• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipyap

But how did the roadhouse book Nine Inch Nails?
They got that kind of $$$$$$$$

:p
Those straight-A whores can't be cheap. Decades of pimping teenagers had to pay off eventually.
Man, the roadhouse turned out to be a gross place, how is it even allowed to exist? I don't think I'm going to have any fondness left for the town of Twin Peaks by the time this show wraps up. Hopefully something will redeem that shithole soonish, because yeesh, Deer Meadow sounds like a nice vacation spot compared to modern day Twin Peaks.

Agreed, but the stories presented just aren't interesting or well told ("he died of a broken heart" I mean come on.) I did see some of the actual book and it does look a lot better in terms of presentation (for obvious reasons), but if the content isn't compelling, no amount of pics are gonna help.
Blame Chief Joseph's actual real world doctor, because he really marked that as his cause of death. Sometimes truth is George Lucasier than fiction.

Bad Coop is bad regardless of BOB riding along - he's Good Coop's shadow self. We won't end up with two Good Coops.

Firmly agreed... but I'm not longer convinced that the soot hobos / woodmens actually removed Bob from Mr C having rewatched that scene a couple of times. You see him come to the surface but you never actually see them removing Bob.

Ray says to Philip that he 'saw something in Cooper' which also doesn't indicate that the 'help' Mr C got took Bob away.

PolishQ

Bad Coop is bad regardless of BOB riding along - he's Good Coop's shadow self. We won't end up with two Good Coops.

I wonder though if Dougie-Coop and Evil Coop will merge rather than one dying and one surviving. Dougie-Coop has been reduced to the essence of Good Coop, and (maybe) won't be complete until he's reunited with his dark side.

I wonder though if Dougie-Coop and Evil Coop will merge rather than one dying and one surviving. Dougie-Coop has been reduced to the essence of Good Coop, and (maybe) won't be complete until he's reunited with his dark side.

You know this could be what happens. Especially if you look at it through a Jungian frame of reference. The end result of the individuation process is the totality of the Self, encompassing persona (or a renewed persona), ego, shadow and the anima and animus. Kinda like a Steppenwolf type story, where Diane could (conceptually) represent the anima. Who knows.

I could see a merge happening, especially since Lynch has used the concept in the past (Lost Highway).

Levito

Banned
The difference with Leland and Evil Coop in relation to Bob is Leland was possessed by Bob while Evil Coop seems to just be letting Bob chill in his body. Also Leland was an actual person and we still don't know exactly what Evil Coop is.

Just my thoughts.

Daffy Duck

I had a dream Monday night that Bob was terrorising me, it was fucking horrible.

He was flying around in that weird cloud like form above my head taunting me.

Levito

Banned
I had a dream Monday night that Bob was terrorising me, it was fucking horrible.

He was flying around in that weird cloud like form above my head taunting me.

Who_or_what_is_Twin_Peaks__BOB_and_has_he_possessed_Agent_Cooper_.jpg

Maligna

Banned
But how did the roadhouse book Nine Inch Nails?
They got that kind of $$$$$$$$

:p

The road house is one of the things that bugs me the most about the new series. It doesn't feel like the same small town gathering hall.

Also, I figured Twin Peaks would be like most small towns in 2017, in economic/population decline. But it's booming more than it ever has apparently.

Remember in the finale when Ben Horne's wife just shows up out of nowhere after not being seen since the pilot?

The end of the original series feels like David Lynch admitting that the second season got off the rails and into some really bizarre directions, and is just taking the piss out it.

I also love that they end the "comical" Nadine subplot with something that's depressing, and that jump cut to Leo holding a cage of spiders with his teeth as Bobby and Shelly have a sweet moment.

Levito

Banned
Remember in the finale when Ben Horne's wife just shows up out of nowhere after not being seen since the pilot?

The end of the original series feels like David Lynch admitting that the second season got off the rails and into some really bizarre directions, and is just taking the piss out it.

I also love that they end the "comical" Nadine subplot with something that's depressing, and that jump cut to Leo holding a cage of spiders with his teeth as Bobby and Shelly have a sweet moment.

So many of those plot threads just don't return. Like I wonder if we're even going to hear a passing mention of Donna.

I don't care though, as those season two subplots were all pretty much awful.

So many of those plot threads just don't return. Like I wonder if we're even going to hear a passing mention of Donna.

I don't care though, as those season two subplots were all pretty much awful.

People always mention James/Nadine's plotlines as the worst, but to me there' nothing more groanworthy than the scenes with the mayor's mistress.

I'd also be fine with Donna just being forgotten. She might be my least favorite character even before season 2.

What I like about this season is that there's an obvious vision for it but also it just seems like they're having fun with it, not taking continuity and such too seriously

Specifically the scene with Hawk obnoxiously overexplaining how the diary pages fit in. Like "ok here's your canon, whatever"

Blader

People always mention James/Nadine's plotlines as the worst, but to me there' nothing more groanworthy than the scenes with the mayor's mistress.

I'd also be fine with Donna just being forgotten. She might be my least favorite character even before season 2.

Agreed. That is by the worst subplot in S2, and the most awkwardly shoehorned into the story. Had we even met either of the two old guys before then?

Yen

I'm going through S2 for the first time and wondering if it's worth just skipping to the end of the season? I've seen some images that lay out which eps can be skipped, already watched some duds after the Leland stuff gets resolved.

I'm eager to watch some 2017 Lynch.

I'm going through S2 for the first time and wondering if it's worth just skipping to the end of the season? I've seen some images that lay out which eps can be skipped, some duds after the Leland stuff gets resolved.

1-12, and the last 2/3 are pretty much worth it for sure IMO

yes yes yes they are all twin peaks but if youre like me it just got dreadfully boring for a little in the middle there

I'm going through S2 for the first time and wondering if it's worth just skipping to the end of the season? I've seen some images that lay out which eps can be skipped, already watched some duds after the Leland stuff gets resolved.

I would just suffer through it. Maybe play on your phone/DS/etc while it's on.

Real Hero

just watch it.

Flipyap

The road house is one of the things that bugs me the most about the new series. It doesn't feel like the same small town gathering hall.

Also, I figured Twin Peaks would be like most small towns in 2017, in economic/population decline. But it's booming more than it ever has apparently.
It's also so painfully normal. That used to be this magical place where a bunch of bikers (tied to a noble secret society) gathered to listen to dream pop, and now it's just filled of unremarkable nobodies swaying to normal young person music while seemingly openly supporting a Canadian drug/sex trade family.
I hope something can bring back that small town mystique before the show ends because I'm not finding much to like about the modern day town of Twin Peaks, which is a pretty sizable bummer.

Maligna

Banned
It's also so painfully normal. That used to be this magical place where a bunch of bikers (tied to a noble secret society) gathered to listen to dream pop, and now it's just filled of unremarkable nobodies swaying to normal young person music while seemingly openly supporting a Canadian drug/sex trade family.
I hope something can bring back that small town mystique before the show ends because I'm not finding much to like about the modern day town of Twin Peaks, which is a pretty sizable bummer.

Agreed. But I think we should stop hoping for that as I have a feeling we won't get it.

Vectorman

Banned
Agreed. But I think we should stop hoping for that as I have a feeling we won't get it.

And that still gives me mixed feelings no matter what happens. I will enjoy this as a Lynch creation but it's still up in the air whether it's a good return to TP. And considering that there are still multiple places and characters that need their own plots wrapped up, I doubt the TP townspeople will be seen as much.

Kadayi

Banned
The big question is when TP is up against GOT in a couple of weeks, what do you watch first?

Going into GOT with Lynchian madness still spiralling through your eye holes could be a bit too much I reckon but at the same time, I need that Lynch in my veins man...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For what it's worth, we're now only about four days away from the next episode. The wait is almost over!

In some ways this time has gone fast, other ways it has dragged. Shouldn't speak too soon as we still have four more days to mull over, though.

The big question is when TP is up against GOT in a couple of weeks, what do you watch first?

Going into GOT with Lynchian madness still spiralling through your eye holes could be a bit too much I reckon but at the same time, I need that Lynch in my veins man...

This will come to opinion, but I personally like Twin Peaks a lot more than GOT so this is an easy contest for me. I wouldn't say GOT is bad, just I think there's nothing else like the new Twin Peaks and it's fastening and securing itself as one of my favorite things ever, so it's no contest for me.

Oh gee, real tough choice. :p

big ander

This isn't even a contest. Peaks. Thrones is fine and fun at times and I'll see it through to the end. And I get why it's a smash success and all. But pitting a decent-to-pretty good water cooler show against a radically experimental and inconceivably gorgeous landmark work of television that had no equal 25 years ago and will have no equal 25 more from now...it's rare a choice is this easy. I might save thrones for later in the week, Twin Peaks I have to see.

Kadayi

Banned
Oh gee, real tough choice. :p

I'm considering it more from the perspective of how distracted am I going to be watching GoT after Twin Peaks thinking about Coop, Evil Coop,etc whilst watching John Snow get ratfuck shivved by littlefinger, versus the other way round is all.

Peaks just get into your head and won't let go...

CloudWolf

Twin Peaks is probably the most fascinating thing on tv in years, while Game of Thrones hasn't been interesting for at least two years. It's no contest.

hydruxo

Thrones, for me. I'm more likely to have GoT spoiled for me on social media if I don't watch it right away than I am for Peaks. I'd watch both at once if I could lmao.

Twin Peaks is probably the most fascinating thing on tv in years, while Game of Thrones hasn't been interesting for at least two years. It's no contest.

That's...quite the exaggeration. Season 5 was pretty weak but it's never not interesting. Season 6 was solid overall and had three incredible episodes (The Door, Battle of the Bastards, Winds of Winter), with the last two being some of the best episodes of television of recent years in general.

Love Game of Thrones, but it can wait! Twin Peaks is on a whole other level

I do the cliche thing and save the best for last. Definitely watching twin peaks at the end of the night so I can let it stew

Slaythe

It's kind of terrifying there literally is a 60% chance Dougie is here to stay at this point.

Maybe he won't be brain damaged forever but I think it's ded for Cooper.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It's kind of terrifying there literally is a 60% chance Dougie is here to stay at this point.

Maybe he won't be brain damaged forever but I think it's ded for Cooper.

He will keep being Dougie until the last episode when Julee Cruise sings at the Roadhouse and when we finally know Coop's back, BAM, black screen.

"Featuring Kyle MacLachlan"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom