching this show just a few months before they announced Season three. Can't imagine the anticipation after 25 ish years

Yeah that same thing happened with my roommate at the time. I kept wanting him to watch it and he finally did and loved it. We talked about it all the time and were thinking if there wasn't a revival in a couple years it would never happen. Then a few months later the new season was announced. Lucky him! :D

TheWraith

The first four episodes of the new season all release this week!

I watched a good deal of this show when it first aired (I was 9 at the time) but don't think we made it to the end. Then, I saw Fire Walk With Me when I was 18 odd and loved it.

Funnily, when I went back to watch the full series a couple of years after that I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't as dark as the film. I guess I need my garmonbozia.

overcast

Ghostwood was to be built in the area of the black lodge right? Chances are in the new season it's up and running so.. 🤔

Obscura

I thought that might be the case, but "why" is such a strange question to ask when we're not even supposed to know what they are or what they want. Even "when" gets tricky when talking about these things.

I haven't read The Secret History of Twin Peaks yet so I wasn't sure if we got new Lodge lore pertaining to origins or even what the inhabitants are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom