• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it's getting pretty late in the season to fold characters like Shelly, James, even Audrey organically into the main plot. The only Twin Peaks-set plot thread that seems relevant to everything is what's going on at the Sheriff's Department (and specifically with just Frank and Hawk).

Easy for Audrey. They already set up that Dr Hayward thought he saw Cooper visit her room. Truman will probably want to visit her. Plus Richard Horne might lead back to her.

Don't know about Ed, but TP is still a small town. If they pace a few episodes like Part 7, it shouldn't be hard to get to him. He is a Bookhouse Boy after all. I mean Jacoby and Nadine aren't really attached to any main thread yet. That we can tell anyway. But Nadine and Norma have appeared, so we are bound to see Ed interact with them.

I imagine Truman's investigation will be the easy way to see rest of Twin Peaks. 10 more hours left is a lot. Even if they keep the move slow.

Flipyap

I feel like James was kinda written off when Shelley said he was in a motorcycle accident. Kinda like.....here's James, but he's messed up now. Moving on......
James's original bike (and its real world owner) was spotted on set.
y1BcYtt.jpg
He'll be back.

What's that rumor now?

Theory is:
Richard Horne (who ran the kid over a couple episodes back) is the offspring of Mr. C and Audrey, after Mr. C "visited" her in the trauma unit immediately following the events of the S2 finale. Doc Hayward confirmed during his Skype conversation with Truman that Mr. C was found in Audrey's proximity after being taken to the hospital.

Note that my repeating this theory does not necessarily mean I endorse it...

Theory is:
Richard Horne (who ran the kid over a couple episodes back) is the offspring of Mr. C and Audrey, after Mr. C "visited" her in the trauma unit immediately following the events of the S2 finale. Doc Hayward confirmed during his Skype conversation with Truman that Mr. C was found in Audrey's proximity after being taken to the hospital.

Note that my repeating this theory does not necessarily mean I endorse it...

I am leaning towards this theory despite it being unsettling.

Blader

I still think Mr. C visiting Audrey in the hospital is a fakeout. That's what Doc Hayward thinks, but I wouldn't be surprised if turns out what he was actually doing was visiting Annie and/or looking for the owl ring (which was last seen with Annie and her nurse, and Mr. C would've needed -- apparently -- to create Dougie).

Yeah, he's (rather surprisingly, but pleasantly so!) arguably been #2 on the call sheet as far as the original cast goes.

Can't help but that wonder if that's to make up for the lack of Ontkean this season.

Easy for Audrey. They already set up that Dr Hayward thought he saw Cooper visit her room. Truman will probably want to visit her. Plus Richard Horne might lead back to her.

Don't know about Ed, but TP is still a small town. If they pace a few episodes like Part 7, it shouldn't be hard to get to him. He is a Bookhouse Boy after all. I mean Jacoby and Nadine aren't really attached to any main thread yet. That we can tell anyway. But Nadine and Norma have appeared, so we are bound to see Ed interact with them.

I imagine Truman's investigation will be the easy way to see rest of Twin Peaks. 10 more hours left is a lot. Even if they keep the move slow.

yeah, I don't think there won't be any more cameos from original cast members, but I think that's all they'll really be. Like the Jacoby appearance or Shelley and Norma at the diner. I just don't see them being very germane to the main plot.

Then again, I guess many of them weren't all that germane to the main plot in S1/2 either.

Slaythe

Wait, that was after he had recorded some? I was thinking his thing was before production started.

No no but he was in the script.

Just saying they could have edited Sherylin out entirely after her meltdown considering we're halfway through and she had 0 scene so far. Even James had a cameo.

No no but he was in the script.

Just saying they could have edited Sherylin out entirely after her meltdown considering we're halfway through and she had 0 scene so far. Even James had a cameo.

Bloody Andy and Lucy have had plenty of screen time. Nadine has had what, three seconds?

Next episode is half way. I can see something happening that turns everything on it's head and turns the focus to Twin Peaks and its residents. Maybe. Next week:
Lynch takes us through a fifity minute journey illustrating how Mother killed the dinosaurs and the Giant sent Cave-Laura and Cave-Cooper to start the human race.

Do we know is Sherilyn Fenn is going to return this season?

Yep - she's in the cast list and promo photo shoots.

PolishQ

Wait meltdown?
What happened with Sherilyn Fenn?

I wouldn't call it a meltdown, but as I understand it she was vocally criticizing the promotion of the show on Twitter, claiming sexism/ageism that she wasn't being featured more prominently.

Later on she seemed to get over it and said she was happy with how her role on the show had been written.

Flipyap

Hmmmm.... what if Girl (1956) is a younger version of American Girl seen in Part 3?
What if Boy (1956) is an older version of Hit and Run Boy? Maybe he didn't really die. It's possible that Little Dicky Horne invented time travel. What if he hit the kid at exactly 88 miles per hour? Did we get a look at his speedometer?

VBOVzyX.gif

After this last episode I return to my theory of this being some kind of being and possibly what the owl symbol actually is.

AWA8usr.jpg

Possibly related to BugFrog?

After this last episode I return to my theory of this being some kind of being and possibly what the owl symbol actually is.

AWA8usr.jpg

Possibly related to BugFrog?

General consensus is Mother/Experiment, as she/it has antennae.

A theory about the FrogMoth is that it's a larval Mother.

Also, I know it looks cool but how did Bad Coop get a playing card with that picture on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom