• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I won't be able to watch it until Monday afternoon... How do I resist clicking on neogaf for reactions until then?

Well, an extreme way is there's some internet plug-ins that you can disable certain websites to visit until a certain time if struggling with the self-control.

But if I was in your shoes, I'd more think, "Would I want the last episode they hyped up (Part 8) to be spoiled to me some before watching?," now this probably will be quite different than Part 8 but I think part of the fun of these episodes is you never really quite know what you're going to get, so reading some stuff ahead of time may very well ruin part of the surprise of it.

Well, an extreme way is there's some internet plug-ins that you can disable certain websites to visit until a certain time if struggling with the self-control.

But if I was in your shoes, I'd more think, "Would I want the last episode they hyped up (Part 8) to be spoiled to me some before watching?," now this probably will be quite different than Part 8 but I think part of the fun of these episodes is you never really quite know what you're going to get, so reading some stuff ahead of time may very well ruin part of the surprise of it.

True. Very true. I'll just wait. Every episode has been unexpected one way or another, so best to go in completely blind.

This season has been so damn good ladies and gentlemen.

Indeed it has. Can't think of any other show where the week to week anticipation and having expectations so completely upended each time has been so potent. Loving every second of it. Savor it while it lasts folks cause it'll be over before we know it. Crazy how long the wait from initial announcement+shooting to premiere seemed and now we have just a month and change left before the finale. And then the wait for the blu ray and
potential fourth season :p

sappyday

The #1 thing I love is that we never know what the hell we're gonna get. It could go one way but then it can also a whole different fucking way.

If you like James Belushi in the new Twin Peaks, you should seek out the Wild Palms dvds.

A '93 miniseries that was clearly influenced by Twin Peaks but can totally stand on its own. I'm sure Lynch casting Jim is also a nod to that show. Other actors appeared in later Lynch projects too (e.g. Robert Loggia in Lost Highway).

512ZVQK7M8L._SY445_.jpg

Already recommended it here somewhere.

Meesh

Seriously I think Lynch is brilliant. I was young when Twin Peaks hit but was awe struck by the visuals in the story... he's a tremendous visionary.... I love his works.

You sir, just won the INTERNET. Congratulations. How are the Road House and the Bang Bang Bar?
The same place :p

That was at the Attic in the Salish (The Great Northern). Tomorrow we will be doing karaoke at the Roadhouse after the picnic up at Olalie park where loads of stuff was filmed for FWWM and Season 3 (mostly woods stuff and Deer Meadow sheriff's station). Its been a great few days. I keep forgetting there's a new episode tomorrow. It's going to be awesome.

Amy hadn't seen the tweets from Kyle or the official Twitter so I got to show her those too which was neat.

WriterGK

The same place :p

That was at the Attic in the Salish (The Great Northern). Tomorrow we will be doing karaoke at the Roadhouse after the picnic up at Olalie park where loads of stuff was filmed for FWWM and Season 3 (mostly woods stuff and Deer Meadow sheriff's station). Its been a great few days. I keep forgetting there's a new episode tomorrow. It's going to be awesome.

Amy hadn't seen the tweets from Kyle or the official Twitter so I got to show her those too which was neat.

Nice. Did you tell her that we all or at least many people think she is our favorite new character :p?

Last time the Twittersphere was hyping an episode of Peaks this much was Part 8, so surely we're in for some exciting stuff?

Plaglarize, you are the current hero of this thread. Please stop squeezing my jealousy gland.

dabig2

616_1501394396947z1srw.jpeg

So this just happened. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! Next level nerdage.

I swear to god, I'm going to find some way to make myself a black lodge spirit just so I can replace you with a doppleganger (aka me). Either that or do the old Bob possession. Not even Mike, the arm, and the Giant/Fireman will save you!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Indeed it has. Can't think of any other show where the week to week anticipation and having expectations so completely upended each time has been so potent. Loving every second of it. Savor it while it lasts folks cause it'll be over before we know it. Crazy how long the wait from initial announcement+shooting to premiere seemed and now we have just a month and change left before the finale. And then the wait for the blu ray and
potential fourth season :p

Hope the wait for the Blu Ray isn't long. Also hope it has a ton of extra content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom