• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashby

I really don't want any more Lodge information. There's enough pieces in the original run to have a rough understanding of them. Any more than that would just be getting too specific and that's always unsatisfying with these types of things.

I really don't want any more Lodge information. There's enough pieces in the original run to have a rough understanding of them. Any more than that would just be getting too specific and that's always unsatisfying with these types of things.

I mean, you can also add more layers without explaining things specifically. I personally relate it to Silent Hill, despite being multiple games they just keep adding layers rather than outright explaining how and why it works.

Do I want a lot more information so that we can all talk more in depth about the Lodge? Hell yeah.

Watching FWWM one last time before the season 3 and I just noticed that everyone is dancing outside school when Bobby ambushes Laura. I don't know why, but I haven't laughed as hard as I did in a long time. Only David Lynch could pull that off.

There is no way Lynch/Frost clear up what's going on with the Lodge. If anything they'll add to it only to further make it further confounding.

Tron 2.0

Is the release schedule two per week through the entire run?

I'm counting on this being narratively frustrating and ultimately inconclusive but I've found it's easier to approach late period Lynch films as the cinematic equivalent of tone poems so I'm ready for the plot to be ultimately pointless.

Is the release schedule two per week through the entire run?

I'm counting on this being narratively frustrating and ultimately inconclusive but I've found it's easier to approach late period Lynch's films as the cinematic equivalent of tone poems so I'm ready for the plot to be ultimately pointless.

1&2 this week, 3&4 next week, one weekly until the finale which is 2 in one week.

Watching FWWM one last time before the season 3 and I just noticed that everyone is dancing outside school when Bobby ambushes Laura. I don't know why, but I haven't laughed as hard as I did in a long time. Only David Lynch could pull that off.
It's almost as random as the random kid dancing in the school in the pilot episode. Super odd.

KDC720

So tempted to grab a Showtime sub on Amazon for this. Is there any word on how long it will take them to show every episode? I might just grab a sub and then binge them once the entire thing has aired.

Ashby

I mean, you can also add more layers without explaining things specifically. I personally relate it to Silent Hill, despite being multiple games they just keep adding layers rather than outright explaining how and why it works.

Do I want a lot more information so that we can all talk more in depth about the Lodge? Hell yeah.

There is no way Lynch/Frost clear up what's going on with the Lodge. If anything they'll add to it only to further make it further confounding.

Yeah, see this would be great.

It's almost as random as the random kid dancing in the school in the pilot episode. Super odd.

unnamed-11.gif

I love how that's like an escalation of the moonwalker in the pilot.

EDIT: Beaten

Can anyone explain why Coop ultimately fails inside the black lodge?

I don't think we actually know that for sure, but the assumption is that his doppelganger switched places with him and Bob came back in his place. Remember he starts freaking out and is running from Nu-Coop to, presumably, get out of the Lodge, but Nu-Coop grabs him and the lights go out.

But that's just speculation. We don't know.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
We may joke but if you watch this interview with Frank Silva (Bob's actor) back in '93 he basically confirms that Josie was in the Red Room with her head missing (under the curtain):

"Did you notice in the Red Room, you do see Josie's body, you don't see her face, but you see her body...you don't remember the scene in the Red Room?" *audience look confused* "Ahhh, there was a scene in the Red Room with Josie, Joan Chen wasn't available at the time but we shot a scene where she was in the Red Room"
Starts talking about it at around 1:05

He seemed to be under the impression that it was inthe final product, which it wasn't, all we got was that creepy CGI doorknob. lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOkZwK1_TKU

So yeah, it sounds like Josie is basically stuck in Purgatory suffering for all eternity by now if Bob and crew have their way with her.

That's so fucked up :(

Will Mr.
Tojamura
return? Lol!

lol

But I seriously hope Piper Laurie is secretly involved somehow. She seemed super interested in returning a couple years ago and it would be great to see her again one last time before it's too late (not to sound morbid, but she's 85).

Can anyone explain why Coop ultimately fails inside the black lodge?

He turns and runs.

He faces his demons with imperfect courage. After the Man From Another Place says "doppelgänger" and Laura Palmer's eyes cloud up, he gets afraid and runs away. Then Bob takes Windom's soul and Coop tries to make a break for it. Bad Dale follows him out and he never leaves.

It's pretty clear, based on what Hawk explains about the Black Lorge, that this seals his fate. "Imperfect courage."

Edit: it was a typo, but I'm leaving "lorge" because it's funny.

So before shit goes down in 2 hours, is the midget guy in the red room the guy that's possessing the one armed man or is it someone else?

BearPawB

Banned
wow, i can't believe i made it this far in life without having the killer spoiled for me.

Ill probably skip the 6 or so episodes everyone says are bad in the interest of time.

So before shit goes down in 2 hours, is the midget guy in the red room the guy that's possessing the one armed man or is it someone else?

It's not really clear, but he says he's the right arm, and Mike cut off his arm to get rid of the evil. So, he's literally his right arm that was cut off and personified as the dwarf, I guess.

Ashby

wow, i can't believe i made it this far in life without having the killer spoiled for me.

Ill probably skip the 6 or so episodes everyone says are bad in the interest of time.

Don't. I was about to do the same, chose to watch them and thought I was on crazy pills because there has not been a single episode I didn't thoroughly enjoy. You may very well find yourself in the same situation. The new episodes will be there when you're finished.

He is MIKE's arm
Okay cause I got really confused when the midget touched Gerard in Fire Walk With Me, and made it seem like he was talking through him.

It's not really clear, but he says he's the right arm, and Mike cut off his arm to get rid of the evil. So, he's literally his right arm that was cut off and personified as the dwarf, I guess.

Ohhhh makes a ton of sense now. That's why he wanted that blood offering because he's the evil side of MIKE?

I love how that's like an escalation of the moonwalker in the pilot.

EDIT: Beaten

Exactly! I love that he made that call back. It's so odd, that you just naturally laugh at it. I love it!

Alright, I finish this movie since I'm breaking one Lynch's rules (No electronics while watching a film). However, I'm not watching it on my smartphone. ;)

Flipyap

We're incredibly lucky that Twin Peaks managed to avoid being twisted into a meme the way so many popular mysteries have over the years.

I wouldn't skip anything. It's really not THAT painful on your first watch. The new show isn't going anywhere and you'll catch up in no time.

Blader

Okay cause I got really confused when the midget touched Gerard in Fire Walk With Me, and made it seem like he was talking through him.

Ohhhh makes a ton of sense now. That's why he wanted that blood offering because he's the evil side of MIKE?
Yep, the Man from Another Place is essentially the evil part of MIKE made manifest, after MIKE had cut off his arm with the fire walk with me tattoo to renounce his murdering ways.

He turns and runs.

He faces his demons with imperfect courage. After the Man From Another Place says "doppelgänger" and Laura Palmer's eyes cloud up, he gets afraid and runs away.
Then Bob takes Windom's soul and Coop tries to make a break for it. Bad Dale follows him out and he never leaves.

It's pretty clear, based on what Hawk explains about the Black Lorge, that this seals his fate. "Imperfect courage."

Edit: it was a typo, but I'm leaving "lorge" because it's funny.
Huh. I never thought of it like that but that makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom