• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
One reason I've been quiet this past week is because I've been at Disney World. So there's that. Nothing Peaks related. Haven't had a chance to fully rewatch part 12 yet even, but rewatched most of it last night. I get the hate but I don't share in it.

Disclaimer! Didn't get to fully rewatch the Audrey scene or the one after.

Yet every scene up to that point either moved the plot forwards, deepened our connections to characters or was funny as shit. Even if I end up hating those last two scenes I genuinely really enjoyed everything up to that point.

I think the perception that this one was being hyped, hurt it and I think following Part 11 hurt it... but it's not my least favorite episode. Not close to it.

But that 'missing pieces' description does feel very apt. But then again I've always felt the missing pieces worked well as a standalone. At least for me.

I have no idea what we're in store for with the new episode tonight. I also can't imagine what this thread will be like if it comes up short on giving us the goods.

Either way, it's Twin Peaks night!

mittelos

I think there's a chance that frog moth girl will probably end up being the girl that first used the term blue rose (as Albert mentions to Tammy in episode 12)....and that her name could well be Judy. Sarah doesn't need to be frog moth girl. She has plenty of visions anyways in the past. It also kinda weakens the whole Leland drugging her bit too if she's always been possessed by something. However, Sarah did say "Something happened to me" in the store. Whether she means literally or if she's talking about the past is unclear. No coincidence she's in a convenience store when she starts freaking out about "when they first came" either. I'm still 100% sure as to whether the woodsman are actually working with or against BOB although it heavily points it it being the former.

As for what was in the kitchen during the Sarah/Hawk thing - it's the kid from the store with her vodka and Sarah doesn't want Hawk to see her with that much booze. Simple as that.
Ohhh Judy, I like that idea. That's a thread that I'd really like to see more from, off the top of my head I can't remember what we've heard on Judy since Jeffries said "we're not gonna talk about Judy" in FWWM.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
At the very least, we know Charlie is in tonight's episode, as the episode title is literally, "What story is that, Charlie?"

Airola

At the very least, we know Charlie is in tonight's episode, as the episode title is literally, "What story is that, Charlie?"

Unless we now see the same scene from the perspective of the other person on the phone. We'll see her (was it Tina) sitting quietly exactly as long as the talk between Charlie and Audrey took. Then the phone rings. And she says "what story is that, Charlie?" Then we skip to the next scene without showing what she told Charlie on the phone.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Can't be worse than last week's episode so that's something to look forward to I guess. I need more episode 8 mindfuckery please.

hydruxo

But episode 8 was the worst episode.

tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif

m4st4

So, Episode 13 hype?

Anyone, anyone... Bueller?

Kidding, can't wait. Lynch's trolling is the best and I know it will all come full circle once all is said and done. We're a binge nation and this is constructed to work like old school TV, one week at a time.

ascully

As a die hard peaks fan, watched the show when it was originally aired and many times since. I have enjoyed every second of this new series. I really hope Lynch gets to make another season.

So this week is when it airs earlier in the US right? Despite that, Sky Atlantic is still not simulcasting it again because of - GUESS WHAT - Game of fucking Thrones even though Twin Peaks is an hour before Thrones. Still have to wait until 3am before we see it.

At least when the Twin Peaks finale hits, it'll be after Thrones finishes, thank the lord, so that will definitely be simulcasted.

Corpsepyre

Banned
So, Episode 13 hype?

Anyone, anyone... Bueller?

Kidding, can't wait. Lynch's trolling is the best and I know it will all come full circle once all is said and done. We're a binge nation and this is constructed to work like old school TV, one week at a time.

Don't need any fucking hype after what went down last week. I'd rather now have people not post shit about it on Twitter and elsewhere, and then end up being pleasantly surprised at what went down. Hype destroyed last week's episode.

Don't need any fucking hype after what went down last week. I'd rather now have people not post shit about it on Twitter and elsewhere, and then end up being pleasantly surprised at what went down. Hype destroyed last week's episode.

Maybe that's what the Twitter hype was all about. After last week's ep, our expectations and hype will never be the same.

Tonight's episode:

- Audrey goes angrily shopping for clothes with her husband, berates him when he won't buy the most expensive items
- 20 minutes of Gordon cooking quinoa while Albert waits with a wan expression for him to be done
- Tammy vaguely reacts to things while tensely posing her body
- Ed's debut is to hand Nadine a soda while she watches the new episode of Dr. Amp, which is shown in its entirety (with the commercial break)
- Bobby bravely rescues Amanda Seyfried from her horrible husband, drops her off at Shelly's, who answers the door in her nightie and quickly says goodnight and shuts the door when Red calls out from the bedroom to ask what's going on.
- Mike uses Lodge Power to help Dougie get elected Mayor. Dougie is able to complete the swearing in ceremony because it's just repeating the last thing he heard.
- 30 seconds of Eddie Vedder's Roadhouse performance, then cut to 2 strangers talking about one of them failed a DUI test and the other thinks they might have herpes

Starring
Kyle MacLachlan

I think Audrey's scene wouldn't have been so negatively received had it not been withheld until the last third of the season. Doing that allowed expectations to build that Audrey's eventual reveal would be more significant of a scene. Given how spare the context was for everything said in the scene, and how little it seemed to be integrated with everything else thus far (the bank vault explosion, the coma, Richard) it probably could have fit earlier in the season.

That said, I still enjoyed it last week, although that was more due to Charlie than Audrey herself.

bounchfx

Tonight's episode:

- Audrey goes angrily shopping for clothes with her husband, berates him when he won't buy the most expensive items
- 20 minutes of Gordon cooking quinoa while Albert waits with a wan expression for him to be done
- Tammy vaguely reacts to things while tensely posing her body
- Ed's debut is to hand Nadine a soda while she watches the new episode of Dr. Amp, which is shown in its entirety (with the commercial break)
- Bobby bravely rescues Amanda Seyfried from her horrible husband, drops her off at Shelly's, who answers the door in her nightie and quickly says goodnight and shuts the door when Red calls out from the bedroom to ask what's going on.
- Mike uses Lodge Power to help Dougie get elected Mayor. Dougie is able to complete the swearing in ceremony because it's just repeating the last thing he heard.
- 30 seconds of Eddie Vedder's Roadhouse performance, then cut to 2 strangers talking about one of them failed a DUI test and the other thinks they might have herpes

Starring
Kyle MacLachlan

5 stars

Airola

With regards to more... this is the word from Sabrina Sutherland (the executive producer).

There is a desire on the production side, but the show needs to finish airing before discussions can begin with Showtime.

That said, she linked the following petition, so if you want more, give this a sign I guess!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/tell-a-friend/40353870

"This is more than just a TV Show/film to us. It's a way of life, a community, a movement!"
That almost ruined it for me.

I don't like it when things are taken this seriously :(
I don't want to be a part of a movement. :(
I don't like when entertainment becomes a way of life :(

Signed.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
With regards to more... this is the word from Sabrina Sutherland (the executive producer).

There is a desire on the production side, but the show needs to finish airing before discussions can begin with Showtime.

That said, she linked the following petition, so if you want more, give this a sign I guess!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/tell-a-friend/40353870

Are we talking Coop Twin Peaks or Dougie Twin Peaks

gun_haver

"This is more than just a TV Show/film to us. It's a way of life, a community, a movement!"
That almost ruined it for me.

I don't like it when things are taken this seriously :(
I don't want to be a part of a movement. :(
I don't like when entertainment becomes a way of life :(

Signed.

Yeah that's a bit much. I mean, who cares if people want to get effusive with their support for the show, but it does make you seem a bit silly and I dunno why but it makes me immediately disengage. A...way of life? I guess I'm not part of that gang then.

As for the prospect of more - yes, we need to see how it ends first. The story may be finished, or it may end in such a way that it should continue. We don't know yet. However, regardless of that, if Dave wants to continue Twin Peaks in this vein, then I wonder if he wouldn't be better off starting something entirely new, whether it be another series or a movie to be distributed online. He's beholden to the world of Twin Peaks, but everything about this series has been about stretching that world into areas it never previously went to the point it is often unrecognisable as the series before. So, why not drop the pretense and put these ideas into a new world?

So I'm basically ambivalent on whether I want to see more. Then again, ep 12 was very disappointing for me so I'm a bit low on the show right now. That could change. I could also see myself eventually stopping watching if it did continue, depending on whether it was good or not - I'm not a dead cert for everything David Lynch does, as big a fan as I am of a lot of his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom