• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that a line from the song Eddie Vedder recorded for the show? Or similar?

Can't climb to heaven on the cross
One liar's promise drained the blood from my heart
Came a message in the dark
Offered the hand of a disembodied man
While I still had the chance

Now it's gone, gone
And I am who I am
Who I was I will never be again
Running out of sand

I stare at my reflection to the bone
Blurred eyes look back at me
Full of blame and sympathy
So, so close
Right roads not taken, the future's forsaken
Dropped like a fossil or stone

Now it's gone, gone
And I am who I am
Who I was I will never come again
Running out of sand

... sort of maybe?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I mean, we all pretty much predicted Part 12 would be a pretty big deal. With the fact it seems it'll be the part the series has been building up to for a while (October 2nd at 2:53 PM at specific coordinates, a number that's been relevant since Part 2 of the series and appeared multiple times since then and slowly been being built up and important to most of the stories of the show), plus with the title, "Let's Rock!", certainly implying some things to any Peaks fan.

Though hype tweets from people involved does basically affirm it might be the sort of episode of big deal episode like many predicted, though I will mention I don't really know what sort of deal it'll be so we'll see when we see.

traveler

Not Wario
No hints about when she will show up but
she basically confirmed that she is Richard's mom.

We get episode 12 on Sunday at a location from the show some of the cast. So I think that's more than cool enough.

Does that require a fest ticket to get in as well or can I just show up and get a table anyways? (This is at the Fall City Roadhouse right? Assuming they're not shutting the restaurant down for the fest but I guess thats possible)

Does that require a fest ticket to get in as well or can I just show up and get a table anyways? (This is at the Fall City Roadhouse right? Assuming they're not shutting the restaurant down for the fest but I guess thats possible)
Ticketed event only I'm afraid. They book out the whole place.

I hope Amy Shiels is sticking around to watch if Kyle is hyping Candie up before tomorrow.

20170729_124001c7u1q.jpg

James who plays Deputy Jesse is a goddamn sweet heart.

Blader

I mean, we all pretty much predicted Part 12 would be a pretty big deal. With the fact it seems it'll be the part the series has been building up to for a while (October 2nd at 2:53 PM at specific coordinates, a number that's been relevant since Part 2 of the series and appeared multiple times since then and slowly been being built up and important to most of the stories of the show), plus with the title, "Let's Rock!", certainly implying some things to any Peaks fan.

Though hype tweets from people involved does basically affirm it might be the sort of episode of big deal episode like many predicted, though I will mention I don't really know what sort of deal it'll be so we'll see when we see.

Is the day in tomorrow's episode supposed to be October 2nd?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the new episode could begin close to the ending of October 1 and then go straight into October 2. Or just straight into the second. Or well, it's kind of hard to say with all the different timelines.

I'm not doing this again. Last time the hype posts/tweets started bubbling in the days leading up to the ep, we got Part 8 and-

wait

:O

OMG HYPE

PolishQ

I think they're just using Candie in the previews because she had such a memorable part of the previous episode. "It's incredible" and "Candie... Candie... CANDIE!" were both quotes from last week. But you never know!

I'll be very surprised if someone other than The Arm says "Let's Rock!"

Slaythe

I hadn't seen Lara Flynn Boyle in a while.

Oh god no. Why ? How ?

Like it's one thing to get surgery but how bad could the surgeon be ... ?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The Arm's doppleganger says, "let's rock," and turns Cooper into a rock. Nobody in the Dougieverse seems to notice he's a rock and treats him the same as they have been. The rest of the episode is an extended monologue where Candie talks about the miracles of running water while the Mitchum brothers stare in disbelief.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
You know, forgetting everything else about the series, I cannot believe Lynch has me looking forward to seeing Jim Belushi in something. According to Jim Fucking Belushi.

personally i never really got the hate for belushi. he's always been solid in roles that require him to be a semi serious bastard.

Zach

It's called "Let's Rock" so given our luck it'll be 60 minutes of bands playing at the Roadhouse.
Maybe it'll be The Most Lamentable Tragedy by Titus Andronicus. I mean:

It is a rock opera in five acts that follows "Our Hero," a man who is visited by his doppelganger and goes through considerable life experiences and dream sequences, all acting as a metaphor for manic depression.

It'll have to be a 90-minute episode, though.

>_>

<_<

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
24 hours about now until Part 12. I'm very intrigued and though I have some theories I'm not 100% sure what I should be expecting.

Airola

The Arm's doppleganger says, "let's rock," and turns Cooper into a rock. Nobody in the Dougieverse seems to notice he's a rock and treats him the same as they have been. The rest of the episode is an extended monologue where Candie talks about the miracles of running water while the Mitchum brothers stare in disbelief.

No, someone says "let's rock", turns a whole group of people into rocks and kicks them down the hill.

And that's how Lynch got Rolling Stones to perform in Twin Peaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom