• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
Much better than the last one, only thing missing is Coop.
You mean an episode that is already going down as one of the most critically acclaimed episodes in tv history by tv critics? Alright.

Episode 8 of season 3 without question is the most iconic of the franchise since the pilot of season 1. Love it or hate it last weeks episode has changed tv forever.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The fact he apparently updated his blog a bit before Ruth died, and the fact the blog was last updated in 2015, raises even more questions for the timeline of this series.

And of course he started the site in 1997, the same year Dougie was manufactured.

Kalor

That Johnny scene felt really out of place but besides that it was a good episode. Everything is starting to come together.

Kensation

Someone who lives in South Dakota should go to those coordinates and report back.

44°30'44.8"N 103°49'14.6"W
44.512439, -103.820707
EmzpNrt.png

Pennywise

You mean an episode that is already going down as one of the most critically acclaimed episodes in tv history by tv critics? Alright.

Episode 8 of season 3 without question is the most iconic of the franchise since the pilot of season 1. Love it or hate it last weeks episode has changed tv forever.
Not really.

So am I crazy or was this the episode that felt most like a classic TP episode so far? Lots of characters talking, switching scenes and perspectives, more use of music and quirkier moments along with some more focused character interaction while pushing a central mystery forward.

Half-way mark of the season though, 9 more parts to go!
This and episode 7 for sure.
Wish we had a bit more of Truman, as he is a new character in TP.

That Johnny scene felt really out of place but besides that it was a good episode. Everything is starting to come together.
Yup.

WEW it's all starting to come together, this arc with Bobby is reminding me so much of that speech Briggs gave him years ago.
Bobby had easily the best scenes from the old cast so far. Hopefully more characters will get the same love.

Levito

Banned
WEW it's all starting to come together, this arc with Bobby is reminding me so much of that speech Briggs gave him years ago.

Season 2 was far from perfect but at least it was more coherent than this mess. At least season 2 still had the genuine interactions between Cooper and Truman. What we get now is an overacting Naomi Watts going on rants while standing next to a zombie.

Season 2 was terrible and the whole reason why the show was cancelled, there were like 5 good episodes and the rest were abysmal. You can poo poo the new season all you want and drop ratings numbers like folks are supposed to care but all the same you're sidestepping the fact that the low point of the series happened many years ago.

Flipyap

That was... pleasant. It moved like a more conventional episode of plot-driven TV, but it was unmistakably a Lynch creation. This is what Part 7 should have been. It felt like he actually wanted to shoot these plot-pushing scenes.
It will be interesting to see what this part looked like to people for whom Part 7 meant that "TWIN PEAKS IS BACK," because while I didn't see any Classic Peaks in that part, I sure did see a lot of it in Part 9.

Betty Briggs almost made it feel like goodness was returning to town, but the good ol' roadhouse was there to assure me that nope, Twin Peaks needs to be burned to the fucking ground (what a shithole).

Oh, and, Johnny. Plz don't be dead. I need to see you hang out with Dougie. I bet you'd make great friends.

Oh god, The Final Dossier IS going to be full of blog printouts and text message logs, isn't it? Goshdarnit, Mark!

bleaker

Someone who lives in South Dakota should go to those coordinates and report back.

44°30'44.8"N 103°49'14.6"W
44.512439, -103.820707

It's about five hours away from me, so I don't think I'll make it. On another note, the search for the zone website was created on the actual day of my birth.

I am Dougie.

Zoe

SECRETS

If you click on the second tree from the left at the bottom of the website it will take you to a soundtrack ad!

So random

Site seems to be hosted by the record label. Clicking on the donate banner takes you to a page to buy the soundtrack, and the newsletter banner leads to a mailing list for the soundtrack too.

Cheebo

Banned
I think the original series took place when it originally aired (1990).
The start of the series took place in 1989, 1989 is when Laura died.

Seeing how The Return takes place in 2015, 25 years later after season 2 we can assume the first two seasons covered part of 1989 and 1990.

Not really.

This and episode 7 for sure.
Wish we had a bit more of Truman, as he is a new character in TP.

Yup.

Bobby had easily the best scenes from the old cast so far. Hopefully more characters will get the same love.

If only there was a way to have bobby/garland hug scene in this,

We have hard dates. They contradict the hard dates in Secret History that put Tammys investigation of that contemporanesouly with the release of the book.

There is weird voices mixed into the soundtrack that plays on the blog when you hit the old posts link.

Can't wait to find out what's at those coordinates!

traveler

Not Wario
Bobby makes his way to the void in the black lodge and hugs a projection of Major Brigg's head, squeezing his cheeks in and out in the same fashion that Doop did to that unfortunate gas station attendant.

South Dakota is a long drive. Guess I better get started now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom