• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the next episode called "Let's rock"?

Oh boy...

giphy.gif

Flipyap

Taglines for the next few parts:

Part 12: Let's rock. (July 30, 2017)
Part 13: What story is that, Charlie? (August 6, 2017 - show moves to 8pm EST)
Part 14: We are like the dreamer. (August 13, 2017)
Part 15: There’s some fear in letting go. (August 20, 2017)
Part 16: No knock, no doorbell. (August 27, 2017)

We're getting so close to the end! Aaaagghhh
Oh shit, it's really happening, isn't it? Prepare to say
UlVmmhc.png

Upanishads said:
We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe.

Vectorman

Banned
Man, that is awesome. I love the sycamore trees in the coffee steam. I was listening to Windswept when I saw this. So good.
Exactly! Love the small owl that resides there as well. Feel like with how Cooper-focused the original and the Return, it's one of the best prints about TP.

Btw, I really want Chromatics to be back to play the Bang Bang Bar one more time. Would be a good bookend to the series.

Futureman

I probably posted this a year ago in some Twin Peaks hype thread on here but thought I'd share again.

Kyle had a Cooper art contest on his social media and I submitted this:

6aFKlV2h.jpg

-------

I just watched the Lynch quinoa video. Loved it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit, it's really happening, isn't it? Prepare to say
UlVmmhc.png

It's all a dream. We live inside a dream.

EDIT: Also, Lynch used to say that quote as a hint for people to understand Inland Empire.

I was just rewatching the restaurant scene to listen to the music, and jesus, that moment when the whole world seems to grind to a halt as the pianist plays the first few notes of Sycamore Trees. So goddamn good.

EdmondD

I was just rewatching the restaurant scene to listen to the music, and jesus, that moment when the whole world seems to grind to a halt as the pianist plays the first few notes of Sycamore Trees. So goddamn good.
I didn't hear it when I first watched. I wanted to believe. Just finished watching and I think it is Sycamore Trees. Amazing. Pretty much a perfect episode from beginning to end.
Hawk isn't gonna die don't even speak such a terrible thing into existence
"There is fire where you are going." : ( Please survive Hawk.

So the FBI is gully aware of shit going down, right?

I think the way Cole says to Albert "is one of them in there?" or something like that when they are near the portal place kind of implies that. On the other hand, later in the episode they seem to talk about the woodsmen differently, but that could be to withhold information from Diane etc.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think the FBI know about the paranormal cases and certain elements of it, but don't have the full picture or understand all of it. They seem to know about the other world and some of the effects it's had on our world, but probably not the how or why, and I get the feeling they know very little about the other side in general. That's the impression I've gotten so far, they've known about the cases around, have maybe glimpsed the other world, and know what effects it's had on our world but don't directly understand all of it nor do they know much about the other world outside of the effect it's had on ours. There's multiple times this season Gordon specifically seems confounded by some of the oddness, IE "What the hell," to the thing in the box, confessing to Albert with Mr. C in Prison he has no idea what's going on, and Albert doesn't either, and some other things here and there. Basically seem loosely aware, but don't know the full details.

Also what was up with Tammy seeing the woodsman crawling over to the car, but she tells Albert and Gordon that she saw one leaving the car

I figured if she was going to lie she wouldn't say anything, which is why I was thrown off by it

Unless it's just her covering her tracks, as she didn't do anything to warn the people in the car

Kelsdesu

I think the way Cole says to Albert "is one of them in there?" or something like that when they are near the portal place kind of implies that. On the other hand, later in the episode they seem to talk about the woodsmen differently, but that could be to withhold information from Diane etc.

Ok. I need to rewatch thst scene at some point.

I think the FBI know about the paranormal cases and certain elements of it, but don't have the full picture or understand all of it. They seem to know about the other world and some of the effects it's had on our world, but probably not the how or why, and I get the feeling they know very little about the other side in general. That's the impression I've gotten so far, they've known about the cases around, have maybe glimpsed the other world, and know what effects it's had on our world but don't directly understand all of it nor do they know much about the other world outside of the effect it's had on ours. There's multiple times this season Gordon specifically seems confounded by some of the oddness, IE "What the hell," to the thing in the box, confessing to Albert with Mr. C in Prison he has no idea what's going on, and Albert doesn't either, and some other things here and there. Basically seem loosely aware, but don't know the full details.

So do you think theyre working in tandem with the military?

I didn't hear it when I first watched. I wanted to believe. Just finished watching and I think it is Sycamore Trees. Amazing. Pretty much a perfect episode from beginning to end.
The first few notes are 100% a Sycamore Trees callback, but the rest of the song doesn't really sound like it.

The Art Life is a really good documentary. The story about David's father visiting him at college and David showing him his experiments is hilarious.

It is well worth watching.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Oh my fucking god thank you for this gif. Laura Kenny is my new favorite Peaks actress.

WHY
IS
THIS
HAPPENING
Yeah I rewatched that scene again. Might be one of my favourite ones in the whole series. The screaming at the end, my god. I don't even know what the emotion I felt was during that.

WriterGK

If we are interpreting the Michum Brothers ''3 more hours'' as the return of Dale Cooper. Then what do we think of the its already past 6:30 from the Honking Woman? Does that have a deeper meaning? I am not sure but was the honking scene the end of the episode of was there still stuff going on after that?

Anyone know if there's a larger version of this going around? Preferably one that has Coop and Laura Palmer without the Twin Peaks logo? Thinking of getting it framed.

twin-peaks-showtime.jpg

Ta!

PolishQ

I took Cole's "is one of them in there?" to refer to the portal/gateway. I don't think they have encountered the woodsmen before.

Holy shit.....I just had a thought
What if Johnny is like Dougie? What if someone is trapped inside Johnny like Dale Cooper is trapped inside Dougie???
That would be amazing, though the show hasn't set that up at all. No Johnny trapped in the Black Lodge, no doppleganger Johnny, nothing suggesting that Johnny's soul isn't implanted in that body.

I completely forgot this bit from the teaser.

giphy.gif

This doesn't look like Dougie does it ?

Also, thanks to a gaffer who attended the shooting, there is a gigantic, enormous spoiler, don't read if you don't want to know.

MAJOR SPOILER :

He is standing next to "Laura", or rather, Sheryl Lee.

My prediction is that this scene takes place in episode
16 due to the tagline being about a door or doorbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom