• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game of Thrones is marching towards a super predictable conclusion. Twin Peaks is still a HUGE question mark. We have theories and ideas of where it's going, but man this show throws curve balls like no other.

Twin Peaks is an easy first, then disconnect from social media until I've watched Thrones.

Chumley

Banned
The big question is when TP is up against GOT in a couple of weeks, what do you watch first?

Going into GOT with Lynchian madness still spiralling through your eye holes could be a bit too much I reckon but at the same time, I need that Lynch in my veins man...

Definitely GOT first because it leaves the brain as soon as it ends while TP is always so thought provoking I have a hard time processing much else after.

Also, about Dougie. We still have 10 episodes left. Season 1 was 8 episodes, for the sake of comparison. If 2 more go by and still no Coop it's safe to start getting worried.

As long as it's well-written and conclusive, I don't mind if Cooper gets back to his old coffee and pie self, remains Dougified, gets his mind back but is irreparably traumatized by his experiences and lost time, whatever.

Vectorman

Banned
As long as it's well-written and conclusive, I don't mind if Cooper gets back to his old coffee and pie self, remains Dougified, gets his mind back but is irreparably traumatized by his experiences and lost time, whatever.
Let's hope that's not the case. It would start going down a route that I felt concerning a recent franchise that a famous director returned to...and the results are middling.

I've stopped worrying about Cooper coming back and just started accepting this as 18 hours of new Lynch/Frost. We've gotten some fantastic episodes already without classic Coop, and I'm sure we'll have 1 or 2 more (still betting on a mid-season thing happening), but if we only get a few eps (or moments :X) of good old Agent Cooper, I can't say I'll be angry if the quality keeps up.

What the h is Game of Thrones?

Some dragon and incest gimmick trash.

I'll watch it but Peaks has priority, GoT's last two or three seasons have been pretty dull, with the occasional superb episode thrown in.

I'm surprised Dougie hasn't had any Cooper-style dream visits to the Red Room to help kick his brain back into gear.

If Coop is ever to return to Twin Peaks he needs to snap out of it soon.

This is Showtime, they are going to milk it for 3 seasons.

I really don't want another season after this. No Albert, No Log Lady, No Jefferies. It wouldn't be right and I'm not really down for 'Twin Peaks: The Next Generation".

I also don't see Coop surviving. Off to the White Lodge with him at the end, I reckon, after the dweller on the threshold is finally confronted with pure courage.

Just a few days until ep 9! Whoop.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Actual spoiler for the new season from something people saw being filmed two or so years ago about Dougie, so actual spoiler warning as this scene hasn't aired yet:
Cooper 100% is coming back in some form since they were filming Cooper in his FBI suit with a woman entering the Palmer house. The implications of this as the season has been going on of what this scene is for grow increasingly interesting as the season goes on. Can see the recorded clip here: http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/10/twin-peaks-leak-video-laura-palmer/

traveler

Not Wario
PeaksGAF I made you a gift
CByJzDx.gif

If only we'd be so blessed. This is great.

Kadayi

Banned

Coops effectively been in a coma for 25 years. I dare say that it's likely that as soon as Spikes gun is fingerprint run then the FBI will be notified and Coop and Cole will be reunited, which will undoubtedly spark some awakening in Coop (seeing a familiar face), but at the same time, Coops got 25 years of culture shock to get over. Think about how much the world has changed in that time. Internet, mobile phones, etc, etc

Flipyap

That's a bit of a misunderstanding. While they were secretive (only MacLachlan got to read the whole script, everyone else got partial pages with other actors' lines blacked out) Lynch simply doesn't do line readings, he just talks to actors or watches interview tapes with them talking about random stuff.

You can watch him explain his process here and here.

Speaking of those script pages... god, I'd love to see what the Wally Brando scene must have looked like for everyone except Michael Cera.

Code:
EXT. TWIN PEAKS SHERIFF'S STATION - NIGHT

TRUMAN
	Good to see you again, Wally.

WALLY
[img]http://i.imgur.com/3dzGIy2.jpg[/img]

TRUMAN
	Thank you, Wally.

WALLY
How did they even survive filming that shit? Can you even imagine showing up for the scene not knowing that all that Wally is about to take place? (Wally is my dharma)

Actual spoiler for the new season from something people saw being filmed two or so years ago about Dougie, so actual spoiler warning as this scene hasn't aired yet:
Cooper 100% is coming back in some form since they were filming Cooper in his FBI suit with a woman entering the Palmer house. The implications of this as the season has been going on of what this scene is for grow increasingly interesting as the season goes on. Can see the recorded clip here: http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/10/twin-peaks-leak-video-laura-palmer/

I remember reading - years ago - that if a season 3 happened,
Sheryl Lee would return as another cousin of Laura, this time a red head. So I reckon that's what's going on here.

Big One

Banned
Eh he's still walking in the trance-like Dougie state. It could just be the Lodge guiding him like they've been doing.

I give no fucks about GoT, so things are easy for me.

TP season 3 has killed my interest in most other TV to a shocking amount. I didn't get around to watching Doctor Who for a couple of weeks this season, and that hadn't happened since 2005.

It's also pushed me away from WWE, since the big matches happen at the Sunday night events and I have little interest in not watching them live. I'll probably flip over to hopefully catch Joe vs Brock after this weeks episode, but I'm going to watch TP when it first airs, and I'm going to plan my Sunday evenings around that.

I give no fucks about GoT, so things are easy for me.

TP season 3 has killed my interest in most other TV to a shocking amount. I didn't get around to watching Doctor Who for a couple of weeks this season, and that hadn't happened since 2005.

It's also pushed me away from WWE, since the big matches happen at the Sunday night events and I have little interest in not watching them live. I'll probably flip over to hopefully catch Joe vs Brock after this weeks episode, but I'm going to watch TP when it first airs, and I'm going to plan my Sunday evenings around that.

BUT GREAT BALLS OF FIRE.

Vectorman

Banned
Eh he's still walking in the trance-like Dougie state. It could just be the Lodge guiding him like they've been doing.
I'm suspecting the lady that is with him is Janey. Notice her haircut. Seems like they're gonna journey to TP together.

Levito

Banned
I think there's a good chance Dougie Jones's family might be manufactured too. Notice when Coop gets dropped off there for the first time, he looks up as an owl flys by; implying that the lodge is watching over them too.

Vectorman

Banned
The Comic Con panel lineup has been revealed:
Kyle Maclachlan, Tim Roth, Dana Ashbrook, Kimmy Robertson, Matthew Lillard, Everett McGill, James Marshall, Don Murray, Naomi Watts. No Lynch from the looks of it though maybe he's a surprise. Hilarious thing is Damon Lindelof of The Leftovers fame (or Prometheus infamy) is hosting the panel. However that's not all for Comic Con.

We'll also get to see Part 11 that same day as well. First come, first serve of course.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWNgj3HBYYE/?taken-by=twinpeaks&hl=en

Kyle Maclachlan, Tim Roth, Dana Ashbrook, Kimmy Robertson, Matthew Lillard, Everett McGill, James Marshall, Don Murray, Naomi Watts. No Lynch from the looks of it though maybe he's a surprise. Hilarious thing is Damon Lindelof of The Leftovers fame (or Prometheus infamy). However that's not all for Comic Con.

We'll also get to see Part 11 that same day as well. First come, first serve of course.

I look forward to them not being able to discuss anything.

PolishQ

Kyle Maclachlan, Tim Roth, Dana Ashbrook, Kimmy Robertson, Matthew Lillard, Everett McGill, James Marshall, Don Murray, Naomi Watts. No Lynch from the looks of it though maybe he's a surprise. Hilarious thing is Damon Lindelof of The Leftovers fame (or Prometheus infamy) is hosting the panel. However that's not all for Comic Con.

"Mr. Roth, who are you playing on the show?"

A-V-B

What a heavy load Eienstein must've had. Fuckin morons.... everywhere.

mubrLH4.gif

I think there's a good chance Dougie Jones's family might be manufactured too. Notice when Coop gets dropped off there for the first time, he looks up as an owl flys by; implying that the lodge is watching over them too.

I always had this weird image in my head of, when Coop is to wake up, we'll find out something weird like his family are just the other aspects of himself hidden away. And that's when we have a two minute-long David Lynch freakout of Dougie in the kitchen, slowly attracting his family towards himself like a magnet, with them making weirdo noises like "Ugh, aghhh...?" and then they fucking merge with each other in a flash of light or some shit and Dale is suddenly back. That'd be Lynch as fuck.

Haha, in all honesty, I'm actually probably gonna go for the early screening of the new episode. I will definitely try and get some stuff signed since there is an autograph session as well.

Tim Roth's presence could mean he finally turns up in that episode. And I'd like more of Bill Hastings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom