• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

The start of the series took place in 1989, 1989 is when Laura died.

Seeing how The Return takes place in 2015, 25 years later after season 2 we can assume the first two seasons covered part of 1989 and 1990.

So it is safe to assume everything is happening in 2015. Twin Peaks just happens to be over a week ahead of the other storylines.

fenners

That was a f'ing good episode. Ridiculously close in tone to the original where it mattered, and pushing the plot along so damn much.

Looking forward to digging into the website. DAMN!

And I get to watch it again tomorrow night because my wife couldn't watch it with me. DAMN!

:)

So it is safe to assume everything is happening in 2015. Twin Peaks just happens to be over a week ahead of the other storylines.
I called this. The stuff in Twin Peaks always felt like it was happening over a shorter time period and on it's own schedule.

I think they spread out the events in Twin Peaks to ensure there were some in every part (part 8 aside).

I also don't think you can presume every road house performance = a new day.

Clicking on that Zone site brings up the name Heribert e severing
That's an anagram if Ive ever seen one lol
http://www.severing.nu/sever.htm

pt.gif

holy shit what

I uploaded that gif to imgur, and right click -> view image on the imgur upload lists the URL as http://www.severing.nu/pt.gif instead of the usual

What sorcery is this?

edit: false alarm, apparently imgur does that now unless you refresh the page?

Pennywise

If only there was a way to have bobby/garland hug scene in this,
I think it was perfect this way. Showing both the love and trust he had in his son to actually suceed and get his life on track.
Bobby grew as character and not just because 25 years passed.
Hopefully we'll see more moments like this.

Oh and Bobby giving his possible daughter a similar speech to show his love and trust is something I'll expect somewhere down the road.

http://www.grantchronicles.com/astro24.htm

This was one of the links I found on the website...
It talks about gold and some of the stuff in it seems very familiar.
Gold definitely has a special significance in this season. The part in the white lodge(?) where the gold particles come out of the Giant's head and it forms a gold dragon ball.

Also, could this "12th Planet Orbital Path" be what we experienced in Episode 8? O.O

we started in a dark crazy place and ended up in a fiery place.
and the place where the Experiment spits out the cloud with Bob's face was calm... maybe that was the neutral point?

gun_haver

serioiusly i'm in love with dana ashbrook as bobby in this new series

cos he was always hot but god damn it now that he's got defined features and beautiful silver hair

so i'm watching episode 8 again and why am i just now realizing that the egg that the bug thing hatched from was in the cloud that the Experiment spat out?
there was a bunch of them!!

Is it just me or did Doop seem a little more...human this episode? He seemed to have an actual attachment to the rednecks at the farm.

If Lynch ends up making me sympathize with Dopple Coop, I don't know what I'm going to do with my life.

Is it just me or did Doop seem a little more...human this episode? He seemed to have an actual attachment to the rednecks at the farm.

Even though instead of passing the guy the phone and telling him to destroy it, he threw it on the ground haha idk why that made me laugh when it happened.
Mr.C doesn't hand people shit

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuuck, I thought Sky Ferreira was going to be a musical guest, not a character! This is going to be pretty interesting!

And shieeet, Diane getting that text from Mr. C. Wonder if it's a taunt or if she's actually helping him (although her insistence with the phone in the plane makes me think it could be the latter). Is that even the real Diane, could have she been replaced?

Lots of characters interactions this episode. I'm glad some of you guys are happier with this episode.

Honestly besides Chromatics and Trouble, the rest of the bands are kinda alright. Just feels like David Lynch's modern playlist. Btw, thank god we are getting more background music now.

I freaked the hell out when I saw Sharon Van Etten in the show. Singing Tarifa no less.

Even though instead of passing the guy the phone and telling him to destroy it, he threw it on the ground haha idk why that made me laugh when it happened.
Mr.C doesn't hand people shit

I like to think that whenever Doop sends a text or finishes a call, he just throws the phone away out of habit. Like after he transferred the tracking device to that truck.

anaron

Every scene involving the Hornes I wait with bated breath for Audrey to appear and she never does. :(

The Briggs scenes were so stellar and emotional. So much of this felt like classic TP.

Lmao at Lucy's bits this ep

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
The Bobby stuff was nice this ep.

The armpit rash is the grossest thing in the show, which is saying something.

Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Johnny was running upstairs and somehow ultimately ended up in a downstairs room when he ran out and hit the wall?

And the mom said "who let him out!?"

Was poor Johnny imprisoned in his own home?

EdmondD

I love the little things. That cops laugh. His partners snide jokes. America the Beautiful playing when Dougie looked at the flag made me laugh out loud. I liked how he stared at that socket. Lucy's giant sandwich. That piece of shit Chad eating two tv dinners at one time. What a dick.

I love the Bobby and Major Briggs stuff. I was just watching the vision of light speech Briggs gives to Bobby hours before this episode. Dat cosmic synchronicity.

I have been obsessed with alternate dimensions, alternate worlds, and parallel universes for a long time. I love all that crazy stuff. It's one the reasons I love Twin Peaks. Really like the way the story is going. Matthew Lilliard is an underrated actor. "There were so many people there." Oh man would I love to have seen what he saw. Well, maybe not because it sounds pretty god damn scary.

I got a lot of reading to do.

HoJu

The disgusting armpit rash scene reminded me of the eye rubbing scene from Eraserhead. The power of sound.

The smoking scene was hilarious. the two minutes of silence with Dern smoking, Gordon staring quietly and Tammy doing whatever the fuck she was doing was perfect. What a great show.

Also lol at airing the room out after Chad left. And at Jerry's foot. The Lucy and Andy armchair scene was so dumb but sweet at the end.

I feel like Jerry might not just be high.
I remember from the end of last season where everyone's arms were gaining a mind of their own.

Also, was that Ike that made the noise when the camera zoomed in on him while the police had him at gunpoint or was that his hand? O.O

I had to go back and watch the scene with Bobby and his father again right after I finished the episode. I love all these connections back to small things that were in the original series. Hope Bobby becomes more involved, he's great.

This was also probably the funniest episode yet. A good counter to the last one.

I have been obsessed with alternate dimensions, alternate worlds, and parallel universes for a long time. I love all that crazy stuff. It's one the reasons I love Twin Peaks. Really like the way the story is going. Matthew Lilliard is an underrated actor. "There were so many people there." Oh man would I love to have seen what he saw. Well, maybe not because it sounds pretty god damn scary.
Oh yeah. That was the line that made me go nuts because Tammy just ignored it. From what we've seen of the other world there is always so little people there.

EdmondD

Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Johnny was running upstairs and somehow ultimately ended up in a downstairs room when he ran out and hit the wall?

And the mom said "who let him out!?"

Was poor Johnny imprisoned in his own home?
Seems more like they are keeping him in there to avoid him hurting himself. There was definitely something weird going on there with the way he suddenly appeared downstairs.
The disgusting armpit rash scene reminded me of the eye rubbing scene from Eraserhead. The power of sound.

The smoking scene was hilarious. the two minutes of silence with Dern smoking, Gordon staring quietly and Tammy doing whatever the fuck she was doing was perfect. What a great show.

Also lol at airing the room out after Chad left. And at Jerry's foot. The Lucy and Andy armchair scene was so dumb but sweet at the end.
The smoking scene is great. I loved how Gordon just kept staring. I like how weird Tammy is I sympathize with her because I am awkward like that sometimes.
I feel like Jerry might not just be high.
I remember from the end of last season where everyone's arms were gaining a mind of their own.

Also, was that Ike that made the noise when the camera zoomed in on him while the police had him at gunpoint or was that his hand? O.O
Seemed like Ike was throwing his voice like a ventriloquist using his hand as puppet.

Vectorman

Banned
I freaked the hell out when I saw Sharon Van Etten in the show. Singing Tarifa no less.
I shall correct my statement now. I forgot she's on ther too. Bless her.

In terms of the show, they are finally getting on with it. Episodes 1-3 were good and I really love EP.8 but it's time to get this show moving and it's now doing that with finally connecting the dots. Here's things that stuck out:

The midget's hand making noises. Curious to see where that goes.

Seems like Doop is siccing his gf and friend on Dougie. Hopefully Dougie will be able to get out of that situation. Also odd that Doop didn't seem affected by Bob leaving. Interesting that it finally connect with that random guy in that Vegas building. Surprise was with Diane though.

Guessing Dougie's prints taken off the cup will draw FBI's attention. Hopefully will kickstart Dougie into remembering if he encounters Albert and Gordon.

TP cops getting their side moving as well. That scene with Bobby and his mother reminding me so much why I still like Bobby even though he was a little shithead back then. Still what's going on between him and Shelley?

Sky's character being infected...maybe something to do with those frogbug creatures.

Anyways only complaint still is that this show continues to ignore a huge portion of the town's residents. Shame it's only 9 more hours now but hopefully this back half of the season will begin to satisfy me.

Futureman

The scene right before Johnny running through the house was Coop staring at the electrical outlet, right? Also I think as they panned down on Johnny lying on the floor bloodied, the shot started on what looked like was an electrical outlet.

I remember from the original series that Laura tutored Johnny. What is the deeper connection?

anaron

The scene right before Johnny running through the house was Coop staring at the electrical outlet, right? Also I think as they panned down on Johnny lying on the floor bloodied, the shot started on what looked like was an electrical outlet.

I remember from the original series that Laura tutored Johnny. What is the deeper connection?
I read that as tortured as was like "What?!" Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom